Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
bad servants are only bad if their masters are bad, umu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Liffrea posted:

Dude is super hosed up and not nearly called out enough for it, IMO.

I admit, I did forget about the child murder. Although, I don't Gawain needs to be pinned to the wall anymore than he already is considering he is pretty consistently portrayed as a pretty miserable individual whose unquestioning fealty to his king has ruined himself and others as a person. It obviously doesn't make up for the crimes he's committed, but I don't think we need to harp on the point excessively when the story and other characters already see them as heinous villains.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

even many versions of original Arthurian myths loved to point out how many knights are dumbasses following stupid ideals.

Hell, even Bedivere is a dumbass in FGO who caused a mess by being too loyal. Hell, don't forget that in Camelot Bedivere was actually going to ignore the post-selection slaughter outside Camelot because he was focused on sneaking in to confront The King. It just his dumbassedry is more sympathetic because he's a nicer person overall.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
they're all alive anyway so NO BIGGIE

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Gawain and Tristan were so unlikeable in Camelot that it's really hard for me to give Camelot banners anything more than a token roll

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gawain is handsome and blonde which is why I easily forgave him and Gilgamesh.

Tristan is lucky that I liked his debut album.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
hosed up crimes aside, they were very rude fights to go through and I have way better options to fill the classes, so to hell with them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hypocrisy posted:

Tristan is lucky that I liked his debut album.

I think Tristan would rather you hate him than you like his debut album. :laugh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If we get another 4* ticket this year and I don't have gawain by then I'm using my ticket on him. I've rolled on that lad in multiple banners he's featured on and still don't have him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have NP2 Gawain from that banner with all the male servants. I will probably never use him because I now have other really good Sabers, and Mordred is much better for grinding. Even among non-5* ones I'd rather use Rama or Bedivere.

I'm sad to learn he's actually a dick. I dunno why I remembered him as being a cool bro in CCC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf most of what he does in CCC is stand on the sidelines and give you advice and also get treated like a joke by Leo. The two times he does anything is when Leo uses him a loan shark to collect on your debt to him if you took out a loan on Sakurament from him and he's actually really cool about the whole thing if you do what you're supposed to do and just pay him back what you have. The other thing is when Leo and Gawain fight BB at the end of the fourth floor and they both go down swinging trying to stop her and die. He's a very nice guy in the Extella games as well, but as I said earlier he doesn't get much focus there and is mostly relegated to a side character. Gawain is a character who very much exemplifies the Fate thing of "There are multiple sides to one person and you can see the ugly in someone just as much as the good." There are times when Gawain can be a very noble person and nice, there are also times he is a complete piece of poo poo and a monster. Characters like Gilgamesh, Kotomine, Medusa, Emiya, and Illya were all characters in the original FSN who you'd see multiple sides of wouldn't get the full picture on them until you had done every route and seen them in every possible light. Gilgamesh a bit less so than these others, but it was a bit there still in original FSN.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 15, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gawain gets more use out of me despite my billion sabers just because he has an NP charge. It's a hella drug.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

W.T. Fits posted:

Tristan wasn't brainwashed into having his personality reversed until after he'd already agreed to aid the Lion King and done horrible things at her behest. Hell, doing that was what left him so traumatized that she was basically forced to reverse his personality to get him to be able to even function anymore. But it doesn't change the fact that he knowingly and willingly went along with those orders.

Yeah, I'm not absolving Tristan of his lovely behavior either: he's completely in the wrong for following the Lion King because he's another one who let his guilt over King Arthur screw with his moral sense.

I should have been clearer, but I was talking more about the way Tristan seems to get a lot more vilification from people in general for his behavior in Camelot than Gawain, even though 95% of what he did happened after he was brainwashed, and unlike Gawain, he broke, and broke hard the first time he actually did anything horrific.

Gawain killed his own brother to follow someone he knew wasn't King Arthur and kept piling up atrocity after atrocity without stopping, while Tristan turned into a screaming wreck after the initial slaughter of the rebellious members of the Round Table and had to be turned into the complete antithesis of his actual self to keep functioning. They're both seriously in the wrong, but IMO Gawain is so much further over the moral event horizon than Tristan it's not even a real comparison.

