Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alcoholiday
Apr 25, 2008
This one is pretty pathetic, because I have so much information, but can't find the song with Google searches. I guess it's fairly rare.

I'm pretty sure the title is a girl's name, something like "Candy," but I obviously can't remember the artist. I guess it's from the late 70s or early 80s.

Chorus lyrics: "And she cries with me (BGVs: why won't anybody love me)"

Bridge lyrics: "She's read her magazine from cover to cover"

Again, Google turns up nothing, but I'm pretty sure those lyrics are exact.

alcoholiday fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

I was at a show a year or two ago and there was sort of a lo-fi playlist on as the bands were setting up. I heard some sort of start/stop spoken word piece that I liked that I seem to remember repeating the phrase "it's the ice age, baby, deal with it." Ring any bells for anyone?

cmon don't any of you diy cassette culture kids read this thread

The Viper
Oct 4, 2009

Cavenagh posted:

First thing that comes to mind is Transvision Vamp and Baby, I Don't Care from 1989.

Oh my god I loving love you, thats been annoying me for ever. I had a teacher when I was about 11, and I complained to him about something like the smell in the classroom or some poo poo. The next day he came in with a cd player and blasted that song at me in front of the whole class.

In hindsight he was a legend.

KaosPV
Sep 25, 2007
Mediterranean schizo
Need your help here goons,

First song I've been trying to find out for ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FK7vA1kgSs

The second one is from a CSI: Miami episode. If I recall correctly, it was playing at the intro, which was a meeting of some kind of south american drug cartel at a mansion. It was a hip-hop song.

Ring any bells?

Thanks in advance.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
I've been looking for the name of this song forever. Nothing has come up on google and it's driving me crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOFV1tXe9Ug - The first song

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5vGrFFHBww#t=1m35s - 2nd song that comes up at 1:35

might be a long shot but maybe someone knows

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 19, 2010

Alvination
Aug 12, 2005

"Let me ask you something: what do women want?"

"Who cares?"
Vague as hell but...So I'm having one of those questions that are stuck in my head until I get the answer for it.

Trying to find out the song to a 1990s pop hit. I believe it's a one hit wonder. All I remember is that the video featured a group of Latinos and it looked like they were in Miami since for some reason it reminded me of CSI:Miami. I'm guessing 92-95ish? They're just dancing and singing, maybe playing guitars in their car...I think it has a guitar solo in the middle, flamenco sounding. That's all I've got and I know if I get the answer I'll just wonder why I even bothered in the first place.

edit: Amazing how I always find the answers to my postings immediately after. It was "Where Do You Go" by No Mercy. Oh 90s.

Alvination fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 19, 2010

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBZKetbRoA&feature=player_embedded

Anyone know what the first song is?
Apparently it's either massive attack, prodigy or mirwais.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

a pwn cocktail posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBZKetbRoA&feature=player_embedded

Anyone know what the first song is?
Apparently it's either massive attack, prodigy or mirwais.

Mirwais - Disco Science

Penguins Like Pies
May 21, 2007
Let's hope someone figures this out before I head off to my trip. It's like a hip hop/dance mix. Has an anthem-esque background.

Lyrics I can remember: Hands up! Drinks up!
Fellas we're about to started. Ladies if you feel like acting naughty.
We're gonna burn this motherfucker down.

I know, not the best taste in music.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

what's the synthesizer sample at the beginning of quasimoto's don't blink? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pcFXzG141o

it's killing me because i feel like i've heard it sometime in the past few weeks

Liquid Engineer
Feb 25, 2008

Liquid Engineer posted:

I've been racking my brain the last few days trying to figure out some information about a song i know nothing about. It's played once in a while on my area's classic rock station, it consists of a happy, up-tempo acoustic guitar line that sounds vaguely Paul Simon-esque, and the singer sounds like it may be Stevie Nicks or Tracy Chapman. There's not many lyrics to the song, and the only line i can remember is "and then i woke up". Can anyone help me?

does this sound familiar to anyone?

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010
There's a classic rock song with a piano part that plays this one ascending line. The piano line sounds kind of like something out of a music box, I guess, then it turns into the chorus, which is rock. I think it sounds a bit Rolling Stones-ish, with a male vocalist. The only lyrics I can recall are "dressed in black" at the end of the piano lines as the rock part begins. It's 60s/70s... any help?

e; Piano line goes B C# D E F# A G#.

