Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Guy Mann posted:

Between this, The Ship, and Surgeon Simulator it would be really cool if devs just all agreed to spare the world from their cutting edge political satire unless it involves Bill Clinton playing basketball.

Eek barba durkle looks like someone's getting laid in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the political commentary with Surgeon Simulator

I thought it was just a dumb physics game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's a new dlc where you operate on trump and either give him a gold heart or a stone heart

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Phantasium posted:

That report is likely not true because they wouldn't put a cellphone chip in something that's supposed to be able to handle ports from PS4 and Xbox One.

They said it's the same as the one of a freaking Shield somehow I don't see that happening.

For what it's worth, I have industry friends who say that they've heard similar rumors about the NX. It appears that there's at least some truth to the whole thing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The NX is going to be some ARM/x86 hybrid monstrosity where the ARM is in the handheld part and the x86 is in the dock and my money already went to Nintendo because I'm dumb and buy everything they make.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFRR0TuLVg

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Guy Mann posted:

Rangers are the only class that can take control of NPC squads after their leader dies, get a squad and they'll continue the song and mirror any shouts you make.

Nope

Any class can recruit dudes, just only the ranger can heal them with boxes.

They sing as long as you have control of them, either directly or if you recruited their leader

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wing divers have no recorded singing lines and it makes the game unfun to play as one in when all your pals are spamming songs

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

bloodychill posted:

The NX is going to be some ARM/x86 hybrid monstrosity where the ARM is in the handheld part and the x86 is in the dock and my money already went to Nintendo because I'm dumb and buy everything they make.

E: i bought a wii u, played Bayonetta sp and mk8 mp, still felt it was worth it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I cut my finger while cooking so now it hurts to play games :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm buying nx for sure but after years of nintendo handheld ownership the question is before or after it gets its 2nd gen redesign to add the backlight, remove the ugly and bulk, make the core gimmick work correctly, and add second analog stick support

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm buying nx for sure but after years of nintendo handheld ownership the question is before or after it gets its 2nd gen redesign to add the backlight, remove the ugly and bulk, make the core gimmick work correctly, and add second analog stick support

As someone who owns a 3DS/3DS XL/New 3DS XL the answer is obviously buy all the NXs

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

there's a new dlc where you operate on trump and either give him a gold heart or a stone heart
that's kinda cute

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im buying NX but if no backwards compatibility is true, that pushes me even more towards emulation for older Nintendo stuff

I seriously cant quadruple dip or whatever on Virtual Console games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

im buying NX but if no backwards compatibility is true, that pushes me even more towards emulation for older Nintendo stuff

I seriously cant quadruple dip or whatever on Virtual Console games

i'm hoping they do VC subscription but they probably won't

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CrashCat posted:

that's kinda cute

all the tools are made of gold and the health syringe is replaced with trump vodka that you pour in his mouth

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm glad to support legal emulation with my wallet wherever it exists but i've softened and become okay with the idea of some video games falling under the grey area of abandonware

it's not 100% legal, but some holding company owning copyright of a game from an extinct developer is not really in the actual spirit of copyright law which is to foster creation of the arts and sciences

i'm actually not sure if VC will even be on NX because it's entirely possible that Nintendo sees more money in releasing things like NES Mini separately

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's ok as long as you delete the rom within 24 hours :)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i'm glad to support legal emulation with my wallet wherever it exists but i've softened and become okay with the idea of some video games falling under the grey area of abandonware

it's not 100% legal, but some holding company owning copyright of a game from an extinct developer is not really in the actual spirit of copyright law which is to foster creation of the arts and sciences

i'm actually not sure if VC will even be on NX because it's entirely possible that Nintendo sees more money in releasing things like NES Mini separately

i adhere to a rule of "prohibitively hard to acquire", and usually that means price

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just finished Dragon Age Inquisition again and I forgot how much of a massive game it really is. You kinda have to set aside an entire month to chew through the entire thing if you want to be pointlessly thorough (the only way to play). Clocked in at 88 hours being pretty completionist with everything.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i adhere to a rule of r they charging an acceptable amount for a 20 year old video game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Stux posted:

i adhere to a rule of r they charging an acceptable amount for a 20 year old video game

This. I will pay 2 bucks or whatever it is to play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on Steam.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

dc universe online: yes or no?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i could buy a legit copy of earthbound for my snes for like $175

or i could just get it on the wii u vc for like $8

hmmmm......

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lizard Wizard posted:

dc universe online: yes or no?

lol no you idiot

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New pac man looks so good!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgwvOBBxxQ

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Awesome! posted:

lol no you idiot

well geez man i was just thinking about champions online and i wanted to play a version of that where you don't have to subscribe to customize your power set

geez!!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i meant that more affectionately than negatively

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

i could buy a legit copy of earthbound for my snes for like $175

or i could just get it on the wii u vc for like $8

hmmmm......

8 bucks is too much wtf

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

well geez man i was just thinking about champions online and i wanted to play a version of that where you don't have to subscribe to customize your power set

geez!!

...is champions online good to play without a sub, i don't know, i'm so out of touch

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I tried out the Neverwinter mmo on PS4 because half my friends list was playing it and found it to be garbage. Just a heads up. Especially if you already play FF14, which is probably the best the genre has to offer, don't bother with Neverwinter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

8 bucks is too much wtf

Its like a 30 hour game isn't it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

i adhere to a rule of "prohibitively hard to acquire", and usually that means price
i think of games like illusion of gaia where quintet no longer exists which means some IP farm has the rights and that does not serve the original purpose of copyright law because they're not creators or artists

OTOH if a developer still owns the rights to their 20 yo game and they say "we dont want people stealing it" then fine I'll respect that. but consider making it available for purchase! imagine konami was represented by a single person and I was staring at that person while I typed that out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Up to like 15 bucks is fine for older games, as long as the game is good

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
some games are just trapped in an IP clusterfuck and will probably never see the light of day again

like star fox 1, yoshi's island, donkey kong or no one lives forever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

Its like a 30 hour game isn't it?

so?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Instant Sunrise posted:

some games are just trapped in an IP clusterfuck and will probably never see the light of day again

like star fox 1, yoshi's island, donkey kong or no one lives forever
NOLF is the most frustrating one because none of the companies can prove that they're the one with the copyright and all they know is they wont allow a re-release. which helps no one and contributes nothing to art. just petty garbage

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you buy earthbound on wii u maybe they'll localise mother 3

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

helps no one and contributes nothing to art. just petty garbage
copyright law in a nutshell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace