Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Fyrbrand posted:

Thanks dudes. I brought him in a tag team with the MK at my event Saturday. Turns out together they have a pretty good ranged assassination. Of course after the fact we realized I shot down Sorscha1 with the GK, woops. But we agreed I probably would have won it anyway. Neither one of us will forget cold type or cold immunity next time I bet!

Troll frost king is really really good. I am glad someone said something about snow because the snow makes the model even cooler

Edit: He deserves to be on top of the new page.

Fyrbrand posted:

I finally finished my Glacier King so now everyone gets pic spam. A friend at our event yesterday suggested I add snow to the whelp on the base. That got me thinking, and I wound up making a mini-GK. :keke:

(I really like drinky whelp riding on top, too.)

waah fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Picking up a small warmahordes lot, are any of these still popular models?

Circle:
Woldwarden
Woldwyrd
Blackclad Wayfarer
Totem Hunter

Cygnar:
Cyclone
Defender
Iron Clad

Menoth:
Warcaster High Exemplar Kreoss x2
Crusader Heavy Warjack x2
Vanquisher Heavy Warjack x2
Repenter Light Warjack x2
Exemplar Cinerators Unit (5 models) x2

Khador
Kommander Sorscha

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goodness posted:

Picking up a small warmahordes lot, are any of these still popular models?

Circle:
Woldwarden
Woldwyrd
Blackclad Wayfarer
Totem Hunter

Cygnar:
Cyclone
Defender
Iron Clad

Menoth:
Warcaster High Exemplar Kreoss x2
Crusader Heavy Warjack x2
Vanquisher Heavy Warjack x2
Repenter Light Warjack x2
Exemplar Cinerators Unit (5 models) x2

Khador
Kommander Sorscha

Crusaders are good

Cinerators are probably playable with vindictus. Maybe high reclaimer too. Blackclads still see use I guess.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 22, 2016

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
From Cygnar, the Defender and Ironclad are solid. The Cyclone is ok but it's kind of a niche pick.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm personally a huge fan of woldwyrd but nobody else is because circle players hate fun

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Soles posted a bunch in this thread about upcoming changes to Skornez. Seems like some legit cool stuff. Starts on page 2 iirc.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Fyrbrand posted:

Soles posted a bunch in this thread about upcoming changes to Skornez. Seems like some legit cool stuff. Starts on page 2 iirc.

Yeah, it's sounding super duper promising. Here's a summary I found:

quote:

Summary (changes are not yet finalized but currently being play tested)
- rhinodons arm 18, st up to 11, tail range 2 with crit KD
-X2 loses mobility gains battle host
- cataphracts gain tough
- centrati gain set defense
- actuari lose CRA gain weapon master on ranged attack
- incendiari go to pow 13
- all cataphract pt cost under review
- Xekaar unlikely to change
- makeda 1 lose subjugation gains field marshal shield guard
- swordsmen go to mat 7, lose show of force but gain power swell
-archidon go to str 10 and gains long leash, it's reduced to 10
- pain givers gain prodding : ff warbeasts btb with this model charges for free
- kreas animus gains +2 arm again
- morgul 2 fury 6
- aradius soldier 16 pts
- aradius sentinel to see substantial change
- gladiator to 15 pts many changes to warbeasts points
- reptile hounds 3 pts a piece
- lots of minor tweaks
- "stay tuned for a change to gargantuans and collosals" !!!!!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Krea armor bonus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Krea plus batle host is all I need to finally put Xerxis2 back on the table. I missed you, big guy.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Luebbi posted:

Krea plus batle host is all I need to finally put Xerxis2 back on the table. I missed you, big guy.

