Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hadlock posted:

Yeah but robots and automation have been on the horizon since they were first envisioned, progressing at a steady pace

The latest round of image AI is several generations ahead of what crude bullshit people were hacking together

This is more like the steam engine, but everyone got an engine in their factory, for free, on the same day, six weeks after it was announced

People in 100 years are gonna wake up and we're gonna have a "her" movie moment

Again, all this has existed for years, it’s simply locked away by nefarious lovely tech companies for their own hosed up uses, this was just the first time someone was rich enough and also stupid enough to actually release it publicly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

There are already stories of this very thing happening with AI chat bots.

Thanks Eliza

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
here it is

quote:

'I fell in love with my AI girlfriend - and it saved my marriage'

https://news.sky.com/story/i-fell-in-love-with-my-ai-girlfriend-and-it-saved-my-marriage-12548082

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Bottom Liner posted:

That's not what that is lol. He just drew over it.

Drew what? His signature? That's... also common for concept artists to include. I don't understand what you think is strange about that image.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

"this computer i built for videogames can make award-winning art in under 10 seconds" is not something i ever imagined i could say just one year ago

poo poo's crazy

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think I'm missing a plot twist because I thought the realistic Pokémon guy was a concept artist for Detective Pikachu?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Prolonged Panorama posted:

Drew what? His signature? That's... also common for concept artists to include. I don't understand what you think is strange about that image.

i thought that one was a screenshot he just inserted the pokemon in, which is why i edited my post

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Tunicate posted:

The crappy public-facing stuff from 2017 was still pretty passable . I guess it looks different if you haven't been following it

Now make her riding a unicorn, vapor wave, cosmic horror, hyper detailed, cinematic lighting, in the style of Picasso's blue period. Oh and her hair is made of actual honey

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
With a good enough prompt structure, you can turn it into anything…

Base prompt:

Edited prompt:

bust shot, evil monster ((bloody sinew spinal hair)), wet, ((torn flesh clothes)), (wide_eyes) (eyeliner), underwater , ((athletic, muscled)), geometric runes, intricate, elegant, glowing lights, dramatic lighting, blood teeth gore organs flesh guts offal bones, by greg rutkowski, Franz Xaver Winterhalter, octane render, ((bathtub background)),kneeling in water

Negative prompt: ugly, fat, obese, chubby, [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, , (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, penis, nose, eyes, lips, eyelashes, text,red_eyes, large_breasts

Steps: 28, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 8.5

Waifu diffusion model

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

That last one, but dos era VGA graphics

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Hadlock posted:

That last one, but dos era VGA graphics

I don't actually know what that looks like, but like this?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Or like this?

Last one:

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 17, 2022

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I was just thinking, pixel art from videogames is probably an area that could be easily improved. In that, I suspect (though who knows) no one has really trained an AI on a sizable amount of it yet, it's all probably too low res. But, tons and tons of sprites from 8-bit and 16-bit games are dumped and tagged. Maybe with fewer tags per sprite though, because you just get "Mario running smb1" and not "expressive muscular plumber Mario adventurous running cosmic horror by Takashi Tezuka," but still, would it be enough to train an AI on that was specifically for making pixel art sprites?

If so, someone just has to do it right?

In general would that make sense, to have different training data for different purposes, sorta like the waifu AI? An AI trained on a bunch of tagged game board maps for quickly generating stuff for roll20, an AI trained on some other useful thing I can't think because I can only think of nerd examples, etc?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Using AI to try to generate the correct look for a dos game is overkill, you can fairly easily take a picture, scale it down reduce its number of colors to 256 and dither the result and at least on a technical level it will look very faithful.

You might need to add some procesding steps like bilateral/surface/smart blur and sharpening, but asking an AI to both maintain the number of colors and to remain pixel perfect is a lot to ask

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Going to cross-quote myself from the Having A Jape photoshop thread because I think it's interesting in the context of this thread as well...

Cable Guy posted:

Uh.... I should probably come clean here... I'd started to use DalleE to reposture the Japer to front on, and later to fill in the top of the head.... I was actually going to try it to chisel his features to a more Kryten look for this one, but thought better of it when I saw the results. I want to make it clear... the one I used for Bowie on the previous page still needed a LOT of retouching (I basically had to redraw his nose, and mirror then retouch the whole left side of his head), so I think it still counts....

But that's not the point....

I'd been having some issues wihen using transparent png files, and didn't think that it was still making three attempts in the background.... Well it was, and I only just found it had made this uh.... interesting attempt.... so uh....

