Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the best part about it is i can watch this old rear end 30% move geriatric mosey to the weed shelf, have a long enjoyable toke at the table for like an hour, and then slam directly to the floor instead of standing up

*coughing* hits different on the rim goddrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Two peg legs then no legs takes care of people in withdrawal ruining things with their constant pissy mood breaks. They're a useless eater for a while but eh, whatever. Good stat/trait pawns are worth the investment.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
since the last update i have seen no ancient dangers

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

SugarAddict posted:

I tried outposts expanded, but I got tired of my one outpost getting raided every other day for 2 years.
Also colonists that are part of outposts and that outpost gets raided, it spawns in a small map, and your colonists start with whatever needs they had at whatever they were when they joined the outpost or at the end of the last combat engagement. This becomes annoying because your pawns can start combat starving, sleep deprived, or in need of refilling their addiction but they can't because that takes time and they're being shot at.

The raid side of Outposts is very buggy, sometimes pawns will flip factions when the raid starts or the outpost be spontaneously destroyed with no reason given (maybe the two are related?). I ended up disabling the outpost attack event when I was trying out the mod, though I later decided to cut it entirely because the numbers are just ridiculous. You can get so much meat and leather from a hunting camp with just a couple pawns that the drop pods just rain it across the entire map come delivery time.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

The stuck in bed healing -> low mood -> barely make it to weed -> collapse cycle is pretty rough

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

store some weed in the hospital

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What are doctors for if not administering weed to patients

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just gonna put you on a nice smokeleaf drip.

Really someone should make a smokeleaf fire pit in a mod so we can hotbox the hospital.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

pixaal posted:

Just gonna put you on a nice smokeleaf drip.

Really someone should make a smokeleaf fire pit in a mod so we can hotbox the hospital.

Wasn't there something like this for the high life ideologion? Never chosen that one, just thought I saw pictures of their rituals that had something for it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah there are megabongs that you just pack full of weed and they apply to everything in the room or some certain amount of tiles or something

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you can have a weed prison that keeps the inmates permanently stoned so in case of a break scenario they will be too hosed up to actually escape the map

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SniperWoreConverse posted:

They rolled it back already

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

interestingly the burnabong doesn't seem to count for smokeleaf dependency - i had some guy show up to a ritual who i was trying to break the addiction on, and it didn't raise his smokeleaf meter at all

so prisoners shouldn't come out of prison with a raging habit, thankfully

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Stupid Med Pods keep wiping out my drug highs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

among other things, Map Designer has a slider that lets you adjust Ancient Dangers from zero to 5x vanilla

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2111424996&searchtext=map

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Does consciousness reaching zero mean you die? Cause I think I accidentally killed an OK prisoner with weed

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

Does consciousness reaching zero mean you die? Cause I think I accidentally killed an OK prisoner with weed

Yep, pawns die when they reach 0% consciousness. That's the RimWorld equivalent of going full Terri Schiavo.

In other words, you got your pawn so stoned they went braindead. Which is either very impressive or makes RimWorld weed terrifying.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Rip Young, youtub star turned drifter who was shot in every part of the body except brain by my pirate king and star captain. Stablized at the brink and then shoved over by dr tokes. Now he's "interred" on a shelf next to the dog food.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Having your dick and balls shot off, then dying because the doctor got you too lit is frankly the most youtube way to go

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the dog prefers raw potatoes

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So what mod is causing my spawn thing near dev mode command to get bugged out and not work? Wondering if anyone else with a large mod list encountered this. Using Rimpy if it helps.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Yeah mine doesn't work either and with 300 mods I have no idea what's causing it. Placing directly into a pawn's inventory still works though so just use that.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've had that but a full restart fixed it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
:sludgepal:

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
nice

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:nice:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
nice

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Garfu posted:

Yeah mine doesn't work either and with 300 mods I have no idea what's causing it. Placing directly into a pawn's inventory still works though so just use that.

Out of curiosity, when you start up do you get a message about something like MAG_Transcendence something or other or something like that? Or with SoS2's config file contents being messed up?

I traced the lD string for the message I got from trying to access the pawn menu. I did this via copying and pasting the long string of numbers and letters that are where the issue is coming from. Upon putting it into google and then rimworld I got a bunch of similar messages from people having issues with VE Pirates, though I don't know if that bit of text is a signifier for a mod ID or something else due to a lack of knowledge about the debug file particulars.

Does make me wonder though, do you have Vanilla Expanded: Pirates enabled? IE: The one with the Warcaskets?

If so it might be something about the way Warcaskets work that's screwing it up. Also, the rum suit may be the cause according to some folks having graphical errors (via the same ID string) with it when a raider shows up wearing one on the map.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 14, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Poor Freckles, thought of

:stare: Maybe we shouldn't care about what Freckles thought of

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I lost my colony to a flock of manhunter seagulls last night. They caught me while my pawns were sowing the fields, and swooped in at incredible speeds before I could get my colonists inside. It was simultaneously the fastest and slowest way that I've ever lost a colony.

