Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TBeats posted:

Tax man don't care about Kim's car crash. And this whole thing was to beat the tax deadline.

Kim said she was dedicating all her time to Mesa Verde, and this shows them she wasn't.

Kim is screwed unless she goes the way of Slippin' Jimmy.

Mesa Verde is what led her to work with Gatwood. If she can still work, I doubt she'd lose Mesa Verde. In reality, I'd think the Gatwood guy would be pissed off the deadline would be missed and probably stop working with Kim. Though this is in the Breaking Bad world so I'm sure Vince Gilligan will gently caress over Kim in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did Gus strike you as a millionaire?

There's actually a great book called "The Millionaire Next Door" that talks about the fact that most millionaires don't look like what you'd picture as millionaires. (Because you don't become a millionaire by buying nice cars and fancy clothes, and many of them own blue collar businesses.)

Also, didn't somebody refer to Fring as "Generalissimo" at one point? That might explain Lydia's comment...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hector was taking his power walk when Kim hit him, causing his paralysis. The pills were actually just for chronic diarrhea.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Hector was taking his power walk when Kim hit him, causing his paralysis. The pills were actually just for chronic diarrhea.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Also, didn't somebody refer to Fring as "Generalissimo" at one point? That might explain Lydia's comment...

Hector calls him that in a flashback and in a different flashback after Max gets shot Eladio tells him "the only reason he's dead and you aren't is because I know who you are but you are not in Chile anymore."

It's very vague and I would be absolutely thrilled if we could get more details on that in BCS.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Man, that last shot had papers and poo poo EVERYWHERE... literally."

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Jimmy will be banging Francesca, so won't answer Kim's calls for help.

Someone please convince me this won't happen.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Nah he'll just be tanked on gimmicky tequila

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm gonna devil's advocate for Jimmy; the social isolation would clearly be temporary. Once the settlement​ comes in all would be forgiven. Also, especially at that age 4k now when you can enjoy it more is better than 6k in five years, so if anything he's doing her a favor.

Also, who among us wouldn't do the same thing with a million dollars on the line? Let he who has not manipulated an old lady to the point where she loses her friends and breaks down in tears cast the first stone

( Jesus Christ Jimmy :smith: )

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
So is there a legitimate reason for HHM to be stalling on a settlement, aside from getting more attorney's fees?

I know it's largely a matter of opinion and smarmy gently caress like Howard can make the argument that they should maximize returns, but how much can these old people expect, and will that amount increase an extraordinary amount?

Ex: growing a settlement from 10k to 15k might not be worth a 3 year delay, but growing it from 10k to 100k might.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

So is there a legitimate reason for HHM to be stalling on a settlement, aside from getting more attorney's fees?

I know it's largely a matter of opinion and smarmy gently caress like Howard can make the argument that they should maximize returns, but how much can these old people expect, and will that amount increase an extraordinary amount?

Ex: growing a settlement from 10k to 15k might not be worth a 3 year delay, but growing it from 10k to 100k might.

Jimmy said they might get each person an extra grand or so, though he's not so reliable.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

Jimmy said they might get each person an extra grand or so, though he's not so reliable.

It seems he earnestly believes it, and Hamlin didn't exactly counter his argument

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
This is probably a stupid question but why was Hector so pissed about Gus' trucks being the sole transporters? He's the one that forced it on Gus in the first place.

Oh my god. Every time Hector starts twitching and grunting and grasping for his pills I am going to think of this.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jables88 posted:

I wonder what Lydia is alluding to about Gus being more than a drug dealer.

Obviously we know he's an extremely accomplished drug baron by the events of BB and she obviously sees that that's possible for him, but I wonder to what extent if any she's referring to his mysterious past in Chile.

when Lydia said Gus is more than just a drug dealer she just means he has a huge operation and isn't some common low-level operator

don't be so dense it's not a secret hidden message

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Fascinating that Lydia is so much less crazy than she ends up becoming. You can see some of the fear in Laura Fraser's performance, but she's a far cry from screaming into her pillow. She's basically got her poo poo together.

I suppose that decline is something else we can look forward to. Neat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This is probably a stupid question but why was Hector so pissed about Gus' trucks being the sole transporters? He's the one that forced it on Gus in the first place.

After he lost his transportation, he forced Gus to transport his stuff as a show of power until he could get set up again. Then Don Eladio saw how smoothly everything was going with Gus transporting and decided to keep it that way for good. Hector is pissed off because now he depends on Gus and is no longer allowed to transport his own supply.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Ah, thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Yeah, if all of Hector's supply is coming through Gus's distribution system, he's effectively become Gus's underling. He's become that much easier to cut out of the power structure entirely when he's bringing no more to the table than anyone else who sells that product under Gus.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

If next episode doesn't show me a happy Irene walking in the mall with her chair yoga friends, I'm gonna spit <:mad:> .

Cnut the Great posted:

"Ho ho ho, yes, Howard, yes! I love electricity, can't get enough of it. They called me Mr. Electrico back in high school, you know. Look, now I'm even putting the electricity in my mouth, ha ha ha hahaoahaoahohorrrhrgggggg"
This made me choke, thank you.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Tell me if I'm following this correctly: Hector is taking the poison pills but now that he's gone independent Vargas is forced to let him use his dad's business to deal drugs for a few weeks until the poison kicks in.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

snoremac posted:

Tell me if I'm following this correctly: Hector is taking the poison pills but now that he's gone independent Vargas is forced to let him use his dad's business to deal drugs for a few weeks until the poison kicks in.

They aren't poison.

