Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I dig Fall a lot

yep. my fav for sure.

i am absolutely floored by how much i've enjoyed this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
eminem owns

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Album is good. Think it's because there is a lot of self awareness in it(1st skit shows this especially) and because he seems to have taken his last album being considered poo poo somewhat personally and is actually trying.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
man, you guys weren’t kidding. what the gently caress how is this even possible

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I should point out this still isn't anything like his old albums. It's basically a glorified diss track, but it's still impressive and sounds good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
everyone should listen to the eminem album right now.

once your done though, if you need something else to do, curren$y dropped a chill mixtape on datpiff. it's good. https://www.datpiff.com/Curreny-Fire-In-The-Clouds-mixtape.909042.html

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Akumos posted:

I should point out this still isn't anything like his old albums. It's basically a glorified diss track, but it's still impressive and sounds good.

It’s like them in that he’s actually rapping about stuff instead of just rhyming to rhyme. But yeah I wouldn’t really compare it to the old stuff really, but it’s still my personal favourite album by him probably since Em Show???

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He's motivated which he wasn't on the last album. Em is the type of guy that needs something to rap. He's not actually good and just rapping to rap. He always has something to say.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
10 tracks in and there isn’t a boring-rear end piano ballad yet, that immediately puts it above all other post-addiction Em albums

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ok, the venom track is bad. but otherwise. drat dude

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

everyone should listen to the eminem album right now.

once your done though, if you need something else to do, curren$y dropped a chill mixtape on datpiff. it's good. https://www.datpiff.com/Curreny-Fire-In-The-Clouds-mixtape.909042.html

How would this dude ever drop a not chill mixtape?

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
em album good (how), new danny brown owns, Daytona and KSG still rule, new Ka project is lush af; new Brockhampton coming.

this year finally delivering

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

New Em is dope

I'm glad revival made him work harder rather than hang it up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Buller posted:

How would this dude ever drop a not chill mixtape?

The guy has synthesised taking it really loving easy and I love it.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
This new em album is amazing. I didn't think he had anything left.

Oh well, time for swim practice.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/IamAkademiks/status/1035455839425978368

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Eminem's flow on this new album is pretty awesome. No corny rock beats either. Did he finally get rid of Rick Ruben? Really liking this.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

The Duggler posted:

New Em is dope

I'm glad revival made him work harder rather than hang it up

You mean him getting pissed off at Joe Budden got him to stop trying to ride trends and just do what he does best and that's rap?

Give Joe all the flack in the world but he got Drake and Em to both get their poo poo together after some underwhelming albums prior.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yuzenn posted:

You mean him getting pissed off at Joe Budden got him to stop trying to ride trends and just do what he does best and that's rap?

Give Joe all the flack in the world but he got Drake and Em to both get their poo poo together after some underwhelming albums prior.

hang on a sec what good album did drake release because of joe?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol. pretty much. em has done some terrible music in the last fifteen years but if he turns the loving eye of sauron on you it's a thing to behold. ak should be proud.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bout time em lit up Jordan Peterson for biting his cadence

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

hang on a sec what good album did drake release because of joe?

Lol I was about to say the exact same thing

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Yuzenn posted:

What trend was Em chasing?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

rapeface posted:

What trend was Em chasing?

ed sheeran

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That song about D12 is sad, poor Bizarre :smith:

The opener is one of his best songs since his good days, too

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 31, 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MrSargent posted:

Kamikaze is prob my favorite. The hook is perfect.

My bad, I think my tracklisting was off because I meant The Fall and not Kamikaze. The Fall has the legit hook.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

rapeface posted:

What trend is Em chasing?

6teen year olds in Missouri.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
New Bun is amazing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if Shady doesn't have Royce writing for him. Book of Ryan, Layers, and Prhyme II are all real good and Em's verse on Caterpillar was hot fire for the first time in a while

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder if Shady doesn't have Royce writing for him.

shady has a lot of loving problems when it comes to making good music but it has literally never included his inability to bar out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TenaciousTomato posted:

New Bun is amazing

i'm not sure i can handle this much good poo poo

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Like how Em was apparently hooking up with Nicki and decided to push her even further down the charts a week after she lost her poo poo.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
white guy makes a half decent album after sucking

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm only 1 track in, and so far it's better than his entire last piece of poo poo album.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It ain't Eminem if he ain't pissing people off

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/08/eminem-secret-service-kamikaze/

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
lol happy birthday joe

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

temple posted:

white guy makes a half decent album after sucking

We would pretty much do the exact same thing for any legend if they released a poo poo album and then followed it up with something that reminds you why you liked them in the first place.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Harminoff posted:

Eminem's flow on this new album is pretty awesome. No corny rock beats either. Did he finally get rid of Rick Ruben? Really liking this.

Kinda ironic given the cover art comes across like a Licensed to Ill tribute.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

temple posted:

white guy makes a facebook album after sucking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
https://www.datpiff.com/Young-Thug-The-Leak-3-mixtape.907278.html

Thugga leaks somehow better than his actual mixtape