Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Wow they have some lovely PS+ games this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Grand Kingdom is Okay

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Knack-attack, my man

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is honestly one of the best PS+ months in years

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1redflag posted:

Knack-attack, my man

:emptyquote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1T71PGd-J0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPECFQ4NhE

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
My 5 year old son likes Knack but he keeps telling me it's too easy :lol: The game looks simplistic as gently caress but why do they have all these cutscenes? The game just doesn't have the depth to carry them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is honestly one of the best PS+ months in years

This is the grossest thing I've ever read in the internet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bardeh posted:

My 5 year old son likes Knack but he keeps telling me it's too easy :lol: The game looks simplistic as gently caress but why do they have all these cutscenes? The game just doesn't have the depth to carry them.

The end game is supposedly ball breaking hard but idk

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Rime is good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bardeh posted:

Your son is a loving hardcore gamer, a hundred people were posting some days ago about how this game was balls hard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JphDdGV2TU

When a Kaz walks in with a itty bitty waste and Knack thing in yo face you get sprung

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
When I'm done playing The Nonary Games (awesome that these games are on PS4 now; always wanted to try Virtue's Last Reward) and maybe doing another SotC playthrough, I plan to play the poo poo out of Knack until it becomes my favorite game ever.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Beat hard at 5:34, and got an achievement for being under 5:41. drat that was cutting it close.

:woop:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A bunch of Youtube retrospectives Re: Shadow of the Colossus have sprung up with the remake and I feel like a lot of them get the ending wrong. So here's my totally unsolicited interpretation!

I don't think Dormin is an expressly evil spirit, but more like a trickster god with power over life. Long ago whatever people once settled in the Forbidden Land saw the abundance that Dormin had created, worshipped him and built a society around him, but Dormin's power was of a highly chaotic and uncontrolled nature. Being able to create life from stone and bring people back from the dead at will obviously threatened the increasingly bureaucratic and rationalist civilization that sprung up around him, and ultimately either its own leaders or some invading force decided that Dormin had to be contained. I think Emon was either one of those leaders or a descendant of them, and Wander his defiant pupil who knew enough of the old stories to set his plan into motion. The Forbidden Land is crumbling and slowly dying because Dormin's life force is bound up within the colossi, and the abundance that he once provided for the entire valley now limited only to the very top of the shrine. Dormin manipulates and ultimately possesses Wander yes, but I think YOU WERE THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG interpretations are overly reductive given that Mono was likely sacrificed by the same shaman who sought to imprison Dormin, and that he ultimately makes good on his promise to resurrect her. What I think SotC's really about thematically is the war between our emotions versus the orderly demands of society. Wander defies his master, steals a sword of unknown power, and unquestioningly kills these sixteen majestic creatures because all rational considerations of duty and preservation mean nothing to him. Just like Dormin he is governed by a more primal force, and he takes what he wants. Dormin is a threatening entity, but ultimately he remains a god of life in all its chaotic glory.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Brother Entropy posted:

skipping kh cutscenes is cowardice, embrace all that drat nonsense plot until you learn to love it
I will never forget beating Sephiroth in 2 after many weeks of grinding and failure, having to pause and eat dinner, coming back and accidentally skipping the cutscene.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

A bunch of Youtube retrospectives Re: Shadow of the Colossus have sprung up with the remake and I feel like a lot of them get the ending wrong. So here's my totally unsolicited interpretation!

