Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

friend what are you doing, you can't do that

he went to sleep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
incredible website all around

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lmfao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

thotsky posted:

the dudes getting all worked up about not calling the capitol debacle a coup attempt are sus

if I wanna go gently caress up the government to keep my preferred politician in power but can't figure out how to put on shoes it is still a coup attempt

this started because dustcat said “by a stroke of luck we almost had a coup” which is fuckin stupid, and then said no one was doing any measures to prevent a dc riot again. uhh except now congress has a full time military garrison on standby and are gonna do patriot act 2

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

THS posted:

this started because dustcat said “by a stroke of luck we almost had a coup” which is fuckin stupid, and then said no one was doing any measures to prevent a dc riot again. uhh except now congress has a full time military garrison on standby and are gonna do patriot act 2

patriot act 1 was not good enough to warrant a sequel imo, bad idea to greenlight another

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gently caress that discussion, are the bullshit probes/bans getting sorted or what?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

thotsky posted:

the dudes getting all worked up about not calling the capitol debacle a coup attempt are sus

if I wanna go gently caress up the government to keep my preferred politician in power but can't figure out how to put on shoes it is still a coup attempt

They're sus as hell fam

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Lol. Sad but true

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol did commissioner gordon beam up the TRMPL signal

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

of loving course their first post ITT was about larry.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

:trumppop: :trumppop: :trumppop:

:berned: :berned: :berned:

:gritin: :gritin: :gritin:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

of loving course their first post ITT was about larry.

he should marry him

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Trump thread not sending their brightest.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Algund Eenboom posted:

They're sus as hell fam

hella sus bae

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

qnqnx posted:

he should marry him

larry shall marry and it will all be completely above the board

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

finna be mad y’all

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

answering fam with bae is assuming a lot of things

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Lol

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
prayers out to everyone posting in the Epstein thread

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

thotsky posted:

prayers out to everyone posting in the Epstein thread

gonna test the waters by alleging the mods are part of propaganda due

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

gonna test the waters by alleging the mods are part of propaganda due

Aatrek hitting on one of the 14 year old girls on the Lolita Express, "If you were a space station, you'd be Deep Space Fine"

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Mods seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, emphasizing free association, freedom of choice, individualism and voluntary association.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*coughs* is this still going on

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
this is a good demonstration of the formal law on one hand and the actual roots and operation of power on the other. there isn't technically a forums rule against calling a mod a pedophile. on the other hand mods aren't actually bound by forum rules to begin with and are just tasked with maintaining community in an ad hoc fashion. between equal rights force decides

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hilario Baldness posted:

Aatrek hitting on one of the 14 year old girls on the Lolita Express, "If you were a space station, you'd be Deep Space Fine"

holy poo poo lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Around the time the lowtax thing went on wasn't Burt Sexual also outed as a creep?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

lol

anyway free everyone

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

thotsky posted:

also, fascists can afford to try stupid poo poo, they know the state views them as a useful tool to keep in reserve, so even when they lose, they won't be destroyed.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I just got here. what’s going on

The mods have decided that "denying" a very dubious narrative of human rights abuses in China is a bannable offense, and when asked why they would do so while allowing outright support of much worse, factually verifiable atrocities by America and its allies, explained that lacking this double standard would make the forum "Stalinist." Now they are banning people who condemn this cowardly braying stupidity for what it is.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
also apropos ate a 24-hr one for having a bad avatar which i mean i guess always was kind of unpleasant to look at but i don't feel like the punishment fits the crime in this case

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
how does he always know so quickly?

I know it's just lame snitches, but I wanna crack wise on how that poo poo goes off like that starter pistol at a greyhound track.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

apropos to nothing posted:

bonapartist or bonapartism can be a general term used to describe the seizure of civilian power by a military leader. it can be described as left wing or right wing and its not the most precise term generally.

"Can be"
Really?
Bonapartism has a specific meaning in Marxism generally, and is an even more important concept in Trotskyism specifically. I seriously doubt you're unaware of that fact.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Ferrinus posted:

this is a good demonstration of the formal law on one hand and the actual roots and operation of power on the other. there isn't technically a forums rule against calling a mod a pedophile. on the other hand mods aren't actually bound by forum rules to begin with and are just tasked with maintaining community in an ad hoc fashion. between equal rights force decides

Forum Rules:

1. Do NOT allude to the moderators or forums staff being pedophiles. It keeps happening and, frankly, we’re sick of it. Take it to discord.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

:eyepop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

make the mod forum visible to everyone

here it is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
sure is weird how many mods turn out to be pedophiles or sex offenders and how touchy their replacements are when this is brought up. almost seems defensive

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

here it is

don't post your dick, sicko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

i actually do agree that it was a de facto coup attempt, it just had no chance of success

follow-up stories have reported militiamen and other organizer types trying to corral the crowds into doing something, but that they were ultimately unable because no one really wanted to do anything

kicking down a bookcase and stealing a plaque? yeah, that sounds like a time. takeover and overthrow of the government? uhh, let me ask my wife about that, she went looking for Schumer's office to go poop in one of his drawers