Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Cross rider forms always look bad and I don't expect the weird designs of the Ex-Aid suits to be able to buck the trend on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/shoyser/status/807467187711508481

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:allears:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Good design on Ex-Aid Beat Action Gamer Level DON.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
So excited for the Taiko Drum Master Gashat.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

So excited for the Taiko Drum Master Gashat.

That should've been the rhythm game Gashat instead of the generic one in the series.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if anyone has the sazerscrubs GranSazer im looking for eps 15, 16, 18, 20, and 22

the mega links for the rest are working, but those six are down af and the torrents are dead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is also good.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

OnimaruXLR posted:

I never really got this take. Time Force is basically Timeranger with less of an edge, but SPD never really delivered on the "It's a cop show! But Power Rangers" vibe that Deka thrived on

Like they always felt like some sort of weird Starfleet Academy thing rather than cops who arrest aliens

It didn't help that they tried to make the main villain this galactic conqueror type, but then they also kept in the arms dealer villain from Dekaranger who was their main villain. So you have this guy who supposedly controls whole planets, but then his whole army are the robotic grunts that every common criminal uses.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SCOOTY PUFF JUNIOR SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
MIGHTY JUMP
MIGHTY DRUM
MIGHTY MIGHTY ACTION
DON!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Stallion Cabana posted:

There was so much good poo poo in that special.

Seriously

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man what the hell is up with the opening credit sequence for Blade

It's like a fuckin romance show instead of a superhero show

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Genis' combat introduction in Zyuogher involves him winning a 10 on 1 fight.

I'm thinking all the build up was worth it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's slightly disappointing that it took so long for the villains' plot to really kick in in Zyuohger, I much preferred ToQger where they were constantly at odds with each other, but at least it's finally gotten going and it's pretty good.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
https://youtu.be/_mol96hP5HM

This trailer for the Orb prequel spinoff gets VERY interesting towards the end.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Vise the Stompy posted:

Hearts initial Kamen Rider transformation is the picture what Gen thought Drive looked like from catching glances during slow down.

I was wondering if that was the case and it's nice to see that someone could confirm it.

So I watched the Drive specials and I really, really liked the Heart one. The Mach one...less so.

I didn't think it was bad exactly, and some of the problems I had with it aren't necessarily ones others would have. My biggest problem was, it's been a couple of years since Drive, I had no clue who Reiko was. I still don't remember that episode at all. Probably other people do, and that's fine, but it's hard to make me care about her when I can't remember a thing about her.

Second, maybe they were trying to do this at the start of the special, but it really, really bugs me that there was no buildup to this romance between Gou and Reiko at all. If it had been set up in the series itself that Gou was still talking to her, then yeah, this special would have been a really sweet way to end the relationship. Instead they go "Oh uh actually Gou was totally writing and visiting her the entire time, yep, we just never showed it to you for reasons." I don't buy that, it's lazy as hell. Now maybe this is partially due to me not remembering the episode and in it, Gou says "I'll write you and visit you all the time I promise." I'd still have the issue that they never showed this, but I'd accept it a little better. But having a romance between a main character and an extremely minor character doesn't work if you don't put in effort to establish it better, in my mind.

I'm also still not sure how Gou survived the hanging and that bothers me slightly too. Yeah yeah it's a TV show, and people have survived similar or worse injuries, but they could have put in a single line or something to explain it since Gou really doesn't have superpowers outside of the suit.

I did however love the scene where Kanno arrests Gou right as he's about to get close to Reiko. That's good stuff.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Second, maybe they were trying to do this at the start of the special, but it really, really bugs me that there was no buildup to this romance between Gou and Reiko at all. If it had been set up in the series itself that Gou was still talking to her, then yeah, this special would have been a really sweet way to end the relationship. Instead they go "Oh uh actually Gou was totally writing and visiting her the entire time, yep, we just never showed it to you for reasons." I don't buy that, it's lazy as hell. Now maybe this is partially due to me not remembering the episode and in it, Gou says "I'll write you and visit you all the time I promise." I'd still have the issue that they never showed this, but I'd accept it a little better. But having a romance between a main character and an extremely minor character doesn't work if you don't put in effort to establish it better, in my mind.

From what I understand, a lot of things are setup in the Mach novel, which obviously results in non-Japanese viewers lacking. Reiko's father factors into that plot, which sets up Gou meeting with her in prison to try and get a better understanding about what's going on, and they start to connect over their shared aspect of "My dad was a monster", which the movie kind of touches on as well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John McClane posted:

https://youtu.be/_mol96hP5HM

This trailer for the Orb prequel spinoff gets VERY interesting towards the end.

