Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

IDK man, I said pretty much the same snippet when my daughter was born. I can see how people could take that as subtweeting or whatever, but this really feels like folks are trying to force a Bean Dad here.

On topic:

I've seen it come up a couple of times recently in the oddest places so Steambot Chronicles/Bumpytrot is on my mind these days. There is no one little thing, but rather a massive range of little things in every conceivable area that makes it something really special to me. Oodles of systems, areas, and things to do make it a jambalaya of somewhat wonky mech combat and world building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HenryEx posted:

I had to read that three times to even find anything that could be considered off about it, even with all the previous context, i think you people might be going insane

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's also possible that you don't have the same perspective as others with different life experiences and priorities

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So the issue is he put the word "healthy" in there?

Like Pratt is a prat and a weird god-botherer but goddamn, that seems a reach.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle?

More like oldcentralist

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Perhaps there are life experiences that drive people mildly insane

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of people, especially younger and online ones, automatically distrust outspoken Christians, and usually for very good reasons because of endless experience about what that kind of person tends to be, and that another kind of person considers them automatically worthy of trust and respect does not help.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
you mean to say that they might pre judge an entire group of people based on a limited experience with them well i never

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There are plenty of reasons to dislike him, but yeah I don’t know if that’s really a deliberate dig. Talking about your “healthy” son or daughter is a pretty common turn of phrase.

Anna Faris seems cool though

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I'm into Watch_Dogs Legion at the moment, and it does a pretty good job of showing off London. Like, there's bits like the Barbican and Camden Market that are more accurate feeling to real life than I thought they would. But my favourite little thing is that my super sneaky spy operative has a trait where they fart loudly which alerts enemies, and I'm using that as my signal to go loud and blast fools with a "non lethal" shotgun.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Casnorf posted:

you mean to say that they might pre judge an entire group of people based on a limited experience with them well i never

But instead of 'limited experience,' it's "constant overexposure and are very familiar"

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

limited in this case refers to applying personal experience directly to a much broader group perhaps generalizing a set of traits when there is no possible way those traits are necessarily correlated but sure i am goon and i am dick therefore all goons are dicks

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Casnorf posted:

limited in this case refers to applying personal experience directly to a much broader group perhaps generalizing a set of traits when there is no possible way those traits are necessarily correlated but sure i am goon and i am dick therefore all goons are dicks

American Christians really don't need you to defend them lmao

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

American Christians really don't need you to defend them lmao

In this most sacred of threads too :(

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

who is defending i am being a jerk by calling out the hypocrisy and prejudice and i dont particularly care who is doing it to who when i do why would you read more into it than that

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Finally playing Super Robot Wars 30 and had a solid guffaw when the protagonist said this to a bunch of Neo Zeon dudes in the like, second mission.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Casnorf posted:

i am being a jerk

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Kitfox88 posted:

Finally playing Super Robot Wars 30 and had a solid guffaw when the protagonist said this to a bunch of Neo Zeon dudes in the like, second mission.

hahah you can have it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

If it doesn’t have this track playing every second MZ is out then the game designers really messed up. https://youtu.be/9QlNAOO1gnA

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Warbird posted:

IDK man, I said pretty much the same snippet when my daughter was born. I can see how people could take that as subtweeting or whatever, but this really feels like folks are trying to force a Bean Dad here.

On topic:

I've seen it come up a couple of times recently in the oddest places so Steambot Chronicles/Bumpytrot is on my mind these days. There is no one little thing, but rather a massive range of little things in every conceivable area that makes it something really special to me. Oodles of systems, areas, and things to do make it a jambalaya of somewhat wonky mech combat and world building.

Steambot Chronicles needs a re-release / remaster.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Warbird posted:

Announcing the birth of a healthy baby boy/girl is one thing, but the kid was born months. It's a random Wife post, not a birth announcement, and it's a weird phrasing compared to "mother to our beautiful baby boy/girl" or whatever - especially when your other kid has had prominent health challenges.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

darkwasthenight posted:

especially when your other kid has had prominent health challenges.

This is why it rubbed people wrong

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

This is why it rubbed people wrong

yes contextually its kinda suspect but lacking any further details absence of evidence has never been evidence of absence so reading much more than a head tilt speaks more to the reader than anyone else

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vandar posted:

Steambot Chronicles needs a re-release / remaster.

