Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get in that boy's hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

isnt it max shameful in wormhole bushido to self destruct your stuff rather than fighting?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hexel posted:

isnt it max shameful in wormhole bushido to self destruct your stuff rather than fighting?

Yup, and guess who got salty about that in the past.

Hard Knocks

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hexel posted:

Not against nullsec players

Also if they pop that keepstar that is going to be an enormous lossmail. I genuinely never thought it would die outside of massive internal sabotage. Seeding ships in for a year though, just goes to show what an insane amount of effort it takes to make it possible.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Good. gently caress Hard Knocks.

I've both fought them and flown with them a couple times in the past. They're a pile of entitled, lazy fat-cat elite PvP shitstains whose mere existence is one of the major causes of C5+ wormhole space becoming a loving wasteland of sexless krab renters and fuckheads who never fight without complete, overwhelming advantage.

It's about time someone shits in their Cheerios, and I couldn't be happier it's the biggest bully in the playground doing it. I only regret that I may not be able to put my name on the killmails.

gently caress Hard Knocks and their rentier sensibilities. gently caress their allies and pets. Burn them all.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My only regret is I don’t have a cloaky hauler ready to scoop dank lootz

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexel posted:

pretty sure its the :effort: that is quite remarkable

most folks log into an mmo and do a daily, even a weekly but to spend an entire year doing a thing to set up for another thing is unique to eve

im impressed

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
My favorite part is tdsin and pospy demanding money to come help hk. loving :haw:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carth Dookie posted:

Not against nullsec players

Also if they pop that keepstar that is going to be an enormous lossmail. I genuinely never thought it would die outside of massive internal sabotage. Seeding ships in for a year though, just goes to show what an insane amount of effort it takes to make it possible.

When a keepstar blows in WH space it drops all the loot, right? I wonder how much will come out...

I assume they will spite trash anything of value that cant be evacuated.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 11, 2018

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

trillions

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

"caprisunkraftfoods" posted:

I'm sure I'll talk about it more openly when this is all over but theres a lot of issues that came to a head here. I was well keen to go down swinging to the tune of Last Caress but people seemed more interested in getting as much money out as possible instead.

God all the jerking off about how dedicated and good at/for the game they are compared to null is coming good.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

4th Horseman posted:

God all the jerking off about how dedicated and good at/for the game they are compared to null is coming good.

wh was always dumb pubbies who survived on the fact that big groups didn't want to :effort: them out of their holes

hk has sat there for the past few years just getting rich and waving their dicks around; they even have a nullsec rental empire because their 1000-eveguy alliance managed to krab up a huge pile of supercaps and put the screws to the drf

i guess the problem with waving your dick around is eventually someone shows up with a knife

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

dragonshardz posted:

Good. gently caress Hard Knocks.

I've both fought them and flown with them a couple times in the past. They're a pile of entitled, lazy fat-cat elite PvP shitstains whose mere existence is one of the major causes of C5+ wormhole space becoming a loving wasteland of sexless krab renters and fuckheads who never fight without complete, overwhelming advantage.

It's about time someone shits in their Cheerios, and I couldn't be happier it's the biggest bully in the playground doing it. I only regret that I may not be able to put my name on the killmails.

gently caress Hard Knocks and their rentier sensibilities. gently caress their allies and pets. Burn them all.

Update: Got a ride in. poo poo kicks off basically right as I get home.

:toot:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

okay yep

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Hexel posted:

Update: max bushido's been knocked a tad too hard

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Supposedly The InitiativeDOT had been seeding freighters loaded with ravens into J115405 for an entire year. I don't know if that's actually true or not, but if so, goddamn.

ya this, as with all evictions, is the impressive part of the current campaign. massive logistical coordination from init made this happen

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

not even subbed and my heart is happy to hear this news

please continue to post meltdowns, quernsposting fills my heart with childlike glee

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

dragonshardz posted:

If it wasn't HK it would have been someone else.

W-space was a great concept that got derailed immediately when people figured out that rolling static connections = the map is under your control. Everything since then has proceeded along the same evolutionary path as nullsec, ie consolidation of power and gradual elimination of the losers.

CCP really should have altered the mechanics before people became entrenched, it was obvious what was gonna happen as soon as the first 'evictions' started happening. Wormholes as a reservoir of diversity would have been good for the game.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Klyith posted:

W-space was a great concept that got derailed immediately when people figured out that rolling static connections = the map is under your control. Everything since then has proceeded along the same evolutionary path as nullsec, ie consolidation of power and gradual elimination of the losers.

CCP really should have altered the mechanics before people became entrenched, it was obvious what was gonna happen as soon as the first 'evictions' started happening. Wormholes as a reservoir of diversity would have been good for the game.

