Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Are these quotes from her latest book? This person wants to run for President again?! As a Democrat?! :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Places where they monitor web traffic and deport you and also VPNs are illegal

It's that big space east of Poland

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Where ya goin slavatuvs

university exchange in saint petersburg afaik

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rear end struggle posted:

Okay goodbye for 2 months dadchat

Don't improve the thread while I'm gone

you can gmail my old forums name if you have some questions some time, ive got acquaintances there i can ask things if need be

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also good luck, you'll really need it if im even halfway right about you irl

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Are you going to live like a king by flashing US $5 bills?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Are you going to live like a king by flashing US $5 bills?

average neto salary is roughly 10k so not really, but close

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are these quotes from her latest book? This person wants to run for President again?! As a Democrat?! :psyboom:

no this was from a book she wrote from 1996

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

no this was from a book she wrote from 1996

why, again, did everyone wake up to an ancient book of hers? what next, hippie usenet chat logs?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

To be fair she hasn't said anything about running again she just hasn't straight up said she's done with trying to run for president.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

why, again, did everyone wake up to an ancient book of hers? what next, hippie usenet chat logs?

That's also weird

nobody reads politician books but if there was any moment for it it was about a year ago

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

the paradigm shift posted:

To be fair she hasn't said anything about running again she just hasn't straight up said she's done with trying to run for president.

There was that, what was it, the Atlantic? article that came out a few weeks ago interviewing her and what was interesting to me was that she seemed rather easygoing and candid for someone who has a reputation for being kinda stilted politically

I'm kinda more worried about Biden running lol. don't you loving do it Joe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lmao i got stuck on fire escape behind our legal and they were spiralling damage claims against cafe kitchen staff that caused the fake fire alarm

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also good luck, you'll really need it if im even halfway right about you irl
Fek u

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/872103043818455040

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Okay goodbye for 2 months dadchat

Don't improve the thread while I'm gone

*puts down bankers box with on the side sharpie'd PLANS*

fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

One senior law enforcement official familiar with the matter said that Comey specifically sought legal advice from Baker about when and how to tell the DOJ about Trump pressing Comey to shut down the Russia probe. The same official said that Comey and Baker had more than one discussion about the matter, and that Baker almost certainly made extensive notes about those deliberations.

Both Comey and Baker sought the advice of Rybicki and McCabe as to whether to inform the Justice Department of Trump’s pressure of Comey to shut down the Russia probe, according to this same official. All four of them had reservations about doing so because they did not fully trust Attorney General Jeff Sessions — and because the events were unprecedented in their experience.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ziadramley/status/872488469313892353

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Can you get me the stock market part of the newspaper on your visit to 2018 England?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Berke Negri posted:

*puts down bankers box with on the side sharpie'd PLANS*

fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/ShawsTavern/status/872166461384650755

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
we often forget how truly dire the 70s were

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's got to be tough to drum up new bar business on weekday mornings.

If you ever want to be depressed, go to a divey bar open on a weekday morning, it's the loneliest group of unemployed definitely-alcoholics and night-shift probably-alcoholics you'll find.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
seems like the hardest part would be finding a bartender who medically qualifies as being alive that early

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lmao i got stuck on fire escape behind our legal and they were spiralling damage claims against cafe kitchen staff that caused the fake fire alarm

thankfully you didn't freeze to death in latvia's brutally cold summers while stuck

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

you can't look down your nose at this, you once insisted all rice is flavorless

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Muppets On PCP posted:

seems like the hardest part would be finding a bartender who medically qualifies as being alive that early
yeah, I'm not sure if that's the new guy shift or the guy who owns the place shift.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

thankfully you didn't freeze to death in latvia's brutally cold summers while stuck

it was pretty hot today 65 with gusts of wind and rain

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

you can't look down your nose at this, you once insisted all rice is flavorless
yes, im still pretty drat sure i cant taste any meaningful flavour in plain rice

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

not that it matters in this monument of composition

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

lol how the gently caress did this happen

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I grew up in Colorado and while it came up fairly often with older people it never made sense to me, either. Not sure that "legal" part was true in real life, though, I think it was just a regional business.

The Coors family also was (and may still be, not sure) kind of a proto-Koch brothers outfit in funding lovely rightwing policy.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i just watched this on the big screen thanks to tcm

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Aves Maria! posted:

lol how the gently caress did this happen

prohibition ruined the drinking experience for generations of americans

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

prohibition ruined the drinking experience for generations of americans

what was the modern day party equivalent allegiance of the prohibition legislators and president etc?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what was the modern day party equivalent allegiance of the prohibition legislators and president etc?

it doesn't have any real sort of equivalency because it had two main motivating factors, the first being religiosity that saw alcohol as a moral vice, and the second being social progressiveness concerning alcohol fueling domestic abuse, ill health and poverty among the lower classes, with a lot of overlap between the two. it was often common to see these two viewpoints shared by one person early on in the 20th century, but in the latter half of the century the evangelicals took a hard turn rightwards and now one party is the religious party and the other is the party of social progress

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
and just as a tidbit for randler, the supporters of prohibition tended to be protestant anglos and the critics to be catholic germans

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/USEmbassySyria/status/872556088654266368

*sips fruit punch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Rice has a flavor.

• Locked thread