Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Flipswitch posted:

I'd be tempted to rejig it for scenarios to be honest mate. I don't know how you guys play but even for our brand new players playing at 150pts we play (modified) scenarios to scale to the point size.

I'd really have to drop the Ragik if I were to shift this to an objective list, and I want to play around with my jump trooper. :(

Flipswitch posted:

How are you finding the Govads?

Limited experience still, but I honestly love them. Veteran hasn't mattered but MSV is always really good.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That's fair. I keep throwing Hellcats into my list even if its a questionable choice. AD can gently caress some people up big time.

The Govads look really, really good too just eyeing up their profile, drat.

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think jaguars are good but like a lot of warbands really shine in a high-orders list. I mean as filler in a 10-model, 300pt squad with intruders and spektrs in it, I'm probably not going to activate him. Sooner or later I'll try a bigger list with plenty of them backing up a full alguacile link and a couple elites.
Yeah for sure, I'll post up some lists when I get around to using them and see what people think to bounce some ideas about. I'm playing a 300pt game tomorrow using my NCA and playing some N3 TAGs. Should be good!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This is what I'd take for an objective list, I think:

code:
Govad	HMG			29	1.5	
Shihab	HMG			25	1	
Ghulam	Hacker			20	0.5	
Hunzakut FO			18	0	
Najjarun Engineer		17	0	
Ghulam	Doctor Plus		16	0	
Ghulam	Lieutenant		12	0	
Ghulam	Rifle + Light Shotgun	12	0	
But man, Ragiks are just amazing now. Between Dogged, Trajectory Assist, and the buff to light shotguns, he's pretty much the ideal AD trooper.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Yeah, Dogged is the absolute tits on AD models. It basically gets better the more suicidal or aggressive a model is meant to be played, so on AD3 is ideal.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Haqq made out like bandits in N3 (so far). Gaaah release the rest of the profiles already :(

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
There is a lot of cool stuff I am just scratching the surface of in these new rules. The new layout is spectacular, especially compared to the previous morass. Everything is clearly answered and the reference section is perfect.

- Suppressive fire is awesome, I think between that and the strategic use of command tokens, Infinity is much more balanced for active/reactive turn - I think in N2 it could be very hard to set up right to avoid a hammering in the reactive.

- There are so many drat options for hacking. If my understanding of the rules had been better I prob. could have stopped that szalamandra dead last night. But, equally, my opponent (who had 2 interventors) probably would have dispersed my Combat Jumps. There is a really good balance between Assault Hacking device and normal. Defensive hacking devices (not in my faction) have good perks to make them less of a poor man's option. And AHD just have those little extra bumps over normal, without supplanting the assault hacking device. It's all so cool! There is real potential whereas before it was 'oh, he didn't bring any HI, REMs or TAGs, what a waste of points'. It can't be a coincidence that HI and REMs got better at the same time. The designers are just killing it in terms of accurately seeing what people do/don't use, and how this can be altered to get a good variety of competitive options.

Further rules q about hacking:
-As I read it a hacker can ARO an opposing hack with Reset, some of the sword programs like Brain Blast, or the advanced Shield programs available to the DHD. But all of them only if the active hacker is within the reactive hacker's hacking area.
-Further, if the active hacker is a Hackable model you could react with CLAW programs, and those that cause IMM-1 or IMM-2 would also be FtF rolls.
-Of course you can ARO as normal with BS attacks etc if you have LOF, you could do any random stuff like lay a mine/repeater or change facing or alert, all as normal rolls.
- However, there is no way to ARO against a hack on a friendly model, unless the active hacker is within one of your hacker's hacking areas, correct?

Just asking because that is a big change from N2. It makes it very important/cunning to protect hacking-vulnerable models with hackers or repeaters of your own. I really hope the Iguana keeps its repeater!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

In the middle of a game so can't answer but my Squalo Lt is making GBS threads on people lmao. Sat in supp fire by the end of every turn, hackers covering it and spotters for its artillery makes is super impactful, been using that Lt order with near impunity so far. Its advanced ECM has stopped SMLs and hackers have caused one Tiger Soldier to deviate way back from it.