Tshirt Ninja fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 23, 2010

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Tshirt Ninja posted:

There's a classic rock song with a piano part that plays this one ascending line. The piano line sounds kind of like something out of a music box, I guess, then it turns into the chorus, which is rock. I think it sounds a bit Rolling Stones-ish, with a male vocalist. The only lyrics I can recall are "dressed in black" at the end of the piano lines as the rock part begins. It's 60s/70s... any help?

e; Piano line goes B C# D E F# A G#.

The Rolling Stones - She's A Rainbow

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

Thank you!

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

Glass Joe posted:

Request from a friend:

This song was played on the muzak station at a Forever21 store. It is "a new song". It is uptempo, and sung by a female lyricist. It is "a fusion of modern dance music and old school disco". It has the lyric "disco" in it.

It's apparently not Shiny Toy Guns' "Le Disko".

Any ideas? If I can find it before she does I will be the awesomest friend ever.

I don't know what gave me this idea, but for some reason I'm feeling The Ting Tings here.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Haha this thread rules and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Ok so, my friend is looking for a song, an electronica song prolly late 90's or early 2000's that has a horn and it goes "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo do doo doo doo do doo doo doo doo"

The horn sounds like a "doo" sound and it was very popular.

I know this is a little vague but at least it was popular so its worth a shot!

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I heard a John Lennon song yesterday that sounded a lot like "Imagine" but it wasn't. Like he ripped himself off. Anyone?

Jealous Guy perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

somnambulist posted:

Haha this thread rules and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Ok so, my friend is looking for a song, an electronica song prolly late 90's or early 2000's that has a horn and it goes "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo do doo doo doo do doo doo doo doo"

The horn sounds like a "doo" sound and it was very popular.

I know this is a little vague but at least it was popular so its worth a shot!

DJ Jean - The Launch would be my first guess but if that's not it, it might help if you could record yourself playing/humming the melody or something cause there are a lot of dance songs with 'doo doo doo doo' horn / trumpet sounds in them such as pretty much the entire genre of UK Hard House

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

etard knievel posted:

DJ Jean - The Launch would be my first guess but if that's not it, it might help if you could record yourself playing/humming the melody or something cause there are a lot of dance songs with 'doo doo doo doo' horn / trumpet sounds in them such as pretty much the entire genre of UK Hard House

omg, you're good. I finally found it!!! Ahhhhvierwhboihboriwhb.

Thank you so much :-p

Amoan
Nov 5, 2009

LIGHTS!:science:
There is a song with a specific lyric in it that I often hear mixed into other tracks. The lyric goes something along the lines of "there may be better artist, better lyricist, I don't know. I can't say that." I've been curious about this for months but this is the first time I've actually attempted to find it.

If it helps I believe it is in the realm of electronic music.

Amoan fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 25, 2010

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Here's a challenge for you.

This is a techno/house song that has an accordion in it. The overall song is pretty crap and forgettable but the accordion makes it a memorable one. It's fairly recent and there's definitely some vocals in it. That is literally all I know.

Thank you.

edit: It's not Samin - Heater or Dj Magoo - House of Justice.
edit2: Oh thank God. It's Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love

Pr0phecy fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 25, 2010

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Jealous Guy perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE

Awesome, thanks.

aude omnia
Nov 14, 2004

I'm trying to find a song in which a guy raps about being "ahead of the tick-tock," but googling that lyric isn't helping- I'm getting all Ke$ha. :( I think it might be a track off a mixtape or something.

EDIT: It's the Troublemaker remix of Matt & Kim's "Daylight." Whew!

aude omnia fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 26, 2010

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZKCAeMQuc

Can someone help me identify who's the pianist at the beginning of this? Thanks.

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

Jinnigan posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZKCAeMQuc

Can someone help me identify who's the pianist at the beginning of this? Thanks.

meryland100 (1 week ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
alguien pregunto antes...el pianista es EL MAEESTRO PABLO ZIEGLER

Dan Quayle Treasure Trail
Dec 28, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

0:43 is this, or at least very close: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiYECUd2ZU

Turned out to be this one actually :) (Wizzard - See my Baby Jive)

Thanks anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8PdHg84zUE

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
I'm trying to figure out this song that's like kind of 90's alterna-pop and it's pretty much this dude singing about "everything will be all right." He also says something like "little bit of take some time" but that doesn't really make any sense, so I don't know if that's what he's actually saying. So the only part that I can actually make out is "everything will be all right" which is pretty much the second most common sentiment in pop music after "I love you."

