Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

It's really funny that the ROH fake news goes back to the guy who started the Aubrey is Don Stevens rumor.

He spoke to Joe Koff personally! Tony Khan’s in big trouble, mister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

SG Bamboo posted:

Jon Moxley is a good wrestler who does very little for me, I'll watch if he's against someone I care about but otherwise he's not someone I think about since he works on the other side of the world to promotions I watch

For content, have a thread favourite decrying the HAHA in Nooj over serious promotions like DDT

https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1557363529484832768

I was reading the replies to some tweet about an NHL trade and came across someone who was very adamant about their opinion even though they didn't seem to understand how anything works, looked at the username and realized I'd stumbled across a NecroEric tweet out in the wild.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The analogy to right-wing truthers and conspiracy nuts and cultists is totally complete now. They're just completely making up their own narrative and taking it as truth with nothing at all to back it up.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Can't believe Swerve would do this. I knew he was a snake. Tony you fool

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Generico posted:

The analogy to right-wing truthers and conspiracy nuts and cultists is totally complete now. They're just completely making up their own narrative and taking it as truth with nothing at all to back it up.

No Aubrey illegally got their tweets taken down with copyright issues, this is a federal crime that will bring AEW to its knees just as soon as Dave Meltzer reads my flash drive

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

WWanon

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Rarity posted:

No Aubrey illegally got their tweets taken down with copyright issues, this is a federal crime that will bring AEW to its knees just as soon as Dave Meltzer reads my flash drive

It depends on if Tony Khan finally checks out that thumb drive that Darius Lockhart gave him, if he reads that powerpoint slideshow then he'll be able to solve racism.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This conspiracy is basically the Chris Regal Memorial All Star Game.

https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1557441893998419968

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I guess you know you made it when these terrible takes of Mox. I can get you not being into his style of wrestling. I cannot get you saying he is just a bad wrestler

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1557707211748642817

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

Hell yeah they have Astronauts, Okami, Strong BJ, and Kosuke Sato. Even if the rest of the roster is the shits I can at least count on those seven to give me an awesome performance

Don't they still have Isami Kodaka too? Always loved him tbh

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people who only watch wwe don't understand that someone having signature bits in their matches (blood, mist, demasking) doesn't mean that's the entirety of their gimmick and all they do every single match

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

I guess you know you made it when these terrible takes of Mox. I can get you not being into his style of wrestling. I cannot get you saying he is just a bad wrestler

I bet that same person, somewhere in their twitter history, also said that Mox is going "home" to WWE any day now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hello, it is me, CEO of Discovery and my inbox is at 256,020 and falling. When this thing hits inbox zero, you're gonna see some serious poo poo!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I would probably concede that the first two lines are probably true, though obviously not the fault of Mox. I'm pretty sure I was still at least somewhat watching WWE at the time he was champion and I don't remember a god drat thing about his run except maybe he had some match with Triple H at Wrestlemania Roadblock?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, Mox's title run was kinda forgettable and tbh the most exciting part was when AJ Styles beat him at Backlash

e: the Triple H match was I think four months before Mox won the belt lmao

it is easily Triple H's last great match

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I remember the, “HOLD MY DIIIIICK” posting when he cashed in over Rollins, who just beat Reigns, then(?) got drafted to good smackdown… then… [SCENE MISSING].

I think that roadblock match against HHH was after HHH won the Royal Rumble & title? I recall falling for the false pin where HHH or Mox’s toe was barely underneath the ropes so it didnt count.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mox beating Rollins and Reigns in a triple threat match and then going to Smackdown was like the last time I enjoyed WWE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ambrose's title reign was, in order.
- A great cash in.
- A fun TV feud with Rollins while Roman was gone for pissing hot. They had some good TV matches, one with a stupid finish, one with a good finish.
- The triple threat which was great.
- The Ziggler feud which was actually good and had some good back and forth promos until the match which was really underwhelming because of its place on the card.
- The AJ feud which was good but boy when it was over they got Ambrose OUT of the title scene and he never got close again.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
IIRC that was when the IWC turned on Moxley because he didn’t want to talk about his personal life on the Stone Cold podcast.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Ambrose/AJ feud was fine until they threw in James Ellsworth and Ambrose instantly became the third-most important person in that story

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Did they turn on him?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Shard posted:

Did they turn on him?