Edit: I also think it's funny that Agravain and Gawain are about the same level of heinous in Camelot, when normally Gawain thinks Agravain is a huge dick, to the point he believes that Agravain got what he deserved after Lancelot killed him for revealing his and Guinevere's adultery.

Liffrea fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 15, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've pulled enough gawains and tristans for all the haters

tristan i actually like but gawain i had to get summer mordred's valentine before i released my salt over him blocking my tristan rolls on the camelot banner

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I see that my belief in France has brought JAlter to life where she is now there burning things

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ah gods I'm in a pickle.
I'm making the best of the story AP discount to burn through the singularities.
I've already gone through London, I'm at America but after that is Camelot, which will probably kick my rear end.
Partially because I need Seeds of Yggdrasil to ascend 3 of my more important servants.
But the best place to farm them is in Babylon on the other side of Camelot.
And farming them in Okeanos is a pain in the rear end that takes me over 10 minutes a run because the enemies are too varied and I can't exploit Class Affinity.
And also the drop rate has been very unkind to me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tristan at least also actually expresses some level of guilt over what he did in Camelot (during the Nerofest prelude later, iirc)

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 16, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gawain was rude to Nero so he sucks

Camelot was fuel for the fire. Gawain eats butt, but not in a cool way

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hate Tristian because he asspulled his way out of the final Hassan fight. The last we see of Serenity a Hundred Personas is Tristian smugly NO U-ing them, thus ruining the final fight of two of the best waifus and causing bro-hassan to pull his own rear end to get the W. gently caress Tristian.

Camelot is tough but not impossibly hard. You'll do alright as long as you use an appropriate friend servant for hard fights. Maybe do a quick Google of the round table bosses gimmicks before you throw yourself in.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Roger Explosion posted:

I hate Tristian because he asspulled his way out of the final Hassan fight. The last we see of Serenity a Hundred Personas is Tristian smugly NO U-ing them, thus ruining the final fight of two of the best waifus and causing bro-hassan to pull his own rear end to get the W. gently caress Tristian.

I mean if you check his buffs he's immune to poison in every fight.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

TheFireMagi posted:

I mean if you check his buffs he's immune to poison in every fight.
LAME.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i really disliked that they wouldn't just give hassan the drat win, even from attrition. serenity is by far the most whatever of that group though so i'm more mad about it on behalf of cursed arm.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Endorph posted:

idk why people need to pay for the privilege of using freakin brave liz

:colbert: Elizabeth is always a high-value drop.

Also she's a single target NP servant in a class where nearly all her competition is limited or story locked five stars so she's like water in the desert after my only option for a long time being 'Use Caesar, gently caress you'.
I feel bad for people joining the game and the situation being 'Well, hope you roll Saberlot or Rama, otherwise Lancetoria is going to sit on your face when you hit London, and then do it again when you hit Camelot.'

Captain Baal posted:

I admit, I did forget about the child murder. Although, I don't Gawain needs to be pinned to the wall anymore than he already is considering he is pretty consistently portrayed as a pretty miserable individual whose unquestioning fealty to his king has ruined himself and others as a person. It obviously doesn't make up for the crimes he's committed, but I don't think we need to harp on the point excessively when the story and other characters already see them as heinous villains.

Games > Fate/Grand Order: I admit, I did forget about the child murder.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I have the dubious honor of owning all the Sabers in the game except Ryougi, Arthur, and Nero Bride completely by accident, and I would happily give nearly all of them away for Arthur. FFS, I don't even use my NP5 Nero, and I actively hate that I have her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mash: "U-Umm... Embrace, as in...a hug? Why... Yes. My pleasure, Mr. Assassin."

Mash seems pretty keen to hug Hassan of the Cursed Arm (who is pretty great in this).

The Assassins seem like cool bros, I hope they gently caress up the round table guys. edit: Arash is also a bro

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 16, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the worst part is nero already outdamaged np1 arthur at np2

i have no allegiance to the boy but it'd be nice if the sixth lostbelt or whatever buffed him and gawain, just so i could feel more like using them

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Crasical posted:

:colbert: Elizabeth is always a high-value drop.

