Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's... complicated. After several months of back and forth, Patrick finally set the record straight on why I was banned:

But then Sandi sent this:

Unfortunately I had already sent out the e-mails. I then tell her that, she asks why, I tell her why, and then a member of the press contacted me and told me something interesting. So I sent a follow up:

I don't know what to think anymore. I suspect neither do they.

Beer...you play this thing beautifully. I mean this completely unironically. It's one thing to just be a persistent effortposter for this long, no matter how amusing you find it, but it's another thing to be able to play it this cool and well at the end.

Just keep on going for as long as you are able, it's a thing of beauty to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so she said that "she just got your email" pretty much right after you put the exchange out on imgur and this thread?

so transparent lol.

It was a few hours later that she responded, although how she "just got this" after nearly a week is beyond me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

The first part, yes. The idea is literally that you fly your rear end over to the arena, dock, spend a minute watching animations for getting out, going through airlocks, and then getting killed by someone camping.

What I'm learning is that these people probably thought Metroid Prime was the most amazing game ever with 0 loading screens, if that's all it takes to make them completely unaware what is happening.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Gotta grab them all, Peter!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

I can't, I don't even

ahahahaahah

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It was a few hours later that she responded, although how she "just got this" after nearly a week is beyond me.

She was probably taking some time off during the holiday!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Okay that's it...just...Lowtax, frikking cheat this thread back to its rightful 5-point status, cause goddamn does it deserve it.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 7, 2016

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, I asked her and she didn't respond for six days. So I told her that six days was more than enough time to wait and posted everything.

EDIT: Actually I told Patrick, since he had responded in that e-mail for me.

My bad, apparently I read through the imgur version too quickly while at work and got it confused.

Wow that was amazing, I admitted I was wrong about something and survived. I'm well on my way to being prepared for the surprise release of the BDSSGE and having to admit I was wrong about that too.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

CrazyLoon posted:

Beer...you play this thing beautifully. I mean this completely unironically. It's one thing to just be a persistent effortposter for this long, no matter how amusing you find it, but it's another thing to be able to play it this cool and well at the end.

Just keep on going for as long as you are able, it's a thing of beauty to behold.

this.

I can't believe that they've been asked for comment from the media on this and said something that completely contradicts their own story up to this point. This is the most incompetent and uncoordinated PR staff I have ever seen. They're somehow going to snowball what should be a complete non-issue into a story.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

CrazyLoon posted:

Okay that's it...just...Lowtax, frikking cheat this thread back to its rightful 5-point status, cause goddamn does it deserve it.

I don't understand how she's so bad at acting and yet continues to do it. It's just so obvious, hasn't anyone told her??

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

G0RF posted:

Gotta grab them all, Peter!

There were only 5, right

I feel like I'm going over the head of the best poster in the thread :smith:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

pftc posted:

1.) Go to http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner
2.) Click on "Media"
3.) Scroll down to this spot in the picture.
4.) Watch Reverse the Verse (Performance Video)

Sandi will probably delete the page, so you should download a copy.

This is publicly available information.

great find, pftc. Danke!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Truecon420 posted:

I don't understand how she's so bad at acting and yet continues to do it. It's just so obvious, hasn't anyone told her??

Replace she with cr and acting with game production

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Hull A : 21.7m
Hull B : 49.2 m
Hull C : 104.5 m
Hull D : (Assuming 200m)

Lets say loading and unloading a hull A with the "Cargo commander" mini game take 4 minutes.

Assuming a linear progression form Hull A to D, each vessel increasing in cargo capacity we get 32 minutes (4*2*2*2) of load - unload time for a Hull D.

Fun !

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

aleksendr posted:

Hull A : 21.7m
Hull B : 49.2 m
Hull C : 104.5 m
Hull D : (Assuming 200m)

Lets say loading and unloading a hull A with the "Cargo commander" mini game take 4 minutes.

Assuming a linear progression form Hull A to D, each vessel increasing in cargo capacity we get 32 minutes (4*2*2*2) of load - unload time for a Hull D.

Fun !

You don't unload it, you have your crew of slave scrub players do it for minimum wage while they try to earn their first spaceship.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
dsmart is gonna explode when he sees the last two pages of this thread haha.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CrazyLoon posted:

Thanks. This truly has been one of the weirdest and most incredible things I have ever experienced. I think it's the desire to see what's next that keeps me going.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Truecon420 posted:

All too afraid to! She knows swords and tae-bo, man!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Meat Dimension posted:

There were only 5, right

I feel like I'm going over the head of the best poster in the thread :smith:

You take that baton man, I honestly don't want it.
I feel like it's too much uploading the vid, honestly.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think it's the desire to see what's next that keeps me going.

