Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone going to brazil for the ufc? If so please carry a big sign that says "for gay jesus"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

trust me he was always bad, he just hasn't become always bad yet

he doesnt have enough twitter followers for me to care

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i hope struve gives a shout out to his brethren kipenzi in his post fight

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Most fighters turn out to eventually have been bad the entire time. A major exception is gsp, who around 2010 turned out to actually have been gay the entire time.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Struve said his training camp has been 6 months long :stare:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fatherdog posted:

As of, I believe, July 1st, all fighters under UFC contract are getting random tests year-round.

Separate from that is the testing that Athletic Commissions do in the leadup to the fight, and immediately before and after. That's not handled by the UFC or the USADA, but by the individual athletic commissions involved. When they're in countries that don't have athletic commissions the UFC handles that, but as of last year Brazil does have an athletic commission which does that kind of testing (usually quite badly).

Lmao thinking about Brazil's athletic commission considering how amateur Nevada's is after however many decades it's been around. Seriously Court TV is more professional.

Has Brazil's "commission" even caught anybody cheating?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

tesilential posted:

Lmao thinking about Brazil's athletic commission considering how amateur Nevada's is after however many decades it's been around. Seriously Court TV is more professional.

Has Brazil's "commission" even caught anybody cheating?

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/cabmma-ufc-fighter-rony-jasons-b-test-also-positive-for-banned-diuretic
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/9/8379383/ufc-jorge-oliveira-peds-stanozolol-steroids-mma-news
http://www.cagepotato.com/piotr-hallmann-tests-positive-for-steroids-following-ufc-fight-night-51/

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
IIRC, CABMMA also reversed a couple of bad referee stoppages; relatively recently too. I don't even remember the last time the NSAC admitted that a ref screwed up.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I got 99 problems but a Fitch/Snitch/Stitch ain't one

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
UFC August - Danas a petty little highschool girl whose face looks like a pinched foreskin

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

UFC August - Danas a petty little highschool girl whose face looks like a pinched foreskin

Easily the best so far.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

outy posted:

Ronda's success is obviously largely down to her hard work, but it's massively amplified by the fact that she's a world class, lifelong full-time athlete in a division filled with LARPers. It's like Tyson turning up at a suburban white-collar boxing gym.

So true. There are other "athletes" in the division I guess, but Judo is one of very few women's sports that actually has decent participation levels on a worldwide basis, so they have a chance to catch some athletic gems.

Wrestling sure as poo poo doesn't.

There are so few women even training MMA or BJJ that it's pure chance if they turn up a decent athlete.

Just look at Ronda's own taking partners.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
UFC Aug - (extremely Palin voice) You Bethe!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
BJJScout did a little thing on Ronda's striking improvements -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CoR4HYmZg&hd=1

It depends kind of heavily on footage of padwork, but that's to be expected since she's spent less than three minutes in the cage since 2013.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kurohashi posted:

I'm concerned for the health of more fighters in this next card than I've ever been. It should be a retirement card for a lot of guys on it.

Hey everyone, check out the GDT for this weekend's card. Doctor's orders.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

BJJScout did a little thing on Ronda's striking improvements -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CoR4HYmZg&hd=1

It depends kind of heavily on footage of padwork, but that's to be expected since she's spent less than three minutes in the cage since 2013.

Hey, just like Dom Cruz! :thumbsup:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Cejudo might be the new Lombard

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Man. Mir/Arlovski is like the double digit UFC ppv that never happened. This year is such a trip.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bluedeanie posted:

Hey everyone, check out the GDT for this weekend's card. Doctor's orders.

The OP for this gdt is truly, truly brilliant. You've raised the bar again Bluedeanie.

DrBrezo
May 13, 2009

A slightly more svelte Mark Hunt has been booked for UFC 193 in Melbourne... no solid word on his opponent but I'd wager its Browne or CroCop

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
UFC August - Who cuts the cutman?

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

MA-Horus posted:

Ronda's judo is goddamn artwork, especially against opponents that have absolutely no idea how to control their momentum

Give that woman a chance to use your body's momentum against you, and you might as well tap right then and there.

The judo club I trained at years ago had a former Canadian Olympian as one of the black belt instructors and on one of my first nights there I sparred with her. Despite outweighing her by at least 60 pounds, she absolutely tooled up on me. Just rear end-over-tea-kettle over and over again, and it was all using my weight and momentum against me in the most efficient way possible. Just smooth as hell.

And you might think it would be fun to roll with a girl, but when she's on the verge of breaking your arm or choking you out every 10 seconds or so, all the sexytime thoughts go out the goddamned window. No fun at all.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Weirdo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

acejackson42 posted:

And you might think it would be fun to roll with a girl, but when she's on the verge of breaking your arm or choking you out every 10 seconds or so, all the sexytime thoughts go out the goddamned window. No fun at all.

No. No I do not.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Someone tell Big Nog this information so he can roll with gay dudes without fear of them getting a boner

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I thought it was real fun to spar with this girl that was 5ft tall because it was a great excuse to practice head kicks.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Small women truly are the most fun to kick in the head

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

MycroftXXX posted:

UFC August - Who cuts the cutman?

I like

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I did a dumb thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVEq6fSCug

There's only one more day until we run out of excuses to make puns on Bethe's name :smith:

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

outy posted:

UFC August - I got 99 problems but a Bethe ain't one.

This is clearly the best one.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

destroy this vile crap of a picture

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

acai moonsault posted:

destroy this vile crap of a picture

No, actually we should tile it and make it the background to the subforum. Wrestling fans get to pick the name, we get to make them stare at Trump and Sylvia's faces, fair trade.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

attackmole posted:

No, actually we should tile it and make it the background to the subforum. Wrestling fans get to pick the name, we get to make them stare at Trump and Sylvia's faces, fair trade.

Seconded.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC August - the Nog Days of Summer

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

I just got UFC TV and am catching up on everything I missed over the past few years. Dolce was just on Ultimate Fighter? when I last watched - can someone explain why everyone is/was sucking his diet dick and why? I assume it's over now, but it's getting mentioned in nearly every card. Thanks and God bless.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He babysits idiots and prepares their meals so they don't eat like poo poo and maybe had good drugs who knows

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
He's a former fighter, so the UFC affiliation was already there, and did some UFC-branded fitness stuff which may have been around the period you're watching now so there was a lot of co-promotion.

Also

1st AD posted:

He babysits idiots and prepares their meals so they don't eat like poo poo and maybe had good drugs who knows
although I'm not sure 'idiot' is the right term; if you can pay someone to fix all your meals for you that's one thing less to worry about when training for a fight. I think fatherdog or someone wrote a bit about this and decision fatigue.

From the UFC's point of view fighters missing weight is a Bad Thing, so they probably consider it handy to have a guy they can point people at to get help if they need it.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Thank you both. The background is helpful, it just seemed like a lot of hyperbole like "well, as you know he's now working with Mike Dolce so he's probably going to win this fight without stepping in the ring but just cardio for days and OH HE GOT ROCKED HE'S OUT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

I want A black leather jacket. Yeah. Wait no, A black leather jacket with a skull on it man. Wait no. A black leather jacket with TWO skulls on it. Yeah. WAIT NO NO NO. I want a black leather jacket with two SCREAMING skulls. gently caress YEAAAAAAAH.

• Locked thread