Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Lame as Heck posted:

4. Drew Abuse - He has it coming SOMETIMES, but usually... poor drew :(

While I agree with you mostly, I believe Adam has a point when he rags on Drew for ruining his comedic timing by jumping ahead to the conclusion of the joke. Drew has no idea that he's doing it, and I want to yell at him along with Adam for being so oblivious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

Lame as Heck posted:

5. The ever persistent reminder that we're all completely hosed - This show is just DARK, man.

Yeah especially when we're reminded that people like this actually exist:

DREWSKI, DON'T MAKE ME DROP TROU

I'LL DO IT

TOO MUCH INFORMATION BUDDY, I MEAN, I'D TELL YA BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YA

JUST GOTTA CHECK THE WEATHER REAL QUICK, 72 DEGREES IN ENCINO

nah
Mar 16, 2009

New phone system on today's podcast, sounds pretty good.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
What is up with the two halfs?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheDingo posted:

What is up with the two halfs?

Did you get two? I only got one :(

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Lame as Heck posted:

5. Anderson drops - Far more appreciated now than when i was a 13 year old jackoff caller. He's quick, and he's unusually on point, especially when Adam is ranting too much.
I think Bald Brian was a better engineer in terms of drop timing, but Loveline had a couple advantages that made it a really unique show in that department. First was the idiot callers and insane guests that produces drops like "What's my dad doing in Isreal" and basically all of Violent J's quotes. Idiot callers also result in the hilarious exchanges with the "You're Fat", "You're Gay" and "You're a Mormon" drops. And the second was the antagonism between Anderson and Adam that would sometimes rise to the surface.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

UltraRed posted:

Did you get two? I only got one :(

I got both just because I happened to have the podcast expanded in iTunes (and saw a second one that wasn't downloaded). But yeah, most people will only get one half automatically.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.
Does anyone have the Nov. 2 show with Silversun Pickups? Their lead singer is hilarious, I'd love to hear this.

Lizzy
Jun 4, 2006

IRON MAN
31/10 never forget
We live in a society where

in a society where

society

society

society

argh!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Strange Matter posted:

I think Bald Brian was a better engineer in terms of drop timing...

Really? I thought Anderson was insanely good with drop timing. Someone would mention something completely random in the middle of a sentence and Anderson would have the appropriate drop before the sentence was even completed.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Jubs posted:

Really? I thought Anderson was insanely good with drop timing. Someone would mention something completely random in the middle of a sentence and Anderson would have the appropriate drop before the sentence was even completed.

Totally agree. And if BB's drops weren't acknowledged he just seemed to keep trying to force them in. Though this was just my impression. nothing to back this up :P

Darth Nemesis
Nov 11, 2003

I <3 majins,
omg disgaea fag
I thought they both had amazing drop timing, but what I liked more than that was when you could hear BB bust out laughing in the background at something Adam or T said.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Today's podcast was a bit dull, it started off with some good industry anecdotes, and I always enjoy that, but it basically turned into two guys detailing their persecution complexes. The last fifteen minutes were better, I've heard Adam complain about stupid radio plenty of times but this one still got a chuckle out of me. Slayton wasn't completely unfunny, but he reminds me of why I don't regret moving away from Staten Island. He reminds me of my morbidly obese guinzo cousin who sells Coach knockoffs on Mulberry Street.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Gatekeeper posted:

Today's podcast was a bit dull, it started off with some good industry anecdotes, and I always enjoy that, but it basically turned into two guys detailing their persecution complexes. The last fifteen minutes were better, I've heard Adam complain about stupid radio plenty of times but this one still got a chuckle out of me. Slayton wasn't completely unfunny, but he reminds me of why I don't regret moving away from Staten Island. He reminds me of my morbidly obese guinzo cousin who sells Coach knockoffs on Mulberry Street.

Yeah, I've never understood why Bobby Slayton was a regular on the radio show. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they like him.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Dr Drew on the podcast soon! From Adam's twitter:

adamcarolla posted:

(TIME CHANGE) Taking calls for @adamcarolla and @drdrew tomorrow, Friday 11/13 at 10:00AM (PST) / 1:00PM (EST). 877.564.2326 (ADAM)

So you can call in if you want. As Loveliney as we'll get, I suppose

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Riptor posted:

Dr Drew on the podcast soon! From Adam's twitter:

When the podcast first started I listened to every single one for months, but then started to get a little more selective.

I never miss a Drew appearance though.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Drew was on Conan the other day. He needs to stay away from the tanning bed. He was brown.

spirited
Nov 2, 2001

Time might lead me to nowhere; Fate might break me apart; I'll always be thankful that once, along life's journey I found the unchanging Imperishable in you.

