Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When are they going to get around to updating the bible to include likes and shares?! The New Kings Bae version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Wedge Regret
And Jesus said to the Lepers "Would love to help you but you have no social media presence"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
burn down youtube

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
"youtube comments are horrible" have been an internet truth for so long, but I guess now instead of "stupid and full of typos" it's "bigoted and full of typos"

Also,
>using arrows to start a sentence
>outside of chans
>not as a quote
I hate them so much

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The famous white people invention, the sofa.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What show is it about anyway?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus hates people with brain cancer after mccain saved obamacare

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
The thing that bothers me most abut the "I have cancer/down syndrome/AIDS/no legs/a horrible skin condition and nobody thinks I'm beautiful / wished me happy birthday / wants to be around me / prays for me" is that every time you type "Amen" or hit like, then your name is recorded and used for advertising purposes.

It's literally making money off of the falsified misfortunes of others. Find a pic of a crippled baby and then use it to build up that spam list.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

The word Bae is close to sounding like the word for poop in Danish. It's spelt "bæ" and apparently it is hip and cool now for non Norwegians/Danes to use æ as an abbreviation of ae. it looks incredibly lame to me and makes me weirdly aware that æø&å are weird moon letters to the rest of the world.

It's like that with Greek too, but to a lesser extent. w and ω aren't the same, and neither are n and η, for some examples.

It's less "accidental poop" and more gibberish, but it's still a minor bug to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sarcopenia posted:

The word Bae is close to sounding like the word for poop in Danish. It's spelt "bæ" and apparently it is hip and cool now for non Norwegians/Danes to use æ as an abbreviation of ae. it looks incredibly lame to me and makes me weirdly aware that æø&å are weird moon letters to the rest of the world.

Is the ampersand not common for everyone?

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

Show them this to explain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw

In related news, I can never visit America because my first name is pronounced basically exactly the same as "coon" :negative:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

He mæbe using it as an ampersand, as in æ, ø, and å.

I'm not sure, though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Serperoth posted:

It's like that with Greek too, but to a lesser extent. w and ω aren't the same, and neither are n and η, for some examples.

It's less "accidental poop" and more gibberish, but it's still a minor bug to me.

English speakers pronouncing non-English letters as if they were just funny shaped versions of their own letters is one of my pet peeves for sure :rip:

See also: Cyrillic

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

cgfreak posted:

In related news, I can never visit America because my first name is pronounced basically exactly the same as "coon" :negative:

Goddamnit I had forgotten about that song and now it will be my brain background music for months. :mad:

Norwegians also pronounces æ differently.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Your Computer posted:

English speakers pronouncing non-English letters as if they were just funny shaped versions of their own letters is one of my pet peeves for sure :rip:

Yeah, the past several months of Trump/Russia political cartoons have been rife with "eh, this letter looks kinda like this one."

It's always funny when someone who can actually read the alphabet spells it out phonetically in English.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, the past several months of Trump/Russia political cartoons have been rife with "eh, this letter looks kinda like this one."

It's always funny when someone who can actually read the alphabet spells it out phonetically in English.
"Actually, that says ya-ussia! :haw:" gets real old real fast imo

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

OK that's pretty fukken funny

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Dunno know about you guys but I love taking holidays to Poccnr.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: if you identify as a goon.

I joined the SA Goons group on steam like four years ago and that's how they knew, lol

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sue is ruthless

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Our native language and plenty of others have standard latin characters that sound nothing like they do in English and it's pretty funny watching people guess how something like aoibhinn is pronounced.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

HAT FETISH posted:

"Actually, that says ya-ussia! :haw:" gets real old real fast imo

Oh yeah, I think even that one specifically is lame/dumb doesn't need calling out, but more when it's entire sentences/titles spelled out to say "Ksdfhshhfhh yashhskfhzud"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

EmmyOk posted:

Our native language and plenty of others have standard latin characters that sound nothing like they do in English and it's pretty funny watching people guess how something like aoibhinn is pronounced.

"Evan"?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eohlQaquu8I
Is this right?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
More Reddit messages:

I don't know what to do other than to just block them. If they listened to any reason whatsoever they wouldn't think the loving earth was flat. Why would they listen to me.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Aug 7, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It depends where you're from but yeah that's right, some times "eeveen".

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Now I'm hungry for shrimp.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Aoibehann flu.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

cgfreak posted:

As racial slurs go, that one is pretty context dependent. But you could always just call yourself The Racoon instead.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Rolo posted:

More Reddit messages:

I don't know what to do other than to just block them. If they listened to any reason whatsoever they wouldn't think the loving earth was flat. Why would they listen to me.

The other day I had an extended semi-argument with a friend of mine while very high and watching Camp Camp about why the earth is not actually flat, Jared, no, that's loving retarded, yes I know you know it's loving retarded, so stop with the BUT WHAT IF, idc how high you are

He's a conspiracy theorist in the "well wouldn't it be awesome if the earth actually was hollow and that's where Hell was" sort of way, that is to say, someone with too many drugs and too much free time. If pressed he will eventually admit he doesn't actually believe the particularly stupid stuff, he just likes thinking about it.

If dude is serious :sever: because you don't need that kind of negativity

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Now I'm hungry for shrimp.

That is my favorite SA saga of all time.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

cgfreak posted:

Just use a fake name or something. Like Johnny. It sounds American enough to pass - that's a proud tradition over there!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

cgfreak posted:

You shouldn't worry about that, really. Look how far this guy made with his name

https://chriscoons.com/

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
The other day I remembered reading someone online saying that Africans didn't bring anything to the world so I looked it up and the first evidence of mathematics and mining were both in sub-Saharan Africa. Meanwhile white people invented couches. Nice job guys.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

The other day I remembered reading someone online saying that Africans didn't bring anything to the world so I looked it up and the first evidence of mathematics and mining were both in sub-Saharan Africa. Meanwhile white people invented couches. Nice job guys.

Man, it's almost like racists are full of poo poo and know nothing. I'm shocked.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/893975691967868928

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

trickybiscuits posted:

I've met people who honestly believe Africans (you know, the entire continent) sat around in mud huts until white people came along. I don't know about other countries, but world history is poo poo in American schools. You might learn about European wars and stuff like the Silk Road, but African history centers around the slave trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
Here I thought the Sleeping Giants twitter accounts simply let companies know that they are advertising on hate sites. But it turns out Sleeping Giants are actually violent fascists!

https://twitter.com/canadianpm_jt/status/894051217676136448