Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Time to analyze the usage of pepperoni for its deep, hidden meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

Now That Is Koos posted:

In that sense, it's a metaphor for Homestuck at large.

Now, that is Koos.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

here lies
koos

peperony and
chease and
homestuck

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I would sort of like a chance to look into the alternate universe where Nepeta was the minor character who initiated Horrorstuck instead of Gamzee.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why do I have the feeling Karkat would have ended up the first one to die?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is that pepperoni pizza? Koos, you of all people should know that Aradia is Troll Jewish.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Is that pepperoni pizza? Koos, you of all people should know that Aradia is Troll Jewish.

Another layer of the metaphor...

vvv Just like Jake, a pillow mostly just lies around and doesn't do anything. The Genuine Jake Experience.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 15, 2013

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm sad to have missed Koos time, but I feel like now is the time to share. I was looking on ebay to see if maybe I could score replacements for some of the KS sticker sheets I accidentally ruined. Instead I found this. Jake English hugging pillows :downs:

Thumbnailed because it weirds me out, though I believe it's technically sfw.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Why

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Probably not one of your wiser purchases.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey now, he never said he BOUGHT it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bell_ posted:

Probably not one of your wiser purchases.

It's probably not one of anybody's wiser purchases. Yet you know in your heart that somewhere out there a con is in progress, and some Homestuck is there, clutching this thing tightly to their chest.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Defintely, definitely did not buy it. That thing would give me nightmares. :gonk:

e: the face my avatar is making is pretty much exactly how I feel about that body pillow

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thundarr posted:

It's probably not one of anybody's wiser purchases. Yet you know in your heart that somewhere out there a con is in progress, and some Homestuck is there, clutching this thing tightly to their chest.

The con is that you print it on a pillow and some horrible person pays through the nose for it. :rimshot:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm pretty sure the freaky pillow-picture thing must've started as some ironic "haha, look at this crazy Japanese thing, let's make some joke ones" sort of thing that very quickly went off the rails into creepy sincerity, occasionally masked with "irony".

Although, I am a bit amused by Jake English's continued use as "the chick" by the comic and the fandom. Homestuck's always done a good job messing with gender cliches in stories and making the attractive, airheaded bimbo in a skimpy outfit be a guy feels like part of that.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I can't be the only person distraught over the fact that I can't buy the 5-book Problem Sleuth sheath separately from the books, can I? I mean, I bought the books serially, why can't I just buy the sheath? :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DaveKap posted:

I can't be the only person distraught over the fact that I can't buy the 5-book Problem Sleuth sheath separately from the books, can I? I mean, I bought the books serially, why can't I just buy the sheath? :(

You can buy the sheath separately. Or well at least you can buy the latest book, and add the sheath on as well.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=MSPA-PS-BOOK05&Category_Code=WELCOME

There's a little drop down menu that says "Would you like to include the Complete Collection slipcase for $15 more?"

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Regy Rusty posted:

You can buy the sheath separately. Or well at least you can buy the latest book, and add the sheath on as well.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=MSPA-PS-BOOK05&Category_Code=WELCOME

There's a little drop down menu that says "Would you like to include the Complete Collection slipcase for $15 more?"
That's just too awesome. Thanks!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

You can buy the sheath separately.

It took me a minute to realize that bodypillow chat hadn't escalated into something much, much worse. :gonk:

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Lizard Wizard posted:

It took me a minute to realize that bodypillow chat hadn't escalated into something much, much worse. :gonk:

I like to think were capable of at least a modicum of self restraint here.

Edit: They're called "slip cases," anyway.

ThisIsNoZaku fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 16, 2013

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Speaking of MSPA related purchases, my troll pullover hoodie just arrived in the mail! It is super comfy, I love the color (I got Equius/Sagittarius, blue on black looks really fantastic) and it arrived way faster than I ever expected. I mean they only went up, what, a week ago? I wasn't expecting it for at least another week. Just in time for winter weather to start setting in, too. Thank you WP store!

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I'm sad to have missed Koos time, but I feel like now is the time to share. I was looking on ebay to see if maybe I could score replacements for some of the KS sticker sheets I accidentally ruined. Instead I found this. Jake English hugging pillows :downs:

Thumbnailed because it weirds me out, though I believe it's technically sfw.

