Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

projecthalaxy posted:

Is booker t considered "from WCW" in this situation

He's definitely one of "those kinds of people"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
HHH robbed us of a bench press competition with Scott Steiner so he can burn in hell.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

The wrestlers will work hard to get the match over but NXT War Games will all new elements which are goofy as gently caress. Fans of the WCW one won't like it at all.

We already had war games with three 3 man teams

This probably won't have smoke and teleportation so it'll be a plus.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh I wouldn't put it past Nikki Cross.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how much longer will Aleister Black be doing squash matches for, I need to see him wrassle the big boys already

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DLC Inc posted:

how much longer will Aleister Black be doing squash matches for, I need to see him wrassle the big boys already

they dont come much bigger than chris hero

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Chris James 2 posted:

It involves Bray Wyatt. It's going to be

Remember when it looked like the Orton feud was actually going really surprisingly well, And it was coming off big wins over Cena and Styles, AND everyone was psyched for the Mania match

And then there were worm designs on the ring that even the crowd were bored by. And then he got pinned with one RKO anyway. And then it was all followed up by the House of Horrors, still today a strong contender for both Worst Match and Worst Segment of the Year (not for lack of competition)

I don't know what it is about Bray, but everything WWE tries to do with him they can't help but gently caress up in incredible ways. Sometimes it's just easier to spot in advance

The worst part is that I feel genuinely bad for Bray. He's trying hard, and is game for trying to spin something out of whatever poo poo they hand him, but the booking is just so bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well for the most part the NXT indie darling push is a couple months of squash/competitive matches, obligatory title run, then floundering on the main roster. Looking forward to Vince's oncoming Alzheimer's confusing him with CM Punk and firing him on the spot

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Odds were finally posted

https://twitter.com/WWELeaksDotOrg/status/916273473579835392

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Charlotte and Usos are now favourites

https://twitter.com/WWELeaksDotOrg/status/917001474735071232

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Well this is gonna be loving dire.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Jinder may be doing a media tour of India this week, if so, expect him to retain the title tonight. :suicide:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've spent all weekend thinking if Owens wins, it's the only result the crowd will like

Definitely won't be shocked if that result doesn't happen either. Buckle up yall

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Jinder may be doing a media tour of India this week, if so, expect him to retain the title tonight. :suicide:

Expecting him to lose it before the India tour is pretty nutty.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

Expecting him to lose it before the India tour is pretty nutty.

They would have ample time to give it back to him, to be fair. There are five weeks between Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series, and the week after Survivor Series is Starrcade, where Jinder vs Nakamura for the title is being advertised. After that is the India tour, and there is talk of having a December PPV for Smackdown (Clash of Champions).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Jinder experiment is a massive failure. He's quite possibly one of the worst WWE (not WCW) champions of all time, and has shown little to no improvement in the ring, along with absolutely abysmal promos. You could put the belt on an actual rock and it would probably do better than Jinder. It doesn't help that he's not really helping attract the Indian market, and its shocking that WWE thought there was much to attract there anyways, since they get the majority of WWE produced shows for free already, so they have no incentive to subscribe to the network.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 8, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

They would have ample time to give it back to him, to be fair. There are five weeks between Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series, and the week after Survivor Series is Starrcade, where Jinder vs Nakamura for the title is being advertised. After that is the India tour, and there is talk of having a December PPV for Smackdown (Clash of Champions).

You don't try to build a guy up for six months for a market to hot shot a title around like that right before you tour that market. Even if the house shows are a small part of the India picture, it's crazy to do that especially for someone with no momentum like Nakamura.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

You don't try to build a guy up for six months for a market to hot shot a title around like that right before you tour that market. Even if the house shows are a small part of the India picture, it's crazy to do that especially for someone with no momentum like Nakamura.

