Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Ramadu you and anyone else can play GW2 with me and Greywords. It's good filler between overwatch event cycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Erdricks posted:

Ramadu you and anyone else can play GW2 with me and Greywords. It's good filler between overwatch event cycles.

Do they still have tons of servers? If so, which one you folks on?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Interestingly enough, guild wars 2 being an example of a game the devs severely hosed up with the last xpac, but seemingly learned what not to do and started making the more recent content much better.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Do they still have tons of servers? If so, which one you folks on?

Grey and I are on blackgate (it was totally by chance, too, or more like destiny?). Most goons are on Maguuma. Only matters for world v world content.

If you want to kill goons, play on blackgate.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

90% chance brevik's game has talking cows in it or you play as a cow or fight cows and he still thinks it's a super cool and fun reference to when he made a good game instead of just really exhausting

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

90% chance brevik's game has talking cows in it or you play as a cow or fight cows and he still thinks it's a super cool and fun reference to when he made a good game instead of just really exhausting

Still will be better than MvCi

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

So checking the last page here, is this game dead and buried? I played it a couple f years ago and was thinking of trying it out again.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Moriatti posted:

So checking the last page here, is this game dead and buried? I played it a couple f years ago and was thinking of trying it out again.

There was a big update which changed the game significantly, some people rolled with it and kept playing but a lot of people quit. The playerbase is small right now and due to Gaz developing the same game (more or less, tweaked) for the PS4 their attention is devided and a lot of people believe this means that MH is going to be ignored. Its still fun to play in my opinion and I like a few of the changes they made in the big update (consolidate skills, more heroes got buffed to be at least relatively viable, these days there are only a couple that people would say are outright bad) But at the end of the day its the same old MH with the same grindfest gameplay. The Anniversary event is on right now and on PC you can get 1000 Eternity Splinters for not too much work which is great for randoming a few new heroes. I would say play it if you feel like it but it is far from its heyday of 20+ goons on at all times, nowadays there may only be 2 or 3.

Overall Im currently enjoying my time with it but Im sure I will get bored again and look it up in another year and see if it has been abandoned or not.

edit: PC version has new cosmic version of artifacts so many of the old BiS are not BiS anymore because they dont have this cosmic bonus, Gaz claims Omega gear will be coming at some point that is going to be above Uniques but we shall see, it may end up just petering out.

Kea fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 16, 2017

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Game is kind of dead, but it's still a decent f2p arpg. This thread is haunted by the ghosts of people who have 1000-6000 hours played, suffering from lower back and carpal tunnel injuries, and are bitter that the development team fell to trash after certain clutch devs left and ran out of content.

RIP Doomsaw.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I've been playing a lot lately. I only played a few hours before BUE though so I can't comment on the changes. Totally get peoples frustrations but I'm having fun still.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Even with no new real end game content in two years, it's still better than Future Fight.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Game will be fun again once they add the Omega items, until then it's just a grind for loot that will be rendered obsolete at any moment

I don't know why they gave us like half an update to the game. Also it's June 2017 and the game is still called Marvel Heroes 2016.

It's a lot of fun if you're just starting out or returning after a few years away, but the endgame stuff is not great for long term players right now.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Cool, I'll see if I can trick invite any of my friends into starting it to kill a little time.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kelp Plankton posted:

I don't know why they gave us like half an update to the game.
Because they overestimated the gently caress out of their ability to deliver the rest of it in an even remotely timely fashion. See also: removing the uniques-to-credit chests/relics recipes because Omega items will totally be here Soon, guys!

Not that splitting the update into several parts wasn't a bad idea to begin with, of course.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Just ask them what their favorite comic book hero is, and lure from there. The game as it is has a lot of unpolished bits that need that other update to drop so they are actually not ridiculous. I've only around 500 hours in MH but if I hadn't had to move I probably would have kept going til the ps4 beta happened on PC. Luckily for me, that breath of fresh air showed me that this game just isn't as fun for me anymore. poo poo happens, we move on. Game is definitely still solid tho, just needs some new content (lol) to keep people interested past the 60.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

The anniversary event's gotten me back to logging in every day, and I'm having a good time with the current state of the game. Gaz put enough splinters in the anniversary vendor to get a few teamups that I wanted to try, there's stuff to spend armor/worldstone/danger room credits on (still nothing new in the omega files vendor), and the danger room leaderboards are encouraging me to try new builds and use a modicum of skill/concentration. And if you want to prestige, Odin boxes are giving about a million XP a box, un-boosted.

I have to say that I hope that the omega equipment never arrives. There's no chance that they're going to come up with items that make play more interesting for 50+ different heroes, (though the inevitable bugs and broken balance may be fun for a while). When your sole competitive advantage is the IP, why would you throw away a good chunk of your lore-related stuff? Just give us lvl 72/75 uniques with a new play mode to earn it in. If they have actually come up with a fun proc or two, they can throw them on an any-hero unique.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Juggs is super sweet now!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Guy on the o-forums spent something like 10k Gs on various boxes because the in-game store erroneously described them as containing a number of guaranteed Avengers Assemble boosts. (What do you mean, all that stuff was phased out months ago?) They didn't, he contacted customer service, and they gave him…a bunch of SHIELD experience boosts.

:gaz:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BabyFur Denny posted:

I mostly miss the raccoon GIFs

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
What did avengers assemble boosts do?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

They were another separate stackable XP booster, that gained increased benefit when partied with players also using them. They were nothing special, but like all the other varied XP boosts they were phased out so that guy probably thought he found a way to get some extra stacking XP above the SHIELD XP boosts. Unsurprisingly it was just a tool-tip mistake.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

Because they overestimated the gently caress out of their ability to deliver the rest of it in an even remotely timely fashion. See also: removing the uniques-to-credit chests/relics recipes because Omega items will totally be here Soon, guys!

