Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

If you like that, listen to Blaise Bailey Finnegan III by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. It's an 18-minute post-rock track that heavily samples a lunatic beat poet ranting about how this country is awful and insane. It's raw unfiltered hatred at levels Chapo Trap House has only ever suggested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rczZTD13YkY

we are trapped in the belly of the machine and it is bleeding to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

Into the Spiderverse was good as hell

It was the best movie of 2018 and it wasn’t particularly close

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Yeah I agree it's faggy for art to appeal to the full spectrum of emotion and experience, better just derive my entire personality and taste from the cumfart ironic racism boiz
wow your tantrum is definitely gonna convince me to watch your baby shows lmao

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sleeveless posted:

Becoming a de facto general chat thread for the people who can't cut it in any of the numerous political chat threads on this site is not surprising but still disappointing.
I know the "Imagine thinking..." meme is played out but seriously, I cannot imagine thinking this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Annihilation and The First Purge were both better

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Gripweed posted:

Annihilation and The First Purge were both better

yeah Annihilation was pretty great. Rainbow horror is the best horror, it turns out

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Assassination Nation and Aquaman were close, and I'd argue Assassination Nation was better.

Serf
May 5, 2011

sorry to bother you was the best film of 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Serf posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Burning was the best movie of 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Suspiria :colbert:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Serf posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

you absolute ignoramuses, the best movie of 2018 was Twisted Pair and its not even close

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Serf posted:

I Before E posted:

I'd argue Assassination Nation was better.

Both true

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Heath posted:

yep.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Heath posted:

pretty much yeah

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
But Suspiria came out in 1977? :confused:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

You're not wrong but also you are because it was sorry to bother you

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

MonsieurChoc posted:

But Suspiria came out in 1977? :confused:

If you're not trolling and you haven't seen the 2018 one with Tilda Swinton go watch it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was actually Mission Impossible: Fallout.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Imagine supporting Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology in 2020.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh neat, another Felix and Lucy episode is coming up soon, which means its another This is Sus Extended Universe I'll actually bother to listen to.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
it's getting to where I'm going to have to watch the bullshit Felix is talking about

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If any episode of This is Sus is pushing you toward watching this trash than I can safely say you’re a serial masochist. The reason I love This is Sus is because I see the commercials for these shows at my moms house and think “there’s no way that’s not impossibly bad” so Felix is doing all the work and just giving me the good stuff.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the slap is actually enjoyable, but i only watched the first episode. unless spock keeps slapping children in every episode i don't see how it could continue to be watchable

also i refuse to believe that a show with the title "council of dads" is not a comedy that involves kevin james. its just not possible

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

To take another TrueAnon detour I've started listening from the beginning and holy poo poo Braces "Russian" accent in ep 7 had me laughing so hard. Brace owns.

Serf
May 5, 2011

also i watched that show y'all were talking about, the midnight gospel and it was amusing. the episode where the west memphis three guy talks about learning magic in prison is hilarious and good study in the power of harnessing your mental illness to better your life. it reminded me of the chapo ep where they interview alan moore and he rambles about his magical secrets

i would much rather listen to brace interview the prison sorcerer now tho

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cillizzacnn/status/1260561891702837249?s=21

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Speaking of the new episode, the only thing I can think of to compare to Steve Donziger's situation is the Molly Maguires trial in the bad old days of late 19th century labour activism. A railroad company launched the investigation with private detectives, their private police force arrested the activists, and they manipulated the courts so that the company president was the special prosecutor. "The state furnished only the courtroom and the gallows."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he killed her though

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Halloween Jack posted:

Speaking of the new episode, the only thing I can think of to compare to Steve Donziger's situation is the Molly Maguires trial in the bad old days of late 19th century labour activism. A railroad company launched the investigation with private detectives, their private police force arrested the activists, and they manipulated the courts so that the company president was the special prosecutor. "The state furnished only the courtroom and the gallows."

Just hit the private prosecutor part and flashed directly to trials of IWW organizers and the Mollies during the labor wars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Heath posted:

If you're not trolling and you haven't seen the 2018 one with Tilda Swinton go watch it

I wasn,t trolling, just joking around. ;)

The remake is great but don't forget the original.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

he killed her though

trump: power speaking truth to power

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

sexpig by night posted:

he killed her though

yeah but he got away with it and it was so long ago that it's rude to point it out
mourning joe is absolutely part of some pedophile ring or something though, someone has video of him doing something deeply wrong and that's why he's been allowed back into society

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Heath posted:

Wait are we doing best movie of the year or funniest 'tilda swinton playing a naked crying old man with a hilarious accent' scene of the year because obviously it wins that

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's the Talking Heads you're all swine all of you

:rip: Virgil

He's in, like, rehab or something right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

My only regret is that I have but 4 Pinocchios to give

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The funniest part is that Trump is not lying for once.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

this mfer said "*the* Talking Heads"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

The name of the band is Talking Heads

Also The Replacements are better