Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Rapper who once declared "God made me bulletproof" shot and killed

quote:

In a video posted to YouTube in June 2016, Abdur-Rahman said he had been shot 10 previous times. He said in the interview that he "keeps getting shot" in part due to his skin tone, the fact that "some people don't like real dudes," as well as the expensive accessories he wears.

The rapper's "bulletproof" declaration came in a tweet after the 11th shooting, sent presumably from a hospital, just hours after he suffered a chest wound during an attack at a Waffle House last December. The tweet was later deleted.

:widowsnypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
^I laughed way too hard at that to be a good person.

verymoldy posted:

Does intent even matter when it comes to paying your taxes?

Only to a certain degree, i.e., if you did your math wrong one year because you're an idiot who can't just go to H&R Block's website or whatever, get yourself a good accountant to handle the matter for you, prove your screw-up was an honest mistake, and get an agent handling your case who's not an rear end in a top hat, then they'll probably go easy on you and let you work out a compromise where you pay the amount plus a small fine (or even no fine if you're lucky), and even let you do it in installments.

Thirty years of loving up from an HOA for richer-than-god people, though? That's when they bring out the big strap-on.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I conceive it as my task to create difficulties everywhere

--A typical Dane

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

yikes

reminds me of a coworker who once proudly proclaimed that she was "untouchable" to an entire team when I worked for a massive "old blood" tech company

she was fired for smoking weed on the job literally that day

nowhere near as dramatic as mister bulletproof here but hell, some people really like egg on their face

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

I conceive it as my task to create difficulties everywhere

--A typical Dane

lmao, accurate

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

mng posted:

There's a brand of chocolate covered marshmallow treats (flødeboller) that had to change their name from 'Sambo' to 'Samba' in the 90s because that poo poo didn't really fly anymore.

Also called 'negro kisses'.

Danes are loving trash, so sorry.

Could be worse. Could be Belgians, who have "Antwerpse Handjes", little chocolate hands.

They're not technically related to those :nms:other little brown hands they liked so much:nms:, but the echo is unfortunate at best.

To make things worse, Antwerpse Handjes were introduced in 1934, over 25 years after the abolition of the Congo Free State.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I hear they also sell friend of the family balls off the shelf

e: apparently that's just Sweden though, and that practice has fallen somewhat into disrepute, so yay I guess.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Aug 7, 2017

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Karate Bastard posted:

e: apparently that's just Sweden though, and that practice has fallen somewhat into disrepute, so yay I guess.

"chocolate ball day" in Sweden is when many closet racists choose the dumbest way to out themselves. Gotta fight for your right to eat racist dessert.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/HsKsSPR.mp4

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Mu Zeta posted:

It still just look overtly malicious to me. Could have just sent the actual home owners a note or something. Does anyone believe they were intentionally withholding the 15 bux in taxes?

Won't somebody please think of the rich fucks?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is Australia, isn't it.

The schadenfreude is on us that we have the least amount of UV protection of basically any country in the world thanks to various things in the ionosphere coupled with decades of ozone depletion, but we ignore it to the tune of 2 out of 3 Australians being diagnosed with skin cancer in their lifetimes.

We don't actually have the highest rates of skin cancer because I guess we're not quite as white as we used to be. The highest rates of skin cancer death actually belong to those stalwarts of racial purity, the Danes.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I startled my dog with how loudly I laughed at this.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Mu Zeta posted:

Does anyone believe they were intentionally withholding the 15 bux in taxes?

Have you ever met an actually rich WASP?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Yond Cassius posted:

Could be worse. Could be Belgians, who have "Antwerpse Handjes", little chocolate hands.
:nms:other little brown hands they liked so much:nms:

:stonk:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
From the OSHA thread...

Slanderer posted:

The Red Bull Flugtag took place last weekend in Pittsburgh, with mixed results. A strong tail-wind on the flight deck made it just about impossible for anyone to actually fly (including my team), but it was entertaining as hell anyway. I don't have any good footage of me and my team, and besides, our entry was pretty safe--our pilot was only hospitalized for a couple hours!

The Back to the Future team, on the other hand, was definitely not safe... (note: can I embed gifv?)
https://i.imgur.com/GncTVs7.gifv

He was unconscious on the board for a few minutes while the recovery guys on jet skis poked at him. Eventually he came to and was brought onto a rescue boat, and from there taken to the hospital. I think he's out of the hospital now and doing okay.

I assume the plan was for him to jump clear, but that never really happened. A few other pilots landed on their crafts, but none were as solidly built so they mostly just crashed through them.

fake edit: i did find a photo of me and my team

Guy was banged up and needed 18 stiches, but he's fine

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...es/201708070075

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

From the OSHA thread...

Guy was banged up and needed 18 stiches, but he's fine

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...es/201708070075

Did they actually get permits this time, or were they run out by law enforcement because you can't just disrupt a commercial waterway for lols anymore than you can shut down an interstate highway?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Elkyrie posted:

It's not just Denmark, I'd wager casual racism is "a-ok" in most of Europe.

I have a friend who, whenever the topic of babies comes up, always mournfully looks at me and wishes out loud she could have "a cute lil' negro or halfling baby, alas, me and the hubby are white as gently caress" to artistically translate. Yes, I'm mixed race.
The topic of casual "neger" (yeah I'm sure you understand what that literally translates to) usage here comes up a lot with my black family, it's something that comes with the territory it seems. Half of them have accepted being called "neger" and half of them vehemently fight it.

My black mom has a good laugh whenever someone comes over to us specifically just to say "wow you speak our language so well!!!" which would be an amazing feat if she hadn't lived here for 35 loving years.
I just silently wonder why the gently caress people feel the need to patronize someone they don't know anything about. It's always older white ladies too.

tl;dr Europe is p cool aside from the ingrained casual racism, schadenfreude on me for expecting better by now?

Yeah the neger thing is weirdly derisive in the black community. Personally I'm in the camp of if you have to cover your mouth and stop yourself mid sentence to ask me if it's okay to use a word, maybe you just shouldn't use it.

There's nothing like having people talk to your mom who speaks 5 languages like she's a baby because she mixed up he and she for a second.

Here's a picture of a popular theme park ride in the Africa Land section of Djurs Sommerland. It's called "The Hottentot Carousel" also known as "The Cannibal Pots".

"But it's like totally so not racist you guys because unlike the Americans we thought that black people were so gross that we only enslaved and sold them super far away from us... Unless we exhibited them like animals that is of course." :downs:
-Multiple white Danes I've met.

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Aug 8, 2017

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
So do the new owners of that street and footpath have to pay for all the ongoing repairs to it? I hate to think how much it costs to do any resurfacing, but I guess they can bill the homeowners?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

auzdark posted:

Seems to me that it would have been paid if they knew there was a problem - and since 1980s its likely different people live there now and had no idea that there was ever a problem. Someone hosed up a long time ago, but I hate to say it probably wasn't the people's fault that live there now.

There's bunches of people who got hosed in Baltimore by unpaid land rent (a feudal-type nonsense that allows a person to extract a perpetual payment on land they do not even own), so it does my dead heart good to see rich idiots get screwed in a similar manner. Even though the Baltimoreans got thrown out of their homes, and all these Frisconians will have to endure is maybe paying a rent on their street parking. Petty? Yup.

Edit" Ground rent, not land rent. Still some drat feudal crap.

gleebster has a new favorite as of 01:24 on Aug 8, 2017

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Gromit posted:

So do the new owners of that street and footpath have to pay for all the ongoing repairs to it? I hate to think how much it costs to do any resurfacing, but I guess they can bill the homeowners?

