Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Vial is 40 bucks and mm1 is not recent.

OK but this isn't going to make Vial's price go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that rats are secretly one of the more playable tribes that people don't tend to think about, even if they haven't printed such obvious cards as rat with a balloon, or simply "rats."

the fact that the card "rats" doesn't exist says something about wotc. something terrible.

also pauper and rats talk made me think, is there a more demoralizing card to see hit the board than chittering rats? it doesn't even kill you quickly, and there's a really good chance you're going to see that same loving chittering rats hit you again..

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

rabidsquid posted:

i think that rats are secretly one of the more playable tribes that people don't tend to think about, even if they haven't printed such obvious cards as rat with a balloon, or simply "rats."

the fact that the card "rats" doesn't exist says something about wotc. something terrible.

also pauper and rats talk made me think, is there a more demoralizing card to see hit the board than chittering rats? it doesn't even kill you quickly, and there's a really good chance you're going to see that same loving chittering rats hit you again..

Relentless rats, especially when you signal its arrival

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Relentless rats, especially when you signal its arrival

um that's not demoralizing you just wrath those away

anglachel
May 28, 2012

mcmagic posted:

No it wont. Best case is that you can crack one in a pack and afford 2 normal ones. Hence making it more lottery esque

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

anglachel posted:

Some of the Racecars will probably have Expeditions as well.

But expeditions have nothing to do do with needed reprints. It increases the lottery ticket aspect of magic. Especially if most of them can hold value over 30 bucks until Aether Revolt.

In this set Maro specifically says there's only 5 cards in Kaladesh Inventions that are in Kaladesh, so its just the Gearhulk cycle.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

rabidsquid posted:

Rats get swarmyard!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Eternal Witness taget my Plow Under

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Zoness posted:

um that's not demoralizing you just wrath those away

Guess what?

i've got more rats motherfucker

Kill them all you want, they just keep coming

They might even be...relentless

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Maybe the Amonkhet Expedition will have the long awaited Oubliette reprint.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

In this set Maro specifically says there's only 5 cards in Kaladesh Inventions that are in Kaladesh, so its just the Gearhulk cycle.

Watch it not be the Gearhulk cycle, just because

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rabidsquid posted:

i think that rats are secretly one of the more playable tribes

Notably powerful rats:

Crypt Rats
Ravenous Rats
Chittering Rats
Relentless Rats
Pack Rat (no s at the end, shameful naming)
Rotting Rats
Ink-Eyes
Nezumi Graverobber
Nezumi Shortfang
Okiba-Gang Shinobi

plus some limited powerhouses like the deathtouch rats and some of the other ninjas. Your story checks out. Can we get a FTV: Rats, WotC?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Guess what?

i've got more rats motherfucker

Kill them all you want, they just keep coming

They might even be...relentless

this deck sounds like trash

Hellsau posted:

Notably powerful rats:

Crypt Rats
Ravenous Rats
Chittering Rats
Relentless Rats
Pack Rat (no s at the end, shameful naming)
Rotting Rats
Ink-Eyes
Nezumi Graverobber
Nezumi Shortfang
Okiba-Gang Shinobi

plus some limited powerhouses like the deathtouch rats and some of the other ninjas. Your story checks out. Can we get a FTV: Rats, WotC?

only if they include droning bureaucrats

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I mean, even in Oath of the Gatewatch, they started printing lands that really weren't that playable in anything or fringe-playable. I would fully expect it to be like 2 or 3 chase premium cards and a bunch that aren't worth a ton, they just give you a little extra value.

It just seems like a cool thing you can open which I'm fine with.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, even in Oath of the Gatewatch, they started printing lands that really weren't that playable in anything or fringe-playable. I would fully expect it to be like 2 or 3 chase premium cards and a bunch that aren't worth a ton, they just give you a little extra value.

It just seems like a cool thing you can open which I'm fine with.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
They're going to reprint Tymaret and Trading Post and the thread will collapse

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Death Bot posted:

This would get me to play standard again.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

So it needs to be old, not reserved list, and drive the price down in an extremely low printing.

That's literally 0 cards.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Death Bot posted:

Nah, Trading Post will be an amazing Masterpiece reprint only if they also have a Masterpiece Goat token to go with it. Otherwise - no sell!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Death Bot posted:

Oh gently caress yes it will.

ScarletBrother posted:

This would get me to play standard again.

:yeah:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I hope we get an Artifact – Vehicle Equipment. Like a swordcycle or something.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

maybe if token generation and/or fabricate gets pushed?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The only bad thing about Masterpieces is that I will never open any because I play Limited maybe once a year. I do make sure I open a one pack per set just to say I did but lol good luck there.

If they're going to be in each block going forward though that plays into my weird obsession with "plane-shifted" reprints so I am extremely down in that regard.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

who's this deckmaster

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Kurtofan posted:

who's this deckmaster

me

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

As long as people play a card in a format there will probably be a non-zero demand for a blinged out version of that card

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

oh wait I thought that 'e' was an 'i' my mistake haha

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

:shittypop:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Old news:

This is the new hot deckmaster (R) game.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

sarmhan posted:

Old news:

This is the new hot deckmaster (R) game.

Jihad/V:tES was my jam.

I lie, I never played it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

En Fuego posted:

Jihad/V:tES was my jam.

I lie, I never played it.

You should have. It had a card to commemorate a famous WotC judge.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Gross

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Zemyla posted:

I hope we get an Artifact – Vehicle Equipment. Like a swordcycle or something.

If you crew a vehicle, it'll become a creature and become unequipped. Not that that's a dealbreaker, but it does make it finicky.

e: Alternatively, just make vehicles that are basically equipment only worse.

e2: Or whatever, I dunno.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 12, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I don't think there is a good reason to play this over Voldaren Pariah.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

C-Euro posted:

The only bad thing about Masterpieces is that I will never open any because I play Limited maybe once a year. I do make sure I open a one pack per set just to say I did but lol good luck there.

If they're going to be in each block going forward though that plays into my weird obsession with "plane-shifted" reprints so I am extremely down in that regard.

I love them too and think they're way cooler than functional reprints

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Idgi. :saddowns:

VV: Yeah I saw that there's no R or B. Still idgi

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Look at the color dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011