Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

The true Hitman movie should be like Run Lola Run, where you see the same assassination happen multiple ways.

By this argument the best video game movie is Edge of Tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

The guy who wrote the original novel it is based off of (All You Need Is Kill) was explicitly inspired by video games, yeah.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

haveblue posted:

Darks Souls on Omaha beach with aliens.
Save scuming dialog choices to get the best outcome.
No death challenge run in act 3.

Yup checks out.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bombadilillo posted:

Darks Souls on Omaha beach with aliens.

Seems more like Doom on Ultra-Violence. Or at least some kind of FPS.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Seems more like Doom on Ultra-Violence. Or at least some kind of FPS.

Im thinking more the one mistake deaths and learning enemy placement and how to cheese them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Yes, it is

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lobok posted:

It's not Hollywood. White people in general haven't let in Iranians into their invite-only club.

Shohreh Aghdashloo is probably the most well known Iranian-American actor in the west (she's been in the Expanse, 24, and the Star Trek Movies) and she usually plays Indian or Pakistani characters :saddowns:

And while Iranians are Caucasian and "white," we still look pretty brown even if blue eyes are not totally uncommon.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think the worst thing about the Assassin's Creed movie is that the best things about the games were always inhabiting the old worlds and getting to interact with cool historical figures. I don't even remember anyone in the past sequences in the AC movie getting named.

Frankly there's just too much poo poo to unpack with Assassin's Creed anyway and a ten episode Netflix or HBO series would work a lot better, and give you more time to spend with the fun characters.

Oh yeah, that was the other thing. There were no fun characters. They had Brendan Gleesan, Jeremy Irons, Michael Fassbender, AND loving Marion Cotillard and completely wasted them.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bloodychill posted:

Shohreh Aghdashloo is probably the most well known Iranian-American actor in the west (she's been in the Expanse, 24, and the Star Trek Movies) and she usually plays Indian or Pakistani characters :saddowns:

And while Iranians are Caucasian and "white," we still look pretty brown even if blue eyes are not totally uncommon.

My wife is half white half Indian, and we live in a Persian neighbourhood. The Persians think she's one of them.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Ramagamma posted:

I finally started Arkham Knight and maybe its just because I haven't played an Arkham game since Asylum was released but its rad as hell. Can see the batmobile getting tiresome though.

A good tip for the batmobile woes, is to change the control scheme for the gas/aiming to the other option. It helped me a bunch.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No Mans Sky down to £14, worth a punt?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ramagamma posted:

Yeah, into a dumpster! (it's a bad game)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ramagamma posted:

Do you like games with a grind loop of farm things to make more inventory space to farm things?

If no, don't play this game.
If yes, there are better games out there to do this in.

Don't buy this game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ramagamma posted:

I bought it for around that price and am planning to get to it after Nioh

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bought it for around that price and am planning to get to it after Nioh

Going from one of the best games in a long drat time to one of the worst games in a long drat time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Going from one of the best games in a long drat time to one of the worst games in a long drat time.

But he's playing Nioh first :confused:

😈

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I mean i knew the history that came before it but I thought with the apparent updates that £14 would make it a reasonable punt but it sounds like thats madness, pocketing that £14 towards Persona sounds the safer bet

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Just picked up the white slim from walmart over lunch. The target cartwheel app has 35% off the destiny collection which is already $39, so that will be a good score.

Are there any deals on PS+ cards at the moment?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Shredder posted:

Just picked up the white slim from walmart over lunch. The target cartwheel app has 35% off the destiny collection which is already $39, so that will be a good score.

Are there any deals on PS+ cards at the moment?

Yeah, I'm looking for ps+ cards as well, online codes would be great

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I think they could do a Titan Fall* trilogy and have it be pretty drat good. Cool idea, action focused, lovable robots, time travel combat, smaller robots piloting larger robots.

* 2 obviously.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Spalec posted:

Street fighter is a great comedy movie. Not really faithful to the games from what I know (but lol who cares about a fighting games story).

Also Raul Julia owns as M. Bison so hard.

* makes big speech about power and godhood, gets kicked in the face and dies *

quidditch it and quit it posted:

The best video game movie is The Girl With All The Gifts. More faithful to the source material than most adaptations, too.

I see what you did there ;)

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Call me crazy but I kind of liked Hitman (the first one with Timothy Olyphant, the 2nd one is just garbage).

