Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CPL593H posted:

Are there stands for 3.75 scale figures with no peg holes in the feet? I need to keep my tiny Ernest Borgnine safe!

Nano tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The next Haslab project apparently leaked and it’s an inquisitor’s lightsaber from the Obi wan show

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

The next Haslab project apparently leaked and it’s an inquisitor’s lightsaber from the Obi wan show

It had better loving spin

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gregday posted:

I gotta tell ya, this is pretty great.

(sound on)
https://i.imgur.com/qdJe6SO.mp4

How much does that smush your nose?

gregday
May 23, 2003

Gripweed posted:

How much does that smush your nose?

Good question! It does touch my nose a little sometimes, but even when it 'slams' shut, it doesn't hit hard enough to be uncomfortable. The bigger issue is that the 'chin strap' part of the bottom of the helmet doesn't let me open my jaw very much to talk. Fortunately, the helmet can also be controlled with a wireless remote or by touching either 'ear'. One opens the entire face plate, the other opens it in the 4 segment sequence.

I'm pretty sure nothing about this is licensed. The maker is "AutoKing" and other than their name, the words "IRON MAN 1:1 Helmet Mark V" there is not one single bit of text anywhere else on the box. No mention of Disney, Marvel, copyright, trademark (including the symbols), a year, address, regulatory information.... nothing. No instructions in the box either. I had to search around for what the voice commands are and how the remote buttons work. The remote itself is a super generic one, and looking at the other sellers of this product, which are almost entirely individuals and not stores, there's a variety of possible generic remotes that might be included. However, the build quality and engineering is remarkable as well as the accuracy and finishing touches. There's a slight brushed effect on the silver parts. I'm actually thinking now I won't repaint it gold.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's super sick! Now go break into Madam Tussauds and get a scale head.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

gregday posted:

Good question! It does touch my nose a little sometimes, but even when it 'slams' shut, it doesn't hit hard enough to be uncomfortable. The bigger issue is that the 'chin strap' part of the bottom of the helmet doesn't let me open my jaw very much to talk. Fortunately, the helmet can also be controlled with a wireless remote or by touching either 'ear'. One opens the entire face plate, the other opens it in the 4 segment sequence.

I'm pretty sure nothing about this is licensed. The maker is "AutoKing" and other than their name, the words "IRON MAN 1:1 Helmet Mark V" there is not one single bit of text anywhere else on the box. No mention of Disney, Marvel, copyright, trademark (including the symbols), a year, address, regulatory information.... nothing. No instructions in the box either. I had to search around for what the voice commands are and how the remote buttons work. The remote itself is a super generic one, and looking at the other sellers of this product, which are almost entirely individuals and not stores, there's a variety of possible generic remotes that might be included. However, the build quality and engineering is remarkable as well as the accuracy and finishing touches. There's a slight brushed effect on the silver parts. I'm actually thinking now I won't repaint it gold.

I've seen ads for those all over and wasn't sure if they're a scam or not considering the low price.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If you have a nice silver finish and want it to be gold, rather than repaint it, your best bet might be an amber-colored clear coat. I once saw a guy get a really good result from pledge floor polish with a few drops of yellow and red food coloring mixed in, but there might be a good one you can get premade too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

That's super sick! Now go break into Madam Tussauds and get a scale head.

Nah, go to one of those fifth rate American places where all the likenesses are nightmare fuel. For maximum SURPRISE! effect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sentinel Red posted:

Nah, go to one of those fifth rate American places where all the likenesses are nightmare fuel. For maximum SURPRISE! effect.

:lol:

Granted these aren't too bad actually.

Also my Mezco Godzilla box set 1 figures have finally shipped. Stoked to get them all together now!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I bought a replica of the Phial of Galadriel
https://i.imgur.com/FS9yFvW.mp4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Led in the stopper?

