Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My dock just completely stopped working for no apparent reason a few months ago so I bought a cheap small one on Amazon that also works for the Steam Deck

That's illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

never had that problem. you're all liars spreading FUD for nintendo's competition. and it's a little bit sickening.

Yup. It’s transparent. And karma will come for them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

my switch wall charger doesnt charge my usb-c flashlight for some reason

Try cleaning it out, it’s probably clogged.

EDIT: Misread, disregard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

That's illegal

I actually panicked at first after buying it, because I remembered reading that third party docks can brick the Switch and was worried that the official Dock has internal components to make the Switch more powerful for playing on TV resolutions, but it turns out neither of those are true and I'm just retarded

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

my switch wall charger doesnt charge my usb-c flashlight for some reason

It's 99.9% similar but there's some minor difference where it's not technically listed as usb-c I think

Probably just means Nintendo isn't liable if a 3rd party dock or cable fucks up your switch somehow

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think the first wave of 3rd party docks back in 2017 could brick it because they had the power supply specs slightly wrong, but i'm sure theyve figured it out since

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I think the early 3rd party switch docks didn't do the PD standard correctly. I have a generic Ugreen USB-C hub with an HDMI port and it just works with the Switch.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

this. it seems like the dock itself can crash, its weird

yeah everything is a computer now and needs to be rebooted / power cycled. this happens with my docking station for my laptop at work too. it's annoying

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tmfc posted:

yeah everything is a computer now and needs to be rebooted / power cycled. this happens with my docking station for my laptop at work too. it's annoying

ive been watching a lot of pop math videos on youtube and i think maybe everything has always been a computer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My dock just completely stopped working for no apparent reason a few months ago so I bought a cheap small one on Amazon that also works for the Steam Deck

nintendo is sending anton chigurh to your place right now

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Only problems I’ve had was some joycons drifting which was completely my fault, not Nintendo’s. Bought some cheap replacements and a toolkit off Amazon and it’s an easy fix.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try cleaning it out, it’s probably clogged.

EDIT: Misread, disregard

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

ive been watching a lot of pop math videos on youtube and i think maybe everything has always been a computer

A man reads this post, turns to his wife in horror and realises that he's always belonged in YOSPOS. This Twilight Zone reboot is poorly received

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

scary ghost dog posted:

pretty much.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

A man reads this post, turns to his wife in horror and realises that he's always belonged in YOSPOS. This Twilight Zone reboot is poorly received

more like this post is poorly received. owned.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey kid I’m a computer. Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol. classic

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol but reading this in john travolta's voice for some reason and not the intended one

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/LF_MrL314/status/1677126196306247680

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol waiting for the racers to get confused by the sudden shift in location and go back a screen

----------------

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://youtu.be/u1-fu8loFDY

New shantae game will be released on gba

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

whoa that's sick

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

its actually the canceled shantae game from 2004 being finished which makes it even cooler. definitely has to be the record holder for missing a release date but still making it onto the system, i can't think of any other game that meets that status.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its actually the canceled shantae game from 2004 being finished which makes it even cooler. definitely has to be the record holder for missing a release date but still making it onto the system, i can't think of any other game that meets that status.

star fox 2

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they need to give it a cartridge release imo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

will it also be released not on gba? i initially assumed so but i saw some people complaining so not sure.
edit: i mean at the same time

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

will it also be released not on gba? i initially assumed so but i saw some people complaining so not sure.
edit: i mean at the same time

They haven’t announced it coming to anything other than GBA but I can’t imagine they won’t put it on modern systems too. Maybe a surprise drop when the GBA version comes out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

Awesome. The gimmick looks cool too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I "Shan't Play" this gay old game. :D

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-10-pikmin-4-part-1/

https://twitter.com/SuperBentendo/status/1681333048351006720?t=s5xpkvS9lvaB6jOQhKpH1g&s=19

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol