Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

BigRed0427 posted:

And a neckbeard.

This line of discussion is disgusting. Frankenstein's creation wouldn't spraypaint turkeys and beat them to death. They probably walked right up to him to beg for feed too. That takes a real monster.

Though I am pretty sure he had a neckbeard, or neckbolts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Smoothrich posted:

Liberal children get raped like this..

*audible nervous gasps*

But conservative children.. get raped like this!

*roaring laughter and applause*

And what's the deal with Fox News?

*cue slap bass over credits*

You're one racial slur from ConservativeComedy.txt.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

AsInHowe posted:

The Half Hour News Hour?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

CrowdControl posted:

This line of discussion is disgusting. Frankenstein's creation wouldn't spraypaint turkeys and beat them to death. They probably walked right up to him to beg for feed too. That takes a real monster.

Though I am pretty sure he had a neckbeard, or neckbolts or something.

It could have been the alpha version :shrug: Frankenstine's Monster ver 0.1.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"This is the face of death from above! I would rather a thousand sharks fall from the sky, than one of these oceanic tapeworm-sawface-suckerheads, falling down your shirt collar while you're mowing the lawn!" :supaburn:

- Rachel Maddow, on reports of Arctic Lampreys falling from the sky (likely by gulls).

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Mister Macys posted:

"This is the face of death from above! I would rather a thousand sharks fall from the sky, than one of these oceanic tapeworm-sawface-suckerheads, falling down your shirt collar while you're mowing the lawn!" :supaburn:

- Rachel Maddow, on reports of Arctic Lampreys falling from the sky (likely by gulls).

To be fair, this is what she is talking about...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Axolotl posted:

To be fair, this is what she is talking about...

Yeah, it was just a light-hearted filler piece on a fairly slow news day.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
It could be worse, it could be the spider rain that happens in Australia.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Nah, conservativecomedy.txt is inoffensive grandpa poo poo like "one time my wife let me cook dinner and boy was that a mess lol."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Nebraska just outlawed it, so it kinda is going somewhere.

Nebraska will get it back.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama is worse than Bush.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From LifeSiteNews

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/the-gay-rights-flag-is-dripping-with-the-blood-of-the-unborn

:dogbutton:

quote:

The LGBTQ movement decries the “inequality” and the epidemic of “hate violence” that touches the homosexual, bisexual and whatever-you-want-to-be-sexual community. (I’m not going to go into the absurd self-cited “hate violence reports”, pseudoscience, and trumped up statistics right now; that will have to be a whole other Radiance Foundation article). No one deserves to be physically harmed (unless it’s self-defense, of course). Yet, at the same time leading “gay rights” groups cry “discrimination” they actively, and aggressively, promote the most violent form of discrimination: abortion.

Nearly every major LGBTQxyz group (Human Rights Campaign, Act Up, Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund, and GLAAD, just to name a few) promotes the violence of abortion. Many of them see “gay rights” and “abortion rights” as a united front.

quote:

Planned Parenthood is so enmeshed in the “gay rights” movement, it’s hard to separate the abortion chain from this political juggernaut. LGBTQPP activists, as Lambda Legal articulated, see the freedom to choose abortion and the freedom to choose sexuality as a political and inseparable marriage.

quote:

I can’t see the (co-opted) rainbow colors of the LGBT movement’s flag without seeing the blood that drips from the fabric of its hypocrisy. You can’t demand “equality” while proudly stripping it away from millions of others. No one should ever take pride in violence. It diminishes all of us—born and unborn.

The organization that is mentioned in the images sells tshirts that say things like

Also this

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That guy is soooo close to a Guy Fawkes mask. No doubt intentionally.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Various news sites have write ups on what appears to be the new GOP talking point for a possible bad Burwell outcome: framing the challenge as something Obamacare caused and pretending this case got to the Supreme court magically with no one actually backing it.

Its exactly as confusing and dumb as you are now imagining. Daily Kos says McConnell and Paul Ryan have already floated versions. Have fun watching Fox explain that one tonight and tomorrow.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 10, 2015

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

I don't get this one.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Obdicut posted:

I don't get this one.

They're trying to say a man telling you "you arent allowed to have an abortion ever" is the same as a man saying "its up to you", and instead of succeeding in any sort of way they just printed the stickers.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 10, 2015

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Various news sites have write ups on what appears to be the new GOP talking point for a possible bad Burwell outcome: framing the challenge as something Obamacare caused and pretending this case got to the Supreme court magically with no one actually backing it.

Its exactly as confusing and dumb as you are now imagining. Daily Kos says McConnell and Paul Ryan have already floated versions. Have fun watching Fox explain that one tonight and tomorrow.

Wait, they are blaming Obamacare for gay marriage? Am I getting this right?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They're trying to say a man telling you "you arent allowed to have an abortion ever" is the same as a man saying "its up to you", and instead of succeeding in any sort of way they just printed the stickers anyway.

Oh I get it, the bro-choice guy is supposed to be a careless dude who pressures women into having an abortion?

And they don't understand that feminists think that guy is an rear end in a top hat who is loving up choice, too?

Huh.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Obdicut posted:

Oh I get it, the bro-choice guy is supposed to be a careless dude who pressures women into having an abortion?

And they don't understand that feminists think that guy is an rear end in a top hat who is loving up choice, too?

Huh.

I read it as "Men aren't allowed to say anything about abortion unless they say what their partner wants them to say. This is a bad thing"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
No I believe they're trying to say it's hypocritical to not let a man in Iowa force your cervix into his G-d's service, and then let some other man from San Francisco say "I support your cause" seeing as your pro-choice stance automatically comes with complete swear-off of every man who exists.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

It's saying pro choice women say men's opinions on abortion don't matter unless they agree with them.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No I believe they're trying to say it's hypocritical to not let a man in Iowa force your cervix into his G-d's service, and then let some other man from San Francisco say "I support your cause" seeing as your pro-choice stance automatically comes with complete swear-off of every man who exists.