Also she's a single target NP servant in a class where nearly all her competition is limited or story locked five stars so she's like water in the desert after my only option for a long time being 'Use Caesar, gently caress you'.
I feel bad for people joining the game and the situation being 'Well, hope you roll Saberlot or Rama, otherwise Lancetoria is going to sit on your face when you hit London, and then do it again when you hit Camelot.'

Laltria shouldn't give too many problems now. Musashi and MHXA are common enough to find in Friend Support slots that weren't available when Camelot first came out. And there is always the option of getting carried by Jalter or Berserkers. Or do what I did and use Mordred, because how many times is her anti-dad damage ever relevant? It's almost as good as a real ST NP.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Main Paineframe posted:

Gawain and Tristan were so unlikeable in Camelot that it's really hard for me to give Camelot banners anything more than a token roll

You can get Ozy or Nito off those banners though

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can understand Gawain although Baal already has explained him, but there's like other things going for Tristan outside of the guy whose rear end we kick in Camelot.

He's got a good interlude.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crasical posted:

Games > Fate/Grand Order: I admit, I did forget about the child murder.

Look... if I have to keep count of all of the children murdered in Fate, we're gonna be here for a while.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tristan is good just for literally flying out the drat window during Halloween

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ytlaya posted:

Mash: "U-Umm... Embrace, as in...a hug? Why... Yes. My pleasure, Mr. Assassin."

Mash seems pretty keen to hug Hassan of the Cursed Arm (who is pretty great in this).

The Assassins seem like cool bros, I hope they gently caress up the round table guys. edit: Arash is also a bro

Yeah, since he doesn't really get much screen time or development in the original Fate/Stay Night, Camelot basically pulls double duty as the Cursed Arm Hassan Power Hour, where we get to know more about him as a character and turns out that he's a pretty cool guy most of the time.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

At least both Gawain and Tristain are great in the CCC event, so those who don't like them will see the more nice sides of them there.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
If you'll notice, all the Knights that we see in Camelot who sided with the Lion King are also all the knights who felt personally responsible for the downfall of Camelot in the first place. You got Lancelot who sparked off the whole thing with his affair, Gawain who was so emotional that he slapped away desperately needed help for the sake of a vendetta, Mordred who was directly responsible for Artoria's death, and Tristan, who felt it was his admonishment of the King that planted the seed of doubt to begin with.

Camelot is a hosed up place, yo.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It is a silly place.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I hope that the Lostbelt Camelot is just as hosed up, personally.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Main Paineframe posted:

I tried rolling during a Camelot banner hoping to get a Lancelot and ended up getting those two clowns, AND Lancertoria

I guess it's okay because Tristan got that dope rear end team dodge though. Gawain is only good for bullying, though. Who would've thought Mordred was the good brother?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, since he doesn't really get much screen time or development in the original Fate/Stay Night, Camelot basically pulls double duty as the Cursed Arm Hassan Power Hour, where we get to know more about him as a character and turns out that he's a pretty cool guy most of the time.

Hundred Personas is also pretty great.

quote:

Cursed Arm: "Hm. That's worrying, truly worrying. If only we could find someone somewhere... Someone stronger than us, able to work independently, good at leading Servants, and willing to help us..."
Hundred Personas: "Where are you ever going to find such a convenient helper?! Give me a break, fool------Right here, in front of my face! Fools. ...Ugh. Ugggggh!"
Gudako: (Silently shadowboxes)

I like how the player character constantly has these goofy response options.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fox wife get, add another CCC grind to the pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Gologle posted:

I hope that the Lostbelt Camelot is just as hosed up, personally.

What I wanna see for Lostbelt Camelot is a Camelot where Mordred survived the final battle, and took over after Artoria died, only for Morgan Le Fey to move in as the power behind the throne, and Mordred kind of taking the dawning realization that she actually killed her father /badly/.

That way we could get a Berserker Moedred and finally have an actual Morgan le Fey servant.

Also, the good guy side of the conflict should totally be led by Agravain, either as a flesh and blood survivor who didn't die during Lancelot's rampage, or as a Servant summoned who took one look at the utter mess Mordred's slow self destruction and Morgan's manipulation has caused and decided 'This poo poo will not stand', because then we could finally have an Agravain servant too, and one cast in a heroic light to boot.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 16, 2019