Looks beautiful but I remember the water in the movie being cloudy for some reason. Probably just me not paying attention in the film.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiroc posted:

I bought a replica of the Phial of Galadriel
https://i.imgur.com/FS9yFvW.mp4

Spike it like a football!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Led in the stopper?

Looks beautiful but I remember the water in the movie being cloudy for some reason. Probably just me not paying attention in the film.

The LED is at the bottom of the base. I put alcohol in it since its what one review used and that did seem better idea that water. Looking at videos now, the movie's water is a bit cloudier but that's also because of hella bloom lighting and other cgi to make it magic.

I think I need to put more alcohol in it because it looks like the movie filled it closer to the stem.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Some new MOTU type figures are up for preorder at BBTS. They’re neat, but too expensive for me. I would probably buy the Samurai who looks like Jack Kirby designed him, but he’s some build a figure.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 25, 2022

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

It looks like his groin says YAY

That foo dog looking one is pretty dope though, I might need it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

Some new MOTU type figures are up for preorder at BBTS. They’re neat, but too expensive for me. I would probably buy the Samurai who looks like Jack Kirby designed him, but he’s some build a figure.

do you have a link?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

do you have a link?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Company=1628

It sounds like they're modular, which is cool. Looks like you can swap either whole limbs or just the boots/forearms between similar figures. Could probably create some pretty hideous rad mashups once a few waves are available

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 25, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thiccabod posted:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Company=1628

It sounds like they're modular, which is cool. Looks like you can swap either whole limbs or just the boots/forearms between similar figures. Could probably create some pretty hideous rad mashups once a few waves are available

darn, they don't appear to have knees.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That Jack Kirby in inspired dude specifically is awesome, but yeah those prices...

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

darn, they don't appear to have knees.

Yeah, it looks like they just twist at the top of the boots and end of the arm gauntlets. Articulation looks bad but the gimmick of mashing parts together seems cool. A bit of a moot point at $32 a piece though

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I saw in the email from BBTS there was a Alive in the real world ( alive in wonderland ) Bishojou statue, and I'm a sucker for Alice in Wonderland. It wasn't the usual ridiculous proportion stuff that I'm used to seeing from that line so I was even more interested in that depiction.

Then as I scrolled through the pictures I noticed it has removable clothing and I was brought back into the reality of that line.

They did have an amazing Himiko Togo statue that was listed as a figure though, little too high price for me, but it's real pretty.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/207131

One more thing I noticed in the email, yet another S.H. Figuarts Frieza final form? What happened to not rereleasing figures in that line?! I remember the first time it was 'premium colors' or something for SS Vegeta, is this still that excuse? Did they fix the scaling to be more correct in the rest of the line?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Shiroc posted:

The LED is at the bottom of the base. I put alcohol in it since its what one review used and that did seem better idea that water. Looking at videos now, the movie's water is a bit cloudier but that's also because of hella bloom lighting and other cgi to make it magic.

I think I need to put more alcohol in it because it looks like the movie filled it closer to the stem.

You might could try some of that dye people use for liquid cooled pcs. It glows under uv and it'll make it cloudy looking, plus give you the glow if you set a uv led near it. Either way, it's a beautiful piece as is.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean its Freeza

Between him and Goku, those are the exceptions to 'no releases'

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I defeated my mailman Daryl today and now possess the Darksaber. I don’t know how much time I’ll have to toy shop when I’m ruling Mandalore.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I used to work with a guy who filled his entire office with *exclusively* little girl anime figures and posters. I was in the office next to him and it was always overwhelmingly skin crawling. Neither myself or other handful of women on the team would ever set foot in it. I was constantly getting into fights with our shared manager about it.

I refuse to imagine how horrible his home must be but that Alice in Wonderland would probably be completely at home there.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I used to work with a guy who filled his entire office with *exclusively* little girl anime figures and posters. I was in the office next to him and it was always overwhelmingly skin crawling. Neither myself or other handful of women on the team would ever set foot in it. I was constantly getting into fights with our shared manager about it.

