Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm pretty sure Trump understands this completely.

One thing you can't accuse Donald Trump of is not understanding the American public. He has a pretty good gut feeling of what people want, and perfectly played off of the weaknesses of Hillary's image and campaign.

He did not become a reality TV star by accident

How did the cast of the jersey shore or here comes honey boo boo become reality TV stars?

An in depth understanding of the american public lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iExgnVXSAuE

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They want to raise taxes but also have no ideas.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

One thing you can't accuse Donald Trump of is not understanding the American public. He has a pretty good gut feeling of what people want, and perfectly played off of the weaknesses of Hillary's image and campaign.

theres about a 1% possibility donalt trump sat down and said "ok everyone, let me teach you about viewership habits"

the fat gently caress stumbled into his fame on account of having really horrible hair
thats the only reason anybody knows who he is

THATS the american public

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they want to raise our taxes and give it all to the (insert racist slur here)! at least god's chosen son donald j trump is on our side.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh, also by throwing money at everything and everyone until it stuck

thats also america.txt

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

FuhrerHat posted:

oh, also by throwing other people's money at everything and everyone until it stuck

thats also america.txt

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That's called being manipulative and he play conservative america into thinking he was something other than a sack of poo poo.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id like to take this opportunity in time to introduce you all to one of history's unsung heroes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otho

otho was a rich demagogue gently caress around during roman times in the year of the four emperors
when it became clear that his side was about to fight the other side for the ascention of the throne
he said "It is far more just to perish one for all, than many for one" and killed himself

otho has no public monuments of him and a tiny fraction of people still know who he is at all

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I know him, he was the fat guy in Beetlejuice

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

FuhrerHat posted:

id like to take this opportunity in time to introduce you all to one of history's unsung heroes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otho

otho was a rich demagogue gently caress around during roman times in the year of the four emperors
when it became clear that his side was about to fight the other side for the ascention of the throne
he said "It is far more just to perish one for all, than many for one" and killed himself

otho has no public monuments of him and a tiny fraction of people still know who he is at all

US politics would be so much more entertaining if politicians publicly committed suicide in the face of public shaming

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

moose face posted:

How did the cast of the jersey shore or here comes honey boo boo become reality TV stars?

An in depth understanding of the american public lol?

By the producers of those shows? Absolutely.

They do have appeal and if you don't understand why then you are going to be out of touch and bomb like Hillary

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skoora posted:

That's called being manipulative and he play conservative america into thinking he was something other than a sack of poo poo.

Both candidates were manipulative, but one was much better than the other.

The longtime New York Democrat who beat the Republicans at their own game. That's what Hillary was supposed to be, but it turned out Trump did the same thing but better.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 20, 2017

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Tumble posted:

US politics would be so much more entertaining if politicians publicly committed suicide in the face of public shaming

Hey Man, Nice Shot.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

A classic hmbol stolen by this incompetent administration.

That man was a NATIONAL loving TREASURE and you threw him away, Trump. You son of a bitch. how could you

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tumble posted:

That's why I respect the Japanese and Koreans. Their protesters are better, too.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Isn't the president telling people how to vote very illegal?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Neurion posted:

It certainly does violate ethics rules if not a law.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Neurion posted:

"It doesn't matter. It's not a big deal. If THAT'S what you're reaching for then lol Trump is fine. Hillary would have...."

in before Trumpeteer response team is alerted you have disparaged dear leader.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Why do so many goons feel compelled to pretend they are lawyers. I just don't understand

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
These are our final days before nuclear annihilation. We all just want to pretend one last time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Why do so many goons feel compelled to pretend they are lawyers. I just don't understand

Same reason some goons (you) like to pretend to be cultural theroists. Guess what Borax, Trump doesn't inherently understand poo poo about what people that are not him want. Mark Burnett, on the other hand, does.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

flashy_mcflash posted:

Same reason some goons (you) like to pretend to be cultural theroists. Guess what Borax, Trump doesn't inherently understand poo poo about what people that are not him want. Mark Burnett, on the other hand, does.

Who's pretending?

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Neurion posted:

no (lol)

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Who's pretending?

Nice grade school comeback you dumb poo poo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also, I'd appreciate it if you would stop being pedantic and try to actually engage with others, as I am doing.

And please don't add pretending to be a psychiatrist to the problem list

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Inept posted:

Nice grade school comeback you dumb poo poo

I'm actually trying to be very civil and mature. I'd appreciate if you would return the favor.

Maybe you thought my initial reply was a bit flip, but I was trying to mske a point, and was already drafting a more thoughtful response to follow it.

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Both candidates were manipulative, but one was much better than the other.

The longtime New York Democrat who beat the Republicans at their own game. That's what Hillary was supposed to be, but it turned out Trump did the same thing but better.

Being a good bullshitter doesn't make you a good president and I don't think anyone needed manipulating into thinking Hillary was competent. Maybe that she isn't a dead eyed shark in a pantsuit.

Congratulations to the phantom av buyer, this one has truly triggered me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Who's pretending?

Mr McLuhan this is a Tim Hortons

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skoora posted:

Congratulations to the phantom av buyer, this one has truly triggered me.

Punk is dead, buddy.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Punk is dead, buddy.

I think you'll find that Blink 182 just released a new album, friend.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skypie posted:

I think you'll find that Blink 182 just released a new album, friend.

With all the fake news in this thread, why did this one have to be real

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Neurion posted:

Absolutely not. Not even an ethical violation. Presidents support and endorse candidates all the time.

FuhrerHat posted:

The Vatican museum has a room with busts of all the Roman emperors. I specifically looked for Otho while I was there and found him.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol Donald Trump, fat retarded Howard Stern whack packer, is president.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The lol is everyone thinking oxball is serious lololol

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would stop being pedantic and try to actually engage with others, as I am doing.

And please don't add pretending to be a psychiatrist to the problem list
This thread is for lols and your posts aren't funny.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

cowofwar posted:

This thread is for lols and your posts aren't funny.

The biggest crime of all

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

The Vatican museum has a room with busts of all the Roman emperors. I specifically looked for Otho while I was there and found him.

i mean... i dont know about you, but a bust ain't no statue

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nooneofconsequence posted:

The biggest crime of all

The cherry's stem is not sweet, but it is important and necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008