Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

rodbeard posted:

As a late comer to the game it's really frustrating learning the mechanics of all the different game modes. There's pretty much no in game documentation of anything and half the poo poo I Google ends up being based on what the game was at launch.

It’s real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I've had a grand total of one Corrupted strike where pubbies knew to toss the relic to another player before breaking shields. I don't think it tells you at any point that doing this grants a damage bonus but still :argh:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

They could even put tips in during the 4 minute loading screens!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

After playing a comp game two dudes on my team invited me and are welfare carrying me to luna. Up to 1900 now.

I got a better devils with rangefinder and opening shot. This is the best possible pvp roll correct?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Menstrual Show posted:

They could even put tips in during the 4 minute loading screens!

And distract from my ship never ever looking like it does in the menu because of planetary color and lighting???

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I keep getting sick smuggler’s word rolls. Opening shot, quick draw, ricochet, and a range masterwork; or full auto, zen moment, extended mag with a reload masterwork

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Full auto//Kill Clip smuggler’s word is powerfully good and surprising in PvP

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

kecske posted:

I've had a grand total of one Corrupted strike where pubbies knew to toss the relic to another player before breaking shields. I don't think it tells you at any point that doing this grants a damage bonus but still :argh:

The very first time you do it, there's a tooltip that tells you that passing increases the damage.
After that though, nothing in game tells you.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I recommend putting as much range as possible on you Chattering Bone. Helps the hit reg out a lot.

The one i have has Corkscrew, Opening Shot, Headseeker, High Cal and Range MW.

I like it even more than the curated roll for PvP.

The extra agility from lightweight and the high handling make it feel snappy as gently caress. Love that gun.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I still need chattering bone. Thing looks good, which is true endgame.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Full auto//Kill Clip smuggler’s word is powerfully good and surprising in PvP

Full auto and tap the trigger is real good in pve.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I've got one with tap the trigger and moving target and it shreds. I feel like the CB mod I threw in is superfluous but I murder dudes with this comically tiny gun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

:thunk:

https://i.imgur.com/roBREmz.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Yeah, I've had a weird orb barf happen before

https://i.imgur.com/GGNzarK.gifv

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I can't wait for my first post 2.0.5 exotic engram to pop out a dupe :bungie:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Get out

And stay out

He stopped invading after that.

Pre-buff Malfeasance is good

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

They're really trying to give the title away, huh?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

Malfeasance boss gonna spawn as often as the other bosses, and 3x Infamy coming...

Where did it say as often? I read "more often"

I mean, they can try to make it easier but there's a ton of actual poo poo to still do if you get the spawn>kill>drop

All I know is I have two loadouts now, for gambit and general/gambit purposes. The pure gambit one has me pretty pretty space barbieing everything to be as taken influenced as gently caress. That part of the game is always good.

E: I'm close to getting the title, I just need to actually focus on a step or two. The lore entry you get for malfeasance between drifter and renegade is loving awesome. I can't wait to find out the rest and whatever comes in Joker's Wild

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 29, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

cvnvcnv posted:

Malfeasance boss gonna spawn as often as the other bosses, and 3x Infamy coming...

I thought the bonus to spawn rate was only one of every 3 weeks during the super-corrupted dreaming city cycle, and even then just a bonus and not "as often as other bosses" -- did I miss an update post?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I mean, I know the grind for the title, I've been Dredgen for a cup of coffee now, but those two things, boss spawn buff and 3x, are huge to cutting off massive chunks of time to it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Eh, that doesn't seem bad to me, honestly. The hordes of thumbless pubbies aren't going to get the weapon without actually working for it and getting good. The ones who don't suck poo poo have a good chance of the quest drop and will earn the thing. It'll still be a grind for the weapon, and some of the title requirements will still be out of reach for the vast majority.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I cleared Last Wish and got a Wings of Sacred Dawn from the Deal or No Deal room

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the joke is people still use ward of dawn

https://i.imgur.com/Ih9IA4f.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I played a game today, saw a teammate drop a ward on B. Called him an idiot in my head. Then a bit later I saw someone on the opposing team drop one. I ended up in a game full of idiots.

