Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Palpek posted:

Now imagine righteously killing both Letho and the Cat Witcher and then turning out to be a bad dad, just goddamn.

i love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Lobok posted:

CDPR are big Last Action Hero fans.

Nah, For Your Eyes Only

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I don't know who decided that Arachnomorphs were a good idea. At some point between the release and HoS some developer said "You know I think this great game is suffering from a lack of spider enemies, one of the most beloved of all RPG enemy tropes. But let's add some spice and make them basically not fight you and just backstep repeatedly. Also let's have them shoot a web that snares you. Folks are gonna love this".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I don't know who decided that Arachnomorphs were a good idea. At some point between the release and HoS some developer said "You know I think this great game is suffering from a lack of spider enemies, one of the most beloved of all RPG enemy tropes. But let's add some spice and make them basically not fight you and just backstep repeatedly. Also let's have them shoot a web that snares you. Folks are gonna love this".

IIRC the best way to deal with them is through copious application of fire.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Also alt-yrden to shoot their webs out of the air.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Also alt-yrden to shoot their webs out of the air.

alt-yrden solves most problems tbh

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
it's my go-to for damage sponge enemy types on death march. Killing bears etc at low level is really tedious without it constantly chipping at them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, burn it with fire seemed to work on the spider things. The plant monsters were much more annoying even with the potion that made their attacks actually heal me.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Foltest was a intensely believable king, I loved the bit where he talks to the soldier with the hosed up face before the assault at the beginning of w2.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

To me that whole thing came of as arrogant and kind of consending. Like he's trying too hard to be a bro, but as Geralt points out he still rolls onto battle on his tower while real soldiers die below because he couldn't keep his prick in check.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah, exactly, a spot-on king.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Palpek posted:

Now imagine righteously killing both Letho and the Cat Witcher and then turning out to be a bad dad, just goddamn.

a dude on an old forum i used to post on did this and got that ending and it near enough broke him. we had to endure novel length forum tears (you know.. like.. this.. how could.. how could we know? i just..) it later evolved, as it always does, into how having not so obvious choices and consequences in video games and storytelling is bad design. lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Avalerion posted:

To me that whole thing came of as arrogant and kind of consending. Like he's trying too hard to be a bro, but as Geralt points out he still rolls onto battle on his tower while real soldiers die below because he couldn't keep his prick in check.

he's no duck.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

it later evolved, as it always does, into how having not so obvious choices and consequences in video games and storytelling is bad design. lol.

W3 only had 2 really bad examples with this imo, shoving Djistrika is one. And Ciri has a weird one where you don't have to be perfect ends up meaning lets get drunk and the other choice also isn't very representative of what will happen.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I would have shoved Djikstra if it wasn't the thread title.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I would have shoved Djikstra if it wasn't the thread title.
Didnt some other thread end up with that same title? What was with that?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Didnt some other thread end up with that same title? What was with that?

The ME Andromeda thread. I assume the joke is that is sucks and you should play The Witcher 3 instead.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Senjuro posted:

The ME Andromeda thread. I assume the joke is that is sucks and you should play The Witcher 3 instead.
lol. I should have been able to figure that out on my own. Thanks!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Holy loving poo poo, Gaunter O'Dimm just follows you around through the HoS main quests. He's just watching you in cut scenes, like during the auction house and the heist.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Avalerion posted:

I think you'll find it was ok bc he was the king

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Annoying, yup. But Axii stops `em in their tracks or you can freeze them with Northern Wind.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I managed to kill the spiders blocking the hunk of jade for the runewright about 15 levels early with nothing but igni, quen, sidestepping, and gumption but don't ask me to do it again

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I am a serious arachnophobe and am NOT looking forward to when I have to fight giant spiders in a dark cave aaaaaaaahhhh why game why

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If serious about the arachnophobia, there's mods to change them into other stuff.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

As far as I can tell the Runewright is useless unless you have all the money immediately available because he's an amateur Smith and can't even make Greater Glyphs and Runes at level 1. I'm assuming that changes at Level 3?

Also he doesn't carry any appreciable amount of money so you're still going to be running back to Hanzo and the Passiflora.

Edit:. I'm not in the DLC yet though so maybe there are good vendors there.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

As far as I can tell the Runewright is useless unless you have all the money immediately available because he's an amateur Smith and can't even make Greater Glyphs and Runes at level 1. I'm assuming that changes at Level 3?

Also he doesn't carry any appreciable amount of money so you're still going to be running back to Hanzo and the Passiflora.

Edit:. I'm not in the DLC yet though so maybe there are good vendors there.

Get the mod that gives vendors more money. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/819/
This makes every merchant have 5000 crowns, and if you have so much poo poo to sell that they still run out, you can simply exit and enter the shop interface again to refresh their money.
Stealth edit: Wait, you're on PS4 right? Too bad

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is the Passiflora a good place to sell stuff?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Avalerion posted:

W3 only had 2 really bad examples with this imo, shoving Djistrika is one. And Ciri has a weird one where you don't have to be perfect ends up meaning lets get drunk and the other choice also isn't very representative of what will happen.

It makes sense in that actually she really does need to be perfect, because the fate of the entire world is on her shoulders.

And the other option is clearly the better one anyway.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is the Passiflora a good place to sell stuff?

Someone said it was online and it seems to be for me. It's right by a fast travel point and she buys junk so all those hides in your inventory can be a nice chunk of change.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And the other option is clearly the better one anyway.

Yea but the promt is something vague like "I know what to do".

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I think it was, "I know something that will cheer you up."

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I think it was, "I know something that will cheer you up."

As opposed to: "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything. Even though if you aren't good at this you could potentially destroy the world."

Plucky Brit fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 22, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I do think a handful of the dialogue prompts are pretty vague about what Geralt will actually say or do when you select them. Like, I don't mind the consequences of what I do being unpredictable, but when what I'm choosing to do is itself unclear it can be a little annoying.

It's a really minor gripe though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oooooooooooookay, so the bookseller in Novigrad has some quest items in his inventory...

Problem: This is New Game Plus and I haven't been here before. They are absolutely items he should not have and that I may have sold him last game.

What the hell?

Example: Vlodimir's letter to Olgierd, also known as a quest I haven't touched in this game yet.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 22, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus mastercrafted gear is fuckin' expensive. All my Feline stuff cost me like $7k with all the parts.

I don't even want to know about Grandmaster stuff

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jesus mastercrafted gear is fuckin' expensive. All my Feline stuff cost me like $7k with all the parts.

I don't even want to know about Grandmaster stuff

You'll have more than enough cash pretty quickly in BW

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Plucky Brit posted:

As opposed to: "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything. Even though if you aren't good at this you could potentially destroy the world."

I didn't tell her to relax because generally telling someone to relax doesn't do anything or makes things worse. The other option to cheer Ciri up sounded better.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I tried a shop inventory cleanup mod. Cleared their inventory.

When it reset, the stuff was still there, WTF

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

I tried a shop inventory cleanup mod. Cleared their inventory.

When it reset, the stuff was still there, WTF

I've never run into that, is it game breaking or something? Otherwise I'd just continue on and not sweat it. Shouldn't break anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What quests in B&W do I need to finish before Capture the Castle?