Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

goons: *looks down at fat gut, compares it to picture of ben who is at an extreme* "heh what a fatso"

I don't even have to look down :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! Listen to Twerk17 compare the Eve and ED communities to Star Citizen's community. It starts around 1:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSiIanjC6GM

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! Listen to Twerk17 compare the Eve and ED communities to Star Citizen's community. It starts around 1:12

How the gently caress do these gently caress wits manage to talk for 90 loving min?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D_Smart posted:

"It's because we don't have a game."

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

DREAMS! Dreams! dreamsdreamsdreams DREAMS!

MarcusSA posted:

How the gently caress do these gently caress wits manage to talk for 90 loving min?

dreamsdreams, dreams DREAMS! DREAMS DREAMS!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hav posted:

DREAMS! Dreams! dreamsdreamsdreams DREAMS!

Holy poo poo I was just going to post this.

What the gently caress are these guys on?

"We've got a lot of stuff already!"

what the gently caress....

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Galarox posted:

The Venn-Pie chart of Citizens...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

What the gently caress are these guys on?

Fidelity. You could have the company come out and simply announce things, but in this high fidelity model, you get your news by asking people next to you to speculate on what a third party is doing.

It's like birdwatching with a friend.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
If you haven't been keeping up with that OldSchoolCmdr guy (who our friends think I am, even though he's been owning them all week) taking on some of those backer guys, I have compiled his latest. This one stuck out at me. This is part of a response where he was summarizing what I said in my weekend Periscope broadcast. These are the four crucial things I had claimed in my original July 2015 blog, and which some backers keep ignoring and/or denying.

quote:

5) that he was right about a lot of things back in 2015.

(a) the money: they would need $150m. 2 years later they are at $148m and game still not done

(b) the engine: they didn't have the tech or the right engine. 2 years later they switched to LumberYard

(c) refunds: they were not doing no-questions-asked refunds as they should. they started doing it 2 years later after one person tested his theory about the TOS which they later changed to strengthen that aspect

(d) schedule: which they started doing 2 yrs later

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Galarox posted:

The Venn-Pie chart of Citizens...

http://i.imgur.com/DfzyQ2y.gifv

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D_Smart posted:

in my original July 2015 blog

Bingo!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Fatkraken posted:

hey thread. Is Ben still fat?

thanks

Ben is the Japanese definition of "fat American"

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

D_Smart posted:

If you haven't been keeping up with that OldSchoolCmdr guy (who our friends think I am, even though he's been owning them all week)

epic self own

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Let's save this theory-crafting compilation for the 3.0 "planets". We'll need it later for the epic lols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS7WbdHDukw

Wait till these guys find out that they're getting a moon/asteroid object (like bases) in the same scene - with no atmosphere or "seamless" transition.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

D_Smart posted:

If you haven't been keeping up with that OldSchoolCmdr guy (who our friends think I am, even though he's been owning them all week)

Epic self own Derek

:five:

e: mine has bolding and emoticon!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:

epic self own

How? :negative:

They say he's me. He's been owning them all week to great hilarious effect. To the extent that their entire cubby hole is in disarray. To accept that he's me, would be for them to accept that I'm the one rustling their jimmies.

I'm not him. Anyone who doubts this, is free to take him up on his NYC lunch at Starbucks invite.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

starkebn posted:

Ben is the Japanese definition of "fat American"

They even made a show about it, featuring him

Where can I see this? Asking for a friend.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

cool new Polack jokes posted:

They even made a show about it, featuring him

Where can I see this? Asking for a friend.

It was like a 5 second shot of him through a window while the camera crew was walking around Disneyworld laughing at Americans. Complete without breakout boxes of Japanese celebrity women reaction shot I think.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I'm not him. Anyone who doubts this, is free to take him up on his NYC lunch at Starbucks invite.

It just so happens I will be in NYC next week... but the last thing I want is to let anything even remotely connected to the madness that is Crobert's scam get anywhere near me in real life. It's all fun and not-games as long as it is on the other side of a flatscreen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hopper posted:

It just so happens I will be in NYC next week... but the last thing I want is to let anything even remotely connected to the madness that is Crobert's scam get anywhere near me in real life. It's all fun and not-games as long as it is on the other side of a flatscreen.

:grin: I feel you, man.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have misgivings about meeting other Goons, let alone Star Citizens :v:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I have misgivings about meeting other Goons, let alone Star Citizens people :v:

It's ok Goon friend. We stand with you

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I had a :reddit:or claim he was a USMC and didn't know what an ejection port was on an AR. :shrug:

lol. i guess he skipped basic rifle training.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I have misgivings about meeting other Goons, let alone Star Citizens :v:

He's not a Star Citizen though. I dodged that bullet. :grin:

He's been owning those rear end-clowns all week. He posted a thread asking for some answers. And of course they do what they always do: attack n00bs. This one wasn't a pushover. Then they made the mistake of dragging me into a Star Citizen discussion even though I have NOTHING to do with the game's success or failure.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

He's not a Star Citizen though. I dodged that bullet. :grin:

He's been owning those rear end-clowns all week. He posted a thread asking for some answers. And of course they do what they always do: attack n00bs. This one wasn't a pushover. Then they made the mistake of dragging me into a Star Citizen discussion even though I have NOTHING to do with the game's success or failure.

