Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So should I go with Lancelot/Emiya/*support Waver? I only have one Kaleidoscope though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Problem with Emiya is that there are no Sabers until Nero shows up, so his NP is not going to be strong until then. Otherwise that might work, though you could very easily get unlucky with some crits or if they gang up on Lancelot. Do you have George?

Assuming you don't have to worry about folks dying I think the rough idea is two AOE NPs (so Lancelot, Tamamo Cat, Artoria/Saber Alter, Altera) to take care of the first 6 guys, and then whomever is left gang up on Nero.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Nero Fest Grand Final is up.

Trip report: Got my rear end kicked, but cheated my way through using the power of I ORDER EVERYONE TO COME BACK TO LIFE DAMMIT

Started with Tamacat / Jeanne / Waver (Support). The two Cus don't offer much resistance, but then Gilgamesh spawns and I take an Enema Elish to the face. My own Cu replaces Tamacat and is soundly ignored for a few rounds, allowing him to pull off an amazing 3-round last stand against Nero. Shame he couldn't do much damage, but it was really impressive while it lasted.

Public service reminder: Gil has a 3-round NP charge and a skill to charge his NP. Do not get caught by his NP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Everything is so much easier when you have Waver and a Kaleido Lancelot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Nate RFB posted:

Problem with Emiya is that there are no Sabers until Nero shows up, so his NP is not going to be strong until then. Otherwise that might work, though you could very easily get unlucky with some crits or if they gang up on Lancelot. Do you have George?

Assuming you don't have to worry about folks dying I think the rough idea is two AOE NPs (so Lancelot, Tamamo Cat, Artoria/Saber Alter, Altera) to take care of the first 6 guys, and then whomever is left gang up on Nero.

So George/Lancelot/Sup Waver + Emiya/Cu/Proto Cu?

My George is only level 40 though :(

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I beat Carmilla first and farmed arts cards off the two Cu's since I don't have better starting NP than 50%, then nuked down everyone else. Not too bad.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

So George/Lancelot/Sup Waver + Emiya/Cu/Proto Cu?

My George is only level 40 though :(
Mine's only 45 and he lasted until Nero showed up, though I also decked him out with a Defense-boosting CE (I forget what it's called, but it's the one with Kotomine that's 4*).

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been beating it consistently with a high level support Jeanne. It becomes a battle of attrition when Nero is the last one but her skills and NP helps so drat much.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Now that I've got Protection from Wind on Hassan I put him in the back line for this since Cu would be a waste of space against Nero. Seemed to work out okay, but his damage is still very weak.
Fortunately this Nero either doesn't have or didn't use Thrice-Setting Sun, or the last leg would have been even more of a slog.

edit: Might try Medea next time instead?

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 1, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I recently got Medea's NP skill up to 6 from all the gems yesterday, so I'm currently considering a Lancelot/Kaleidscope, George, Medea setup with an AOE NP support in the back three. That would be three AOEs effectively in one go and should hopefully clear the whole lot.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah I recently got Medea's NP skill up to 6 from all the gems yesterday, so I'm currently considering a Lancelot/Kaleidscope, George, Medea setup with an AOE NP support in the back three. That would be three AOEs effectively in one go and should hopefully clear the whole lot.

I'm not sure I follow? Medea's NP is single-target and she can't boost anyone else's NP gauge, so I don't see where you're getting the other two AoE NPs from?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh darn you're right, shows how much I've used her. I'm just trying to think of what the easiest way might be to get three AOE NPs off with only one Kaleidoscope on hand (and another presumably in the support). Probably best to not overthink it and just stay with my original strategy since that seemed to work well enough.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got to the end with a team of Jeanne, Altoria, and Friend Herc, then Waver and Mash in the wings, but had to burn a quartz when I got to Nero and Gil. Mash, who was my final character standing, actually finished off Gil from pretty high health, which I thought was pretty great. Now that I know how the fight goes I can probably form a more coherent team.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I went in with my bond levelling team so with Nero at 7k HP her NP wiped me. Used command seal and won.

Its an easy fight if you have 5*s.

Waver, Herc and friend Arthur. If my back line had some regular 3* its easy to pull through.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

On JP, it looks like we're getting swimsuit Raikou in addition to the previously announced new servants for the new Summer event.