Mission accomplished

What the gently caress have I wrought....

Edit: for full transparency, here is a library of all DallE's attempts with various prompts and seeds...

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I don't know, the constrained space means that pixel art often requires the kind of high level design decisions that AI struggles with. For example, Mario has a moustache because a mouth was too hard to draw on his sprite. Would AI be able to plan around that?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Somehow my attempt at creating an image of Gandalf watching a horror movie ended up creating a vision of an alternate timeline where Jonathan Banks starred as Gandalf in LOTR.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BrainDance posted:

I was just thinking, pixel art from videogames is probably an area that could be easily improved. In that, I suspect (though who knows) no one has really trained an AI on a sizable amount of it yet, it's all probably too low res. But, tons and tons of sprites from 8-bit and 16-bit games are dumped and tagged. Maybe with fewer tags per sprite though, because you just get "Mario running smb1" and not "expressive muscular plumber Mario adventurous running cosmic horror by Takashi Tezuka," but still, would it be enough to train an AI on that was specifically for making pixel art sprites?

If so, someone just has to do it right?

In general would that make sense, to have different training data for different purposes, sorta like the waifu AI? An AI trained on a bunch of tagged game board maps for quickly generating stuff for roll20, an AI trained on some other useful thing I can't think because I can only think of nerd examples, etc?

Dall-e is very good at making pixel art, the other AIs not so much. It's a shame, but dall-e is still worth the money despite it being a really bad deal.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

This rules

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mike Pence seduces a horse

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Hadlock posted:

This rules

Yeah tbh, making pixel art is really easy, get something the AI gives you, then run it through mosaic filter on CSP at strength 4

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Boris Johnson chows down on a footlong hot dog

There's an imposter among us and he touched my rear end

A super awesome death metal album cover :rock:

Hatsune Miku crowned as next Queen of England, photograph from coronation ceremony

Florida man, Mug shot photograph

Cute green goop pet, promotional render for kickstarter

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
photorealistic character design, a evil baby Leprechaun with his lucky pot of cheese, detailed, shiny

Luigi as a world war I soldier, photograph, colorized, damaged

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

that's young stalin

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I wouldn't if I were you; I know what she can do; She's deadly man, she could really rip your world apart; Mind over matter; Ooh, the beauty is there but a beast is in the heart --ar 2:1 --s 1250 --q 2 --c 25

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Here is an evil demon alien Smokey the Bear attempting to serve terrified children pizza and french fries:

I believe he's doing an ad shot for a cookbook in the third image

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 18, 2022

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I've had a pizza with some balsamic glaze drizzled over it sort of like that middle pic, absolutely delicious. Smokey knows what's up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

Here is an evil demon alien Smokey the Bear attempting to serve terrified children pizza and french fries:

I believe he's doing an ad shot for a cookbook in the third image

Only you can prevent forest fryers.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

frymerican beauty

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"Taco Bell Ad, Loud Colors"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
id eat that

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Vladimir Putin seducing a stallion in a grassy meadow, photorealistic, wide view

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"watch made of human flesh, body horror, blood, stunning detail, intricately detailed, ultra realistic, ultra detailed, award winning photography, 8k, Bokeh"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I've been trying and failing at getting into art school for years now. Maybe I should just submit a portfolio of these things and see if works this time.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I wonder if tracing becomes even more common with the advent of AI image generation. To me, it seems more ethical than straight up copying another artist's work.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BoldFace posted:

I wonder if tracing becomes even more common with the advent of AI image generation. To me, it seems more ethical than straight up copying another artist's work.

Ethics

Lol, lmao

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
"a man entering a hospital, (((in the style of h. r. giger and Beksiński))), intricate, detailed canon eos r3, nikon, photograph
Requires a bit too much iterating for my GPU. There is very small sweet spot where it isn't cartoony nor completely unrelated nightmares.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Rotacixe posted:

"a man entering a hospital, (((in the style of h. r. giger and Beksiński))), intricate, detailed canon eos r3, nikon, photograph
Requires a bit too much iterating for my GPU. There is very small sweet spot where it isn't cartoony nor completely unrelated nightmares.

:golfclap:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rotacixe posted:

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
"8k resolution beautiful cozy inviting Steampunk Hobbit-House Cottage in Steamy foggy Yellowstone Hotspring Geyser digital illustration polished psychadelic matte painting trending on Artstation"

I grabbed this quote from someone else, but made some amazingly cozy art from it.

I can't get over how good the fog looks in the third pic.