Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I personally wouldn't pick up DJ unless my league had an IR slot. Joe Mixon I would definitely pick up. Maybe a $30 bid? I just started using FAAB this year so I'm not too keen on the values yet.

Drop Richardson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

I would, especially if you have some WR depth. I think Fournette has a good chance to be a top-5 RB this year.

'Ppreciate the feedback. I have Evans as my WR1 and my WR2s are interchangeably-serviceable: Tyrell Williams, Corey Coleman and Ginn.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZIGfried posted:

Joe Mixon and David Johnson got dropped in the Purge today. No IR slot. Who would you drop and how much of $92 FAAB would you use? Thinking Richardson and JC

IMO Powell and Charles are droppable for Mixon and DJ.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

ZIGfried posted:

Joe Mixon and David Johnson got dropped in the Purge today. No IR slot. Who would you drop and how much of $92 FAAB would you use? Thinking Richardson and JC

$8-$15 for Mixon and sub $5 for DJ

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Thanks for the advice goons. I'll probably put in a low teens bid for Mixon. As tempting as DJ is, I'll probably focus on making the playoffs before building my playoff roster. If he's there in ~4 weeks and my record is looking good I'll probably revisit.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

IMO Powell and Charles are droppable for Mixon and DJ.

I think it's a little early to give up on Powell, though the Jets situation does seem like a black hole.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So this is what I'm rolling with now. 14 team 1 PPR

QB - Mariota, Rivers
RB - Monty, Hunt, Blount, Riddick, Cohen, Buck Allen, DJ
WR - Tyreek, Alshon, Parker, Crowder, Moncrief
TE - Ertz
K - None yet
D/ST - Raiders

I'm trying to trade away Rivers for a RB. I really don't want to drop one of the QBs and I refuse to drop DJ because I know someone will snag him. When it comes time to grab a kicker, should I just drop Blount for one?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Should I trade Gillislee for ODB if I get the chance? For reference, my guys:

0PPR
RB: Freeman, Murray, Gillislee, Gore, Abdullah, Coleman
WR: Cooper, Allen, Fitzgerald, Hogan, Marvin Jones

If he wants another WR as well, who do I throw in?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doppelganger posted:

0PPR

I'd give him Allen and hell yes my man

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'd drop Riddick over Blount. Don't think he'll ever see the field for you, even on a bye.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doppelganger posted:

0PPR

Of course you should.
Feel free to throw in any of those WR's besides Cooper.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It feels like Christmas morning. Got Cohen AND Golladay both in 2 leagues, as well as the Jacksonville D.

Ehhh they play Titans (not startable), Ravens (middle of the pack), Jets (fantastic start!), then Steelers (not startable). Not worth holding them through the next couple games just to get to Jets.

ZIGfried posted:

Definitely drop JC for Mixon.

Doppelganger posted:

0PPR

Definitely any receiver after Allen, maaaaybe Allen but he's going to be awesome. I mean yeah, probably Allen also, but try not to have to do that.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Diqnol posted:

I'd give him Allen and hell yes my man

RCarr posted:

Of course you should.
Feel free to throw in any of those WR's besides Cooper.
Dig it. Mainly just double checking that ODB's ankle isn't looking like something horrendous.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Ehhh they play Titans (not startable), Ravens (middle of the pack), Jets (fantastic start!), then Steelers (not startable). Not worth holding them through the next couple games just to get to Jets.

Definitely drop JC for Mixon.

Definitely any receiver after Allen, maaaaybe Allen but he's going to be awesome. I mean yeah, probably Allen also, but try not to have to do that.

If he offers fitz the other guy probably declines.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

So I have both Allen Robinson and Danny Woodhead (RIP, at least I have T. West?). Who should I be aiming for most off waivers? 12-person team, 1 ppr. C. Thompson, C. Carson, S. Vereen, G. Bernard, Kamara, and old-time favorites like Charmander and C. Sims are out there. Thoughts?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Probably Thompson imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's really weird to me how many people in this thread apparently don't have Thielen. Did people just expect a drop off for some reason?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

First week of waivers have now processed.

Buck Allen went for $35. My $31 bid just barely missed out.

Giorgio Tavecchio also went for $35. My $0 bid was left in the dust.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

So this is what I'm rolling with now. 14 team 1 PPR

QB - Mariota, Rivers
RB - Monty, Hunt, Blount, Riddick, Cohen, Buck Allen, DJ
WR - Tyreek, Alshon, Parker, Crowder, Moncrief
TE - Ertz
K - None yet
D/ST - Raiders

I'm trying to trade away Rivers for a RB. I really don't want to drop one of the QBs and I refuse to drop DJ because I know someone will snag him. When it comes time to grab a kicker, should I just drop Blount for one?

I'd drop Riddick or Moncrief over Blount currently.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arcturas posted:

So I have both Allen Robinson and Danny Woodhead (RIP, at least I have T. West?). Who should I be aiming for most off waivers? 12-person team, 1 ppr. C. Thompson, C. Carson, S. Vereen, G. Bernard, Kamara, and old-time favorites like Charmander and C. Sims are out there. Thoughts?