Lame as Heck posted:

2. Adam going off topic - I don't know why this doesn't translate over to his podcast but 2001 Adam never, ever repeats himself. If a subject comes up on which he's gone over extensively, he has seemingly forgotten anything else he's said about it and uses entirely different metaphors and scenarios in his rant. He's quick, but I think this versatility was always his biggest strength. When talking about the dentist abusing him and his bad teeth he said, "What does he think? That I just pour a whole box of milk duds into my mouth before bed and go to sleep like that? I brush and floss every day."

Adam today is a douche nozzle, he was much quicker a decade ago. The bohemian nature of the podcast is partially to blame, but he has lost his pulse gradually and now he's a graying geriatric. His worst offense now is he seems to be out of his comedic character as "Ace Man" and the human being Adam Carolla is exposed to air. The time Anderson insulted Bryan, Adam's voice cracked like the life of his own child was threatened, which is a huge change from the person who could rip in to himself and the handicapped like his heart was a bees nest.

I remember him a little while back bitching about Hollywood being a circus of actors with inflated self importance and that he had proved acting wasn't that hard because he did it while praising his baby The Hammer. The Hammer was a mediocre piece of poo poo and I'm glad I got it through Netflix because I only laughed when he did improv during the tar pit scene. He's only good on his feet, the Man Show was only funny during the man-on-the-street bits.

Lame as Heck posted:

I'm about to start 2003 with no stopping in sight. I listen to about 2 episodes average, sometimes 3 on days I work and while driving. Oh lord, what am I doing with my life.

You know, I always wondered why primarily retards consistently called Loveline. The fact that I like Loveline should give me self esteem issues because of that, Drew mentioned once that when he promoted his book Cracked on NPR that the book shot up to #20 on Amazon whereas selling it religiously for a year on his own show did very little. I actually bought Cracked and listen to NPR, so I guess that makes me the NPR crowd, not the junior college material.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

spirited posted:

You know, I always wondered why primarily retards consistently called Loveline. The fact that I like Loveline should give me self esteem issues because of that, Drew mentioned once that when he promoted his book Cracked on NPR that the book shot up to #20 on Amazon whereas selling it religiously for a year on his own show did very little. I actually bought Cracked and listen to NPR, so I guess that makes me the NPR crowd, not the junior college material.
The people who call Loveline don't read books.

I think the reason so many idiots called the show up was because Adam and Drew created an atmosphere where anyone could feel comfortable talking about anything. That applied to the guests, the hosts and certainly the callers, so when Joe from Santa Monica calls up and asks why his left testicle is turning orange, he doesn't feel overly self-conscious even when Drew asks him if he's naked and if there's a bag of cheetos nearby. It was a perfectly open forum.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

spirited posted:

Have you ever had a problem or question anywhere similar to that of the retards who call Loveline? If you haven't then you can feel much better about being a fan. I always felt that the majority of people listening were doing so for the trainwreck factor. Don't feel too bad. Even Adam always made a huge distinction between "caller" and "listener".

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I was listening yesterday on my way to the doctor's office, so I had a good 45-minute drive ahead of me. The episode was with Jeremy McGrath.

This guy named Marcus calls in drunk as all hell, and Adam keeps him on the line for a good 30 minutes to coerce him into drinking further. Then, a redneck guy named Rusty calls in to thank Drew and Adam for helping him get his life back on track. Seems he got a job at Home Depot as a cashier. Adam thinks it's great to have helped Rusty, so he plugs Marcus into the conversation so Rusty can convince him to quit drinking. Marcus berates Rusty and he comes back with, "Sounds like you need a relationship with Jesus Christ."

I almost wrecked the loving car I was laughing so hard during this exchange. Anyone else heard of this one before?

Holy poo poo it was on YouTube. Go figure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQUFpglPt2Q

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Marcus is one of the best callers in the history of loveline, no doubt in my mind.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Michael Anthony was a great guest on the podcast the other day. He seemed like a pretty chilled out guy and it was fun to hear his Van Halen stories. I'm surprised Adam actually let him talk.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

EnsGDT posted:

Marcus is one of the best callers in the history of loveline, no doubt in my mind.
My favorite was Doug the Goatraper, because his call lead to one of the greatest lines in all of Loveline.

Doug: "Well, I have a problem with bestiality."
*beat*
Jimmy Kimmel: "...It sounds like you no problem with bestiality."

Not to mention the phrase "I keep raping the hell out of this goat".

Lame as Heck
Mar 27, 2004

headcoatin' baby

Judakel posted:

Have you ever had a problem or question anywhere similar to that of the retards who call Loveline? If you haven't then you can feel much better about being a fan. I always felt that the majority of people listening were doing so for the trainwreck factor. Don't feel too bad. Even Adam always made a huge distinction between "caller" and "listener".