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Eyeball posted:

I'm trying to figure out this song that's like kind of 90's alterna-pop and it's pretty much this dude singing about "everything will be all right." He also says something like "little bit of take some time" but that doesn't really make any sense, so I don't know if that's what he's actually saying. So the only part that I can actually make out is "everything will be all right" which is pretty much the second most common sentiment in pop music after "I love you."
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
That is it. Thanks.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Just heard a song in a shop, rock song, kind of a pop-punk tinge to the singer (male) with lyrics like "she's afraid of love" "she's afraid of hate", things like that, constantly referring to a "she" trying to hide/escape things like that. Anyone know what it might be?

Potato Sheriff
Aug 7, 2004

I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important - like a league game or something.
I'm having trouble remembering the name of a band, not a song. They were out in the late 90's, and they kind of had a 311-ish sound. Their lead singer was white, and looked like Eminem. There were probably 6 people or so in the band. They spoke kind of fast, but never really rapped, and had an "electronic-reggae" kind of sound in some of their songs.

Their name was two words, and had an X in it I think, like Aphex Twin. The band is not Senate, Sublime, Pax217. I can't think of a single song name or lyric to help out, and Google isn't turning up much for "bands that sound like 311" and the like.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Potato Sheriff posted:

I'm having trouble remembering the name of a band, not a song. They were out in the late 90's, and they kind of had a 311-ish sound. Their lead singer was white, and looked like Eminem. There were probably 6 people or so in the band. They spoke kind of fast, but never really rapped, and had an "electronic-reggae" kind of sound in some of their songs.

Their name was two words, and had an X in it I think, like Aphex Twin. The band is not Senate, Sublime, Pax217. I can't think of a single song name or lyric to help out, and Google isn't turning up much for "bands that sound like 311" and the like.

Fenix TX? Total guess, I don't think it is though.

Potato Sheriff
Aug 7, 2004

I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important - like a league game or something.

HoldYourFire posted:

Fenix TX? Total guess, I don't think it is though.

No, that's not them either. Thanks though. It's also not NOFX. It's bugging me really bad.

Edit:

I've also been trying this website with no luck http://audiomap.tuneglue.net/

Potato Sheriff fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 29, 2010

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Looking for a song that was linked on SA once.

I think the band was "The Who" (it was certainly some band of the 70's) and the lyrics went something like "while you are off to work I'm at your house loving your wife".

Tried looking up through what little I remember about the lyrics but either it's not "The Who" or I got the lyrics all wrong. Shouldn't be too hard because when the song was posted it seemed everybody was familiar with it, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with the period.

Wonko the Sane
Nov 23, 2004

Potato Sheriff posted:

Is it Apex Theory? I only really remember this song, but sounds like what you're looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdokzpHIfQ

Potato Sheriff
Aug 7, 2004

Wonko the Sane posted:

Is it Apex Theory? I only really remember this song, but sounds like what you're looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdokzpHIfQ

That's them, thank you so much!

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

This was posted somewhere on SA within the last year.

Its music video was a guy driving his car with another guy in the back who's talking poo poo to him. He drives to his friends house and picks him up. They drive around for a little bit and the driver gets more and more perturbed by the guy in the back who obviously doesn't exist. He ends up pulling over and gets out of the car and gets into a fight with the imaginary person. His friend gets out of the car and talks him down, gets him back in car in the passenger side. The guy starts driving, looks in the mirror and sees an imaginary dog.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

MeLKoR posted:

Looking for a song that was linked on SA once.

I think the band was "The Who" (it was certainly some band of the 70's) and the lyrics went something like "while you are off to work I'm at your house loving your wife".

Tried looking up through what little I remember about the lyrics but either it's not "The Who" or I got the lyrics all wrong. Shouldn't be too hard because when the song was posted it seemed everybody was familiar with it, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with the period.

Well, The Who had the song-cycle "A Quick One, While He's Away" which deals with a wife fooling around with another man while her husband's away.

Silica quartz sand
Jan 25, 2008
Ok this one is hopefully easy.

It's a heavily auto-tuned song featuring both a male and female singer.
It's probably rnb/rap, and the guy is apparently very sorry for something, claiming that "He didn't mean it" or "meant no harm". The girl then replies that "of course you didn't".

Thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Silica quartz sand posted:

Ok this one is hopefully easy.

It's a heavily auto-tuned song featuring both a male and female singer.
It's probably rnb/rap, and the guy is apparently very sorry for something, claiming that "He didn't mean it" or "meant no harm". The girl then replies that "of course you didn't".

Thanks in advance

Watcha Say - Jason Derulo ?