E, Defensive hacking is completely gone with N3 which is why Reset is such a stronger ARO. Instead you need to be proactive with Fairy Dust etc. Very much looking forward to EVO changes as a result.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 10, 2015

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Oh, absolutely. EVO can really switch things up, and also I wonder if the link team rules will change significantly. I know there are counter-arguments, like how dangerous templates are to linked models etc, but link teams have always seemed like quite a powerful bonus and it's a bit of a no-brainer to take a link in a sectorial.

There are plenty of bits of special kit in HS and Paradiso which could change or just cast new perspective on the stuff already updated for N3. I wonder if we will see changes later in 2015 when HS is updated? I can't imagine the army list PDFs we're all waiting for will be more than points cost and possibly some new weapon loadouts - there is no way to change the equipment or skill rules without a whole book.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Genghis Cohen posted:

Oh, absolutely. EVO can really switch things up, and also I wonder if the link team rules will change significantly. I know there are counter-arguments, like how dangerous templates are to linked models etc, but link teams have always seemed like quite a powerful bonus and it's a bit of a no-brainer to take a link in a sectorial.

There are plenty of bits of special kit in HS and Paradiso which could change or just cast new perspective on the stuff already updated for N3. I wonder if we will see changes later in 2015 when HS is updated? I can't imagine the army list PDFs we're all waiting for will be more than points cost and possibly some new weapon loadouts - there is no way to change the equipment or skill rules without a whole book.
The PDF is over 200 pages, they have to change/update the equipment with their rules for HS/CP, not just point revisions. It's an entire edition update, the actual books are long-term print releases, the rules are not.

E: Games over now and am posting on my pad and sitting out of this round and just answering rule questions for now, so I'll get back to your post above mine in a moment and edit here.

quote:

- Suppressive fire is awesome, I think between that and the strategic use of command tokens, Infinity is much more balanced for active/reactive turn - I think in N2 it could be very hard to set up right to avoid a hammering in the reactive.
Yah it is, the new Sup Fire is a pretty nasty skill but it's got some limited range bands, it's strong but I find it's a lot easier to crack than the older one at the cost of being easier to apply. Long range camo attacks here are great, or speculative weapons. I've even used a TO Camo FO to spot and forced the model to break Sup Fire with LGL/HGLs. In my game earlier today I forced one to drop back by throwing an E/M grenade over a wall at him.

quote:

- There are so many drat options for hacking. If my understanding of the rules had been better I prob. could have stopped that szalamandra dead last night. But, equally, my opponent (who had 2 interventors) probably would have dispersed my Combat Jumps. There is a really good balance between Assault Hacking device and normal. Defensive hacking devices (not in my faction) have good perks to make them less of a poor man's option. And AHD just have those little extra bumps over normal, without supplanting the assault hacking device. It's all so cool! There is real potential whereas before it was 'oh, he didn't bring any HI, REMs or TAGs, what a waste of points'. It can't be a coincidence that HI and REMs got better at the same time. The designers are just killing it in terms of accurately seeing what people do/don't use, and how this can be altered to get a good variety of competitive options.
To be honest I think DHDs are pretty poor at the moment. I need to see them some more on the table and the self defensive hacking options are neat, but only really useful if your hacker is being targeted. I was kind of hoping Breakwater would be like N2 defensive hacking, but no such luck. AHDs are nice, but I do wish they had Brain Blast on their profiles against enemy hackers. If anything though without it - it does make me consider bringing two hackers, one assault and one regular for a nice even spread of programs. So CBs way is most likely better balanced than what I want. :v:

quote:

