Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

coconono posted:

If they’re talking five years, I bet there’s a cop with a sore jaw involved.

Nah Japan is just big on criminal justice punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Michael Elgin's fall from grace has been quite the ride. Didn't the sneaking across the canadian border as champion the beginning of it?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Michael Elgin needs to be a subject of a Crime In Sports episode at some point.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestleFeatures/status/1548288827873038338?t=NcVSwiXNoTEhxuiQSEPaXg&s=19

It was not, in fact, cool.

But let's do a dive into How Retribution Owned.

https://twitter.com/TKPunk2016/status/1548517554397782016?t=CKugqz1tpjyGo93fvbrHUw&s=19
https://twitter.com/Derrick_Wolfrex/status/1548390834386522117?t=LpY-z_XHHxIVBCcXpUhaWQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/Aussielution/status/1548337003422310405?t=3e-RyDmAMBrFFqmIGI1Orw&s=19

Lid fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 17, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

"ThunderDome era is so goated" :lmao:

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Personally I shoplift small poo poo all the time because like, who cares it's 5-20 dollars, it's loving ludicrous the max penalty is 5 years there, Christ.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but at the same time gently caress Michael Elgin, it would be very funny if he had to do 5 years in a Japanese prison for anything at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was wondering why all these tweets about Michael Elgin were in the Chris Regal thread and now I understand why, Mr. Elgin has been framed and defamed yet again!

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/1548583050421968898

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He didn't say "I did not steal protein". :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So basically, the police told him to leave the country and not come back and they would drop the charges, right?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I was wondering why all these tweets about Michael Elgin were in the Chris Regal thread and now I understand why, Mr. Elgin has been framed and defamed yet again!

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/1548583050421968898

lol im not owned txt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So is it time for Michael Elgin to control his narrative or, staggering to think about, is CYN too big league for him at this point?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

So basically, the police told him to leave the country and not come back and they would drop the charges, right?

That's exactly what happened and he's going to spend the next few months arguing that he was never charged

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hope Elgin gets some help before he ends up homeless/dead somewhere, but also lol

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

So is it time for Michael Elgin to control his narrative or, staggering to think about, is CYN too big league for him at this point?

Is he able to get back into the US at this point? Thought he had visa issues like Speedball used to.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Venomous posted:

Is he able to get back into the US at this point? Thought he had visa issues like Speedball used to.

Cagematch has him working some low level indies in the US so he doesn't have Visa issues at least but he seems to burned bridges with any promotion of a decent size.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Time for Elgin to control his narrative

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh, lmao. Okay, he'll be CYN's new ace, I guess

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 17, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can see CYN passing cause while they probably have no problem with the sex pest Stuff Elgin has a big rep of just not being liked in locker rooms so I can seem the skipping just cause of that

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I can see CYN passing because protein crimes are against everything they stand for

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Nea posted:

Personally I shoplift small poo poo all the time because like, who cares it's 5-20 dollars, it's loving ludicrous the max penalty is 5 years there, Christ.

Small poo poo being the important part. Protein powder is not an item I would imagine as a good shoplifting target.

I can imagine a version of this that is cool. Hell, the Nexus Invasion was cool. Retribution was just too lame to work well here.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

El Generico posted:

Small poo poo being the important part. Protein powder is not an item I would imagine as a good shoplifting target.

I can imagine a version of this that is cool. Hell, the Nexus Invasion was cool. Retribution was just too lame to work well here.

The Nexus invasion was cool because it was a bunch of already known young up and comers showing up unannounced and completely by surprise, destroying everything and laying waste to Cena in the process.

When Retribution did it, it was a bunch of people given stupid names that weren't threatening at all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Hoss Corncave posted:

The Nexus invasion was cool because it was a bunch of already known young up and comers showing up unannounced and completely by surprise, destroying everything and laying waste to Cena in the process.

When Retribution did it, it was a bunch of people given stupid names that weren't threatening at all.

They also had a press release before they should up which is even lamer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

It's funny because Nexus was full of really bad talent but had a chance (until it was booked into oblivion within weeks) because it was fresh and new.

Meanwhile they had so much good talent at their disposal for Retribution and it never had a chance. Not that the Retribution invasion would have worked even if it was done in 2010.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The nexus invasion got Bryan Danielson “fired” which was endlessly funny to me.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Can somebody explain to me what bridges Mike Elgin has burned with individual promotions? Like I know he's unwelcome in NJPW, Impact, ROH, etc but lol what did he do to get banned from each of them?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Can somebody explain to me what bridges Mike Elgin has burned with individual promotions? Like I know he's unwelcome in NJPW, Impact, ROH, etc but lol what did he do to get banned from each of them?

According to Tama Tonga he got out of his NJPW contract early by saying he wanted to spend time at home with his son, and then showed up in Japan again a few months later.

Impact he got cut from because he was arrested for violating a restraining order

ROH something to do with baseball?

NOAH because he stole protein powder

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

According to Tama Tonga he got out of his NJPW contract early by saying he wanted to spend time at home with his son, and then showed up in Japan again a few months later.

Impact he got cut from because he was arrested for violating a restraining order

Time for Elgin to learn lucha libre

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

how did elgin argue that this was ok?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

He apparently does address Tama Tonga in one of his many YouTube videos but nobody has ever actually watched them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He apparently does address Tama Tonga in one of his many YouTube videos but nobody has ever actually watched them

Lies, Michael Elgin has watched them many times

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Elgin was never actually cut from TNA, they kept him under contract the whole time just never used him. He's suing for that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe he just wanted to spend a few months with his son. I mean, I've been around kids, i get it.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I was always amused that for a guy his size how thin his skin is. There was one G1 press conference where ZSJ commented on the fit of Elgin's suit and all Elgin could respond with was a weakly delivered "Well you used to wash my clothes as a young boy".

It's funny how very different their careers have turned out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just glad we don't need to hear anyone pretend he's a good wrestler anymore. Just the definition of mid. A moveset of power moves while neither being big enough to look like a monster or small enough to look like some freak of nature. All while working with some of the best talent in the world.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Naito was responsible for three of the best carryjobs of all time

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

roh was

https://twitter.com/JoeyOnEarth/status/1031272779130265609

and also he jobbed in the first round of BOLA while roh champion

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly the best way to describe Elgin is that he has a career where he's allowed to lie about his height and decided on 5'11''

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Honestly the best way to describe Elgin is that he has a career where he's allowed to lie about his height and decided on 5'11''

if he had any shred of self awareness i'd almost applaud him for trying to make the 5' 11" vs 6' meme real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/babinsack1/status/185874509574848512