Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Anyone been listening to the Fear of Tigers guestlist? Pretty great tracks and commentary in between.

http://soundcloud.com/fearoftigers/the-guestlist-with-diamond-cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Dono posted:

Anyone been listening to the Fear of Tigers guestlist? Pretty great tracks and commentary in between.

http://soundcloud.com/fearoftigers/the-guestlist-with-diamond-cut
Nice. Where can I find more track lists like this? The commentary I could do without.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

ClosedBSD posted:

Hey everyone: if you are making electronic music, remember to back up your hard drives:

http://i.imgur.com/0CxHS.png

spent a week pulling my hair out (just the sides though to maintain my 'do)

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
he's lost all of his productions enough times now that he must just be hunting for excuses not to have to release the lovely music he makes

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

If anyone's interested I just saw this get announced, full listing of cities is coming in May.
http://www.idfestival.com/

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
Hey thread I made a mix. Lots of bass and Emerging Genre UK funky artist Lil Silva. Please enjoy/ignore mistakes, it's been a while.

quote:

Nguzunguzu - Mirage (Girl Unit Remix)
Tyler, The Creator - Yonkers (Lil Silva Remix)
CRST - Put A Spell on You
Diamond K & Al Ripken Jr. - Hands in the Air (Bok Bok Remix)
Drop the Lime - Hot as Hell (Canblaster Remix)
Dillon Francis & DJ Ammo - Westside
Sam Tiba - Barbie Weed (Spox Remix)
Crookers & Savage Skullls - Get the gently caress Outta My House
Redlight - Stupid ft. Roses Gabor
L-Vis 1990 - United Groove (MJ Cole Remix)
Jam City - 2 Hot
http://www.mediafire.com/?xvb7lpj60bospok

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Molotov Yogurt posted:

Hey thread I made a mix. Lots of bass and Emerging Genre UK funky artist Lil Silva. Please enjoy/ignore mistakes, it's been a while.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xvb7lpj60bospok

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but when I opened the link and saw it wasn't souncloud I closed it right away. Its free, you should sign up for it!

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
^^^who cares?

ClosedBSD posted:

Hey everyone: if you are making electronic music, remember to back up your hard drives:

http://i.imgur.com/0CxHS.png

Is the name of his new album "Amateur Hour"? Because there's no other way to describe somebody who a) has the only copy of his debut album on the laptop that he carries with him while traveling around the world, and b) regularly has computer problems while playing in front of crowds of thousands of people and doesn't care to fix them.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Vernacular posted:

^^^who cares?

Is the name of his new album "Amateur Hour"? Because there's no other way to describe somebody who a) has the only copy of his debut album on the laptop that he carries with him while traveling around the world, and b) regularly has computer problems while playing in front of crowds of thousands of people and doesn't care to fix it.

Is also a racist:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been jamming really hard to a Derrick May mix lately, which he describes the sound as high tech soul. Also on my list of "favorite things" is Laurent Garnier's Man with the Red Face, live (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkoBH68njQ best 10 minutes ever)... I am looking to find some mixes of jazzy house or techno, anyone got an idea of where to start? Being that I'm in the Detroit area, I definitely come across a ton of techno-influenced mixes, but very few that are heavily jazz influenced... I'd really LOVE an idea of where to start looking...

Battle Cattle
Aug 13, 2003

MOO.
Deniz Kurtel on Friday or Behrouz on Saturday? Deniz Kurtel is the "new queen of house" apparently.

Comedy option is Sleigh Bells with Bosco Delrey on Saturday ...

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Battle Cattle posted:

Deniz Kurtel on Friday or Behrouz on Saturday? Deniz Kurtel is the "new queen of house" apparently.

Uhh Sleigh Bells owns so probably do that??

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Battle Cattle posted:

If you like that Jamie Jones/Crosstown rebels sound then go with Kurtel

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Battle Cattle posted:

What's wrong with Sleigh Bells?

Battle Cattle
Aug 13, 2003

MOO.

The Fresh Prince posted:

"noise pop". Kinda got enough of that seeing Crystal Castles at Ultra this year. I'll probably go, anyway. I am also about to spend $35 $33.90 on a ticket to see Avicii on July 3rd at Mansion. If you've ever seen the new Miami Vice film, you've seen the inside of Mansion. Please mock me appropriately.

Battle Cattle fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 29, 2011

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Firaga posted:

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but when I opened the link and saw it wasn't souncloud I closed it right away. Its free, you should sign up for it!

Who cares? Also, I'd rather have it on my iTunes. MixCloud is honestly better for soundcloud for mixes anyway, you can have chapters and stuff on mixcloud, and no upload limit.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

a milk crime posted:

Who cares? Also, I'd rather have it on my iTunes. MixCloud is honestly better for soundcloud for mixes anyway, you can have chapters and stuff on mixcloud, and no upload limit.

MixCloud works too! All I meant was that I'd much rather open a link and stream the mix, sample it by skipping through it maybe, than downloading a file onto my computer. I'm just saying. You can download through soundcloud/mixcloud anyway.
I wasn't interested enough to click DL right away, but maybe skipping through it would have grabbed my interest. Not trying to plug soundcloud or anything

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

The Fresh Prince posted:

They're godawful live. The girl sings ridiculously off-key and the sound mixing of her voice and the guitar is horrendous.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Slackerish posted:

They're godawful live. The girl sings ridiculously off-key and the sound mixing of her voice and the guitar is horrendous.