Further rules q about hacking:
-As I read it a hacker can ARO an opposing hack with Reset, some of the sword programs like Brain Blast, or the advanced Shield programs available to the DHD. But all of them only if the active hacker is within the reactive hacker's hacking area.
-Further, if the active hacker is a Hackable model you could react with CLAW programs, and those that cause IMM-1 or IMM-2 would also be FtF rolls.
-Of course you can ARO as normal with BS attacks etc if you have LOF, you could do any random stuff like lay a mine/repeater or change facing or alert, all as normal rolls.
- However, there is no way to ARO against a hack on a friendly model, unless the active hacker is within one of your hacker's hacking areas, correct?
1) It's based on individual program here, but generally if your hacker is being targeted by a hack, you can respond with the ARO hacks providing the enemy model fits the criteria to be targeted (Hacker). Note if you're being hacked, they're in your hacking area. Either the hacker is in your hacking area, or the repeater is. You can hack through enemy repeaters but taking the firewall penalty.
2) Correct, providing target can be targeted by those programs.
3) Yup, dependent on relevant ARO.
4) Correct, unless the enemy hacker is in your hackers' hacking area, you can't ARO it. Defensive hacking as N2 knew it is gone entirely.

I'm hoping my Iguana does keep its repeater to, makes it a lot harder to hack than it looks currently! Especially with Nomad support.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 10, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I think it's only a matter of time before CB introduces a special skill whose only ability is that it allows it's trooper to be deployed in suppressive fire.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

You can hack through enemy repeaters but taking the firewall penalty.

Now this, this is drat interesting and something I had completely missed, thanks. Totally agree on wanting to take a HD and assault HD in lists. I think good repeater/marker coverage is even more important than a good hacker really, much like with doctors, they are useless without the board coverage.

I had not expected anything beyond profiles for the rest of the units, but now you mention it, clarified equipment and skills rules seem plausible enough. I really think if they were planning on full HS rules (like link teams) being released in these awaited PDFs, they would have mentioned it by now. But who knows.

So you are playing at some sort of event mate? How's it going, what kind of armies are people using?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Genghis Cohen posted:

Now this, this is drat interesting and something I had completely missed, thanks. Totally agree on wanting to take a HD and assault HD in lists. I think good repeater/marker coverage is even more important than a good hacker really, much like with doctors, they are useless without the board coverage.
You're welcome. :) At the moment I've been running dual hackers with some coverage (usually a the 8pt REMs and the Pathfinder equivalent because they're so strong in this edition, and with some deployable repeaters if I can fit them in the list. I do it more with my Bakunin than my others but I think hacking is something now that's really important to have even for someone like PanO which traditionally was poor at extending the hacking net range. With BTS taking such a reduced role in how good your hacker is on the offensive, it really opens up the field for taking things like Fusilier hackers which traditionally always been shunted and it's really opened up the game on what hackers I want to take and why. I love the change.

quote:

I had not expected anything beyond profiles for the rest of the units, but now you mention it, clarified equipment and skills rules seem plausible enough. I really think if they were planning on full HS rules (like link teams) being released in these awaited PDFs, they would have mentioned it by now. But who knows.
Yup, when you break it down it's quite a bit. The PDF will have Link Team Rules (if they've changed, they'll be updated). You've got the new unit profiles (with revised points costs or possible reworks), the equipment weapons, special skills and game states they all use. Each needs to be updated in the same way that N3 currently is and if you break down how much is actually from HS and CP, it's a lot of stuff to get done. Koni posted up on the official forums stating we'll get it before ITS2015 at the latest, but not until its ready either.

quote:

So you are playing at some sort of event mate? How's it going, what kind of armies are people using?
Yeah I'm running a modified Campaign league for our players down here which officially starts this Thursday. We've got a really huge variation in the levels of play at the moment with a few of us having played for 4-5 years up to some who have only played around 2-3 weeks and N3 has brought a lot of our players back into the open and drummed up interest. we've gone from an average of 5-6 regular players to pushing 15 on one night which was a bit nuts. Although we've yet to hit that number again, you know the deal though, different day different people can or can't make it.