Yeah, and the reason Nakamura has no momentum is because of being stuck in this lovely feud with Jinder. I'd argue Dolph was a key factor as well, but Dolph kills the momentum of anyone he feuds with these days, not just Nakamura. Also you could argue they didn't need to hotshot the belt to Jinder either, since he had pretty much no momentum heading into his first title victory. And like I posted above, he's not helping WWE get into the Indian market, and is almost certainly driving down gate numbers and subscriber numbers across the board. There are other factors in that, but I would say Jinder is a big cause of that.

I've already decided that if Jinder retains, I'm probably going to stop watching Smackdown until he drops the title. Oh yeah, and Road Dogg loving sucks at booking.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 8, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Nakamura has no momentum because he quit wearing tight pants. You can trace the exact moment he stopped being cool to the loose-fitting gear. Let the man have an edge again, Vince, give him back his old pants

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Corbin is the favorite to beat AJ now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I've already decided that if Jinder retains, I'm probably going to stop watching Smackdown until he drops the title

Prepare for the long haul

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

I've spent all weekend thinking if Owens wins, it's the only result the crowd will like

Definitely won't be shocked if that result doesn't happen either. Buckle up yall
I don't know I rather have Charlotte having the women's title than Nattie

And the Usos New Day feud is good enough that I don't care who wins since the matches are great

Plus Bobby Roode is probably going to beat Dolph

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know I rather have Charlotte having the women's title than Nattie

Natalya's good and deserves an actual lengthy run with a belt before retirement (not saying that's anywhere near but still), and Charlotte winning it makes it likelier Carmella cashes in soon, possibly even tonight

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, and the reason Nakamura has no momentum is because of being stuck in this lovely feud with Jinder. I'd argue Dolph was a key factor as well, but Dolph kills the momentum of anyone he feuds with these days, not just Nakamura. Also you could argue they didn't need to hotshot the belt to Jinder either, since he had pretty much no momentum heading into his first title victory. And like I posted above, he's not helping WWE get into the Indian market, and is almost certainly driving down gate numbers and subscriber numbers across the board. There are other factors in that, but I would say Jinder is a big cause of that.

I've already decided that if Jinder retains, I'm probably going to stop watching Smackdown until he drops the title. Oh yeah, and Road Dogg loving sucks at booking.

So Nakamura had momentum before this feud and wasn't just coasting having average matches and one brief cool exchange with AJ?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

So Nakamura had momentum before this feud and wasn't just coasting having average matches and one brief cool exchange with AJ?

Still more momentum than Jinder

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MassRafTer posted:

Yes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly I really don't care who gets the belt at this point, just rip off the loving Band-Aid already. Put it back on Randy for all I care.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Put it on Ellsworth to build towards a Big Dog - Big Hog showdown at the Rumble.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly they should just move Braun over to Smackdown and have him squash Jinder in like 30 seconds

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Benne posted:

Honestly I really don't care who gets the belt at this point, just rip off the loving Band-Aid already. Put it back on Randy for all I care.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

having a wwe belt is not a position of prestige

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

according to the online men, in olden times, one of the big problems with wwe was that the belts didn't matter enough. I feel that in this era of nothing mattering at all, the echoes of our childish problems from the past now bring comfort to many of the posting descendants who are around today as well as the elders who were alive back then. I love to watch the shows.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The betting is edging towards Corbin winning. So we might see three title changes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The betting has shifted once more, such that chad Gable and Shelton are planned to win.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The odds are this show will stink

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

The betting has shifted once more, such that chad Gable and Shelton are planned to win.

Considering Ryder is very unlikely to re-sign it is to be expected.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Considering Ryder is very unlikely to re-sign it is to be expected.

When's his deal up? Only one I know that's supposedly soon is Dolph

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

When's his deal up? Only one I know that's supposedly soon is Dolph

Rather soon before year end. Like Dolph.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Midnightghoul posted:

The odds are this show will stink

Odds are I'm going to be drinking which may or may not make the odds of the show decent go up or down

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
On the day his contract expires Zack Ryder will tweet a black and white photo of a checklist of rare funko pops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Would Ryder try to make it on the indies, or is he just gonna quietly retire and start a podcast or something