My explanation makes logical sense, so it's probably wrong.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...d44e_story.html

Head of pro-choice org is pregnant and anti-choice crazies accuse her of wearing a fake belly and don't understand why she isn't aborting since choice obviously means "must always abort."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Took me a second to realize this didn't say "From Conception to Natural Birth"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
How fun it would be to poll buyers of that shirt their views on muslims and gays, among others

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

mr. mephistopheles posted:

It's saying pro choice women say men's opinions on abortion don't matter unless they agree with them.

Funny that they'd be confused about that, seeing as it's exactly how conservatives think the concept of opinion works in general. See: black people voting.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Well, it seems perfectly consistent if you think people's views on morality should have anything to do with abortion's legality.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Someones gonna post about those rapists who sue their victims for access to their children along with alimony and then my soul will wither just a little bit more.

Xibanya posted:

Head of pro-choice org is pregnant and anti-choice crazies accuse her of wearing a fake belly and don't understand why she isn't aborting since choice obviously means "must always abort."

These people and their binary world views. It's exhausting trying to keep up with all the crazy. :shepicide:

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Xibanya posted:

This article is hilarious, and while the fake belly stuff seems almost absurd, I believe it considering stuff like this

quote:

And, she says, she’s gotten plenty of comments to the effect of, “ ‘Now you know what it’s like, so there’s no way you can stay in your position and continue to do this work.’ As though as soon as you get pregnant, you abandon any previous sense that you had around a woman’s right to choose to terminate a pregnancy.”

comes out all the time from the "nicer" pro-lifers. The ones who don't believe you're outright a tool of Satan for supporting abortion.

Really is bizarre though that people would assume she's faking the pregnancy. Do pro-lifers really believe all abortion activists hate children and endlessly lust for infanticide?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

EgoEgress posted:

This article is hilarious, and while the fake belly stuff seems almost absurd, I believe it considering stuff like this

comes out all the time from the "nicer" pro-lifers. The ones who don't believe you're outright a tool of Satan for supporting abortion.

Really is bizarre though that people would assume she's faking the pregnancy. Do pro-lifers really believe all abortion activists hate children and endlessly lust for infanticide?

I am sure some of the more extreme ones do. I know a few people (including a few women) who believe that abortion should be treated the same as murder. As in death penalty.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Brooke Baldwin did a piece today on CNN where she interviewed two anonymous Baltimore police officers in silhouette who were complaining about how prosecuting the officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray has made it so cops are scared to do their jobs. Even by CNN standards it stuck out as an especially blatant example of fear mongering by faceless sources that were only identified as "veterans of the department."

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Brooke Baldwin did a piece today on CNN where she interviewed two anonymous Baltimore police officers in silhouette who were complaining about how prosecuting the officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray has made it so cops are scared to do their jobs. Even by CNN standards it stuck out as an especially blatant example of fear mongering by faceless sources that were only identified as "veterans of the department."

Considering the Baltimore PD's apparent history with 'rough rides' that's probably technically correct.

If more police officers were 'scared' of the consequences that come with killing people, the world would be a better place.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mr Jaunts posted:

Considering the Baltimore PD's apparent history with 'rough rides' that's probably technically correct.

According to the faceless officers, rough rides don't happen and have never happened.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Did they say how he broke his own spine?

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

EgoEgress posted:

I dont know if they are the same people but there are "abortion industry" conspiracy theories.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Radish posted:

Did they say how he broke his own spine?

Being a wily and vindictive black.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

crusader_complex posted:

I dont know if they are the same people but there are "abortion industry" conspiracy theories.

Like so.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Duggar's got the cops called on them when they refused DHS access to a child in question, cops were called:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/new-investigation-launched-against-duggar-family-911-called-60330

quote:

The Duggar family is under investigation again by the Arkansas Department of Human Services and police were called when the family refused to cooperate, In Touch magazine is reporting exclusively in its new issue that hits newsstands today.

A representative from the Washington County DHS called 911 on May 27 at around 11 a.m. asking for police assistance when DHS was not allowed to see the minor they were concerned about. In Touch, which broke the story of Josh Duggar’s sexual molestation scandal, has the full transcript of the emergency call in the new issue.

Josh Duggar

(Photo Credit: Getty Images)

The new investigation comes as the family tries to save its TLC reality show, 19 Kids and Counting, which the network pulled off the air, while determining its fate. Jim Bob, Michelle and two of their daughters sat for interviews with Fox News, attempting to minimize the damage, but much of what they said was widely condemned as misinformation and not full disclosure.

RELATED: Moving Trucks Spotted at Josh Duggar's Maryland Home Amidst Molestation Scandal

The Duggars made no mention of the fact that they have been under investigation again, but In Touch discovered what they are hiding via another Freedom of Information Act request that produced the 911 call.

After identifying himself as a Washington Country DHS employee and stating the Duggar family address, the caller tells the 911 operator, “We have an investigation and I guess they’re not being cooperative. We have to see the child to make sure the child is all right. So we just need police assistance.”

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Mr Jaunts posted:

If more police officers were 'scared' of the consequences that come with killing people, the world would be a better place.

They were probably the same ones who were on Fox News when the protests were happening (in silhouette and voice changed). The guys said that nothing like this ever happened and that this was just the DA prosecuting them because of a media witch hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

EgoEgress posted:

I dunno, you tell me!

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2008/08/dear-lord-glenn-mccoy-one-nasty-cartoon