The league is functioning as a slow-grow for people to play modified off the Paradiso template, quite a bit too because I'm having to be flexible with numbers of people attending, rather than the fixed 4 player system the book uses, not to mention flexible on the scenarios themselves as our newer players own maybe 200-250pts and the campaign is a bit specific in places like baggage REMs, starting at 200pts and working up to 300pts. So the past week or two have been getting ready for how the scenarios work in the book and ITS play in particular for our newer players.

Corbeau posted:

I think it's only a matter of time before CB introduces a special skill whose only ability is that it allows it's trooper to be deployed in suppressive fire.
Curious to see how abusive Sapper models can get with Suppressive fire, providing Sapper doesn't change too much.

E:
Been working on ITS markers for the past day or two, got these on the go:

Got 12x 40mm Markers and 16x 25mm markers for ITS objectives, going to grab a NATO stencil set from work on monday and spray some markings on the top of them, use my chipping/stippling effects on them to make them look worn, or might just dry brush them on and bam, ITS markers done on the cheap that are generic enough to work on most boards.

We've got actual objective sets we use for our tables normally, but only really enough to fill 2-3 tables which is a bummer. It's a step up from empty base markers though, my camera sucks cock though.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 10, 2015

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Here is a situation for you all.

A model is hit by a successful Oblivion Hacking Attack, rendering it Isolated.

Could you spend a Command Token to bring that model back from its own Combat Group into its previous one?

Command Tokens stating that; "Permanently move an allied troop to a different Combat Group..etc"
Oblivion stating that; "The effects of this program persist until the opponent cancels the induced state by whatever means"

e> Having read the Appendices (N3 RULES RULE)
I think I have answered my own question.

He is not moved to any new Combat Group and remains in his current one, is made Irregular and is barred from using the Orders in his Order Pool.

ThreeLefts fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 11, 2015

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Interestingly the Appendices description of Isolated mentions Blackout as a candidate for inflicting Isolated, when Oblivion does that.
Blackout Disables Comms. Equipment.

Oops?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ThreeLefts posted:

Interestingly the Appendices description of Isolated mentions Blackout as a candidate for inflicting Isolated, when Oblivion does that.
Blackout Disables Comms. Equipment.

Oops?
Yup it's a typo. Already reported for FAQ errata.

Actually speaking of new stuff, make sure you pay attention to how Change Facing now works in N3 alongside with the Warning! rule. It's been tripping people up here and it's a question I have to answer a lot when people think the understand the rule and it's a pretty important one in regards to Change Facing with regards to models outside of LOF.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 11, 2015

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

The new Change Facing is genius.

Just yesterday I had a TO Sergeant whom was infiltrated and hidden too far from where the action developed. It could see a Riot Grrl line up for a long range (read, out of ZoC) shot on my Hospitaller with its Blitzen.
Not wanting the Hospitaller to get hit, potentially become a statue and if he did survive have to try and fail his Guts to relocate, I used Alert on the TO Sergeant to give the Hospitaller a FtF Change Facing against the Blitzen.

Nailed it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I wound up taking my 150pt objective list even though we didn't play an objective game. Didn't want to complicate the game further since it was a newer player. We had a ton of new N3 players in the store tonight - most of whom somehow already own more minis than I've acquired in 2-3 years of play! :stare:

code:
Govad	HMG			29	1.5	
Shihab	HMG			25	1	
Ghulam	Hacker			20	0.5	
Hunzakut FO			18	0	
Najjarun Engineer		17	0	
Ghulam	Doctor Plus		16	0	
Ghulam	Lieutenant		12	0	
Ghulam	Rifle + Light Shotgun	12	0	
All of these models were useful. My Shihab actually ate a Panzerfaust crit, but survived disabled thanks to the new G: Remote Presence double-unconscious states. My opponnent ran out of orders before he could finish it off and my Najjarun repaired it without even needing to burn a command token re-roll. Remotes and Engineers may be some serious business in N3. My Doc+ also saw use by reviving my HMG Govad, who'd gotten into a close-ish range firefight with a Yaogat with Boarding Shotgun. My Govad was on suppressive fire at the time, so it wasn't as awful as it could have been, but shotguns are definitely serious business in N3. My Ghulams fired more shotguns tonight than I think I ever fired during all of N2, and they probably inflicted more casualties tonight than any of my shotgun units ever managed in N2.