X2 and all the revievers, kreas, and shamans.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
All you Skorne bros; Soles is giving out the goods for your re-evaluated angry elephant faction. It seems reeeeeal good:

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?264577-The-wait-is-pretty-long/page4

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

All you Skorne bros; Soles is giving out the goods for your re-evaluated angry elephant faction. It seems reeeeeal good:

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?264577-The-wait-is-pretty-long/page4

Like, dude, look at the last 5 posts.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CaptCommy posted:

Yeah, it's sounding super duper promising. Here's a summary I found:

:fap: :f5: If half this stuff is true, this is a huge change. Sort of glad that I set down the Skorne for this latest Journeyman now, since they might as well be a new faction with these changes.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This seems like a lot. Almost too much. Are all of these changes expected to be made or are they just what is being playtested? If all of these go through does that make Skorne really good or just on par with other factions?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Why is Long Leash on the Archidon the thing that excites me this morning?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

GoodBee posted:

Because at cost 10 it's a total monster now! Good changes, but I still don't see some sort of overarching "identity" to the changes that was missing before. Just raw power level increases which is obviously a good thing, but I was sort of hoping for some more thematic changes across the board.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

GoodBee posted:

It says to me that they are not just trying to make models better, but also more interesting conceptually. The idea they mention is the Archidon scouts ahead, taking out key solos or pieces before swooping back with sprint. That's a cool idea and has a nice visual touch so Long Leash makes it possible, or at least much easier to accomplish.

I don't just want Skorne to be better mechanically, I want it to be a cool faction with its own style. All these changes look great.

It got buried deep on that forum thread, but they mentioned wanting to do a 3 man Mortitheurge wizard unit and that would be the coolest thing to me.

Edit:

PaintVagrant posted:

Because at cost 10 it's a total monster now! Good changes, but I still don't see some sort of overarching "identity" to the changes that was missing before. Just raw power level increases which is obviously a good thing, but I was sort of hoping for some more thematic changes across the board.

At least they seem to address that a bit in the thread where they mention going back to the drawing board with what makes Skorne, well, Skorne. I really hope they keep focused on that.

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 22, 2016

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

I'm thinking of getting into this game, does anyone know what the Twin Cities, Minnesota, scene is like for this? It looks like a couple FLGS have nights on Monday or Tuesday.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Fell Fire posted:

I'm thinking of getting into this game, does anyone know what the Twin Cities, Minnesota, scene is like for this? It looks like a couple FLGS have nights on Monday or Tuesday.

I believe Tower Hobbies Games is in that area? I think they have a wmh scene, but thats all based on them being mentioned in podcasts, not me ever playing there or even stepping foot inside the state of Minnesota.

PaintVagrant fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 22, 2016

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Fell Fire posted:

There are a bunch of nights. We meet at the Source Monday nights (around 6 or earlier, store is open till 9), I think Tower Games in Minneapolis is tuesday nights, Thursday nights people meet at Fantasy Flight Event Center which is open later than other stores. Otherwise some of us get together at Fantasy Flight randomly on weekends. There is a twin cities warmachine facebook page you can probably find. There is a pretty decent scene here with people from other cities making it up for tournaments and such.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Make Skorne Great Again

(by that I mean fully break morghoul2 and take us back to the tail end of mk1)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

CaptCommy posted:

Like, dude, look at the last 5 posts.

To be completely fair I just hit new post without checking since the app said 0 new posts.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

To be completely fair I just hit new post without checking since the app said 0 new posts.

It's okay. I forgive you.

this time

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Pash posted:

There are a bunch of nights. We meet at the Source Monday nights (around 6 or earlier, store is open till 9), I think Tower Games in Minneapolis is tuesday nights, Thursday nights people meet at Fantasy Flight Event Center which is open later than other stores. Otherwise some of us get together at Fantasy Flight randomly on weekends. There is a twin cities warmachine facebook page you can probably find. There is a pretty decent scene here with people from other cities making it up for tournaments and such.

Great, thanks! I'll look at the page and try to make it out in December. Weeknights are usually busy so I am not sure when that will be yet.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm personally a huge fan of woldwyrd but nobody else is because circle players hate fun

I have two but I cant make room for them with everything costing so much now. Also so few people at my store use defensive upkeeps.

To the guy selling circle stuff, I'm getting into guild ball so I'm going to hold off on hordes purchases. Good to hear you're unloading the stuff anyway.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I have two but I cant make room for them with everything costing so much now. Also so few people at my store use defensive upkeeps.