She has a doofy hat.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Swimsuit raikou was toted for a while, so she was expected

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Appreciating the humor of swimsuit saber alter and nitocris wearing more than usual somehow.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

so Nero can literally endlessly spam Imperial Privledge, getting the buff 6+ times and keep healing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Appreciating the humor of swimsuit saber alter and nitocris wearing more than usual somehow.

Nitocris yes, but Saber Alter never showed that much skin.

And I supposed a strange mishmash of meido and swimsuit does indeed appeal to some people, but not to me. Hopefully they follow the trend of swimsuit Servants having large changes in Ascension cotumes.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Are there any swimsuit male servants?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EzEight posted:

Are there any swimsuit male servants?

There's CE art for a couple but no full alternate servants yet. We'll have to see what the rest of this year's Summer servants are.

I'm half expecting swimsuit Astolfo or Orion, which would just make the question harder to answer.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

PlasticAutomaton posted:

so Nero can literally endlessly spam Imperial Privledge, getting the buff 6+ times and keep healing

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thank god for command seals, yikes.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah, jesus. I actually managed to hold on pretty well by having Jeanne's NP save me from getting exploded by Gilgamesh, but once Nero hit the fray she buffed herself four or five times quickly and basically became an absurd tank. Wound up losing to attrition and her NP before having to blow the command seal res.

Mission's sure lucrative if you can farm it (looks like 12-15+ gold medals a pop), but I think once is enough for me.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Vlad/Martha/Waver worked very well for me. Tarasque+Kazikli+ATK boost destroyed Nero easily and then I just slowly killed everyone while the DEF boost and heals made things not really dangerous.

Virtue posted:

brb spending money

Yeah if you like the game and have a decent account, it's worth it. Had a friend lose their P&D account of 2 years after their phone broke since they had only thier Friend ID and couldn't really prove it was theirs having not bought anything. They didn't start over after that :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, it was not really that noticeable before, but the fact that enemy Servant can use their skills with absolutely no limit or cooldown is completely retarded.

Its completely random if last the match ends in me killing Nero in two turns or Nero wiping the floor with my whole team.

Btw. with 3 Imperial Privilege defense buffs up, buster brave chained Enmua Elish from lvl 72 Gilgamesh with Charisma, Tactics and the Mystic Code ATK buff up does 5k damage to Nero. She had them up on second turn after appearing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If only there was a 3* Servant with incredible NP gain and an NP that can be used to nullify buffs.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Well this last event really shows me how much of a crutch using a support kaleido Lancelot is. I guess I'll start levelling kiyohime and plop another lb dragons meridian on her.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pureauthor posted:

If only there was a 3* Servant with incredible NP gain and an NP that can be used to nullify buffs.

Or clothings that can nullify buffs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

If only everyone had her! Though I guess there is support. Still for people lacking lots of high quality (S)SRs, that means giving up something else good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
woop managed to beat it without a command seal but it came down to the wire

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It's essentially the last optional boss of the event so it's meant to be hard and to require specific strategies, at least to some extent. Obviously in this case that strategy can be as simple as "kill Nero before she buffs herself".

Certainly this is nothing compared to the what the final Nero battle will look like when they repeat this event.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Or clothings that can nullify buffs.

OH MY GOD I did not realize this. In this case losing the heal, evade and attack buff is pretty much fair trade.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lt. Lizard posted:

OH MY GOD I did not realize this. In this case losing the heal, evade and attack buff is pretty much fair trade.

I'm glad my slightly sarcastic remark turned out to be actually useful. :)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Enemies have zero cooldown on their skills. Zero. Cooldown.

loving Protection From Arrows.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

People were also kvetching about Waver in the first round, remember?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I never feel like I can justify losing the evade for the debuff, personally. That evade is just too crucial for keeping a vital servant alive when the enemy gets a NP off.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
I got caught off guard by Carmilla charging herself and murking my herc earlier than expected and then gil NPed two turns in a row so I had to command seal. IMO this isn't really farmable for most since there are a couple different scenarios that lead to failure and it seems pretty difficult to plan/build for all contingencies. Of course I also don't have a waver (or any 5*) so maybe I'm just a scrub.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Yeah I think the crucial pieces here to kinda sleepwalk through it is either a waver or kaleido Lancelot. Lancelot to nuke the first servant wave down, melt Gil in the next round or two with lancelot/herc, then herc np on Nero and the rest is a breeze.

Just have one of those and get the other as support and it's pretty painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Different Mystic Codes are available already? Where do I get em?