Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

evilweasel posted:

since i was curious about what this was, it is apparently:

seems like a relatively good idea on their part, plenty of kids who want to buy a booster that will have a much higher chance of going in their deck would be interested. grognards, less so.

I mean yeah, but it seems weird to almost charge double the mrsp just to get to pick the color of your rare/mythic slot.

It would have been cooler if they did the entire pack the color of choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
That doesn't seem like the worst thing for ~ 1.5 a pack cost.

You come out ahead on uncommons and slightly ahead on commons by cost. Obviously you lose at the rare slot but there's lots of power and functionality in the uncommon slot now so it seems fine?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sickening posted:

I mean yeah, but it seems weird to almost charge double the mrsp just to get to pick the color of your rare/mythic slot.

It would have been cooler if they did the entire pack the color of choice.

for dominaria, if you're just cracking packs for your collection rather than buying singles (i.e. not trying to maximize EV, just trying to maximize how many fun cards you have), trading one rare for six more uncommons isn't that bad a bargain

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
So just opened the packs wizards sent me as a sorry for messing up FTV: From the Vault. I opened 2 fatal push, a cavern of souls, an abrupt decay and a foil marsh flats. Thanks for the free money, Wizards.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Owlbear Camus posted:

This is like, 1.0 but what I came up with:

3 Yawgmoth's Vile Offering (DAR) 114
7 Swamp (RIX) 194
3 Naban, Dean of Iteration (DAR) 58
5 Island (RIX) 193
4 Champion of Wits (HOU) 31
2 The Scarab God (HOU) 145
3 Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh (HOU) 140
1 Mountain (RIX) 195
1 Karn, Scion of Urza (DAR) 1
3 Settle the Score (DAR) 103
3 Liliana, Death's Majesty (AKH) 97
2 Wizard's Retort (DAR) 75
3 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
3 The Eldest Reborn (DAR) 90
1 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Fetid Pools (AKH) 243
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
2 Field of Ruin (XLN) 254
2 Caligo Skin-Witch (DAR) 80
2 Cast Down (DAR) 81
1 Whisper, Blood Liturgist (DAR) 111
1 Josu Vess, Lich Knight (DAR) 95

Also, it's in Arena so I don't have access to Kaladesh block. When I make it in paper at a minimum I will probably add a Baral or three.

Baral is busted in this deck. You want Baral, as a 4-of. You have a lot of ways to 'cycle' away stuff you don't want, but you definitely want Baral when you can get him.

I also like Supreme Will in this deck - it makes his second mode relevant and it also lets you find Offering or Land, and even lets you Mana Leak when you have Baral out.

Deck: Grixis Yawgmoth's Vile Offering

//Lands
3 Canyon Slough
3 Dragonskull Summit
3 Drowned Catacomb
3 Fetid Pools
4 Island
3 Mountain
4 Spirebluff Canal

//Instants
4 Magma Spray
1 Supreme Will

//Sorceries
4 Chart a Course
4 Strategic Planning
4 Yawgmoth's Vile Offering

//Planeswalkers
3 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
3 Karn, Scion of Urza
4 Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh

//Creatures
4 Baral, Chief of Compliance
4 Champion of Wits
1 Naban, Dean of Iteration
1 The Scarab God

//Sideboard
2 Vraska's Contempt
2 Fatal Push
2 Supreme Will
2 Negate
1 Naban, Dean of Iteration
1 Search for Azcanta
3 Duress
2 Sweltering Suns

Display deck statistics

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 27, 2018

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sickening posted:

WOTC hasn't run out of bad ideas yet.

*extremely chud voice*

why do they call it a white booster pack if there's a black person on the front, am I right

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

dragon enthusiast posted:

*extremely chud voice*

why do they call it a white booster pack if there's a black person on the front, am I right

I'm not sure she's specifically a black person, she seems to be kind of swarthy like all of the other Capashen's we've seen. Raff definitely looks like he's a black person, but Wizards seems to like vaguely unidentifiable people.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Star Man posted:

I have seen one tweet so far that was a complaint that Llanowar Elves is bad for Standard because they're getting attacked by unblockable 5/4 creatures off of one land.

People do not undersrand how to kill mana dorks still.

*on my deathbed, to my heirs as I bequeath them their inheritance of longboxes of unplayable draft chaff (the rares are going into my sarcophagus like the pharoahs of old)
"remember... bolt... ghhk... bolt the birds" *dies*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Baral is busted in this deck. You want Baral, as a 4-of. You have a lot of ways to 'cycle' away stuff you don't want, but you definitely want Baral when you can get him.

Thanks I think my paper build will look a lot like this and I'll tweak the Arena version.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Owlbear Camus posted:

*on my deathbed, to my heirs as I bequeath them their inheritance of longboxes of unplayable draft chaff (the rares are going into my sarcophagus like the pharoahs of old)
I will never forget the time I killed someone with a 14/15 Birds of Paradise, stealing a win by bluffing like it was just an idiot "because why the gently caress not" attack so he wouldn't block and then Mirari-ing a Might of Oaks.

Always shoot the birds.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

Thanks I think my paper build will look a lot like this and I'll tweak the Arena version.

Being able to cast Offering for 4 and Chart/Strategic Planning for U is really good.

I'm considering trying Karn's Temporal Sundering in this too. It's not always as swinging but it's potentially quite good if you're playing an opponent's that's trying to hate to your yard.

Star Man posted:

I have seen one tweet so far that was a complaint that Llanowar Elves is bad for Standard because they're getting attacked by unblockable 5/4 creatures off of one land.

People do not undersrand how to kill mana dorks still.