Thompson and Kamara for me, then probably Bernard.

IcePhoenix posted:

It's really weird to me how many people in this thread apparently don't have Thielen. Did people just expect a drop off for some reason?

Diggs staying healthy, Treadwell maybe eventually having an impact, Vikings having a run game again with Cook. I dunno, it's also usually just a decent decision to fade guys that modestly breakout out of nowhere.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

I'd drop Riddick or Moncrief over Blount currently.

Boosh! posted:

I'd drop Riddick over Blount. Don't think he'll ever see the field for you, even on a bye.

Why does everyone want to drop Riddick? He's a PPR machine and the Lions are constantly targeting him in the red zone.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RVProfootballer posted:

Treadwell maybe eventually having an impact

hahahahahahahahahahaha

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Diqnol posted:

Eh, Kamara had the snaps but his runs under center were meh. I like him, but I think Sproles has a higher floor at this point and Kamara remains a wait-and-see.

I also have Thompson so he's a flex contender but the question stands a bit- is it bad to have QB, TE, RB from the same team?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Boosh! posted:

It's 1 PPR. I absolutely would not drop Riddick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZIGfried posted:

Thanks for the advice goons. I'll probably put in a low teens bid for Mixon. As tempting as DJ is, I'll probably focus on making the playoffs before building my playoff roster. If he's there in ~4 weeks and my record is looking good I'll probably revisit.

I think it's a little early to give up on Powell, though the Jets situation does seem like a black hole.

DJ has guaranteed value; I would absolutely keep him. Powell doesn't seem like someone who will give value in any situation.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RisqueBarber posted:

Why does everyone want to drop Riddick? He's a PPR machine and the Lions are constantly targeting him in the red zone.

Yeah I appreciate everyone's thoughts, but I don't think dropping Riddick is an option for me. I might consider Moncrief, but I wanted to wait and see if he had some good chemistry with Brisett.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I would have been happy to get him but I got sniped in one draft and others reached in the others.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I appreciate everyone's thoughts, but I don't think dropping Riddick is an option for me. I might consider Moncrief, but I wanted to wait and see if he had some good chemistry with Brisett.

I didn't see the 1ppr my bad

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DJ has guaranteed value; I would absolutely keep him. Powell doesn't seem like someone who will give value in any situation.

I wouldn't say guaranteed value, what's to say the cards are like 5-8 when he's ready to come back, will they still take him off IR with minimal chances of sniffing the playoffs? Either way I'd say he's still worth picking up, but no means guaranteed to help you.

Forte still looked heavily involved, but he's old and is often injured now. Richardson and JC are the best drops imo.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 13, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did everyone miss the memo where Arians said he probably won't have DJ back until Christmas? I don't think we're seeing him again this season (or at least in the fantasy season).

Instead of "saving him for the playoffs" maybe use that bench spot on a guy who can actually help you get in the playoffs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VietCampo posted:

I wouldn't say guaranteed value, what's to say the cards are like 5-8 when he's ready to come back, will they still take him off IR with minimal chances of sniffing the playoffs? Either way I'd say he's still worth picking up, but no means guaranteed to help you.

Forte still looked heavily involved, but he's old and is often injured now. Richardson and JC are the best drops imo.

If the cards are 5-8, it's week 15 already and it wasn't worth keeping him. I think most people stashing DJ are hoping for a ~6 week recovery.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I spent over half my FAAB on Cohen and Buck. I only had Mixon, AP, and Abdulah so it was needed. Praying.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I grabbed Buck in 3 leagues and felt dirty doing it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I want Yahoo's fantasy sports API to start working again. What's the point of having an API if it's down when needed most?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
K.Wright
R.Anderson
P.Richardson

Which would you drop to get Crowder?

I know Chicago is not the best passing offense but I'd kinda like to wait and see about Wright, so I'm leaning Anderson or Richardson.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

decypher posted:

K.Wright
R.Anderson
P.Richardson

Which would you drop to get Crowder?

I know Chicago is not the best passing offense but I'd kinda like to wait and see about Wright, so I'm leaning Anderson or Richardson.

Anderson

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

well this is interesting. In the league I commish I outbid on a player but still lost him. I bid 65, he bid 50.

Brought it up to the league but its still early in the morning so I doubt it gets picked up until later. I had the money to spend too. :/

Was the player you were dropping involved in another add?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm riding Tavecchio to the motherfucking playoffs, bish

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

Did everyone miss the memo where Arians said he probably won't have DJ back until Christmas? I don't think we're seeing him again this season (or at least in the fantasy season).

Instead of "saving him for the playoffs" maybe use that bench spot on a guy who can actually help you get in the playoffs.

That particular memo is definitely something I missed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm riding Tavecchio to the motherfucking playoffs, bish

And what, may I ask, is a Tavecchio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That particular memo is definitely something I missed.

I saw it, but I just figured that Arians was just talking to talk. Everything I've seen has said first week of December, which I think is Week 12 or 13. I'm holding onto him in both my leagues unless I can work out a steal of a trade.

• Locked thread