We talked a lot both during and after the game. His whole group had driven up to the store from a fair distance out, and it sounds like they'd primarily played on very dense symmetrical tables (many of them only having played Icestorm until now). Our layouts were a surprise to them; we aim for something close to the N3 suggested density, with asymmetrical deployment zones. My opponent's only long range weapons were his Yaogats' Panzerfausts, which he said that he'd never actually had reason to fire before today. He's also still new enough that cautious movement wasn't initially on his radar screen (though, to be fair, I would have reminded him earlier of it if I'd remembered it was a possibility myself :v: ). As a result, my Shihab locked down half the board. A single heavy weapon with camo - or even mimetism! - could probably have popped my REM, but he just plain didn't bring any. I noticed in his next game that he made some unit changes and brought a Zerat sniper, though I didn't see how that game ended.

This was the board we played on:

All of tonight's tables.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 11, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Really like the table you one posted here as an example, although I think in comparison I might actually go overboard on scatter terrain sometimes. I like to have little things up in the streets and stuff, cars, stacks of crates/containers and that sort of thing. Sci-fi barriers and adverts, all sorts of good stuff.

ThreeLefts posted:

The new Change Facing is genius.

Just yesterday I had a TO Sergeant whom was infiltrated and hidden too far from where the action developed. It could see a Riot Grrl line up for a long range (read, out of ZoC) shot on my Hospitaller with its Blitzen.
Not wanting the Hospitaller to get hit, potentially become a statue and if he did survive have to try and fail his Guts to relocate, I used Alert on the TO Sergeant to give the Hospitaller a FtF Change Facing against the Blitzen.

Nailed it.
Haha this is cool. I'm actually really happy so far with N3 changes and how they've effected Bakunin in particular. The hacking depth addition has been a real big boon to that sectorial as has cheaper MI (which they have a lot of) and streamlining camo makes them a lot smoother to play in general.

Plus Hyperdynamics Riot Grrls are boss as gently caress with the out-LOF dodging in the game now. :getin:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am... annoyed that the Cutter lost its HFT. Not for any particular game balance or strategic reason, but because it seems stupid that such an expensive and advanced piece of tech rolls out with only one weapon.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Let's see if we can go a release without Achilles losing a point of ARM.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fix posted:

I am... annoyed that the Cutter lost its HFT. Not for any particular game balance or strategic reason, but because it seems stupid that such an expensive and advanced piece of tech rolls out with only one weapon.
Same, it does limit its Rambo potential quite a bit as the Cutter can be a pubstomper, I really wish it had a heavy pistol or something with that MHMG, at the moment it's basically forced into suppressing fire every round.

EDIT: Magister changes spoiled in Warcors Ezine #2:
Changes:

- CC21
- WIP13
- AP CCW - 23 pts
- DA CCW - 24 pts
- EXP CCW - 25 pts
- ML/DA CCW - 32 pts / 2 SWC
- All profiles except ML have PF and Light Shotgun.

An ML and four LSG Magisters was 173pt compared to 128pt now.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 12, 2015

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

- All profiles except ML have PF and Light Shotgun.

An ML and four LSG Magisters was 173pt compared to 128pt now.

WELP looks like I'm buying a box of Magisters now. :black101:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Let's see if we can go a release without Achilles losing a point of ARM.

It's OK, he'll be downgraded to mimetism instead. :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Aix Athanatos posted:

It's pretty huge I think for them and shores up the one complaint I had about Maggies; their link was expensive as poo poo to use, even if you kept it to small numbers, it came to the point that Order Sergeants would get you more mileage.