I forget the details but Ellsworth was Dean's little buddy for a while, and then turned on him and became AJ's little buddy for a while, and then a few months later he was Carmella's sex slave or something, and then they stopped using him and he turned out to be a kid creeper so now we try to pretend that whole thing never happened.

Content:

https://twitter.com/DanissoCooI/status/1557548489277640705

Benne fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 11, 2022

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This thread has drifted out of "funny weirdo" territory and back in into "sad weirdo" territory lately.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Venomous posted:

Don't they still have Isami Kodaka too? Always loved him tbh

Possibly, I always just think of him as a BASARA guy though, since that's what he's credited under in his DDT/GanPro appearances. He does rule though, the tag team match he was part of at Wrestle Sekigahara was phenomenal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CommonShore posted:

This thread has drifted out of "funny weirdo" territory and back in into "sad weirdo" territory lately.

they've always been the same. keeping tabs on people on social media is weird

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I thought the awe thing was an intentional giveaway for people doing a bit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I thought the awe thing was an intentional giveaway for people doing a bit

No a lot of people do AWE seriously.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CommonShore posted:

In what universe is "Tony Khan committed fraud and is going to jail as soon as the Discovery CEO opens his emails" more sad than it is hilarious.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Benne posted:

I forget the details but Ellsworth was Dean's little buddy for a while, and then turned on him and became AJ's little buddy for a while, and then a few months later he was Carmella's sex slave or something, and then they stopped using him and he turned out to be a kid creeper so now we try to pretend that whole thing never happened.

I meant did they turn on Ambrose after the stone cold podcast. I don't remember people turning on him but granted the only wrestling opinions I really see are here, a little bit of twitter and my family.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

In what universe is "Tony Khan committed fraud and is going to jail as soon as the Discovery CEO opens his emails" more sad than it is hilarious.

Mental illness sucks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

Mental illness sucks

Jesus Christ, what.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Jesus Christ, what.

Yeah I am not convinced that mental illness made someone claim they called Joe Koff on the phone and he's pissed at what AEW is doing with ROH, I think it's just someone lying to impress people.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

All Wrelite Estling

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. they're lying losers until proven otherwise.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Tony Khan is going to break into the discovery CEO’s office and delete the emails before he can read them.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm having a hard time even following what they're claiming Tony is doing this time?

Edit: as for my own contribution, this dude seems really mad about Bayley wishing Kris a speedy recovery:

https://twitter.com/Bendickrocks/status/1557779293035528192?s=20&t=JR8zthH6tcd8py_J4tXtKQ

Wintermutant fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 11, 2022

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Mental illness sucks

Ahh, the 'ol mental health diagnosis via twitter posts about wrestling, they go over that in the DSM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wintermutant posted:

I'm having a hard time even following what they're claiming Tony is doing this time?

Edit: as for my own contribution, this dude seems really mad about Bayley wishing Kris a speedy recovery:

https://twitter.com/Bendickrocks/status/1557779293035528192?s=20&t=JR8zthH6tcd8py_J4tXtKQ

They are claiming Sinclair still owns part of ROH because Tony hosed something up and Sinclair is pissed, which they know because they called Joe Koff on the phone.

In reality they used a lovely online free aggregator that made it look like ROH is still owned by Sinclair when that is not the case.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Par for the course; thanks for the clarification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Tony Khan is going to break into the discovery CEO’s office and delete the emails before he can read them.

Tony has to replace the marble rye that MJF stole when they had the big meeting with Discovery.