...is there a Page of Hope version of this?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm guessing the art came from a time pre-Page Jake. If not, what a huge waste of an opportunity. Hell, even bootyshorts adventuring thigh-holster Jake seems like it would be more fitting to one of these, but, thankfully, when it comes to body pillows covered in anime illustrations of webcomic characters, what the hell do I know? (nothing, thank god)

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 16, 2013

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Creative, inspired, and in no way embarrassingly squalid arts and crafts aside, does anyone know when the next update's coming? I just caught up for the first time last week, and not having more pages ready to read is a new situation for me.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Creative, inspired, and in no way embarrassingly squalid arts and crafts aside, does anyone know when the next update's coming? I just caught up for the first time last week, and not having more pages ready to read is a new situation for me.

Welcome to the serial readership. Welcome to withdrawal symptoms. The speculation is that we'll get the first real flash in several months on 10/25, the two-year anniversary of Cascade, but no-one knows. Normally, there's an update nearly every day, unless Hussie's cooking something bigger than usual or with a lot of dialogue.

Personally, I recommend getting an RSS reader like Feedly if you haven't already, so that you're informed as soon as updates drop. Some people se a separate notifier just for Homestuck, but this is dumb. Just use RSS, and spend your now free time archive binging on other fine web comics.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mimir posted:

Welcome to the serial readership. Welcome to withdrawal symptoms. The speculation is that we'll get the first real flash in several months on 10/25, the two-year anniversary of Cascade, but no-one knows. Normally, there's an update nearly every day, unless Hussie's cooking something bigger than usual or with a lot of dialogue.

Personally, I recommend getting an RSS reader like Feedly if you haven't already, so that you're informed as soon as updates drop. Some people se a separate notifier just for Homestuck, but this is dumb. Just use RSS, and spend your now free time archive binging on other fine web comics.

And trust me, it could be worse. During the Horrorstuck interlude, Homestuck updates were basically heroin to a lot of people because poo poo was just that real and Hussie was posting up to 40 new pages per day. Now that nearly everyone is immortal and/or stupid, we can't recapture those dizzying highs.

Now That Is Koos
Sep 30, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Terezi is Troll-Jewgish. Aradia is a postmodern spiritualist. Ghosts are a well-worn symbol for "remnants" of pre-postmodern superstition (see Professor Layton and the Last Specter), sometimes seasoned with a helping of irony (like Ghost Hunters). Aradia, as do most of the trolls in one way or another, takes an approach so cynical it re-emerges as naive. She's so lacking in spirit that she's a spirit.

Edit: I'm talking about Aradia before she was revived.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well obviously, but what about the pizza?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If you don't need a full RSS reader and are on Windows, this is a good little tool to tell you when there's an update (just a little popup above your taskbar clock) with notify images and sounds you can customize. Mine honks a horn. :3:
http://mspanotify.tumblr.com/

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

quote:

(:words: about the bullshit of waiting)

Welp. :saddowns: I'll get to see how MSPA Notify works, I guess.

Groundless speculation: Karkat's crazy eye thing from way back was a power trait and we'll see it actually mean something pretty soon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Welp. :saddowns: I'll get to see how MSPA Notify works, I guess.

Groundless speculation: Karkat's crazy eye thing from way back was a power trait and we'll see it actually mean something pretty soon.

I still believe that Karkat's blood powers will turn out to be this.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Blackheart posted:

I still believe that Karkat's blood powers will turn out to be this.

Or this?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm starting to realize that Homestuck would make a lot more sense if Koos wrote it.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Dorroile posted:

I'm starting to realize that Homestuck would make a lot more sense if Koos wrote it.

You're saying Koos didn't write Homestuck?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

frozentreasure posted:

You're saying Koos didn't write Homestuck?

Well, that would explain where he gets the money for all those accounts. Guess that's where the Kickstarter went!

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
:frogsiren: UPDATES ARE HERE :frogsiren:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
About time she showed up. Now they can truly pose as a team.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
And holy poo poo with cliffhangers on top of cliffhangers.

vvvvv More like l8r. This intermission is over

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 16, 2013

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure Aranea's gonna bite the big one now.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.
Thank goodness Rose did something. Jake even got blown up for his awfulness. Can the Condesce kill Gamzee (in November, I guess)?