Not that splitting the update into several parts wasn't a bad idea to begin with, of course.

My guess is that they had been working on the BUE for quite a long time and once the new CEO came in and said, 'CONSOLES!', it hosed up their development timeline as that took priority over everything else. So, they pushed out what they had done with the first part of the BUE update since that was pretty much finished and pushed back the rest of it until after the console version is up and running. Also, I can't imagine having 3 different creative directors in a couple years or whatever is helpful for consistency in planning and execution.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I deleted Clash Royale and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for both being unfun repetitive boring grinds. Should I give this game a chance?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
As someone who is relatively new to this game i'll say uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe not

its fun trying new dudes but after that its the same content over and over and over and over and over

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

As someone who is relatively new to this game i'll say uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe not

its fun trying new dudes but after that its the same content over and over and over and over and over

Thanks for the heads-up. Seriously, I do appreciate it, moving on now.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also what the hell you can't do danger rooms with 2 people? is there anything good for 2 people that arent all cosmic level or anything?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hm yeah you should be able to do danger room scenarios with any number of people in the party

unless you're trying to do a special tournament scenario?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i didnt see which one he dropped and we didnt try again i didn't consider that maybe it was a tourney one, didn't think to ask even. kept saying I couldnt join in a party so we just hosed off on midtown. will try again sometime I guess

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Just got a 3 day suspension for telling someone to sperg out less, i stand by my comment but oh well. I do find it impressive that the only thing Gaz that seems to work is the report system.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kea posted:

Just got a 3 day suspension for telling someone to sperg out less, i stand by my comment but oh well. I do find it impressive that the only thing Gaz that seems to work is the report system.

Actually, the only thing Gaz seems to get to work is their uncanny ability to lose players and dwindle their player population. Welcome to the club.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Is there a mic feature in the PS4 version? It's pretty boring solo and no one ever responds to my mic. Do you specifically have to be in a party to talk?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is there a mic feature in the PS4 version? It's pretty boring solo and no one ever responds to my mic. Do you specifically have to be in a party to talk?

No one ever teams unless a mission auto-teams you.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
They cut the price of the storage upgrade in half like two days after I broke down and purchased one on PS4. It's only $2.50, but that's probably going to stop me from putting anymore cash into the game. It's not like it's a sale, they just reduced the price and didn't offer anyone anything just like with the loot boxes that they upgraded.

I'm quickly becoming that which I hate about this thread.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

On the console forums, KomoriMan posted:

Sorry but we are not issuing refunds or price protection at this time.
That almost makes it sound like there's no price protection on consoles as a rule. If that's true it's…pretty unfortunate.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
They said this game was released, but still in beta, and there weren't going to be anymore wipes. That implies to me it's safe to invest time and some money into the game. I don't expect any compensation/reimbursement in this situation but not getting that is definitely a sign of how they are going to handle these things. Putting a bad taste in the mouth of people who already made these purchases seems really dumb, considering if they are playing now and spending money those are the kinds of people you would want to keep happy.

I was actually thinking about buying one of the $60 packs to put me over the Spend $100 deal, but I guess I'll just buy another year of PS+ or skip out on the deal.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that on the PC you could have had a refund of the difference with a support ticket (at least back in the day) but given how badly the PC is apparently bleeding money I wouldn't be surprised if they've pulled back on that kind of customer service just to keep their heads above water.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
they still do the price protection on pc, I just used it like 3 weeks ago.

for now anyhow

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

the carrier seems like a great deal if you want to convert them to a bunch of ultimate upgrade tokens. I haven't tried but it's still listed as available to buy after buying it once already. Might be worth it if you have a bunch of cake hanging around.

Ghostlight posted:

You can't buy the carrier if you've already activated the team-up.

Because today was login 366 for me, I've been reminded of something relevant to this: the 2-Year Anniversary Cake comes with the Iron Man Mk II team up that everyone presumably has already. It's 25% more expensive than the Helicarrier if you haven't already activated it, but it's not too bad for what you're getting. The rest of the explosion was garbage, but hey 125 slice ult tokens.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Because today was login 366 for me, I've been reminded of something relevant to this: the 2-Year Anniversary Cake comes with the Iron Man Mk II team up that everyone presumably has already. It's 25% more expensive than the Helicarrier if you haven't already activated it, but it's not too bad for what you're getting. The rest of the explosion was garbage, but hey 125 slice ult tokens.

Pretty sure it doesnt, If this is on PC I bought a 2 year cake and didnt get a teamup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
"An update. The PS4 thing isn't going to happen, sorry. But... I do now have the money for my Guardians Founders Pack ready on my Microsoft account the second Beta hits Xbox One. I was constantly worried about making that happen, very happy now."

Leowyld worried about the prospect of saving up £30.

"June of 1976, Marvel Preview #7 first introduced the world to Rocket Raccoon. Marvel Preview was a monthly publication, more like a magazine than a comic book, in that regard - so, it did not have a specific release day, per se. As such, I picked a day in the middle of the month, the 15th, to be a celebratory date of Rocket's debut...

So it is, June 15th is Rocket Raccoon Day. This year is his 41st anniversary (not as important as last year). Honestly, I have no big plans, myself - but thought I'd let all the Raccoonatics in the Marvel Heroes community know!"

Celebrate by... errr not.