Pierzak posted:

It's OK, he'll be downgraded to mimetism instead. :v:
Tried to find the like button. :(

If my Cutter lost its HFT and my Dragao went up in SWC, Achillies needs to lose some poo poo too. Eye for an eye and all that.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Aix Athanatos posted:

This was my immediate reaction.

e: We're ramping up to 300pts, probably book scenarios, for tonight. Here's my plan:

code:
Combat Group #1
Ragik		Hacker		32	0.5	
Govad		HMG		29	1.5	
Govad		HMG		29	1.5	
Hunzakut	FO		18	0	
Ghulam		Doctor Plus	16	0	
Naffatun	Rifle + HFT	13	0	
Ghulam		Rifle + LSG	12	0	
Ghulam		Lieutenant	12	0

Combat Group #2	
Tuareg		Sniper Rifle	33	0.5	
Shihab		HMG		25	1	
Ghulam		Hacker		20	0.5	
Hunzakut	FO		18	0		
Najjarun	Engineer	17	0	

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 12, 2015

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

EDIT: Magisters now!

Is there any spoilers as to the abilities of the lighter ARM HI Human Sphere style stat line? 4-4 was their thing, apart from cost have they gained anything else?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I think that's a good 15-model list, but if you're taking a doctor, take 1-2 of the servant remotes. Without them, I find you seldom ever try to doctor more than 1 model, and even that is unlikely unless you have a huge order surplus, or have positioned next to a specific, critical model.

I played 200 pts against Nomads just now. Another mirror match, with my opponent building from the icestorm box, so a bit boring in that sense. Good tactical learning though, I went 2nd, docked him 2 orders with a command token, leaving him quite short, and took him apart on my active turn. I pumped literally all my orders into McMurrough on my 1st active turn. Guy is a beast, even with the new significant downsides of impetuous, and will probably(?) get cheaper in N3. He killed a Spektr, an Alguacil, a Grenzer sniper, and a Reverend Healer. Ha!

McM got killed in my opponent's 2nd by an intruder, but then I moved in and all but wiped him in my 2nd. 1 algucail tried to run away and got shot in the back by a bandit, the courageous enemy lieutenant, a Mobile Brigada, stayed and fought. Just for a laugh, rather than taking him easily with a surprise shot bandit or a long-range intruder sniper, I activated my Jaguar and spent a few orders throwing smoke and running into combat, taking a few risks to do so. Jaguar killed him in 2 orders, MA2 and CC21 is pretty dangerous to non-CC models.

Overall, wiped him easily on turn 3 while achieving both my classifieds. (Annihilation mission from the N3 rulebook) McM was my only casualty. I felt a little bad for my opponent, who while not unsportsmanlike, looked pretty glum as his entire army crumbled. He's not that new, but he's not a great player tbh. Oh well, every dog has his day.

Lessons learnt:
- templates are a lot more forgiving now, straight ph dodge on a normal roll isn't too shabby on a lot of important models. Someone said something perceptive though, where before your opponent would definitely shoot you and roll his ARM, now he is tempted to dodge. A lot of the time that is fine, because you just pump another order into the template-thrower without any risk, or you can leave him and threaten the enemy in reactive.
- close combat is viable but still order-intensive. Mobile units will have a big advantage here and I think forces with CC specialists will be looking for exposed infiltrators/AD troops or enemies who have ramboed forward, it isn't a great tool to attack the enemy DZ.
- Hellcats' superior combat jump isn't as good as I thought, I confused myself with the superior infiltration rules. Superior combat jump is no better, it's just less risky on failure.

I will put some photos up at some point of my McMurrough proxy, finished painting it last night and I am quite happy with the concept. Really glad he did so well first time out.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ThreeLefts posted:

Is there any spoilers as to the abilities of the lighter ARM HI Human Sphere style stat line? 4-4 was their thing, apart from cost have they gained anything else?
If I had them to give you buddy I'd have posted them. :)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think that's a good 15-model list, but if you're taking a doctor, take 1-2 of the servant remotes.

Nasmats aren't in core-book N3.

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

If I had them to give you buddy I'd have posted them. :)

Cheers, thematically I dig the Magister Knights quite a lot. Always loved them in N2, just keeeeen.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ThreeLefts posted:

Cheers, thematically I dig the Magister Knights quite a lot. Always loved them in N2, just keeeeen.
Yeah I liked them, I always found their costs just too high for what they provided for me. Like they were great but I found them almost impossible to cram in for an ITS list for MO. I never really used them outside of MO apart from the occasional ML one for an Impetuous ML launcher that just went nuts over the game firing missiles.

Curious to see how Haramaki and Riot Grrls make out in N3, if the Magister's are any indication it'll be a decent one!

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Mate of mine down at the local store just got asked a question by a newcomer.

*pointing at the Seraph in the Art Book*
"Hey do they still make this mini?"

STILL.

HAHAA~aww.

e> Asked on Infinity Australia facebook.

ThreeLefts fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 13, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Are you no longer able to lay mines during deployment?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Fix posted:

Are you no longer able to lay mines during deployment?

Minelayer-special rule allows that, but it isn't in Main rulebook. It's from the Human Sphere, so currently only guys without 3rd edition rules have it.

It might get removed/changed when the update.pdf:s come, but until then, it works exactly same as in 2nd edition.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

edit: never mind, I'm dumb and found it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Is there a definitive set of measurements for the s1-s8 silhouettes? I know they have printable templates and there are retail versions, but if I'm making my own what sizes are they, does this sizing include the height of the models base?

I found this:

http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2236

S5: Big Guys, 40 mm wide and roughly 45 mm tall S3: Remotes, 40 mm wide and roughly 30 mm tall
S6: Mini TAGs, 40 mm wide and roughly 50 mm tall
S7: TAGs, 55 mm wide and roughly 66 mm tall S4: Combat Remotes, 55 mm wide and roughly 30 mm tall
S2: Humans, 25 mm wide and roughly 36 mm tall S1: Servants, 25 mm wide and roughly 24 mm tall

But wanted a more authoritative resource before I made them.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
1, servants: 25x25
2, humans: 25x40
3, small remotes: 40x32
4, big remotes: 55x32
5, big guys: 40x45
6, mini TAGs: 40x55
7, large TAGs: 55x67
source: N3 printed templates and a piece of graph paper :v:

I don't have the Maggie template on hand, but it's 70mm wide.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Got a few games tomorrow with the guys to practice ready for our league starting next week. I'm going to be playing if we have an odd number as the bye round but otherwise just TOing it up.

Gonna play 200pts as that's what we're starting with, still dunno what to play though, Corregidor is what's tempting me so I can paint them up, but we have literally one other PanO player who plays ASA, so I was thinking of bringing some NCA too. Thoughts?

If I go Correg I'm curious to see how much I can get out of a min Wildcat link at 200 over a 5 man Alguacil/Lupe link.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 14, 2015

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Meh, at 200 I'd rather support an alguacile link with intruder(s)+jaguar(s) and mobile units like REMs or an AD unit. I think if you have the 2-link system with those units you won't have any options for working the flanks etc. Plus, I think a real fundamental of using 2 links is switching between them with the Lt order, and that function is sort of up in the air with the current state of the N3 rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ugh. Just lost a very narrow game against ALEPH with my Corregidor. Luck swing wildly on both side (All of his Netrods and Ekdromoi scattered a lot, but he dropped my Iguana in a single MK12 burst). The kicker that made me lose the game, though? I forgot that my Wildcat link was packed with flamethrowers (B2 flamethrowers at that!), and instead of burning the ODDs off his Myrm fireteam, I kept just shooting back. By the time I remembered, it was far too late.

Anyone else keeps forgetting a specific weapon or gear from their own guys?

• Locked thread