Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like I'm on crazy pills when anyone calls TLJ "subversive" when everything about it just cynically and pointlessly resets the entire setup to rebels vs. empire unto eternity, because that's the only story Star Wars knows how to tell. Don't you idiots understand, NOTHING has changed! NOTHING has been accomplished in this movie's 5 1/2 hour runtime! Wake up sheeple!!

Amazing. Every word of what you just said... is wrong. :smug: :smugdog: :smuggo: :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like I'm on crazy pills when anyone calls TLJ "subversive" when everything about it just cynically and pointlessly resets the entire setup to rebels vs. empire unto eternity, because that's the only story Star Wars knows how to tell. Don't you idiots understand, NOTHING has changed! NOTHING has been accomplished in this movie's 5 1/2 hour runtime! Wake up sheeple!!

Five and a half hours? Don't you think that runtime's a little... light?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It's subversive like Mike Rowe or Ben Shapiro.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

"If you let Anthem kill us, you'll be killing these future babies!"

Send in Chief Bromden with a pillow and let's suffocate this sickness before it gets any worse than it already is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

exquisite tea posted:

I liked the movie, but yeah pretty much.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

Pretty soon we'll all be singing this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6opYkdM15fI

:rip: Bioware

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You gotta stop listening to bad bands and/or allowing their music to be played around you. True, people might start to mockingly call you an old, but the trade off is no more lovely music.

I mean, that song IS old. I hated it in the 2000s when I was a young lad in my early twenties.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I enjoyed tlj but I don't care much for star wars so I don't know what that says about me

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Still better than Good Charlotte.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zelder posted:

I enjoyed tlj but I don't care much for star wars so I don't know what that says about me

it says your a bad humane

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

it's 'subversive' because it contradicts the most superficial star wars fundamentals like the hero having a special parentage or there being a fixed darkside master whose constant manipulation tricks his good hearted apprentice into staying bad or the good guys suicidally facing million-to-one odds, succeeding anyway and come out smelling like roses

it comes off awfully awkward because all those things are superficial changes that are still telling the same story star wars always has except these new things don't fit in nearly so well

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I liked the first 2/3 of the jedi stuff and 0/3 of pretty much everything else. Which was surprising, given how sick I am of Star Wars in general and jedi light saber poo poo specifically. But yeah, they played around and did interesting things for a while but then fell back into the same old poo poo. And the less said about the rest of the movie, the better.

I'm just so tired of all these star wars

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Moola posted:

it says your a bad humane

I just like old mark hammill

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ashpanash posted:

I liked the first 2/3 of the jedi stuff and 0/3 of pretty much everything else. Which was surprising, given how sick I am of Star Wars in general and jedi light saber poo poo specifically. But yeah, they played around and did interesting things for a while but then fell back into the same old poo poo. And the less said about the rest of the movie, the better.

I'm just so tired of all these star wars

thats kinda why i liked solo. yeah its unnecessary but its a fun small story with no force poo poo or galactic implications.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

it really was a stealth "don't blame us that andromeda is poo poo" from bioware, their internal testers played it before the demo was released and were like gently caress we need a trailer song that subconsciously provides an excuse for why this game is poo poo

what is anthem's trailer music? i haven't paid attention lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats kinda why i liked solo. yeah its unnecessary but its a fun small story with no force poo poo or galactic implications.

Solo's fun, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, the problem is it has a string of explanations in place of a story and no real surprises. The bit at the end doesn't count, because Darth Maul meets his end in Star Wars: Rebels.

Here's where he gets his trademark gun.
Here's where he meets Chewie.
Here's where he makes his bragged-about Kessel Run.

Though I did love Here's where Han shoots a man in cold blood, because Han shoots first :allears:.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

orange juche posted:

it really was a stealth "don't blame us that andromeda is poo poo" from bioware, their internal testers played it before the demo was released and were like gently caress we need a trailer song that subconsciously provides an excuse for why this game is poo poo

Muse.

Yes, really.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Yeah this gets me in the mood for a bad game

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Anthem.....welcome to the resistance

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
that anthem came from the moon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Solo's fun, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, the problem is it has a string of explanations in place of a story and no real surprises. The bit at the end doesn't count, because Darth Maul meets his end in Star Wars: Rebels.

Here's where he gets his trademark gun.
Here's where he meets Chewie.
Here's where he makes his bragged-about Kessel Run.

Though I did love Here's where Han shoots a man in cold blood, because Han shoots first :allears:.

true but it did it a ton better then what i thought it would do. it wasnt like rogue one where it waves poo poo in front of you. the stuff is part of the story. i liked it alot more then i thought i would.

orange juche posted:

I am still sad over that game being a piece of poo poo, inquestion had issues but over all it was pretty good. this was just poo poo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zelder posted:

I just like old mark hammill

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am still sad over that game being a piece of poo poo, inquestion had issues but over all it was pretty good. this was just poo poo.

Inquisition had its issues but it was a coherent game with heart and it earned its emotional moments

Andromeda had all asari with the same face and sent you on a gated fetch quest to have a party with people you didn't like

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pattonesque posted:

Inquisition had its issues but it was a coherent game with heart and it earned its emotional moments

Andromeda had all asari with the same face and sent you on a gated fetch quest to have a party with people you didn't like where your girlfriend sat inside of you as you fused into a horrifying four armed abomination.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Oh so that's what happened in the end

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
So, Andromeda is a secret Stephen Universe prequel?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Andromeda is a poop from my butt

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

Andromeda is a poop from my butt

That's insulting to poop, which has it's uses

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

That's insulting to poop, which has it's uses

:scrunt:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Saw a Bioware devs leaving story today.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arglebargle III posted:

Water wet, sky blue, news at 11!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Perhaps we live in the universe where Anthem is a smash hit but Bioware closes anyway :madmax:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Arglebargle III posted:

Link

midwat
May 6, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Before, I didn't want people to leave Bioware because it would make the company worse.

Now, I don't want them to leave because I feel the contagion should be contained.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

midwat posted:

Before, I didn't want people to leave Bioware because it would make the company worse.

Now, I don't want them to leave because I feel the contagion should be contained.

Bioware's less the problem than EA, I suspect.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I haven’t played through a long romance cut scene in Call of Duty: Black Ops, so EA isn’t the problem

At least, not yet...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

poisonpill posted:

I haven’t played through a long romance cut scene in Call of Duty: Black Ops, so EA isn’t the problem

At least, not yet...

CoD:BlOps was activision.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

FIFA 17 then

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Fifa 19 could benefit from a French person fuckin' a Croatian person, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

fwiw hudson has been much less coy lately about acknowledging that bioware has a few small teams, separate from the big anthem one, that are working on certain aspects of mass effect 5/dragon age 4 and sw:tor will also be getting new content next year

who knows, we may get to relive this whole thread again in a few years