But yes that's the gist of it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

snoremac posted:

I'm under the impression that only some of the pills are 'blank' or 'not helpful', and it's just a matter of time before he takes one of those instead of the real ones. Maybe I'm confused?

But yes, the rest of that I think you have correctly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Nacho counted the pills in Hector's bottle and replaced all of them with duplicates filled with ibuprofen.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If he replaced nitroglycerin with ibuprofen, a quick google tells me that people take nitroglycerin for artery blockages, and ibuprofen as a blood thinner would "prevent clots from forming on these blockages which can result in a cardiac emergency."

so it's like negative medicine

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Nacho's dad was in the new Twin Peaks. Would have been cool if they found a role for Odenkirk. Seems like he would do well in the Lynch universe.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Nacho counted the pills in Hector's bottle and replaced all of them with duplicates filled with ibuprofen.

Ah, thanks. I thought it was like a Russian Roulette sort of deal, like 'which time will be the ibuprophen one?'.

Man, Hector is hosed :toot:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ah, thanks. I thought it was like a Russian Roulette sort of deal, like 'which time will be the ibuprophen one?'.

Man, Hector is hosed :toot:

Pretty sure theyre all ibuprophen pills now. Just that Hectors last attack wasn't severe and subsided on it's own. It'll catch up to him soon enough.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Did Jimmy break the law with Irene? He was very careful not to give legal advice, which he's not allowed to do. He didn't take any money from her. The rest was just Jimmy being a manipulative dick. Seems like he's legally clean here.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jawdins posted:

Did Jimmy break the law with Irene? He was very careful not to give legal advice, which he's not allowed to do. He didn't take any money from her. The rest was just Jimmy being a manipulative dick. Seems like he's legally clean here.

Rigging bingo is probably illegal.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Jawdins posted:

he used an old woman to break my heart. thats illegal

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

Is it normal for class action suits to have one 'lead' claimant that has final say over everything? And is it normal for that person to have almost zero understanding of the case and to just do what the lawyers say?

It is normal for class actions lawsuits to have a small number of "class representatives" such as Irene. I don't think its too out of the ordinary for there to be only one class rep, but given the Irene's age it would be prudent for there to be more than one.

The class reps are supposed to be able and willing to represent the interests of the class, which means they are supposed to be able to understand the case and willing to do whatever they need to represent the class.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

It is normal for class actions lawsuits to have a small number of "class representatives" such as Irene. I don't think its too out of the ordinary for there to be only one class rep, but given the Irene's age it would be prudent for there to be more than one.

The class reps are supposed to be able and willing to represent the interests of the class, which means they are supposed to be able to understand the case and willing to do whatever they need to represent the class.

It's very likely Jimmy mucked with things to get a single person in charge that he could most easily manipulate. He just didn't count on losing his law license and having to use outside forces to manipulate her into signing.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

It's very likely Jimmy mucked with things to get a single person in charge that he could most easily manipulate. He just didn't count on losing his law license and having to use outside forces to manipulate her into signing.

Well, yeah. That's just good common sense.

cowtown
Jul 4, 2007

the cow's a friend to me

Steve2911 posted:

Rigging bingo is probably illegal.

I hope Mike was around to warn him to switch the magnetic bingo balls back with the regular ones after he was done.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

If he replaced nitroglycerin with ibuprofen, a quick google tells me that people take nitroglycerin for artery blockages, and ibuprofen as a blood thinner would "prevent clots from forming on these blockages which can result in a cardiac emergency."

so it's like negative medicine

Nitroglycerin immediately widens your blood vessels thus increasing blood flow and decreasing blood pressure. It can also be immediately absorbed by the membranes in your mouth so it is often seen as emergency spray (in a non explodable solution of course) or as a pill you put under someones tongue.

Ibuprofen does all sorts of things, but except beeing suspected to cause high blood pressure in overdose situations AFAIK (and I am not an expert), it does nothing much regarding strokes, blood pressure and those sort of things Hector obviously suffers from. IMHO it can be considered neutral in the implied medical context.

Aspirin -just for context reasons- is a blood thinner which does not change your blood pressure but prevents the goo from clotting. A classical stroke or heart attack is usually a clot of goo beeing stuck in a major pipeline.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I thought that Jimmy rigging the bingo game was the point he finally became Saul. But when I saw Irene's crying face, I realized that it was actually the point he became Heisenberg.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I wonder if Irene actually settled or if Jimmy just celebrated prematurely because he believed he orchestrated the whole thing so beautifully and had this one in the bag.

"Liste to your heart, Irene" made me think that she would go and drop the lawsuit to "turn things back to the way they were before". Which, in the Breaking Bad universe, makes total sense.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I don't think she could drop the lawsuit even if she wanted to.

I once got a check for a class action payout. I hadn't even heard of the suit before that. These things are run 100% by the lawyers. They'd probably just pick another class representative if she withdrew her claim.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mcbexx posted:

I wonder if Irene actually settled or if Jimmy just celebrated prematurely because he believed he orchestrated the whole thing so beautifully and had this one in the bag.

"Liste to your heart, Irene" made me think that she would go and drop the lawsuit to "turn things back to the way they were before". Which, in the Breaking Bad universe, makes total sense.
Maybe she'll kill herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

he used an old woman to break my heart. thats illegal

intentional infliction of emotional distress!

*lies down on ground*

cowtown posted:

I hope Mike was around to warn him to switch the magnetic bingo balls back with the regular ones after he was done.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that gets discovered and ends up making someone (old people? Kim? all of the above?) really turn on him.

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 13, 2017

• Locked thread