Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

so it's a cut and it's a tower and it's a wheel and it's a circle and it's a bunch of universes coming out of a center and it's an eye and it's an I

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

ITS NOT WHEEL SHAPED DAD, NOT WHEEL SHAPED AT ALL

IT'S ROUNDER THANK YOU THINK!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assume this page will be a pop-up in the print edition.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MikeJF posted:

I assume this page will be a pop-up in the print edition.

Somehow they fit 777,777 colored wires in the book that pop out and destroy your mind.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Jadis should have at least given Allison some breakfast before throwing her into an incomprehensible infinite nightmare.

It's a little bit rude you know!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

JuniperCake posted:

Jadis should have at least given Allison some breakfast before throwing her into an incomprehensible infinite nightmare.

There was never a breakfast to be had. This was inevitable. The offer was a mere courtesy.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mr. Lobe posted:

There was never a breakfast to be had. This was inevitable. The offer was a mere courtesy.

Cosmic eggs on toast

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
i was expecting to be impressed, but this is on another level. holy poo poo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
would like to know the details behind setting up this page because it must have been a colossal pain in the rear end, especially if it's going to stay this way without messing up the rest of the site

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The normal comic image containing Allison has a transparent background and the site template has been modified to have the wheel background.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Oxxidation posted:

would like to know the details behind setting up this page because it must have been a colossal pain in the rear end, especially if it's going to stay this way without messing up the rest of the site

Css in a background image, transparent png with Allison on it as actual comic page

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

The normal comic image containing Allison has a transparent background and the site template has been modified to have the wheel background.

i figured that much, but can the template be changed for different pages on the site? right now it's persistent across all pages which probably isn't intentional/permanent

bear in mind i know next to nothing about web design

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
You just set this one page to override the default background. It's not super hard but you do have to know a bit of css.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Depends on the comic framework he uses but it wouldn't surprise me for it to have the ability to give individual pages specific custom CSS rules associated with them. As long as the framework doesn't try to do any nannying and wrap the rules to stop them escaping the comic display element, it'll be trivial to override the body element background.

Oxxidation posted:

right now it's persistent across all pages which probably isn't intentional/permanent

He said over on Discord that it's intentionally on all the pages right now but after next update it'll be restricted to just this one page.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 15, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yawn. so pointless and predictable, we've learned nothing we don't already know! i'll make sure to excise this page along with this whole chapter intro of jadis' trite musings in my far superior fan edit of the comic, for pacing purposes.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

yawn. so pointless and predictable, we've learned nothing we don't already know! i'll make sure to excise this page along with this whole chapter intro of jadis' trite musings in my far superior fan edit of the comic, for pacing purposes.

yeah like bro can we just move past this already?? i'm too smart for all of this.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

JuniperCake posted:

Once you glimpse infinity, you will experience all breakfasts everywhere that ever happened, are happening, or will happen in the future.

Go in with an empty stomach, come out with insane indigestion.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MikeJF posted:

He said over on Discord that it's intentionally on all the pages right now but after next update it'll be restricted to just this one page.

So she's seeing every page of the comic at once lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

put the spread on the inside of the book jacket/cover when it comes time to print that baby

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

My god, it's nothing but net

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Phy posted:

Always has been

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

girl dick energy posted:

Always has been

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

girl dick energy posted:

Always has been

And always will be

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
nvm

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Phy posted:

YISUN nods, "When you shoot from a certain angle"

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
reminds me of the cool medium bending poo poo homestuck used to do

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Alison: ... That's it?! I thought it'd be bigger!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Alison: ... That's it?! I thought it'd be bigger!
The KSBD 1-4 panel that could've been...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Where is this from?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The visual effect is from 2001: a space odyssey, that cat (unless I'm deeply mistaken) it Refurb, a known gooncat.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Much appreciated, it's been ages since I watched the movie and the cat was throwing me off.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I love poo poo like this in webcomics. Like, having the story bust into the site css, or portraying time fuckery by going back and changing around the archives (the webcomic A Better Place did this, too). This is the kind of stuff that establishes webcomics as a *distinct* artform that does stuff other media can't.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Starslip Crisis when they blew up the universe and the site components and back/forward etc buttons all got blown away and shattered as well.

Sadly I think that got eaten when he ported the comic to a new site.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
I couldn't see the whole wheel, so I just found the background image for all the people with too wide monitors:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Allison Everywhere

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

Someone needs to get up and flip JWST back upright

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

studio mujahideen posted:

Allison Everywhere

Allison Everywhere, All at Once

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She's hit Warp 10. She'll evolve into a lizard next.