I think they're going to be my next holy animal.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So you tried to run so far away, ran all night and day, but couldn't get away?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
How are flying animals handled in mods? Somehow set so terrain has no effect on move speed? Something cooler and more interesting?

Off the top of my head what I'd try to do would be to give them a relatively low walk speed, but also give them jump belts so they could fly away. Sorta breaks down though because hypothetically a bird should be able to fly over a wall or fence, but not through a roof.

Still never even figured out my urns = fermenting vessels mod

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

How are flying animals handled in mods? Somehow set so terrain has no effect on move speed? Something cooler and more interesting?
This is usually how I've seen it done, probably because it's the easiest to code and less disruptive. Honestly it's a bigger benefit than it sound, since remember that even soil has a movement speed debuff versus floors so it becomes very hard for colonists to flee without stuff boosting their move speed.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

Kris xK posted:

I lost my colony to a flock of manhunter seagulls last night. They caught me while my pawns were sowing the fields, and swooped in at incredible speeds before I could get my colonists inside. It was simultaneously the fastest and slowest way that I've ever lost a colony.

I think they're going to be my next holy animal.

Birds have been on this planet, Miss Daniels, since Archaeopteryx; a hundred and forty million years ago. Doesn't it seem odd that they'd wait all that time to start a-a war against humanity?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Archonex posted:

Out of curiosity, when you start up do you get a message about something like MAG_Transcendence something or other or something like that? Or with SoS2's config file contents being messed up?

I traced the lD string for the message I got from trying to access the pawn menu. I did this via copying and pasting the long string of numbers and letters that are where the issue is coming from. Upon putting it into google and then rimworld I got a bunch of similar messages from people having issues with VE Pirates, though I don't know if that bit of text is a signifier for a mod ID or something else due to a lack of knowledge about the debug file particulars.

Does make me wonder though, do you have Vanilla Expanded: Pirates enabled? IE: The one with the Warcaskets?

If so it might be something about the way Warcaskets work that's screwing it up. Also, the rum suit may be the cause according to some folks having graphical errors (via the same ID string) with it when a raider shows up wearing one on the map.

Nah that doesn't seem to be the issue. I think it's from Vanilla expanded stuff. I've gotten some other weird errors like being unable to build a thing from another mod due to an error in the VFE job giver which is completely unrelated to the other mod. Probably a load order thing.

I don't have pirates tho, but I do have other VE mods. I recently disabled ancients due to issues.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone playing or try Core Keeper? Just launched my first ship ever in this game and I'm looking to change it up a bit

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Garfu posted:

Nah that doesn't seem to be the issue. I think it's from Vanilla expanded stuff. I've gotten some other weird errors like being unable to build a thing from another mod due to an error in the VFE job giver which is completely unrelated to the other mod. Probably a load order thing.

I don't have pirates tho, but I do have other VE mods. I recently disabled ancients due to issues.

So I figured it out on my end. It was More Archotech Garbage.

Aside from the compat issues, if your config files are old it'll glitch out the game due to other mods not playing nice with it. MAG is short for the mod so yeah. I wiped my config files using Rimpy and redownloaded all my mods and I was good to go, albeit with Mechalit still having some config errors due to another mod.

Not sure if that'll help but yeah. Apparently the game does not handle updating config files. Couple that with steam glitching out downloads in several ways every now and then and i'd recommend using Rimpy to wipe the mod configs and redownload all your mods.

VFE definitely has some issues though. It doesn't seem to play nice with Rocketman anymore. I'm getting the can't modify inner error when a raid shows up. One message for each person, I suspect. On top of that, it seems like the number of bugs has gone up since they started work on their own game.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 18, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Getting back into this game after like half a year away. Is Ideologies as unnecessary and overpriced a DLC as it looks? It seems like I could get basically the same impact by just playing with a self-imposed conduct.

Now you have to stop playing forever.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Ideology isn't just limitations, beyond the fun rituals and stuff it also enables alternate playstyles that would be less viable otherwise. I did my first run with just Ideology and picked up Royalty afterwards, and if I had the opportunity to go back in time and switch those I wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it also allows you to override the default taboos, so you can do an all cannibal run without it but either you need to selectively recruit cannibals or deal with the penalties, whereas ideology allows you to make the cannibal cult an actual cult and indoctrinate people and do big cannibal ceremonies and people will be happy about it as long as they are in the cult.

It allows you to set things your colony thinks are good and bad, basically. If you like roleplaying I think it is a good pickup, plus some of the basic content it adds is fun too.