Sorry but you're wrong! hth

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Stuntastic posted:

Sorry but you're wrong! hth

Aren't you in high school or something?

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Slackerish posted:

Aren't you in high school or something?

Don't you both get clowned on and probated repeatedly or something?

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Stuntastic posted:

Don't you both get clowned on and probated repeatedly or something?

Only on NMD (I wonder why...) but thanks for the e-stalk!

My point was simply that Sleigh Bells blow rear end live, and if your only counterpoint is a teeny-bopper-friendly response of "You're wrong, tee hee!" then I don't see how much of an intelligent conversation could be started.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves
Anyway digging through some old Mad Decent podcasts I have I found Mumdance's Different Circles mixtape which opens up with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JZEN6eWT0 which is p. much the direction I find my tastes moving in more and more recently, or away from bloghouse and more towards this kind of poo poo and dancehall and moombahton and other stuff that is actually danceable instead of just being the flavor of the month. I don't even know what to call this, "world" electro I guess? Synthwave? Boomkat and Beatport aren't much of a help here. I need more poo poo like this and Calypso and whatnot

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Slackerish posted:

Only on NMD (I wonder why...) but thanks for the e-stalk!

My point was simply that Sleigh Bells blow rear end live, and if your only counterpoint is a teeny-bopper-friendly response of "You're wrong, tee hee!" then I don't see how much of an intelligent conversation could be started.

Counterpoint: Sleigh Bells do not, in fact, blow rear end live. Rather-- in every instance that I've seen them, whether at somewhere like Public Assembly, Governor's Island, a warehouse on the Westside Highway, or Bowery Presents venues, they've completely energized the crowd and have great stage presence. If you want good mixing and dynamics go see loving TVOTR or The National whose entire aesthetic doesn't revolve around being loud and hyper as gently caress. Maybe you Just Don't Get It, dude

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
Speaking of loud and weird stuff, did anyone else see that Crystal Castles and Crystal Method are playing a show together in San Jose? That feels like a really weird and clashing lineup to me.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

OniKun posted:

Speaking of loud and weird stuff, did anyone else see that Crystal Castles and Crystal Method are playing a show together in San Jose? That feels like a really weird and clashing lineup to me.

I'd like to take this opportunity to protest the proliferation of "Crystal" bands. Just scrolling through my iPod I have Crystal Castles, Crystal Fighters, Crystal Method and Crystal Vision. C'mon guys.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Stuntastic posted:

which is p. much the direction I find my tastes moving in more and more recently, or away from bloghouse and more towards this kind of poo poo and dancehall and moombahton and other stuff that is actually danceable instead of just being the flavor of the month.

are you me?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
sorry stunt buddy but quite a few people have said sleigh bells is not very good live!

i havent seen them myself though so i dunno

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

melee beats posted:

sorry stunt buddy but quite a few people have said sleigh bells is not very good live!

i havent seen them myself though so i dunno

Yeah ditto, Sleigh Bells seems like a weird band to defend to the death

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves
What can i say :shobon:

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Stuntastic posted:

Anyway digging through some old Mad Decent podcasts I have I found Mumdance's Different Circles mixtape which opens up with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JZEN6eWT0 which is p. much the direction I find my tastes moving in more and more recently, or away from bloghouse and more towards this kind of poo poo and dancehall and moombahton and other stuff that is actually danceable instead of just being the flavor of the month. I don't even know what to call this, "world" electro I guess? Synthwave? Boomkat and Beatport aren't much of a help here. I need more poo poo like this and Calypso and whatnot

im in the same boat. listening to nd playing less and less bmore club and more moombahton.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Threatis posted:

im in the same boat. listening to nd playing less and less bmore club and more moombahton.

but im 30 and out of touch so what do i know.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I've been on a mooombahton kick myself lately too. Its so much more danceable than brostep/dutch/that waaaaay overproduced Porter Robinson/Skrillex electro sound. I really dig this take on Samim's 'Heater', such a clever remix http://soundcloud.com/ckrono/samim-heater-ckrono-moombahton

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Stuntastic posted:

I don't want to pick on you, but what is your conception of dancehall? This thread is not exactly fertile breeding ground for people who are into actual dancehall.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
"Moombahton is dubstep for girls" -AC Slater

Seriously tho, moombahton is pretty fun to listen to and dance to.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Mike_V posted:

I don't want to pick on you, but what is your conception of dancehall? This thread is not exactly fertile breeding ground for people who are into actual dancehall.

Entry level vybz kartel beanie man poo poo, not trying to claim any real dude status; I'm slowly picking through the Jamaica thread in phiz but I'm finding a lot of good stuff.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010
The DJ Ayres edits I posted a while back from moombahton massive tres are amazing chillout tunes.

That heater edit is beautiful too.

the Blow Your Head "what is moombahton" is out too, http://soundcloud.com/maddecent/blow-your-head-vol-2-dave-nada

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
lol @ Diplo calling the newly crowned princess "Kate Moombahton" over twitter

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Stuntastic posted:

That Mumdance track is pretty sick. Got other recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
so picking up on moombahton half way through 2011 is not just being flavor of the month, got it