Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

The Order is gaming finally achieving the long-sought dream of a playable movie. Unfortunately that movie was Underworld.

This is the most on point thing ever said about The Order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffLebowski
Mar 6, 2006

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Attitude Indicator posted:

Wander took an arrow in the leg before "transforming" into Dormin and that wound carries over. It's why Dormin drags his leg after him and moves sluggishly. So wanders physical state affects Dormin and you can assume that given som R&R he would be up to snuff. I also considered Dormin closer to some sort of corrupting disease than an all powerful evil god, but it's been years since i played it so i don't remember why i thought that.

sotc-related:

i think its inferred that dormin is still reforming and regaining his strength. the priest even says something to the effect of 'stop him, before its too late!'... intimating that dormin is nowhere near full power yet and that if he fully regained his strength they would all be hosed.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
If anyone from the uk is even considering buying 1886 you can have my copy shipped to you for free and ill pay the postage just to get that game out my house, its that insufferably shite.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

If anyone from the uk is even considering buying 1886 you can have my copy shipped to you for free and ill pay the postage just to get that game out my house, its that insufferably shite.

it's like the VHS from The Ring

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Attitude Indicator posted:

Wander took an arrow in the leg before "transforming" into Dormin and that wound carries over. It's why Dormin drags his leg after him and moves sluggishly. So wanders physical state affects Dormin and you can assume that given som R&R he would be up to snuff. I also considered Dormin closer to some sort of corrupting disease than an all powerful evil god, but it's been years since i played it so i don't remember why i thought that.

Endchat: I never got the impression that Dormin was a corrupting disease at all. I thought the game made it clear that he was a God of Life. But like, a god of life in the amoral chaotic sense, such that he could raise the dead and make inanimate objects come alive, which was obviously scary to a lot of people and that's why his power was sealed away inside the colossi. The top of the temple, the last vestige of Dormin's power, is covered in greenery and abundance seen nowhere else in the Forbidden Land, but that probably once thrived when he held dominion over it. And ultimately, he makes good on his promise to bring Mono back to life.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ll sell you my OG Vita with Killzone + a big memory card of a size I can’t remember if you’re interested

Unless you live in Europe, just the shipping will make it really expensive. I know that I'll end getting a vita just to play all the ps+ games I own (and maybe Persona 4 Arena).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Guillermus posted:

Unless you live in Europe, just the shipping will make it really expensive. I know that I'll end getting a vita just to play all the ps+ games I own (and maybe Persona 4 Arena).

US, sorry man!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Endchat: I never got the impression that Dormin was a corrupting disease at all. I thought the game made it clear that he was a God of Life. But like, a god of life in the amoral chaotic sense, such that he could raise the dead and make inanimate objects come alive, which was obviously scary to a lot of people and that's why his power was sealed away inside the colossi. The top of the temple, the last vestige of Dormin's power, is covered in greenery and abundance seen nowhere else in the Forbidden Land, but that probably once thrived when he held dominion over it. And ultimately, he makes good on his promise to bring Mono back to life.

like i said I haven't played it in ages so that could very well be, but i don't think the game really gives all that much info about dormin, so both theories might be valid. who knows. I think i based my thought around how Wander was affected by progressing through the game. Dormin could give life, but it's essence would eventually corrupt and waste it away. It's why they sealed it away in the colossus; beings big and durable enough to hold him, and not having the same as human life. but that's all just theory crafting as far as i know.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Guillermus posted:

I have a Vita 1000 and 8GB card to sell that is surplus to requirements for me (Germany). Also there's no P4 Arena for Vita.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Guillermus posted:

p4a is a ps3 game so that vita isn't gonna help you much there

unless you're thinking of persona 4 golden

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SotC just arrived. What a blessed day

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

Should I get it on sale? Every time I see it I'm like "no it is said to have no redeeming qualities".

I got The Order for free and it still pissed me off. gently caress that game. It does look good but so do other, not rear end, games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I thought everyone got mad at The Order because one of the developers complained about having to actually make a game in an interview

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

p4a is a ps3 game so that vita isn't gonna help you much there

unless you're thinking of persona 4 golden

Yeah sorry, I meant golden.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

I thought everyone got mad at The Order because one of the developers complained about having to actually make a game in an interview

checks out, there's a time where you'll go three chapters without any gameplay

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

precision posted:

checks out, there's a time where you'll go three chapters without any gameplay

This doesen't really mean anything without context. There are times in MGS games where you can go almost an hour without any gameplay.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This doesen't really mean anything without context. There are times in MGS games where you can go almost an hour without any gameplay.