I don't think there's much that :ccp: can do about this. You can't fight human nature and forming collective to control what surrounds you is a big part of this. Just because EVE is a virtual world, doesn't change people's mentality. And if there's something EVE players have proven time and time again, no in game restriction from :ccp: can beat out-of-game organization.

Whatever system anybody comes up with, people will organize out of game, a powerbloc will form somehow and the same thing will happen again.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Klyith posted:

I always thought they were little plucky bands of nerds fighting 20v20 and thumbing their noses and null. Don't tell me this is how it really works.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So does the keeptar itself not generate a lossmail?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Addamere posted:

So does the keeptar itself not generate a lossmail?

What? When/if it dies it will generate a lossmail.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
It does, that's them insurance frauding their own poo poo, extremely honorably.

It prevents INIT from getting killmails, because everyone knows goons are completely and solely motivated by the killboard.

See Also: NCdot blowing up their own faction fortizars to deny us killmails.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

4th Horseman posted:

I always thought they were little plucky bands of nerds fighting 20v20 and thumbing their noses and null. Don't tell me this is how it really works.

HK's MO was pretty much "rage roll until you find someone ratting solo, then poo poo on them". This included null, minus the whole raging rolling part (natch). They'd occasionally have fights with Lazerhawks and other larger entities, but never commit any significant assets, usually a capital or two.

They also had a non-trivial amount of supers stashed in k-space.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iospace posted:

HK's MO was pretty much "rage roll until you find someone ratting solo, then poo poo on them". This included null, minus the whole raging rolling part (natch). They'd occasionally have fights with Lazerhawks and other larger entities, but never commit any significant assets, usually a capital or two.

They would also find small groups and require them to fight ~honorably~ against HK, as defined by HK, for their amusement until HK was bored. If the small groups didn't play along to HK's satisfaction, HK would blob the poo poo out of them and evict them from their wormhole.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

4th Horseman posted:

Do dedicated WH groups really have people poopsocking the static connections 24/7? That sounds exhausting.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Is this the time where we all express amazement that another small gang pvp group turned out to be bad at PvP and folded quickly?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

As much as you guys itt are dunking on them it sounds like HK has just done what pretty much every other entity in the game has done: shout about how big their dicks are while picking on weaker people, then run away from anything threatening while claiming it doesn't count because reasons. What makes them such the deserving boogeyman more than any other random entity whose name I could pull from a hat at random, including Goon fleet waffe swarm fantasy space aquila?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Do dedicated WH groups really have people poopsocking the static connections 24/7? That sounds exhausting.

Probably not 24/7, but yeah the primary way wormhole dwellers operate is to roll their static until they get a hole that lets them launch a sneak attack against someone doing PVE.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Addamere posted:

As much as you guys itt are dunking on them it sounds like HK has just done what pretty much every other entity in the game has done: shout about how big their dicks are while picking on weaker people, then run away from anything threatening while claiming it doesn't count because reasons. What makes them such the deserving boogeyman more than any other random entity whose name I could pull from a hat at random, including Goon fleet waffe swarm fantasy space aquila?

talking about how big your dick is when its this little is an invitation for someone to pull out a ruler and a mallet

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Is this whole thing worth resubbing or will it be done by the time I enter my passwords?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

evilweasel posted:

talking about how big your dick is when its this little is an invitation for someone to pull out a ruler and a mallet

Stop doxxing me

Oh wait, you're still talking about Hk?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dalael posted:

Is this whole thing worth resubbing or will it be done by the time I enter my passwords?

i think the final timer which will create a loot pinata will be in a day or two

then there's a second keepstar

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Addamere posted:

Mostly because they dropped the first keepstar in the game (so it's a huge target), pretty much slapped their dicks on the table and said "evict us, shitheads".

Now that someone actually took them up on that challenge, they're folding and self destructing what they can.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, bigger bullies bully smaller bullies. But that seems to be the entire gist of the game in general, right?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

iospace posted:

Mostly because they dropped the first keepstar in the game (so it's a huge target), pretty much slapped their dicks on the table and said "evict us, shitheads".

Now that someone actually took them up on that challenge, they're folding and self destructing what they can.

I remember people on this very forum, saying this keepstar would never die. I'm glad people here are always wrong

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Really wouldn't be surprised if this kills them too. Leadership burning out already

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

ah, well. Nevertheless.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Addamere posted:

Yeah, bigger bullies bully smaller bullies. But that seems to be the entire gist of it, right?

yes, but rubbing their faces in it and telling them they deserve it is part of the bullying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

I remember people on this very forum, saying this keepstar would never die. I'm glad people here are always wrong

Yeah, most of us weren't really committed enough to spend an entire drat year seeding a WH to make it happen. Someone else was though!