Olga Kurylenko is so unbelievably gorgeous in that movie that I don't know how the cameras didn't just spontaneously burst into flame, especially during that dinner scene where she shoots Bald Bullock that look. I will watch that movie whenever it comes on just to see the scenes she's in.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm the guy who liked the second hitman. It had some dumb stuff, but I liked how they worked basically every aspect of the games in, and showcased every playstyle. The only scene I really didn't like was the car harpoon zipline sequence. Because, what?!

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

quidditch it and quit it posted:

The best video game movie is The Girl With All The Gifts. More faithful to the source material than most adaptations, too.

I'm sorry but what does this mean? The book is about zombies who think and learn like normal and working this into a cure. Are people thinking this is The Last of Us? Did they change the story for the movie that much?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

No love for OG Tron?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

No love for OG Tron?

Not really.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Ps4 black controller (dualshock 4) issue: The left button is spamming itself regularly (pressing again and again) and for sure, every time I press the left trigger the left button also registers a press.

I've had some limited success with taking ds3 controllers apart and cleaning them. Could I fix this issue by taking the ds4 controller apart or does this mean it's finished?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dude at Gamestop told me he could give me $175 for trading in my OG ps4 for a Pro, so I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. Backing up now (9 hours to go, lol)

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Fix posted:

Dude at Gamestop told me he could give me $175 for trading in my OG ps4 for a Pro, so I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. Backing up now (9 hours to go, lol)

I did this a month or so ago... totally worth it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Spalec posted:

Street fighter is a great comedy movie. Not really faithful to the games from what I know (but lol who cares about a fighting games story).

Also Raul Julia owns as M. Bison so hard.
I also love how the action scenes are like 90% machine gun fights. There's an hadoken or two in there somewhere.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Ps4 black controller (dualshock 4) issue: The left button is spamming itself regularly (pressing again and again) and for sure, every time I press the left trigger the left button also registers a press.

I've had some limited success with taking ds3 controllers apart and cleaning them. Could I fix this issue by taking the ds4 controller apart or does this mean it's finished?

how old is it? original ps4 controllers have poorly designed L/R buttons that get squeaky or sticky. Supposed to have been fixed as of november 2015

if you don't want to fix it, you can always trade it in for a new one. people say gamestop pays well enough for broken controllers for their refurb business but idk from experience myself

there are lots of youtube tutorials out there for fixing it though because it was a common problem on the orginal model

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is the max HDD size still 2TB on the Pro?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Is the max HDD size still 2TB on the Pro?

the max size is the biggest laptop size they make currently i think. in a month or two you can do up to 8 tb's externally when the patch is out

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Real hurthling! posted:

how old is it? original ps4 controllers have poorly designed L/R buttons that get squeaky or sticky. Supposed to have been fixed as of november 2015

if you don't want to fix it, you can always trade it in for a new one. people say gamestop pays well enough for broken controllers for their refurb business but idk from experience myself

there are lots of youtube tutorials out there for fixing it though because it was a common problem on the orginal model

I got it for bloodborne when that was released. Ok thanks I'll search on YouTube for it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

the max size is the biggest laptop size they make currently i think. in a month or two you can do up to 8 tb's externally when the patch is out

Oh, wait, can I just run things off an external drive via USB and keep the stock 1TB drive in there?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when the system update leaves beta yes

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ohhhhh, ok. That makes much better sense. Thanks.

I gotta wonder how this system restore thing is going to go if the old system I'm copying off of hase 1.5TB worth of stuff and I'm doing a restore to a 1TB drive, then. Maybe I ought to keep the old 2TB drive and find a little 512 to plug into the old system before trading it in.

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 13, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SamBishop posted:

Olga Kurylenko is so unbelievably gorgeous in that movie that I don't know how the cameras didn't just spontaneously burst into flame, especially during that dinner scene where she shoots Bald Bullock that look. I will watch that movie whenever it comes on just to see the scenes she's in.

Yeah, I feel the same way about her in Oblivion. She has incredibly natural body language whatever the case.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

socialsecurity posted:

The Doom movie was ok, the first person part was just hilarious.

People vehemently hated this movie. I didn't think it was THAT terrible. I mean, not sure what they expected anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

People vehemently hated this movie. I didn't think it was THAT terrible. I mean, not sure what they expected anyways

Well, for one thing, they could use the proper expansion of "BFG". It was going to be rated R for gore anyway, why hold back on the fanservice.