Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Phwoar, what a team, strong choice for WCC 2018 OP.

I would fight for a Kubica/di Resta line-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Well they could go for Kvyat or Palmer!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I think the only reason Kvyat and Wehrlein are in the conversation is so they build relationships with multiple options in case they need to drop Stroll after next season.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

I think the only reason Kvyat and Wehrlein are in the conversation is so they build relationships with multiple options in case they need to drop Stroll after next season.

Lol Indiana

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Well they could go for Kvyat or Palmer!

Palmer was laughed away and Kvyat I think was very quickly looked at and decided is a no-go.

With Massa's retirement official it's down to di Resta and Kubica.

:toxx: Please tack on another month in the event of Williams deciing NOT to go with EITHER di Resta or Kubica on top of my existing toxx of 1 month if they don't go with Kubica :toxx:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Palmer was laughed away and Kvyat I think was very quickly looked at and decided is a no-go.

With Massa's retirement official it's down to di Resta and Kubica.

:toxx: Please tack on another month in the event of Williams deciing NOT to go with EITHER di Resta or Kubica on top of my existing toxx of 1 month if they don't go with Kubica :toxx:

Hell, same.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Lol Indiana

Shut up it’s basketball season

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

iospace posted:

He's currently 16 points up on them.
Stroll 2017 points vs McLaren 2017 points should be in the offseason thread title, that's just amazing

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Lance Stroll is garbage and the sooner you accept this the sooner we can help you heal.

Great post op

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stroll isn’t good but he’s also at Williams’ exact level because they are a terrible team.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Hell, same.

Count me in

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stroll owns. Podium in his rookie season. Youngest front row starter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Di Resta has to be the least interesting driver to ever reach 50 GP starts ever, except maybe Buemi.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Stroll isn’t good but he’s also at Williams’ exact level because they are a terrible team.

I think Williams are not quite as bad as they look because both of their drivers are Very Bad.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I'm sorry to see you've inherited your mother's whore mouth.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Williams sucks, if Stroll was in Red Bull he'd be winning just as much as Max.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm sorry to see you've inherited your father's whore mouth.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think Williams are not quite as bad as they look because both of their drivers are Very Bad.

Very possible

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think that car was rear end and designed by a guy who knew he was six months from retirement.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

After all his hissy fits I don't think Massa should be allowed to say he retired. He lost his seat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm so drat hyped to see Paddy Lowe in Williams and he's going to bring the team back to the front of the grid. Just as he worked his magic to make Mercedes thje powerhouse that it is he's going to do the same with Williams.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

After all his hissy fits I don't think Massa should be allowed to say he retired. He lost his seat.

I agree. A double retirement is retarded. Will be interesting to see if the pits have the same reaction at the end of his last race as Brazil 2016...probably not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm so drat hyped to see Paddy Lowe in Williams and he's going to bring the team back to the front of the grid. Just as he worked his magic to make Mercedes thje powerhouse that it is he's going to do the same with Williams.

He fuckin better, it's embarrassing how comprehensively they've been beaten by Force India.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Here's a wacky silly season scenario: Sauber add Leclerc but retain Ericsson, and Ferrari convinces Haas to dump Grosjean for Giovinazzi.

E: So uh who was asking about the Rosberg article on Motorsport Prime?

wicka fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 4, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Here's a wacky silly season scenario: Sauber add Leclerc but retain Ericsson, and Ferrari convinces Haas to dump Grosjean for Giovinazzi.

I see Magnussen getting dumped before Grosjean otherwise that's pretty plausible.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

wicka posted:

He fuckin better, it's embarrassing how comprehensively they've been beaten by Force India.

Force India’s budget is about $40M less than Williams, about 20% less as a percentage.

They spend less per WCC point than any other team, $1.84M per point compared to $5.04M for Williams.

Otmar Szafnauer is not a bellend.

Williams are only operating on their name’s former glory, probably why they’re interested in Kubica.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Whitey Ford posted:

Force India’s budget is about $40M less than Williams, about 20% less as a percentage.

They spend less per WCC point than any other team, $1.84M per point compared to $5.04M for Williams.

Otmar Szafnauer is not a bellend.

Williams are only operating on their name’s former glory, probably why they’re interested in Kubica.

You son of a bitch.

Williams hasn't had a stable leader in the technical role in a while. I mean, hell, they hired Mike Couglan the dude from McLaren's spyg------

quote:

operating on their name’s former glory

quote:

name's former glory

quote:

former glory

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

That's a little unfair to Force India.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

E: So uh who was asking about the Rosberg article on Motorsport Prime?

I definitely was and wanna read that poo poo

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The Fiat 500 is a loving terrible bin of a car

I did this to the other halfs 500.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I'll come out of the closet here and say that I love my massive 875 cc twinair.

horrendous suspension, though

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

I definitely was and wanna read that poo poo

Y'all need PMs

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Y'all need PMs

I'm pretty sure I have PMs.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

gret posted:

I'm pretty sure I have PMs.

same

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

For those of you who constantly derail the thread with all your "knowing about cars" poo poo: if I wanted to buy some kinda sporty hatchback next year, what would you recommend?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

For those of you who constantly derail the thread with all your "knowing about cars" poo poo: if I wanted to buy some kinda sporty hatchback next year, what would you recommend?

1984 Volkswagen Scirocco with the later twin cam engine swapped in.

I happen to know of one available in an impound lot 3 hours from me that was seized in a police pursuit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

1984 Volkswagen Scirocco with the later twin cam engine swapped in.

I happen to know of one available in an impound lot 3 hours from me that was seized in a police pursuit.

god dammit i knew this would happen

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Y'all need PMs

I'm far too cheap for that

wicka posted:

Budget and location? aka, asl...asking for a dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

god dammit i knew this would happen

yeah clearly you should get a Corrado VR6 instead

• Locked thread