Looks good, hopefully this one gets released stateside or at the very least a fansub group picks it up (I did hear something about Tsuburaya doing English subs for this though I'm not sure if that's a garuntee there will be a western release, not sure why they wouldn't though). Orb is up there with Mebius and X as far as shows where I liked pretty much the entire cast and I will miss this show once it concludes in a few weeks.

Hopefully Tsuburaya will eventually be financially stable enough to start doing decent length series' again as, while they were still great for what they were, both Orb and it's predecessor could have benefited greatly from a longer episode count (Hell, if you think about it X was basically to the Heisei era what Mebius was to the Showa era and I would have liked to see that expanded upon a bit more).

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

OZC posted:

From what I understand, a lot of things are setup in the Mach novel, which obviously results in non-Japanese viewers lacking. Reiko's father factors into that plot, which sets up Gou meeting with her in prison to try and get a better understanding about what's going on, and they start to connect over their shared aspect of "My dad was a monster", which the movie kind of touches on as well.

Yeah my only complaint with the Mach half of the special was that they made the spinoff novel basically required reading. Or at least you had to know the broad strokes of it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
https://twitter.com/TuanBiaoGe/status/809040352627699712

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
https://twitter.com/TuanBiaoGe/status/809237736292876288

this is amazing

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

OZC posted:

Ah alright. I rescind that complaint then, since they did set it up, we just didn't see it. Though yeah, I'm not a fan of supplemental material being required to understand the plot of something, that's kinda why I stopped liking Kingdom Hearts since it seems like you need to play a ton of side games just to know what's going on. Though OT didn't translate them (and probably won't, I'm guessing) apparently there was a lot of weird alternate timeline stuff in the Kamen Rider 4 specials and some of the others, since Gou actually does die in the movie which is canon to the main timeline, and there's a couple of specials of Tomari navigating a time loop or something so that he could be brought back to life.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 16, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ah alright. I rescind that complaint then, since they did set it up, we just didn't see it. Though yeah, I'm not a fan of supplemental material being required to understand the plot of something, that's kinda why I stopped liking Kingdom Hearts since it seems like you need to play a ton of side games just to know what's going on. Though OT didn't translate them (and probably won't, I'm guessing) apparently there was a lot of weird alternate timeline stuff in the Kamen Rider 4 specials and some of the others, since Gou actually does die in the movie which is canon to the main timeline, and there's a couple of specials of Tomari navigating a time loop or something so that he could be brought back to life.

yeah Gou dies in the movie, then Tomari, Takumi Inui (Faiz), and Zeronos end up doing time travel shenanigans to find a timeline where he isn't dead, because he kept dying on the same day no matter what was done. The end result was Kamen Rider 4 was causing the paradoxes, and he was a full robot instead of half man half machine, so when Tomari destroys him the timeline is reset and Gou Survives.

There's also some weird poo poo with Great Leader taking Takumi's form? But I wasn't clear what was going on with that. According to the Wiki it was 'Takumi was supposed to die at the end of his show, but Shocker prevented it from happening, so Takumi was the reason for both Kamen Rider 3 and Kamen Rider 4', so he destroys the machine and possibly kills himself? to save Gou

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 16, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Only managed to get the Excite Sbs for 10 recently. Graphite kinda goes out like a bitch. Lazer is still the coolest.

Next episode spoiler: Dangerous Zombie looks hosed up in a rad way.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 18, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
So I'm turning really sour on Ex-Aid right now, and as the only person who gives a poo poo I might as well post about it.

Let's start with things I'm cool with. Dan is the most hardcore villain I've seen on a children's show. He's a clear psycho and is so messed up even the guy who's mean to be the ostensible leader of the the bad guys is disturbed by him. He nearly Rider Kicks a small child. How he gets Dangerous Zombie is loving cool. Emu is okay and is getting gradual development so hopes are high he's not another Takeru. The aesthetic of the show is fun, although it does result in some silly looking designs. I'm glad the show's got into the swing of things and is cutting down on the jingles so we don't spend 5 minutes watching the same henshin sequences over and over.

Now for the sour stuff. Hiro and Taiga are a bunch of nothing right now. Hiro's development is probably really slow on purpose (for reasons I'll talk about later), but Taiga seems to think he's in the Pokemon anime and has to catch all the Gashats to be the Kamen Rider Master. He's not an outrageous heel like Kaito from Gaim, so he's not entertaining to watch. He's just an obnoxious jerk. The rider war stuff actually slows down the show a lot, and most of the cause of that is usually because Hiro refuses to get character development. Every other character in CR is loving useless. Hiro's dad did some exposition I guess?