They do have to maintain it within reason. There are private residences along the road that warrant an access easement. (And unless a judge says otherwise, those dummies are not entitled to parking - they can walk or take a bus to their homes) They do not have to keep it up to HOA standards for a neighborhood with $35 million mansions, however. As long as there are no heavy vehicles on the glorified go-nowhere cul-de-sac, it can go a long time without crack sealing or resurfacing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I want to know how the couple’s first visit to their new property worked.

Did they show up at the gate unannounced?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

gleebster posted:

all these Frisconians will have to endure is maybe paying a rent on their street parking. Petty? Yup.

My dream outcome is the owners putting up a gate /outside/ the existing gate and making the curbs a pay-per-hour parking lot.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Karate Bastard posted:

Wait, so are they calling the dessert something else, or did they just stop making it altogether?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Besesoth posted:

My dream outcome is the owners putting up a gate /outside/ the existing gate and making the curbs a pay-per-hour parking lot.

Depending on how the contract was structured decades ago when the HOA privatized the road to keep the blacks/asians/jews out (and then ignored taxes for 3 decades), they may also already own the existing gate. And they can start their own towtruck company or partner with an existing one.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
American treasure, Bill Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEIXsz4o5g

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/3n3b49d.gifv

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Oh gently caress that takes me back to being a kid. Dad and I would sit and watch his shows all the time.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Gromit posted:

Can't wait until people start parking their cars on their lawn like millionaire white trash

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Yond Cassius posted:

They're not technically related to those :nms:other little brown hands they liked so much:nms:, but the echo is unfortunate at best.

Guess where I live! :downs:

Belgium is real great at the European "no no, it's not racist I swer" play with great examples being people getting mad at not being able to call the chocolate mallow treat posted up-thread "friend of the family tits" anymore, the yearly Zwarte Piet/Black Pete racist or not discussion; and the hands of course.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Seemed like a really down to earth, relatable person.

e:

I had in-laws that called those one nuts, friend of the family toes.

What the gently caress? This was like two years ago, in northern, western US. What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Volcott posted:

Wait, so are they calling the dessert something else, or did they just stop making it altogether?

The dessert is widely available, just called some variation of chocolate balls instead.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Professor of Cats posted:

Seemed like a really down to earth, relatable person.

e:

I had in-laws that called those one nuts, friend of the family toes.

What the gently caress? This was like two years ago, in northern, western US. What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Brazil nuts, and I've heard someone in my family call them that, but at least it was in the 80s when that happened.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Hey, remember how last week an anonymous Google employee posted an anti-diversity manifesto?

His name's James Damore, and he's been straight-up fired.

quote:

Damore’s 10-page memorandum accused Google of silencing conservative political opinions and argued that biological differences play a role in the shortage of women in tech and leadership positions. It circulated widely inside the company and became public over the weekend, causing a furor that amplified the pressure on Google executives to take a more definitive stand.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a few good ones in here. "Bus came back", "Road that just ends" and "Drunk guy locked his keys in his car" are great. Also keep an eye out for a huge truck's brakes failing and taking out a dozen cars and one passerby doesn't even look up from her phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUk1rtXLvA

4:45 People are AwesomeTM :unsmith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

gently caress Damore.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Professor of Cats posted:

friend of the family toes.

I first heard this used about a year ago in the hushed tones of someone who knew it was a dirty cuss word but was so chucklefuck-non-PC that they dared say it in an all white workspace in a 92% white rural county.
friend of the family Toes! Chuckle chuckle. Old people racism is so baffling, but this lady was like 40-45 and coupled with the fact that I'd never heard it before just meant I was in for an education.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I'm allergic to Brazil nuts, when I've told people about it most of the time they don't know what they are but if they are familiar with them they will often say "oh you mean *racial slur* toes?" Fortunately it doesn't come up very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Brazil nuts! that's what I was trying to remember; my grandmother gave them to me and my sister once and I asked what they were; she said there was another name for them but she absolutely refused to tell me until I swore up and down that I wouldn't ever actually use it.