Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

gret posted:

IIRC Hendrick entered an extra car to start and park to ensure Jeff the championship.

He entered two extra, but Jack Sprague DNQed in the 59. Jeff Purvis ran the 58, which I don't think ended up finishing last.

I didn't know until yesterday Jimmy Horton was supposed to drive the 58 but then ran the ARCA race and it didn't go so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

LASTCAR posted:

Watkins Glen?

yup

CBJSprague24 posted:

He entered two extra, but Jack Sprague DNQed in the 59. Jeff Purvis ran the 58, which I don't think ended up finishing last.

I didn't know until yesterday Jimmy Horton was supposed to drive the 58 but then ran the ARCA race and it didn't go so well.

yeah that was the year he got his brains scrambled

fucker is still leading the OCFS points atm

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

LASTCAR posted:

Watkins Glen?

the aqua guard rails is a dead giveaway

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

big nipples big life posted:

the aqua guard rails is a dead giveaway

Guardrails in general in 1975.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
bravo on the Darlington commercial music, NBC

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
No one post during a Bristol Race.

RIP NASCAR

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

daslog posted:

No one post during a Bristol Race.

RIP NASCAR

To be fair there's a lot of posting going on in the discord chat.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also Bristol loving sucks.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I'm posting but in GBS

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Peanut President posted:

Also Bristol loving sucks.

This race doesn't.

Unless Kyle Busch wins, then I'm changing my opinion to it being A Bad Race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

We still have an IRC channel if anybody doesn't prefer Discord: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thread title

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Thanks nobody for helping Erik at all

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

WindyMan posted:

Unless Kyle Busch wins, then I'm changing my opinion to it being A Bad Race.

What a terrible race that was.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Good race bad winner.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
he is the greatest troll in racing and it owns

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

He didn't win the modified race so it wasn't a sweep though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

I do appreciate his embrace of the heel role.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

I do appreciate his embrace of the heel role.

he really does remind me of DW

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

“Troll” implies some level of agency. Kyle is just a piece of poo poo who has no control over his emotions.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I would counter that most trolls are broke brained morans like the two of us

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

At least we’re doing some of it on purpose.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Divine Styler posted:

KB going for the weekend sweep. Bristol under the lights is my favorite race of the year. Rowdy nation!

Good posting. :boobeer:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Gonna drop a hot take here.

Kyle Busch fans just seem to be the last grasp of the "treating my driver like an NFL team" mindset that I saw pop up during the 90's and 2000's.

That's not even cool in a Tifosi way. It's dumb.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
dude I have literally seen groups of fans rumble at a dirt track before

racing fans as a rule are dumb as gently caress

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

dude I have literally seen groups of fans rumble at a dirt track before

racing fans as a rule are dumb as gently caress

Yeah I'm just frustrated.

How are you doing man? In a new GBS thread?

When are you gonna show up in the discord chat?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I'm doing alright since the crackdown, lol dudes got wrecked because they don't know how to be funny and/or when to stop

I never really cared for Discord but maybe I'll hop in IRC next week

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

I'm doing alright since the crackdown, lol dudes got wrecked because they don't know how to be funny and/or when to stop

Speaking of things that aren't funny, whoever is buying you avatars forgets your tags :argh:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

FuzzySkinner posted:

Gonna drop a hot take here.

Kyle Busch fans just seem to be the last grasp of the "treating my driver like an NFL team" mindset that I saw pop up during the 90's and 2000's.

That's not even cool in a Tifosi way. It's dumb.

So edgy!!!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

You should show up on discord man.

I wonder if iospace, pnut or kidc could set up a dirt channel for you?

I'm currently in a pissing match in cspam..man things suck right now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the thing separating Kyle and DW is that Kyle doesn't seem to have a sense of humor about himself, or anything at all

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the thing separating Kyle and DW is that Kyle doesn't seem to have a sense of humor about himself, or anything at all

I like his brother more for some reason.

I'm fully aware of what his brother did fwiw.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

iospace posted:

Speaking of things that aren't funny, whoever is buying you avatars forgets your tags :argh:

I know they are loving dumb

Feels Villeneuve posted:

DW in the early 80's wasn't the silly guy we all know now, he was a total poo poo talker and half the time he was grumpy as hell

he changed once Stevie got him to stop drinking and be all religious

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

How many times did he try to kill people racing in lower series to pad his wins and set records no one gives a poo poo about

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

I'm posting but in GBS

New avatar, so it checks out.

iospace posted:

Except me: I PM'd you immediately* to put them back.

*after Kidc since I apparently was too drunk to PM properly.

"Uhhh, I'm not a mod?"
:doh:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

How many times did he try to kill people racing in lower series to pad his wins and set records no one gives a poo poo about

lol remember when DW turned Davey at Pocono and almost killed him

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

I know they are loving dumb

DW in the early 80's wasn't the silly guy we all know now, he was a total poo poo talker and half the time he was grumpy as hell

he changed once Stevie got him to stop drinking and be all religious

Stevie really seems like a good person

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
they've done a really good job at hiding DW's past of getting into fistfights at short tracks and taking the cops on high speed chases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DW wasn't a soggy pissbaby though

• Locked thread