Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

Pretty much. Now it's warriors and rogues...

Rogue dps dagger dropped off Crucia last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
I can probably help with gearathon raids if 420 hit and being a sorta bad but can work on it and get better are requirements.

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

Kreczor posted:

Practically everything last night was rogue stuff, except like one cloth piece and the cleric boots off...whatever the first boss of EE is.

Also, is there really a fight worth going 21 into shaman for for the second interrupt? It seems like a waste of mitigation/hp for marginal utility gain. I can see the use of purge/cleanse builds, but the double interrupt I can't really see, unless you need to solo interrupt Matriarch or something, I guess.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

viewtyjoe posted:

Practically everything last night was rogue stuff, except like one cloth piece and the cleric boots off...whatever the first boss of EE is.

Also, is there really a fight worth going 21 into shaman for for the second interrupt? It seems like a waste of mitigation/hp for marginal utility gain. I can see the use of purge/cleanse builds, but the double interrupt I can't really see, unless you need to solo interrupt Matriarch or something, I guess.

grim brothers

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Fffffuuuuuuuuuuu

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So they fixed the exploit on Eggtenders.

We were barely beating the enrage with 275k raid dps. (nevermind countless wipes because of other stuff)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
The best mount!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

KaneTW posted:

So they fixed the exploit on Eggtenders.

We were barely beating the enrage with 275k raid dps. (nevermind countless wipes because of other stuff)

did they fix getting stuck inside the geometry when you harpoon to an egg?

anyway i dont think that the dps check is that tough since you'll most likely have plenty of dps; i guess you'd probably skip the last egg phase too and just burn the tender.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Sounds easy, we'll just do 1 tank, 1 healer, 18 dps.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Kreczor posted:

First thing out of Murven's mouth: Sorry Sochun, not a bard dagger.

EDIT: From my newbie perspective, I think things went pretty well for farm night, barring the strange drama about loot/breaks/whatever else. Things were definitely smoother the week before (for my first time), but considering we had basically four new folks (including me) and hit 7/9 in the same timeframe, that was pretty good!

skystream92 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 11, 2013

Hot Pants Jesus
Mar 8, 2013
Hey, I would like to join the Goon Squad Guild. Want to explore the content with an organized guild for a while, but wanted to level my character up to at least 20 so I can be of some use. Character's name is Nephelle. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

LoinclothedJesus posted:

Hey, I would like to join the Goon Squad Guild. Want to explore the content with an organized guild for a while, but wanted to level my character up to at least 20 so I can be of some use. Character's name is Nephelle. Looking forward to playing with you guys.
:laugh:organized:laugh:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

LoinclothedJesus posted:

You a mage?

Come on in!

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Kreczor posted:

You a mage?

Come on in!

I hate you. Especially because we need more rogues and warriors which is YOUR class.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Sounds easy, we'll just do 1 tank, 1 healer, 18 dps.

you will need group heals and maybe a defiler (probably not though). i would say breaker is easier than fixed eggtenders, but your 2 main dps groups absolutely need to be on point for that fight. here's a loot list for t2 bosses from the rift forums:

quote:

On summary where you can get what :

Helmet: Volan
Shoulders: Proteus
Chest: Planebreaker
Gloves: Warden Thrax or GA first 2 bosses
Belt: Eggtenders or GA first 2 bosses
Legs: Inyr`Kta or Ultane
Feet: Breaker X-1, Krizzix or GA first 2 bosses

Mainhand: Mordan&Viktus or Proteus
Offhand: Inyr`Kta
2h: Inyr`Kta
range: Warden Thrax
neck: Salvarola, Mordan&Viktus or Eggtenders
trinket: Ultane
ring: Salvarola, Breaker X-1, Krizzix

relic weapons of all kind: Volan and Planebreaker

it's interesting to see that ultane is the only boss that drops trinkets (assuming planebreaker doesnt), which is extremely poor design imo, because there are also legs in his loot table and he only drops one piece of loot. also, breaker shares a loot table with krizzix, which seems absurd.

also did anyone who managed to get a shadow hellbug note what time they went on sale? people are telling me it was 8pm server which really fucks me over, being an EU player.

one of these days i'll find a mount that matches my wardrobes :(

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 11, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

also did anyone who managed to get a shadow hellbug note what time they went on sale? people are telling me it was 8pm server which really fucks me over, being an EU player.