It takes me 10 minutes to send a 5 line professional email to make sure I didn't screw anything up. How this cat has the time to write and research these post novels is beyond me.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DarkRefreshment posted:

It takes me 10 minutes to send a 5 line professional email to make sure I didn't screw anything up. How this cat has the time to write and research these post novels is beyond me.

Well, remember Gorf? Yeah. It's about how the brain flows.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

If OldSchoolCmdr were Derek, then why is he just now owning shitizens in long form? Derek would have no reason to do so under an alias. He would be proud to do it under his own name. OSC is also more laborious than even Derek. That's one of the reasons I hope he never starts posting here.

OSC's stuff is so long form I can't even read it, and I read most of Derek's stuff. OSC is loving nuts.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

If you can't understand how "OSC can't be me because he's actually owning people" isn't a self own that tells us a lot about your critical thinking skills

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
OSC is obviously one of the hivemind elites on this account

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Judas. Didn't the US gently caress them up enough with a couple atomic bombs? No need to drop 3.0 on their laps as well.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

OSC is braben pass it on

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm Smarticus.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

TheAgent posted:

OSC is obviously one of the hivemind autistic elites on this account

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Slow news day for SC so any of your guys see this?

https://www.scmagazineuk.com/invasive-apps-track-you-with-ultrasonic-sounds-via-your-mobile-microphone/article/655143/

My Alexa randomly came on and dinged the other night during a commercial when no one was saying anything to her. Made me do some digging. Not saying it's related but this is some sneaky bullshit.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Well, remember Gorf? Yeah. It's about how the brain flows.

It doesn't flow, you really have to mash it down to get it through the disposal.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

If OldSchoolCmdr were Derek, then why is he just now owning shitizens in long form? Derek would have no reason to do so under an alias. He would be proud to do it under his own name. OSC is also more laborious than even Derek. That's one of the reasons I hope he never starts posting here.

OSC's stuff is so long form I can't even read it, and I read most of Derek's stuff. OSC is loving nuts.

:perfect:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Speaking of which, his latest just went live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68neg4/potential_backer_with_questions/dhcpbbf/

starkebn posted:

If you can't understand how "OSC can't be me because he's actually owning people" isn't a self own that tells us a lot about your critical thinking skills

Actually, you got that backwards due to critical thinking. XK just made the point. Read it.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 10, 2017

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

alf_pogs posted:

OSC is braben pass it on

I seriously thought the same thing. But none of his spelling indicates a Brit.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

DarkRefreshment posted:

Slow news day for SC so any of your guys see this?

https://www.scmagazineuk.com/invasive-apps-track-you-with-ultrasonic-sounds-via-your-mobile-microphone/article/655143/

My Alexa randomly came on and dinged the other night during a commercial when no one was saying anything to her. Made me do some digging. Not saying it's related but this is some sneaky bullshit.

I'll tell you what has freaked me out.

I signed up to Linked In a few weeks ago. I used a completely fake name I've never used anywhere before, because I only signed up to message someone.

Linked In has sent me messages asking me if I know people, with 5 listed. One is my mom's best friend. One is my best friend. One is a psychiatrist who did an evaluation on me years ago, that I met once and never had any communication with outside of the one single professional meeting. One is a plumber I hired 10 years ago, who I also never had any communication with outside of him snaking my drain line. The last one is an elementary school classmate I haven't thought of in over 25 years.

It seriously has me weirded out. I use made up names on every service, don't have any social media presence, and they connected a doctor to me. What the gently caress is that about? Facebook has similarly concerned me, but not to the extent of outing my doctors. It's some black magic poo poo.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Actually, you got that backwards due to critical thinking. XK just made the point. Read it.

the point has got nothing to do with people thinking you're OSC, you're still missing what i said because you refuse to critically think about what I said, you'd rather filter it through what you've been writing since the July blog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

I'll tell you what has freaked me out.

I signed up to Linked In a few weeks ago. I used a completely fake name I've never used anywhere before, because I only signed up to message someone.

Linked In has sent me messages asking me if I know people, with 5 listed. One is my mom's best friend. One is my best friend. One is a psychiatrist who did an evaluation on me years ago, that I met once and never had any communication with outside of the one single professional meeting. One is a plumber I hired 10 years ago, who I also never had any communication with outside of him snaking my drain line. The last one is an elementary school classmate I haven't thought of in over 25 years.

It seriously has me weirded out. I use made up names on every service, don't have any social media presence, and they connected a doctor to me. What the gently caress is that about? Facebook has similarly concerned me, but not to the extent of outing my doctors. It's some black magic poo poo.

Great Scott, are you Kevin Bacon?