I don't think Dormin is an expressly evil spirit, but more like a trickster god with power over life. Long ago whatever people once settled in the Forbidden Land saw the abundance that Dormin had created, worshipped him and built a society around him, but Dormin's power was of a highly chaotic and uncontrolled nature. Being able to create life from stone and bring people back from the dead at will obviously threatened the increasingly bureaucratic and rationalist civilization that sprung up around him, and ultimately either its own leaders or some invading force decided that Dormin had to be contained. I think Emon was either one of those leaders or a descendant of them, and Wander his defiant pupil who knew enough of the old stories to set his plan into motion. The Forbidden Land is crumbling and slowly dying because Dormin's life force is bound up within the colossi, and the abundance that he once provided for the entire valley now limited only to the very top of the shrine. Dormin manipulates and ultimately possesses Wander yes, but I think YOU WERE THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG interpretations are overly reductive given that Mono was likely sacrificed by the same shaman who sought to imprison Dormin, and that he ultimately makes good on his promise to resurrect her. What I think SotC's really about thematically is the war between our emotions versus the orderly demands of society. Wander defies his master, steals a sword of unknown power, and unquestioningly kills these sixteen majestic creatures because all rational considerations of duty and preservation mean nothing to him. Just like Dormin he is governed by a more primal force, and he takes what he wants. Dormin is a threatening entity, but ultimately he remains a god of life in all its chaotic glory.

Dormin is just [url]the locked-away remnants of the Master in TLG, the industrial sort of voodoo force set up as a caretaker of the ancient civilization in that game.

So, basically a metaphor for nuclear energy/waste.[/spoiler]

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you might wanna fix your spoiler tag

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Good News: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection might be coming for the Ps4

Bad News: It seems the studio responsible for it is Armature - Of ReCore fame.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Samuringa posted:

Didn't they actually go back and fix up their game with a definitive edition? Their biggest crime is only making a mediocre original game.

Kind of weird blueprint wouldn't be doing it after they did it last generation.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Why isn't Metal Gear Solid included in the collection?

Because Nintendo did the Twin Snakes thing?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Does the HD version of MGS2 include the VR missions and snake tales (and skateboarding)? Those we're the best parts of substance IMO.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

probably takes more effort to hd-ify a ps1 game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Montalvo posted:

Between the needlessly cloying music that is out of place and the boring puzzles that make me feel condescended to, my only emotional response to Rime is contempt.

I liked it alright but it's definitely trying too hard to be Journey.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Why isn't MGS4 included? It's not much of a collection of it's just 2 of like 8 games now.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Infinitum posted:

Because it would look even shittier in HD than it does now. What exactly do you think the HD treatment would do for it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

revolther posted:

Why isn't MGS4 included? It's not much of a collection of it's just 2 of like 8 games now.

pretty sure this is a port of the collection of the ps2 games from ps3/vita

mgs1 isn't a part of it because twin snakes was a gamecube game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

clearly they didn't include mgs1 because they're only days away from announcing a full remake of it running on the fox engine :tinfoil:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The biggest fuckin' tease in the history of gaming is Konami using the Fox Engine to redo cutscenes from Snake Eater for a fuckin' pachinko machine

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

I liked it alright but it's definitely trying too hard to be Journey.

I'll finish it out of sheer spite, but the music is just so absurd. The fact that it plays me this emotionally charged climatic symphonic piece every time I shout near a statue is kind of silly. The puzzles are really boring and I wish I could just fast forward through them all.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

This is an obvious cash scramble from a desperate Konami trying to claw its way back into the video game industry. They bet the entire company on pachinko and lost. It'll be interesting to see how many ports and remasters they make to scrounge up some cash.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Make a comeback with good Castlevania games then jeez.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive! posted:

Rime is good.

Feeling opposite but in an amiable non confrontational way so have a good day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

Didn't they actually go back and fix up their game with a definitive edition? Their biggest crime is only making a mediocre original game.

Kind of weird blueprint wouldn't be doing it after they did it last generation.

They added in the missing levels and the missing sidekick character ( who was on the loving box at launch) who unlocks said level.

Game still sucked

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

revolther posted:

Aside from being a port of the PS3 collection, MGS4 is reputedly a programming mess built explicitly for the PS3's CELL architecture.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Real hurthling! posted:

Feeling opposite but in an amiable non confrontational way so have a good day

:tipshat:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i didn't even know recore came out, much less came out twice

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I want Bluepoint to remake TLG

I love TLG, but I thought about this within 10 minutes of playing the SOTC remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phaedrus' gimmick in sotc is still annoying to trigger i forgot you cant do it on the edge of the area, he has to be in the middle when you go in the bunker or he wont look for you