To this day I credit Loveline with being the singular reason why I don't have a kid, don't have herpes, don't have addiction, and don't have brain damage.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag

Lame as Heck posted:

To this day I credit Loveline with being the singular reason why ... don't have herpes

Actually I've noticed that Adam and Drew take an almost selfish stance about STDs, and don't seem to care about their spread that much. I can recall countless times when a caller would call about birth control, Drew would tell them what kind of pill to take, and the guest would jump in and say you should always use condoms to avoid STDs. Drew and Adam would usually almost laugh off this advice, or just quickly agree with it.

I totally understand their stance on this - their ultimate goal is avoiding unwanted pregnancy, and they're being realistic and realizing that people don't want to wear condoms.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

Paul Kersey posted:

Michael Anthony was a great guest on the podcast the other day. He seemed like a pretty chilled out guy and it was fun to hear his Van Halen stories. I'm surprised Adam actually let him talk.

"What I usually do is say 'Tell me about yourself' and then never let the guest talk again for the next 55 minutes."

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004

Ultimos posted:

Actually I've noticed that Adam and Drew take an almost selfish stance about STDs, and don't seem to care about their spread that much. I can recall countless times when a caller would call about birth control, Drew would tell them what kind of pill to take, and the guest would jump in and say you should always use condoms to avoid STDs. Drew and Adam would usually almost laugh off this advice, or just quickly agree with it.

I totally understand their stance on this - their ultimate goal is avoiding unwanted pregnancy, and they're being realistic and realizing that people don't want to wear condoms.

We all know Drew must have the warts because of his insistence of how prevalent it is (he is right about that) and how he said that many times, with certainty, that Adam has them. Welp he was proven wrong.

Also I sort of disagree that Drew does not care, he was talking up the HPV vaccine for years before it came out. I imagine it's futile to convince the tards' that call in that a condom is a good idea.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Except that the HPV vaccine is pretty much a scam. :can:

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag

Phone posted:

Except that the HPV vaccine is pretty much a scam. :can:

Is this true or are you making a joke?

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag

Capnbigboobies posted:

Also I sort of disagree that Drew does not care, he was talking up the HPV vaccine for years before it came out. I imagine it's futile to convince the tards' that call in that a condom is a good idea.

He cares about HPV Vaccines because it's a way to prevent ovarian cancer. And anal cancer. HBV is so contagious that condoms aren't guaranteed to stop the spread.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Ultimos posted:

Is this true or are you making a joke?

If the thinks it's true he's an idiot. It's very safe. 20 million doses administered in the US, 20-30 deaths within a year of getting the shot.

The National Cancer Institute Recommends it because it prevents almost all cervical cancer.

And if he's making a joke, then he's an rear end.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Strange Matter posted:

My favorite was Doug the Goatraper, because his call lead to one of the greatest lines in all of Loveline.

Doug: "Well, I have a problem with bestiality."
*beat*
Jimmy Kimmel: "...It sounds like you no problem with bestiality."

Not to mention the phrase "I keep raping the hell out of this goat".

Also Adam asking "What's the goat's sign?"

Today's podcast has Dr. Drew. The first three topics, according to the pictures posted in the blog, are Grape Ape, the 70s, and Dora the Explorer.

:suicide:

loving hack

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Ever since this podcast has come out, Adam sucks.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

JohnnyDangerously posted:

Ever since this podcast has come out, Adam sucks.

For me, it's more that he's been putting out the same podcast over and over, just with different guests.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

I liked when he tore into a caller who said that he spent too much time talking about himself and not to the guest, and then on the very next podcast he goes "Ok I'm going to tone it down a little"

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

bananasinpajamas posted:

Also Adam asking "What's the goat's sign?"

Today's podcast has Dr. Drew. The first three topics, according to the pictures posted in the blog, are Grape Ape, the 70s, and Dora the Explorer.

:suicide:

loving hack

Normally I'd be on the eye-roll bandwagon, but I like when he and Drew discuss these things rather than him just talking about it on his own. Those were always entertaining to me during the Loveline days, the "Hey Drew, not a lot of souffle humor these days" and then Drew making some reference to a Psychedelic Furs or Oingo Boingo song.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Hahaha, I'm listening to today's installment. Adam and Drew gang-raping Donny makes my day.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard
Anyone watching Sex Rehab with Dr Drew? I didn't catch the previous rehab series with Drew so I don't know how it compares but the first episode was pretty interesting. Classic loveline poo poo with abuse and issues and drugs etc. Kinda weird seeing people admitting to such problems on tv. But overall I have slightly mixed feelings about the show. I'm not sure how much of the show is about actually helping these people and educating viewers versus being another reality show. I couldn't help but feel that locking a bunch of generally attractive sex addicts of both sexes with each other isn't the optimal treatment. I know that Drew generally means well but he also really loves being on telly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Jesus Christ, I just finished the podcast after a break. If I ever see Donny, I'm going to loving strangle him as an act of mercy. "Hurrrr Adam! Did you hear Obama is going to let terr'ists get prosecuted in civil court so they can get let off by a slick lawyer?!:haw:"

• Locked thread