I refuse to imagine how horrible his home must be but that Alice in Wonderland would probably be completely at home there.

Everyone has their kink, but damnit don't bring that kink to work unless you are a sex worker.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I saw in the email from BBTS there was a Alive in the real world ( alive in wonderland ) Bishojou statue, and I'm a sucker for Alice in Wonderland. It wasn't the usual ridiculous proportion stuff that I'm used to seeing from that line so I was even more interested in that depiction.

Then as I scrolled through the pictures I noticed it has removable clothing and I was brought back into the reality of that line.

My comic shop got in these Lalah Sune figures and I almost got one, but then I realized that the box didn't have any pictures of what the figure looked like from behind, and I decided not to risk it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Gonna get my head on a ghostbusters action figure.
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/05/25/hasbro-selfie-series-reveal/

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m gonna figure out a way to get a Toshiro Mifune head and make a What If… custom Obi-Wan out of it.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m gonna figure out a way to get a Toshiro Mifune head and make a What If… custom Obi-Wan out of it.

This is a tremendous idea and you'd drat well better follow through with it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Mean Jerk posted:

he was in the second wave of Hasbro's High and Low figures, the one with the jazz club build-a-set

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I've been working on a custom Mara Jade figure mostly using kitbash stuff... I got this AWESOME headsculpt from AliExpress and sadly, it's too big.

With the cloak it can sort of mask the huge-ness, but still... I want a solidly sized one. There's an eBay seller that supposedly seems to have this sculpt sized for MLs, but they're pricey as poo poo and unpainted, and I suck at painting, so I dunno... we shall see.

That said, I contacted the seller of this and she said they are sized perfectly for Mythic Legions including the peghole being sized for them. I paid $24 for it, TOTAL, so I was wondering if anyone who actually collects Mythic Legions figures would want to grab it for basically the same price? I'll eat the cost of shipping.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got my gigantic box from BBTS and there are a couple of disappointments. The Origins He-Man and Skeletor I gambled on are just the old ones with goofy heads and half-swords. I was hoping for the new versions with full swords, but at least this way I can go with my backup plan of gifting them to some children.

And then I got a new Evil-Lyn, because my old one had the lovely old knee design from before they made a running change, and a helmet that was glued on crooked. The new one has the new knees, which is a big win... but her head is even worse than the first one, because the paint on her mouth is applied quite obviously way too high up. It's a bizarre production error that I don't think is common at all. I am just having the worst luck with my Evil-Lyns! I'd complain to customer service and try to exchange it, but now she's fuckin sold out again, and I don't want to give up the improved knees. I might have to try prying the helmet off the old one and resetting it. I guess I could try that first on the one with the paint error to see how possible it is. But the crooked helmet is a minor quibble compared to the bad knees and the bad mouth.

I got some rad stuff in this box though! The four Horde Troopers are so badass. Their explodey mechanism isn't on a hair trigger like the 80s one which is kind of too bad. I always loved making He-Man or She-Ra power-punch them and watching them blow up. They're just so badass though, I love these guys. Maybe my favorite Origins figure so far. I also got the long, LONG awaited Thundercats wave 2. Looking forward to opening the huge Mumm-Ra.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

This seems useful for action figure stuff in general. Thanks.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Right, I’m definitely done with this line now.

I wasn’t going to get any as I stick to vintage, but I love the designs and the show, plus I’m weak.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That selfies thing is hilarious. Would be tempted if I could get Palps on the throne for it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

They're going crazy over at Hot Toys

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How many of their vehicle previews have ever actually happened? Rey's speeder never came out. Mando's speeder never came out.

The Scout trooper (Baby Yoda puncher) one is actually happening, and I think there's an Anakin with those flying pogo stick things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I don’t think they’ve failed to release something that’s been officially solicited like this. The others were just shown at cons. I still mourn the 66 batmobile…

Edit: the baby puncher mobile is on my shelf, and I’ve seen reviews of Anakin’s pogo stick.