I don't know why people are surprised that Llanowar Elves into Steel Leaf is good. It's a dumb aggro deck, but a 5/4 'can't be blocked by basically anything that costs 2 mana' is obviously good.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 27, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Yawgmoth posted:

I will never forget the time I killed someone with a 14/15 Birds of Paradise, stealing a win by bluffing like it was just an idiot "because why the gently caress not" attack so he wouldn't block and then Mirari-ing a Might of Oaks.

Always shoot the birds.

I look forward to the day that I get a judge called on me because I attacked someone with a lone Noble Hierarch when there's an Ensnaring Bridge in play and its controller has no cards in hand.

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
It's always a feel bad when you bolt the bird then they follow up with a devoted druid though.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Angry Grimace posted:

Being able to cast Offering for 4 and Chart/Strategic Planning for U is really good.

I'm considering trying Karn's Temporal Sundering in this too. It's not always as swinging but it's potentially quite good if you're playing an opponent's that's trying to hate to your yard.

I don't know why people are surprised that Llanowar Elves into Steel Leaf is good. It's a dumb aggro deck, but a 5/4 'can't be blocked by basically anything that costs 2 mana' is obviously good.

and it gets owned by gideons reproach, so it's not like there aren't answers on turn 2!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Seems like a reason to keep Cast Down in the 75, too if green stomparoo starts making a showing. Seal Away is also a tidy, early answer.

I am not thrilled with Steel Leaf but they have certainly provided us with answers (the best answer is to strand it in their 2 forest 1 elf hand past it's relevance as an ahead-of-rate body, by bolting the birds shoving the elves.

Protect them elves from the terrible secret of space.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
In seeking out UR wizards as a somewhat viable standard archetype, I look forward to being able to Kari Zev's Expertise a huge green creature and run over all opponents with their own stompy.

:perfect:

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Owlbear Camus posted:

Seems like a reason to keep Cast Down in the 75, too if green stomparoo starts making a showing. Seal Away is also a tidy, early answer.

I am not thrilled with Steel Leaf but they have certainly provided us with answers (the best answer is to strand it in their 2 forest 1 elf hand past it's relevance as an ahead-of-rate body, by bolting the birds shoving the elves.

Protect them elves from the terrible secret of space.

I think this is the first alter that I've liked

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
two-headed giant is a fun card in limited

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Holy crap this is amazing

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Long!

Live!

The Kingwithconvertedmanacost2orless!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Long!

Live!

Mustafah is definitely 3-4 CMC so clearly revolt was triggered.

Scar sacced one of them cackling hyenas offscreen.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

ouch......this hurts my pedantic nostalgic rear end brain

it is Mufasa...heathen

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 27, 2018

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Madmarker posted:

its Mufasa...hethen

uhh, I don't watch children's cartoons enough to have all these anime characters memorized.

I need that time to play children's cardgames.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Madmarker posted:

it is Mufasa...hethen

That would be spelled "heathen", pedant.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
3-0'd my first dominaria draft with a very medium boros deck

lyra dawnbringer is good

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

uhh, I don't watch children's cartoons enough to have all these anime characters memorized.

nah if it was anime it'd be Panja (パンジャ Panja) / Caesar

Matsuri posted:

That would be spelled "heathen", pedant.

that it would

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like how this set has more tribal synergies than the tribal set prior.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Owlbear Camus posted:

To think people had you blocked.

Star Man posted:

I look forward to the day that I get a judge called on me because I attacked someone with a lone Noble Hierarch when there's an Ensnaring Bridge in play and its controller has no cards in hand.

I've had to deal with several versions of this call with Geist. Geist + Hierarch attacks for 7. Geist + angel can attack 2 different targets. Even if Gideon Jura is forcing your creatures to attack him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Long!

Live!

I like how it is two dude dress in lion suits. You can tell by how they're standing and being able to see the eyes of the dude in the Mufasa suit through the mouth.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Madmarker posted:

nah if it was anime it'd be Panja (パンジャ Panja) / Caesar

Actually it would be Kimba

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Owlbear Camus posted:

You went from the second worst poster in the thread to the second best over like 2 months

Impressive

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Academy Journeymage only bouncing opponents' creatures lost me a game today and I'm Very Sad That This Happened To Me.

I had two Cabal Whatsits that burn when you cast a historic spell out and Umezawa/Journeymage and 7 mana with them at 4. Everyone who misclicks their guys has collectively owned me.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Elyv posted:

Actually it would be Kimba

Ceaser is the father of Kimba.

Just like Mufasa is the father of Simba.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Madmarker posted:

Ceaser is the father of Kimba.

Just like Mufasa is the father of Simba.

Oh right, my mistake.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

PSA: stop milling your opponent with effects unless you are absolutely sure decking will be a thing that wins this game or you're absolutely winning or losing and can use the info, if the format has any relevant graveyard shenanigans going on.

Just had an opponent mill my GW deck with Fungal Plots in play with its Homarid Explorer, just enough to provide two Saproling and eventually win the game when I could chump and draw. Of course the reason for their loss was not misplaying pretty terribly, but my Multani I eventually could draw and play.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Owlbear Camus posted:

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Is tcgplayer a good place to buy my list from? Is there someplace that people prefer?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Why the gently caress can you goggle the CMC of cards.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bear Throne posted:

Is tcgplayer a good place to buy my list from? Is there someplace that people prefer?

I've ordered a few decks and random edh singles. It's cheap and no fuss as far as my experience. The only fiddly thing is nuggling the carts from 12 different stores to meet shipping requirements sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
TCGplayer is good and often much more affordable than LGS shopping. That said, it's pretty rough when you're trying to gather large quantities of low-cost cards because you need to make every cart cost $2 or more and pray that a card on your list from the store and price of your choice doesn't get sold before you submit your order. That gets tedious.