The purest of reasons in my book. :)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I can't believe the email chain is still providing such comedy gold.

Beer, you are a beautiful person. You seriously couldn't have handled it any better than you have.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol at the irony of sandi talking down to someone cause they have no videogame experience.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Khanstant posted:

OK whatever, but again, what happens when you get to the FPS part? Do you like, dock your ship, go through a minute long standing up animation, walk to your exit hatch, put on space suit, decompress or something, then open exit and step out, and then BAM you're in combat and someone shoots you in the head as you walk out? Or do you do all that and then walk to some other door which is where you get to enter the FPS zone? When you die, do you respawn? Is there a point? Or do you just shoot NPC mobs or something. There's so much words about this game and I've been following it since the kickstarter and I feel like I just know less and less about this game the longer it goes on

That's the magic of open development.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A Neurotic Jew posted:

dsmart is gonna explode when he sees the last two pages of this thread haha.

He's gonna :smuggo: so hard he'll be like
:smugbert:

:smugdog:

:dukedog:

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

G0RF posted:

great find, pftc. Danke!

If Sandi responds to this, let it be known for the record that it was uploaded publicly by her.

No hacking. No cheating.

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

Sandi said to Beer that people believe "I'm spending backers money on my acting," using her words.

There's a reason people can think that, Sandi.

"I took a chance on you with this job. You think you can find another job elsewhere? Well go ahead. I see every loving email thread. I OWN your email threads. No other gaming company is going to hire you because you don't have any gaming experience. No, you came from a hospitality background. At best maybe you could work at McDonalds." 0:00 to 0:19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuOxMtlHRcE

"We didn't have any 4K monitors we only had 1080p monitors, so the 4K monitors were a waste because I didn't even ask for them. So I'm not sure why that was even a-" 29:17 - 29:27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2J_LyX44uY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
That loving mo cap vid, good god she CANNOT ACT.

BLINKBLINKBLINK

*BLINKING INTENSIFIES* DADADADADADADADADADAAAUGH!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My hits have stopped at 122, why would this be?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You don't unload it, you have your crew of slave scrub players do it for minimum wage while they try to earn their first spaceship.

Oh yeah, like your going to let those filthy, not-backing plebs unload your precious cargo of "Flora pleasure system".

But seriously, even if you get console peasants to do it, your still waiting a half hour for the next cargo run.

Can you really imagine loading a 200m ship with grabby hands like the vending machine ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eihLxf45Uic

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 7, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
SA doesn't like playlists, so here's the mocap video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iKfqaPKkU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

And what's the point of the mocap there anyway? It's just miminal movement from all involved (especially sandis face - Minus the blinking)

Oh yeah good job sandi you really sold walking from one side of the room to the other and turning your head slightly (still can't act)

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 7, 2016

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just caught up after a couple of busy days at work and holy loving poo poo this thread is the best.

I finally listened to the Escapist podcast covering Star Citizen and that really put a different spin on things than this thread. In here it's "Star Citizen is a cult for dumbass nerds and they are bad hahaha" but the podcast was more of "Star Citizen is a criminal enterprise to such an extent that the people in charge all belong in jail for serious crimes. And there are dumb nerds." It was a good listen though.

Also, I find it interesting that Chris and Sandi are merely leasing their Porsches and mansion. I assume that's so that when their assets are seized during the investigation proper, they don't lose any assets they own?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe to show that she had chemistry with the rest of the cast. Hoping to ride off the presence of Mark Strong and not get compared to him? Who knows!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I've seen better performances in Birdemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEokEOezF7o

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And what's the point of the mocap there anyway? It's just miminal movment from all involved (especially sandis face - Minus the blinking)

Oh yeah good job sandi you really sold walking from one side of the room to the other and turning your head slightly (still can't act)

Holy poo poo why did we build multiple mocap studios?!? Quick, film the entire game there!

e:That's probably too much self-awareness though.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

just caught up on the new posts and my only reaction is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHCaQ0_a4g

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And what's the point of the mocap there anyway? It's just miminal movement from all involved (especially sandis face - Minus the blinking)

Honestly that video really makes me wonder if any of Squadron 42 is going to be watchable.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of this thread

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

The Meat Dimension posted:

SA doesn't like playlists, so here's the mocap video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iKfqaPKkU
thrilling. 10/10 metacritic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly that video really makes me wonder if any of Squadron 42 is going to be watchable.

It's gonna be 10 hours of people standing in storage closets and walking from one side to the other, slightly turning their heads and then smirking.

with their loving plastic teeth and ears that don't sit on their heads right, and their parkinsons hands and their loving paunches.....

• Locked thread