To the guy selling circle stuff, I'm getting into guild ball so I'm going to hold off on hordes purchases. Good to hear you're unloading the stuff anyway.

Yeah I also have two they can be a really nasty surprise when paired with a pureblood for that sweet, sweet blessed shot. Really punishes arcane shield and that sort of stuff. I run them with Mohsar who has an arm debuff, so i can really swing piles of damage into things. Especially stormwalls that think they are safe behind arcane shield :getin:

E: Also that is me I was that guy. I ended up trading like 80% of it away for some sweet, sweet trollblood.

E:E: Guildball is fun and has lots of interaction which is good and cool

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Copied from the trollblood Facebook;

" So I got the new NQ and while it doesn't specifically have the entire theme list used the BatRep this is the summery of what's called out

+2" Deployment
Warrior models are granted Takedown
For ever 20 points of Longriders, Champions or Warders you get a free command attachment or medium based solo"

Their is a picture of the list used and so far I can make out that no pyg units for sure.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

All warrior models gain takedown sounds super annoying if you are playing any faction that like soul / corpse tokens :v:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Captainicus posted:

All warrior models gain takedown sounds super annoying if you are playing any faction that like soul / corpse tokens :v:

Oh my zaal.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captainicus posted:

If the allowed warriors are only the more expensive multi wound infantry, it's less of an issue. I want to see what the restrictions are before really worrying about them. So the world won't fall until the middle of next week.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Someone pointed out that take down means that overtake on the champ CA doesn't work anymore. Also if fennblades are allowed cleave doesn't work.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Fell Fire posted:

Great, thanks! I'll look at the page and try to make it out in December. Weeknights are usually busy so I am not sure when that will be yet.

Ya, if you post up on those pages you can probably line up some games for weekends if that works better.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chutche2 posted:

Someone pointed out that take down means that overtake on the champ CA doesn't work anymore. Also if fennblades are allowed cleave doesn't work.

Heh, that's pretty poo poo then. I thought Skorne were the ones who were supposed to have options?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Finally bothered to put H3 on the table. I screwed up a bunch of poo poo because there was a lot going on for my lizard brain to handle and I always screw up really badly with new casters the first couple times I play them. Ended up losing to a Gunnbjorn player when he crit dev'd Haley and then shot me twice with Dozer and Smigg.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
in the last week i picked up my 300 dollar order of menoth and also bought the skorne and circle boxes

my justification is that the circle box is for my girlfriend because she wanted to paint werewolves and golems but still

thank god miniature market and privateer dont have anything i really care about on sale this week

rip mm being out of foam tho

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So una2 feat effectively gives parry too? Jesus Christ. I still am not going more than five birds I think.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gunnbjorn does have a pretty good anti-Cygnar feat too. Literally no damage from shooting is such a nut punch even to combined arms forces, I can't imagine it with a more pure gun line like you get out of Haley3.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

So una2 feat effectively gives parry too? Jesus Christ. I still am not going more than five birds I think.

C'mon, go all the way. With Flank, they're effectively MAT 8 POW 15.5 wreckers before Hand of Fate or Primal/Blessed. What more do you want?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rkajdi posted:

Gunnbjorn does have a pretty good anti-Cygnar feat too. Literally no damage from shooting is such a nut punch even to combined arms forces, I can't imagine it with a more pure gun line like you get out of Haley3.

Actually my list was pretty melee heavy, but a turn of not being able to hit his fennblades with my storm lance shots or his Mountain King with my jacks was a pretty big deal.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11beS9v9E9Aaj9kad9R9T9u7z

Cygnar Army - 74 / 75 points

(Haley 3) Major Prime Victoria Haley [+25]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
- Defender [16]
- Thorn [13]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Hunter [11]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Sword Knights (max) [13]
Trencher Infantry (min) [10]
Ragman [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

susan posted:

C'mon, go all the way. With Flank, they're effectively MAT 8 POW 15.5 wreckers before Hand of Fate or Primal/Blessed. What more do you want?

To not spend $200 for a single caster that doesn't seem to have a different game plan from my favorite caster