That sounds roughly correct. I saw a random person linking it on Level 60@Greybriar between Ultane pulls and thought it was too late in the day/week for a new drop from the event so I checked the Store and bam.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

one of these days i'll find a mount that matches my wardrobes :(

Maybe you shouldn't have such an awful wardrobe.

Hot Pants Jesus
Mar 8, 2013
Nephelle is a Defiant Rogue and my alt Lenwel is a Guardian Cleric. Depending on what you need more, I can make my main.

By the way, I dropped about $5 to get the 3 Day Pass (still have the leftover credits) and some roles for my Rogue two days ago and I plan on dropping $50 sometime next week (8,250). Will get the Storm Legion Souls (3,150), the 30-Day Pass (2,160), and two character slots (648 each for 1,298) and making that the only money I spend on the game outside of subscription. Like, I refuse to spend anymore on credits after this.

I will have around 1,906 credits to spare and I want to make the most of them. What would you recommend getting? I don't care for cosmetics or convenience items unless it's actual mobility, and if only if the purchase applies to all my characters.

Hot Pants Jesus fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 11, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

LoinclothedJesus posted:

Nephelle is a Defiant Rogue and my alt Lenwel is a Guardian Cleric. Depending on what you need more, I can make my main.

By the way, I dropped about $5 to get the 3 Day Pass (still have the leftover credits) and some roles for my Rogue two days ago and I plan on dropping $50 sometime next week (8,250). Will get the Storm Legion Souls (3,150), the 30-Day Pass (2,160), and two character slots (648 each for 1,298) and making that the only money I spend on the game outside of subscription. Like, I refuse to spend anymore on credits after this.

I will have around 1,906 credits to spare and I want to make the most of them. What would you recommend getting? I don't care for cosmetics or convenience items unless it's actual mobility, and if only if the purchase applies to all my characters.

Get the portal generator for a free port anywhere on the map you're on (telara/SL map), some rune and socket unsocketers? There isn't a whole lot that's necessary by any means, most of it is convenience and cosmetics. Maybe another bag slot? Those are always handy.

Oraculum Animi posted:

I hate you. Especially because we need more rogues and warriors which is YOUR class.

:thejoke:

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Buy patron first, it reduces the credit cost of everything.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

LoinclothedJesus posted:

Play what you enjoy. Kreczor was being what we like to call in the business, a "butt"

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Play what you enjoy. Kreczor was being what we like to call in the business, a "buttzor"
:haw:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

LoinclothedJesus posted:

Keep in mind that the purchase prices you are seeing now, include a 10% discount for having patron status (you got the 3-day pass).

If you're going to spend more credits than (3-day pass x 10), buy a 3 day pass first, then spend the credits. Due to the discount, you will break even or come out ahead AND have patron status for a few days afterwards.

edit: one more non-intuitive thing is when you hit P and go to patron tab, the daily things that give bonus exp, notoriety, etc when you lose patron status you lose all charges so be sure to use them before patron status expires :)

edit2: I actually don't know if having patron status reduces the cost of buying more patron status, does anyone know?

edit3: cost of 30 day patron status is 2160, I currently have patron status. that's 10% less than 2400 so I'm leaning towards yes the discount even applies to additional patron status purchases

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 12, 2013

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

LoinclothedJesus posted:

We don't "need" anything, but you may find it easier to get gearathon gear on your rogue.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Kreczor posted:

Get the portal generator for a free port anywhere on the map you're on (telara/SL map), some rune and socket unsocketers? There isn't a whole lot that's necessary by any means, most of it is convenience and cosmetics. Maybe another bag slot? Those are always handy.

:thejoke:

Keep enough aside for a level 60 mount for your main, that's the best value/cost for useful items from the store. Mounts are per-character purchases.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

mr. nobody posted:

Keep enough aside for a level 60 mount for your main, that's the best value/cost for useful items from the store. Mounts are per-character purchases.

