Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What if the PS4 had folding@home or whatever beneficial thing (not a miner) to run while unused

The PS3 used to but I'm pretty sure they patched it out in a system software update. I always dreaded PS3 updates because it seemed like Sony was always stripping out features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Me in the room where I have a huge tv on nearly 24/7, PS4 for hours a day, Apple TV on for all the non PS4 hours, multiple fans, multiple charging ports for devices, a sound bar and subwoofer system: wowww thanks for ruining the environment loving scumbags

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Photos emerge of PS4 in rest mode said to belong to Al Gore
Is the climate around the popular system feature changing? Or is this just an inconvenient goof?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What if the PS4 had folding@home or whatever beneficial thing (not a miner) to run while unused
What if it had a miner, but you didn't get any of the bitcoins they're sent to sony

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

homeless snail posted:

What if it had a miner, but you didn't get any of the bitcoins they're sent to sony
How do I know that’s not happening right now with any of my internet connected devices? I don’t know what iOS does with its cpu cycles and bandwidth use.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I assume that everyone who plugs a phone or laptop into public USB chargers have had their device transformed into a mining rig

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I give anyone who has their PS4 in their bedroom a pass on the stupid act of not using rest mode, because that thing is like a goddamn Xmas tree.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

...! posted:

The PS3 used to but I'm pretty sure they patched it out in a system software update. I always dreaded PS3 updates because it seemed like Sony was always stripping out features.

They took it out years ago.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

veni veni veni posted:

It wasn't cum it was pink milkshake!

*spits out milkshake*

You mean to say... this whole time... I've been missing out on the great taste of cum?!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

I give anyone who has their PS4 in their bedroom a pass on the stupid act of not using rest mode, because that thing is like a goddamn Xmas tree.

Between sleeping with my tv on and having an army of leds everywhere I’m all set for life

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like to do the towers of Hanoi puzzle, but with the lights from PS4s in rest mode.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I covered my PS4 with so many LEDs that it seems like noon 24/7.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

fruit on the bottom posted:

I like to do the towers of Hanoi puzzle, but with the lights from PS4s in rest mode.

*the ghost of former Bioware devs salutes*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think that someone can be a moral person whether or not they use sleep mode.

well the joke's on you, fuckboi

JBP posted:

Cant you just use the menu to disable the controller light?

Strangely, turning the console off seems to eliminate those pesky lights. :crossarms:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doesn't the controller light turn completely off in rest mode after a few minutes? Anyway I have the light at minimum brightness and point it away from my bed and it doesn't even register to me on the off chance it turns on randomly

...!
Oct 5, 2003

All my neighbors have gotten used to continual brownouts caused by me leaving my heavily overclocked PS4 on.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

well the joke's on you, fuckboi

Strangely, turning the console off seems to eliminate those pesky lights. :crossarms:

No, turning the console off doesn't eliminate the controller light. You would know this if you practiced what you preach, hypocrite.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the light on my controller turns off when I turn the system off so idk what you mean there

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

...! posted:

No, turning the console off doesn't eliminate the controller light. You would know this if you practiced what you preach, hypocrite.

im not owned!! im not owned!!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think the controller light will be on if you set your PS4 to charge devices in rest mode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that makes sense

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The lizard colossus is super frustrating on hard. This camera angles are killing me and whether or not his shots just go through the architecture seems completely random.

Had him down to one hit, he fell from the very top and turned over within seconds so I couldn't even get to him in time, and when I got back into the ruin he insta killed me with a poison cloud that didn't even land on the same floor.

That poison just kills you so loving fast.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

...! posted:

I covered my PS4 with so many LEDs that it seems like noon 24/7.

How do I upvote on something awful dot com?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You should try turning your computer off

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

beep beep boop boop

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

kirbysuperstar posted:

Jesus Christ, superstar.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The lizard colossus is super frustrating on hard. This camera angles are killing me and whether or not his shots just go through the architecture seems completely random.

Had him down to one hit, he fell from the very top and turned over within seconds so I couldn't even get to him in time, and when I got back into the ruin he insta killed me with a poison cloud that didn't even land on the same floor.

That poison just kills you so loving fast.

Yeah I had like no idea it was that lethal, didn’t remember it from my first play through. It sucks because I bet I could have got the deathless trophy otherwise.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Is there a Yakuza thread? I am nearing the end of Yakuza 0 and I have so many feelings and opinions but don’t want to spoil anyone. This game is so drat good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Morby posted:

Is there a Yakuza thread? I am nearing the end of Yakuza 0 and I have so many feelings and opinions but don’t want to spoil anyone. This game is so drat good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806979

It says Kiwami but it's the general Yakuza thread

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Between the needlessly cloying music that is out of place and the boring puzzles that make me feel condescended to, my only emotional response to Rime is contempt.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Montalvo posted:

Between the needlessly cloying music that is out of place and the boring puzzles that make me feel condescended to, my only emotional response to Rime is contempt.

I'm planning on playing it after SOTC and something tells me it's not going to look so hot by comparison lol.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
That's weird, are you playing SotC on hard? I decided to do normal first so I could take a knee during some of the boss fights and get some good photos, but I never got hit with his poison but I remember it being pretty difficult in the remastered version, especially on hard. Plus he rolls over before you can get like any stabs in, I have no idea how speedrunners one cycle that guy.

gently caress I wish I hadn't been stupid and tried to jump to the "relic" or coin on the broken off structure that the bridge is attached to right behind the shrine, or I would've had a deathless run. It's pretty cool that you can jump from pretty high off of something into water in the remake whereas before you'd hit a death barrier or something. I'm just thinking that I would've had a death otherwise but I jumped off the bridge right near the second colossus and survived, which was cool because I just wondered if I could and it worked.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I'm playing on hard. The poison really fucks you up. You're basically instantly dead if you get caught in it. Took me like 6 tries to get him and I hadn't died until that point. He's pretty easy if you are willing to eat poo poo on fall damage and sit back and let your health recharge in between attacks. But that's a pretty boring way of doing it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

How much of your energy comes renewable sources?
All of it

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So Knack. I am now in chapter 3-3.
The graphics are not bad, the story is a tad thin but ok, and gameplay wise it is some sort of tactical combat platformer.

The random chest pickups are weird, they should have made it so you gather parts of 1 device and then the next. The controls could be more streamlined and the fixed camera is weird.

Other than that, Knack seems an OK game so far, nothing to write home about but not bad either.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😳

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I know I'm a couple pages late, but I have had my eye on steep for a while - it seems like the kind of thing I could chill on, but did someone seriously loving step into this thread and go 'mmm yeah I bought it you guys should think about it too, it's on sale, it's only $40'

I would like to play it still but it's not skate, let it die and drop to $10. I have not heard anything to justify it's price being any higher.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The reasoning is that it comes with the Winter Olympics DLC that came out only a couple months ago and that was $30 by itself, and also the Winter Olympics are happening right now. Is that good reasoning idk

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5CTlRKa1SE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh yeah it’s that game series from a billion years ago.

edit: I see from the cutscenes chose that they have no interest in catching anyone up who isn't still on top of the story.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 10, 2018