I posted a 6.0 efficiency. :downs:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I cleared Last Wish and got a Wings of Sacred Dawn from the Deal or No Deal room

The game always fucks with you on your first clear

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I’m working the Mars exotic missions and I’m at the point where I need to open 15 sleeper nodes. This seems really tedious. Is the quickest way just to do patrols to get the drops I need?

It also blows that I can do all 7 levels of Escalation Protocol and still be unable to open the chest because I don’t have whatever macguffin is necessary. I assumed one of the keys would eventually be loot of EP, but no dice. How do I score one of those?

Edit: The final level of Escalation Protocol is one of the most balls to the wall insane events I’ve ever seen. 6 guardians, all just making GBS threads orbs everywhere, super after super flying, things exploding. I loved it.

Lucas Archer fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 29, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lucas Archer posted:

It also blows that I can do all 7 levels of Escalation Protocol and still be unable to open the chest because I don’t have whatever macguffin is necessary. I assumed one of the keys would eventually be loot of EP, but no dice. How do I score one of those?

You probably have some Rasputin key fragments in your inventory, which drop from strikes and heroic missions on mars. Bring 7 to Ana to get a key and then beat 7 waves of EP to unlock the key.

Before you start grinding away just know that this only gets you armor, the weapons are just random drops from the boss that anyone can get

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Lucas Archer posted:

I’m working the Mars exotic missions and I’m at the point where I need to open 15 sleeper nodes. This seems really tedious. Is the quickest way just to do patrols to get the drops I need?

Edit: The final level of Escalation Protocol is one of the most balls to the wall insane events I’ve ever seen. 6 guardians, all just making GBS threads orbs everywhere, super after super flying, things exploding. I loved it.

1) I stacked patrols (kill and drop ones only) with lost sectors when I did it. Took a few painful hours.

2) the chest is just lovely y1 armor. Unless you care about the wayfarer title it's pointless. Wraps are always just engram drops off the boss.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/BVMQWLF.gifv

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I got two exotics in one gambit game shinobus vow and lucky pants

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rubellavator posted:

I got two exotics in one gambit game shinobus vow and lucky pants

You didn't go darkness enough friendo

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

this gun.......its good

https://i.imgur.com/SPxBLQp.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/uwKmlFd.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/qGZvFkp.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/fG5Vhjw.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/6R2dvXi.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/BXlFxEH.gifv

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 29, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Ashen Wake actually owns

https://i.imgur.com/XJoHpJg.gifv

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
I'm ashamed to admit that I check the destiny thread on reddit every day, mostly to see what the nerds have figured out.

But loving hell, the suggestions they make are just the most stupid, game running suggestions possible. And Bungie loving listens to them. No community can ruin something as quickly as reddit can. What a garbage webpage.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its insanely hilarious how posting an idea and it getting to the front of the destiny reddit gives you a 50/50 chance of it being implemented

they have no internal vision for the game at all. just look at launch destiny 2, take everythign you learned from d1 and what made it good and just throw it away

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The real :ughh: is that Bungie has hired several people from their posts on that subreddit. The stupid is coming from inside the house.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hippieman posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I check the destiny thread on reddit every day, mostly to see what the nerds have figured out.

But loving hell, the suggestions they make are just the most stupid, game running suggestions possible. And Bungie loving listens to them. No community can ruin something as quickly as reddit can. What a garbage webpage.

Ask any random person how to "Fix Gambit" if you want to really explore the endless bad ideas the player base has to offer.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

gambit is “Fine” but I do think the boss shouldn’t be able to be melted in 2.6 seconds with ikelos

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ask any random person how to "Fix Gambit" if you want to really explore the endless bad ideas the player base has to offer.

Defenders get a heavy pike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

its insanely hilarious how posting an idea and it getting to the front of the destiny reddit gives you a 50/50 chance of it being implemented

they have no internal vision for the game at all. just look at launch destiny 2, take everythign you learned from d1 and what made it good and just throw it away

It makes me think (with zero evidence, this is just arm-chair game dev) they chased analytics and formed extremely bad/lovely conclusions.