Spoiler stuff: They're clearly angling to kill off Kiriya next episode, and this is loving boneheaded. I'm sure the kids who got Kamen Rider Laser toys this Christmas will love it. Plus, Kiriya serves an important role in that he's a light-hearted character, and if they bump him off all we're left with is Emu and the Two Edgelords. There's a non-zero chance he lives, being the Rider Machine and all, but him getting no toys and them needed to big up Kuruto Dan the Dangerous Zombie isn't good. I might step away from the show because he made the bickering of the riders tolerable.

If there's any consolation prize, it's that there's a 1 second shot of a girl in red and blue in the Next Time section, and I would bet solid money on her being Kamen Rider Paradox. This owns because we need more women Kamen Riders who don't get treated like garbage.

Also every little kid Emu treats is a poo poo.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 19, 2016

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
So, uhhhh, here's the newest tweet from the Power Rangers twitter account:

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/810776350554525696

I really REALLY hope that isn't Goldar because if so then it looks like they just took the gold part of his name and loving ran with it...right into the ground

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's the toy and we know bandai doesn't like using paint.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

The Deleter posted:

Hiro and Taiga are a bunch of nothing right now.

I really, truly hope Hiiro gets over himself, or just gets his rear end beat so hard somebody else takes the Brave mantle from him for the rest of the show, because his too-cool-for-school shitlord personality makes him the worst person in the entire cast. Like he literally has no redeeming qualities right now other than "the cake thing was funny, once" and his absolutely insane explanation for how he takes advantage of DoReMiFa Beat. At least Taiga's entertaining in that he'll straight up Specter on everyone the second it's convenient for him; Hiiro's just there to insult Emu and get in his way (to the grand detriment of both of them) for no good goddamn reason other than "Piss off, intern."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mr. nepotism isn't ready to accept anyone as equals because he is an elitist piece of poo poo. however, even though the world itself tries to take him down a peg almost every episode he doesn't learn a drat thing.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You'd have thought that he'd soften up way earlier after the reveal about Saki. I guess they're making a point of revenge being bad or something, because Graphite's dead but he's still the same jerk. Hopefully the new villain power-up will take him down a notch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the thing is, hiiro always gets his rear end kicked when he tries to fight alone. even for the fights he wins, emu could also have won if he wasn't busy with something or other at the time. the rest of the time after emu inevitably bails his rear end out, hiiro then acts as though he did everything himself. that is stupidity, not pride.

hiiro is emu's sidekick but he somehow thinks that he is a solitary invincible champion.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
If Hiiro turned out to be the new Kaito in combat effectiveness I would come around to him completely and wholeheartedly because this fucker is perfect for a hilarious self-destructive tailspin over being designated the biggest jobber since Heisei-movies Shadow Moon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm holding out hope that they're building up for Hiiro to have a massive hubris implosion about halfway through the series.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the thing is, it is very obvious that the jerk riders are intentionally written as jerks. if the writing is good, they will all either get over themselves or else go total villain. if the writing is bad, then bigger, more elaborate finishers will take the place of character development. if the writing is ghost, they will just kinda stand around being boring while emu does everything himself.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm holding out hope that they're building up for Hiiro to have a massive hubris implosion about halfway through the series.

I found the dead-girlfriend reveal to be funnier than anything because it tries to be this big explanation for "Oh, that's why he's so obsessed with being The Best Doctor and The Best Rider, also isn't it cute he eats cake in her memory."

'cause it's like

no dog

you're just an incredible rear end in a top hat and you always were

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if the writing is ghost, they will just kinda stand around being boring while emu does everything himself.

I wish Makoto stayed the Specter that scared Takeru shitless from ep5-10. The Specter that somehow detects Takeru turning into Ghost from across town, goes "Not on my watch," and shows up out of absolutely nowhere specifically and solely to ruin Takeru's day. That Specter ruled.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shaezerus posted:

I wish Makoto stayed the Specter that scared Takeru shitless from ep5-10. The Specter that somehow detects Takeru turning into Ghost from across town, goes "Not on my watch," and shows up out of absolutely nowhere specifically and solely to ruin Takeru's day. That Specter ruled.

agreed. too bad he died so early but it was nice of them to keep his actor on as an extra.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if the writing is ghost, they will just kinda stand around being boring while emu does everything himself.

Thankfully we had a whole 2 part arc about how Emu can't do stuff alone. Now all we need to do is hope the writers remember they did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

The best part of EX-Aid for me right now is that Kiriya is literally just Doctor House but he's played by a Japanese man.

Like he's a loving direct copy; some super intelligent dude who doesn't play by the rules with a secret past trauma that makes him think everyone's a liar and there's no use telling the truth who just willingly breaks laws to get what he wants and is obsessed with solving difficult illnesses more then helping patients. Plus he turns into a Motorcycle like House's obsession with them and wears sweet rear end clothes like Hawaiian shirts and red leather jackets.

Just make the show about Laser already. He's clearly the best dude.

• Locked thread