TBF, during those periods, you generally do have the option of holding down R1 to focus Snake's gaze on some boobies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The ending of MGs4 has like 70 mins of unplayable stuff. gently caress off!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That's not even exaggerating, I saw the ending on a stream once and my memory is that it was 74 straight minutes until the game was over after the last bit of gameplay

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
MGS4's praise will forever elude me. Gameplay was dope but there's only like an hour of it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

James Woods Fan posted:

MGS4's praise will forever elude me. Gameplay was dope but there's only like an hour of it.

MGS4 appeared early in the PS3's life and looked drop dead gorgeous at the time. Also player perceptions on what was a good game was different then. I rated MGS4 very highly (and still do) because it was a conglomeration of what made Metal Gear a great series.

I still miss waiting 15 minutes per chapter watching Snake smoke while the game installed onto the hard drive. The game even gave you tips about smoking.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SettingSun posted:

MGS4 appeared early in the PS3's life and looked drop dead gorgeous at the time. Also player perceptions on what was a good game was different then. I rated MGS4 very highly (and still do) because it was a conglomeration of what made Metal Gear a great series.

I on the other hand think it’s a conglomeration of the absolute worst parts of metal gear

(with a few redeeming things)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

I on the other hand think it’s a conglomeration of the absolute worst parts of metal gear

(with a few redeeming things)

No that's MGSV which has no plot, two interesting characters, and about five minutes of actual charming metal gear-ness to it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No that's MGSV which has no plot, two interesting characters, and about five minutes of actual charming metal gear-ness to it.

MGS5 has a lot of stellar stealth gameplay though

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Phantom Pain gameplay so good I keep a physical copy, I can play it over and over and only hate the slow opening chapter poo poo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's like the VHS from The Ring

Seven days hours to play through but worth it for a tenner at most

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

MGS5 has a lot of stellar stealth gameplay though

Its the best playing 3rd person game ever. The verbs, dog, lemme tell you about snakes verbs

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Is the Phantom Pain engine seriously only used for Pro Evolution Soccer now? Like Konami doesn't even make some easy $$$ licencing out to other devs like Unreal and stuff?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Is the Phantom Pain engine seriously only used for Pro Evolution Soccer now? Like Konami doesn't even make some easy $$$ licencing out to other devs like Unreal and stuff?

mgs survive is on that and now that their pachinko plan fell through, you can assume they'll be making more games with it

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

mgs survive is on that and now that their pachinko plan fell through, you can assume they'll be making more games with it

Do they still have enough people on the janitorial staff to develop games?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
the simulation fight against the reapers in titanfall 2 is kicking my rear end!!!!!!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If they made MGS 1/2/3 with Fox Engine and did them good and well and right, I would buy them, €60 a piece no questions asked. Odds are tiny as poo poo they'll do that or put their other treasure trove of historical IPs to any use at all. Bet they demanded a lot to contract with Hamster to bring Arcade Archives games out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

If they made MGS 1/2/3 with Fox Engine and did them good and well and right, I would buy them, €60 a piece no questions asked. Odds are tiny as poo poo they'll do that or put their other treasure trove of historical IPs to any use at all. Bet they demanded a lot to contract with Hamster to bring Arcade Archives games out.

idk, if they're desperate for money the easiest thing to do would be porting old games up. maybe nothing so extravagant as a full remake but buffing the resolution a bit? sure

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I want them to do a 4K remaster of the original Metal Gear for no apparent reason.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
But no graphical upgrades, just the original game stretched into 4k.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Those Fox Engine MGS3 cutscenes looked terrible. The models looked so lifeless compared to their PS2 era counterparts. If an MGS Fox Engine remake collection happens they better get Bluepoint to give it the Shadow of the Colossus treatment.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samuringa posted:

16 screens of Metal Gear that play simultaneously on your monitor.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samuringa posted:

Make sure it's the PS1 version and not Twin Snakes, I want to see every one of those postit-sized pixels

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

fruit on the bottom posted:

I want them to do a 4K remaster of the original Metal Gear for no apparent reason.

All MG games would own if they all had fox engine remakes. Even Ghost Babel.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

OxMan posted:

All MG games would own if they all had fox engine remakes. Even Ghost Babel.

Snake's Revenge :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

James Woods Fan posted:

Same, but also MGSV, since there's still an hour of gameplay...you just have to repeat that same hour 50 times.

Throw MGS4 and MGSV into the Horadric Cube and the resulting game might almost be as good as MGS3.