Hell, I think you can just buy the mount and throw it in your bank for now so it doesn't eat up inventory space. Just in case you have a problem saving credits (like me).

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I moved my character to Deepwood, joined the goonsquad channel, posted my name earlier in the thread (Mcdorf) and asked for a guild invite a few times. Have I been unlucky enough to be online when there's no one around available to send out guild invites? There doesn't seem to be any activity in the channel that I've seen other than 'x has joined/left the channel.'

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Daler Mehndi posted:

I moved my character to Deepwood, joined the goonsquad channel, posted my name earlier in the thread (Mcdorf) and asked for a guild invite a few times. Have I been unlucky enough to be online when there's no one around available to send out guild invites? There doesn't seem to be any activity in the channel that I've seen other than 'x has joined/left the channel.'

I'll log on and send you one in a second, but invites go to your mailbox if you aren't online, so check there.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Eltoasto posted:

I'll log on and send you one in a second, but invites go to your mailbox if you aren't online, so check there.
I got the invite, thanks!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Daler Mehndi posted:

Nobody hates you, we just missed the request(*s)!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
so i honestly cannot tell if eggtenders has been "fixed" or not

the tenders still dont do the spinning mechanic/big bubble mechanic if you range it, but now they gain a stacking buff which makes them attack faster and they hit your tank. even at 20 stacks though, the damage seems pretty meh, defiler or not. the eggs have a pulse that can be interrupted but the interrupt doesnt seem to do anything even though the castbar stops. the eggs arent up on the platforms (they probably never will be tbh) either. the enrage actually does stuff now.

it seems like they upped the tank damage to deal with tanks ranging it, but it hasnt worked. it's safe to say every aspect of the fight is pretty much hosed, except for the enrage, which is now reasonably tight (280k~ raid dps).

on the bright side, proteus trash only took us 15 minutes last night, and the big crab's wave aoe seems to do nothing at all even if you stand in it. those witches are still the loving WORST though.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

mr. nobody posted:

Nobody hates you, we just missed the request(*s)!
And now that I'm in, I checked the guild bank. Oh god there are so many things in there. :stare: I assume I'm allowed to take a few crafting resources I would otherwise have to farm for half an hour in a zone I haven't been in for days, as long as I'm not being a jackass about it. I guess it's also a good place to dump the stuff I don't need anymore.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Daler Mehndi posted:

And now that I'm in, I checked the guild bank. Oh god there are so many things in there. :stare: I assume I'm allowed to take a few crafting resources I would otherwise have to farm for half an hour in a zone I haven't been in for days, as long as I'm not being a jackass about it. I guess it's also a good place to dump the stuff I don't need anymore.

Take what you need, but try to maintain swastika's or "gently caress" designs by moving things over. Also make sure to check out the guild dimension for tsu's famous angry toilet.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Just transferred my warrior and mage to Deepwood. My main is Serpus, please invite.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eltoasto posted:

Take what you need, but try to maintain swastika's or "gently caress" designs by moving things over. Also make sure to check out the guild dimension for tsu's famous angry toilet.

Never not make bag swastikas and piss off that one dude who got real mad about cloth being moved around.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Daler Mehndi posted:

You see how much crap is in there, please, take what you'll use, to make room for more goons to put in single-item stacks of a level 4 crafting material.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Hey everyone, I'm going to try to get some crafting rifts running tomorrow (Sunday) night at around 8 PM eastern. I'm sure we'll run them for a while so if you want to jump in later please come join us and bring any lures you want to get rid of.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does crifting provide torvan rep?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

SlayVus posted:

Does crifting provide torvan rep?

Nope, only Hunt related stuff gives Torvan (oh, and Strong Holds). Maybe Lycini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

necrotic posted:

Nope, only Hunt related stuff gives Torvan (oh, and Strong Holds). Maybe Lycini.

No crafting daily from Tempest Bay, that I know of, gives either Lycini or Torvan.

• Locked thread