Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Horrific thought: If the Clones were created with a goal to wipe out the Jedi, what if Omega was created to wipe out the Clones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Horrific thought: If the Clones were created with a goal to wipe out the Jedi, what if Omega was created to wipe out the Clones?

Would seem superfluous for the majority of clones given their installed chip. Presumably there's a kill switch of sorts that can basically put clones "to sleep"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The empire just said they ain't gonna buy more clones and the clones are gonna turn into old men super fast, then Omega will John wick all the geriatric clones

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

fartknocker posted:

What scenario leads to Hunter recreating the high points of First Blood? With his look, it feels inevitable.

I like even Wrecker has enough sense to put on a farmers hat when they are supposed to be keeping a low profile, and Hunter won’t remove his bandana with the skull insignia. Would have been fun if it led to a Russell Crowe in Les Mis outcome where he’s arrested immediately.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I like even Wrecker has enough sense to put on a farmers hat when they are supposed to be keeping a low profile, and Hunter won’t remove his bandana with the skull insignia. Would have been fun if it led to a Russell Crowe in Les Mis outcome where he’s arrested immediately.

Removing the bandana does nothing to cover up the massive skull tattoo on his face

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wrecker immediately starts living his Stardew Valley life

Larryb posted:

Omega doesn’t seem that bad at the moment at least.

That whole "what is this?" "Dirt" was terrible.

I get they are trying to show how sheltered she is but yeeesh that was awful.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Bad Batch clones were created when the Kaminoans noticed a genetic deviation and instead of fixing it or flushing the embryo, they enhanced it, right? That means that Omega's super enhancement is "girl."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Its Rinaldo posted:

That whole "what is this?" "Dirt" was terrible.

I get they are trying to show how sheltered she is but yeeesh that was awful.

She was born and raised in a cloning facility that's completely isolated on a water planet in a perpetual storm, lmao. I thought it was harmless. How was it awful?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Davros1 posted:

Removing the bandana does nothing to cover up the massive skull tattoo on his face

I initially thought it was facepaint. But is it a tattoo, or a "birthmark"?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I initially thought it was facepaint. But is it a tattoo, or a "birthmark"?
I’m assuming it’s a tattoo like Jesse’s, though I’m sure we’ll find out at some point.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Urdnot Fire posted:

I’m assuming it’s a tattoo like Jesse’s, though I’m sure we’ll find out at some point.

There’s an episode later this season where Hunter has a flashback to the time he met Bana Breemu on Kashyyyk and got his tattoo.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bana_Breemu/Legends

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I just assumed it was some sort of hyper-pigmentation given his eyebrow on that side is albino. oh god it isnt its a normal eyebrow

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Larryb posted:

It’s been said before but Solo is a waste of a really good cast in my opinion (though the movie is watchable enough I suppose)

I’ve never actually read any of the Star Wars novelizations but I’ve heard good things about the ROTS one at least, any others any of you would recommend?

There is a book that is just all three of the OT novelizations in one book; makes a really good gift for star wars fans. The prequal trilogy novelizations, much like watching the clone wars cartoon, makes the movies a little better when or if you rewatch them. The OT books have a little bit of extra story; like I want to say theres a bit of Luke hanging out with his friends making plans to go to Tosche station but I might be conflating that with the weird 80's comic books or something.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Natroga posted:

Not to kick a hornet's nest here, but why is Caleb Dume white? Like, that took me out more than the voice or the changes to the backstory.
He's based on a pasty Irish nerd who is friends with the art director from Rebels via the 501st and NYCC. It was a bit of a joke back when Rebels was airing in a Dublin comic shop that his wife figured it out before he did.

Jerkface posted:

They tried! Phasma orders him to the barracks for reconditioning at the start of episode 7 but he escapes with Poe
She actually mentions later that he did go for reconditioning right in the middle of the blown up TIE fighter falling out of the sky.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I feel like a loving idiot for not realizing Hunter’s tattoo was a goddamn skull until reading about it on this page. I just thought it was generic Rambo-style camo and the skull bandana was just another action hero riff.

He’s even got a skull on his loving helmet :cripes:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sekhmnet posted:

The OT books have a little bit of extra story; like I want to say theres a bit of Luke hanging out with his friends making plans to go to Tosche station but I might be conflating that with the weird 80's comic books or something.

Is that more or less the cut (but filmed) scene of Luke with his friends from ANH?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f00IkrWvur4&t=93s

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The novelisation of Star Wars was based on an earlier script and so has more of Luke on Tatooine, Jabba, a longer Death Star assault and Luke's squadron being Blue and not Red.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

teagone posted:

She was born and raised in a cloning facility that's completely isolated on a water planet in a perpetual storm, lmao. I thought it was harmless. How was it awful?

There are ways to point that out without making her look so dumb she doesn't know what dirt is. Talk about the feel of earth or how she finally experienced temperature change or what a breeze in her hair is like. Make it poignant. She's this precocious wunder girl but wasn't taught what soil is? Something on a huge percentage of habitual worlds? It beggers belief and just makes Omega look like an idiot.

I'd cut her some slack but this isn't the first annoying child barnacle to a series cast in Star Wars animated and I just resign myself to suffer through the seasons until they aren't annoying. It's a pattern.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 9, 2021

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He’s even got a skull on his loving helmet :cripes:

A nice little detail in this and TCW is that for the most part if a clone has a face tattoo they have the same design on their helmet. Makes them easy to tell apart even when they're all suited up.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I think we can all agree it will be really dumb and lazy if Omega's deal is that she's a force-sensitive clone.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I doubt she’s force-sensitive because that’s too close to Mando & Grogu, but maybe she’s just telepathic or super perceptive or something along those lines.