Too bad the sequel got cancelled and Irem hasn't bothered doing anything with the I.P. :smith:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

i dunno i think theres a word for people who assume the worst about any particular group based on the actions of individuals or subgroups within that grouping but i just cant seem to summon it here maybe i am just too willing to grant the benefit of the doubt to everyone lacking any concrete evidence one way or the other like it is totally possible to acknowledge bad things could have happened but also possible to acknowledge bad things did not happen and those two thoughts are not mutually exclusive

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

darkwasthenight posted:

and it's a weird phrasing compared to "mother to our beautiful baby boy/girl"
but what if you post that and the sibling is ugly

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

everyone is ugly all babies ugly you and me we all ugly tho some babies are definitely gonna grow up to play baseball

see attached references reid brignac and joe torre and colby rasmus and and and

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was an incredibly handsome baby. I had flowing locks of hair and a six pack and a deep tan.

I am, however, an incredibly unattractive adult.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Jesus christ shut the gently caress up

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Casnorf posted:

everyone is ugly all babies ugly you and me we all ugly tho some babies are definitely gonna grow up to play baseball

see attached references reid brignac and joe torre and colby rasmus and and and

i heard a rumour colby rasmus is hung like a horse so at least he's got that going for him

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Too bad the sequel got cancelled and Irem hasn't bothered doing anything with the I.P. :smith:

We have the 2011 earthquakes in Japan to thank for that, though in realistic terms the series was never going to be huge and the fact they opted for two sequels is kind of wild in retrospect. I’d adore a modern port to PC or whatever, but emulation is to the point where that isn’t really needed. Now to just wait for mobile chipsets to be able to field that easily…

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

I was an incredibly handsome baby. I had flowing locks of hair and a six pack and a deep tan.

I am, however, an incredibly unattractive adult.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

ilmucche posted:

i heard a rumour colby rasmus is hung like a horse so at least he's got that going for him

I was at Camden Yards a few years ago on Easter Sunday and a drunk dude hollered from the bleachers at a 1PM game, "Colby Rasmus kisses his father on the lips!" and it might be the most devastating put-down I've ever heard. Just an all-purpose heckle. Here it is years later and I'm still in awe.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Warbird posted:

We have the 2011 earthquakes in Japan to thank for that, though in realistic terms the series was never going to be huge and the fact they opted for two sequels is kind of wild in retrospect. I’d adore a modern port to PC or whatever, but emulation is to the point where that isn’t really needed. Now to just wait for mobile chipsets to be able to field that easily…

Yeah, and Irem is focused on pachinko stuff now. A bunch of former of employees formed their own company (Granzelle), and I hope they somehow get the rights for a re-release at least.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Post some little things in games.

Playing Dishonored 2. In the first game you could only knock people put from behind. Here you can knock them out while facing them as long as they are caught off guard. It's a small thing but such a welcome change to gameplay. More than once I've waited behind a door for an enemy to open it up, only to go "surprise motherfuckre", before they could react.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I been playing a lot of House Flipper lately and I know it's such a small thing but my wife looked over my shoulder while I was renovating a bathroom and asked if the developers were European, on the strength of the bathroom tiling going to the ceiling. So when we retiled the bathroom I saw that there's an option to have the tiling be half-height that the switch version doesn't have, suggesting the devs added it later because it looked odd to Americans. Love it when we can respect our bizarre little quirks!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've been playing Stellaris for the past three days. I picked up the Necroids expansion and this means I've been playing as Space Vampires who are in the process of (more or less) peacefully conquering the galaxy and installing themselves as rulers. No one is enslaved, everyone is free, and everyone has a chance to be chosen to become a space vampire themselves and be an immortal living in luxury under the great holy Archprophetess who speaks for the vampire gods.

I got tired of dealing with slave rebellions so i freed them, gave them social welfare, but kept myself as the ruling class. Somehow I've managed to get a hive mind to be my protectorate so I guess I'll find out how that works when i integrate them.

The things you can do in this game. I won't touch it six or eight months and then I get lost in it for a week.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Bogmonster posted:

But my favourite little thing is that my super sneaky spy operative has a trait where they fart loudly which alerts enemies, and I'm using that as my signal to go loud and blast fools with a "non lethal" shotgun.

I really like this and in my mind have a scene where a very long fart is bookended by the sound of a shotgun racking and the doom 2016 ost starting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

I've been playing Stellaris for the past three days. I picked up the Necroids expansion

I've did a Space Venice run where I kept all my planets in 1 sector and would steal pops from other empires to convert into my main species. With mods you can build habitats on the barren and molten planets to get more colonies in the starter sector. You can build a transit hub in that sector which effects every planet to ensure that any unemployed pops will move to another colony with jobs.

Then when you need more colonies you can eventually research orbital habitats, which you can put on top of those planets, doubling the colonies all in your starter sector.

Then once you get megaengineering you can move all your pops off the planet habitats and then scrap it, then build a terraforming megastructure on the planet to turn it into a proper planet. Then you can recolonize it and it'll still have all your buildings that you already built, including any of the habitat unique upgrades. So now you got these uber planets to throw all your super pops into.