Or maybe Jango wasn’t the only human donor sample the Kaminoans used and Omega is actually the first in a line of new clones.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I doubt she’s force-sensitive because that’s too close to Mando & Grogu, but maybe she’s just telepathic or super perceptive or something along those lines.

Or maybe Jango wasn’t the only human donor sample the Kaminoans used and Omega is actually the first in a line of new clones.

"What shall we name this girl, first in a new line of clones?"
"How about Omega? It's Greek for 'last in a series'."
"Perfect! Also, who are the Greek? I'm not familiar with that species."

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Its Rinaldo posted:

There are ways to point that out without making her look so dumb she doesn't know what dirt is. Talk about the feel of earth or how she finally experienced temperature change or what a breeze in her hair is like. Make it poignant. She's this precocious wunder girl but wasn't taught what soil is? Something on a huge percentage of habitual worlds? It beggers belief and just makes Omega look like an idiot.

I'd cut her some slack but this isn't the first annoying child barnacle to a series cast in Star Wars animated and I just resign myself to suffer through the seasons until they aren't annoying. It's a pattern.
She should have talked about how space is cold, and how she hates sand.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Davros1 posted:

She's the carrier to disperse REXDIE.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arquinsiel posted:

She should have talked about how space is cold, and how she hates sand.

Can't believe Luke was Omega all along

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't believe Luke was Omega all along
One of the funniest bits in the entire franchise right there.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

One of the funniest bits in the entire franchise right there.

It's pretty good, yeah, but the cowards cut out the actual funniest bit of the entire franchise:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Alchenar posted:

I think we can all agree it will be really dumb and lazy if Omega's deal is that she's a force-sensitive clone.

It’s probably this though and like Grogu, it will be one of 10 different plots that tie into the dumb Palpatine stuff. Like the old eu deathstar plans mess but for a new generation.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moon Slayer posted:

It's pretty good, yeah, but the cowards cut out the actual funniest bit of the entire franchise:

lol I've never seen that, that's hilarious

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Spookydonut posted:

I just assumed it was some sort of hyper-pigmentation given his eyebrow on that side is albino. oh god it isnt its a normal eyebrow

Thank god it wasn't just me, then. That's what made me think it was a birthmark.

Then I googled pictures of Hunter's face and realised it's just a thin line of unpainted skin around the eyebrow.

So, yeah, I'm going to say the goon who said it was a tattoo was right on the money here.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

Is that from TCW? The artstyle looks a bit different

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Larryb posted:

Is that from TCW? The artstyle looks a bit different

It was a production still

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, Clone Wars was cancelled so suddenly that they had voice work and rough animation already completed for like a good six episodes, including the Bad Batch arc.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah, Clone Wars was cancelled so suddenly that they had voice work and rough animation already completed for like a good six episodes, including the Bad Batch arc.

Out of curiosity, how did the show manage to get revived after that?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, how did the show manage to get revived after that?

Dave Filoni held a gun to Baby Yoda's head

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

For real though, having a large, vocal fan base, and Filoni getting more and more clout at Disney for continuing to print them money.

Still a major shame that people missed out on this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Moon Slayer posted:

For real though, having a large, vocal fan base, and Filoni getting more and more clout at Disney for continuing to print them money.

Still a major shame that people missed out on this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg

On the one hand, a scene with them diving into Ahsoka's decision to leave the Order would have been good. But in the context provided, the dialogue about Anakin being a failure and disappointment is a little too on the nose for my liking. Especially for season 7.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I imagine some "Anakin doesn't turn to the Dark Side" AU would be like

Ahsoka successfully reaches Anakin in time, Anakin helps Mace Windu, Mace Windu succumbs to the dark side after the Jedi secure the Senate while saying "I am the Council". Ahsoka, Anakin, and Yoda take him on together, then Obi-Wan comes back from killing Grievous all "what did I miss". Anakin opens himself to getting help, Ahsoka acts as an outside advisor for reforming the Jedi, and the Republic passes a law removing all the inhibitor chips. That or Anakin and Ahsoka join Rex on a vigilante mission to remove all the inhibitor chips, but Obi-Wan would refuse to join them. Then there's one last mission where Darth Maul finds out about Order 66 so their missions intersect again, and at the end of it Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme are standing together and there's some line like "I don't know what happens next, but when it does, this time we'll face it together".

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Most of the not-quite-finished clone wars stuff has been released in some capacity. The Bad Batch episodes existed as story reels with mostly-complete VA, and that got cleaned up into what we got in S7, along with them finishing up "Ahsoka's Walkabout" and "siege of Mandalore". Two story arcs set to focus on Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress got adapted into a novel, Dark Disciple, and a four episode arc about Maul was turned into one of the final comics Dark Horse did before the comic rights went back to Marvel.

The only big exception has been the Crystal Crisis arc, which was in the same level of Almost Done as the Bad Batch, but never got finished up for final release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Omega isn't old enough to try to act cool and disinterested in things yet. Knowing about something isn't the same as experiencing it the first time. As soon as the shuttle's ramp touched down, I said to my wife, "Omega is going to freak out about dirt," and was correct because it was the absolutely natural character reaction.