Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

joat mon posted:

Or had mammal saliva in contact with your mucous membranes, if you're into very unusual circumstances...

Don't kinkshame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014
i just read three pages of goonshit trying to argue that water "tastes bad" and "is gross" because their palettes have been salted by frozen chik'n nuggets and coca cola in much the same way that armies would salt the earth to prevent anything wholesome from growing

nah i'm kidding i don't read these loving threads

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Actually there is only the one person trying to argue that water is bland and an inferior drinking choice.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
millennial-water-treatise.txt

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's a video by a famous internet comedian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyszYwXiVY
This guy.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

ethanol posted:

Have you tried drinking piss?

ethanol posted:

It's really good

This sums up modern advertising pretty well.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

notZaar posted:

Actually there is only the one person trying to argue that water is bland and an inferior drinking choice.
if you don't think water is bland, i don't know what to tell you besides maybe you're autistic

also water is only inferior to everything else in terms of taste. as i said it's probably the healthiest thing you can eat or drink, it's the most cost-effective, and it's the most readily available.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
actually, when you're really thirsty, water tastes like heaven. you will never taste anything better in your life than water when you are really thirsty. this makes sense, because your body is like 60% water, so it's crying "welcome home, welcome home!"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

but i guess because you are always drinking lemonade or something you don't know this?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

nomadologique posted:

actually, when you're really thirsty, water tastes like heaven. you will never taste anything better in your life than water when you are really thirsty. this makes sense, because your body is like 60% water, so it's crying "welcome home, welcome home!"

Have you never had an ice cold beer on a hot day?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

neonbregna posted:

Beer isn't loaded with sugar, though.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

if you don't think water is bland, i don't know what to tell you besides maybe you're autistic

also water is only inferior to everything else in terms of taste. as i said it's probably the healthiest thing you can eat or drink, it's the most cost-effective, and it's the most readily available.

it all starts out normal, but in a shocking turn of events that will send chills down your spine, it's actually the guy who doesn't "like" water who's autistic!

all this and more in RL Stine's "the loving retard who only drank pepsi max"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

neonbregna posted:

i have, and while quite tasty, it will never contend with those shining moments of joy that is water at the exact right moment.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Beer isn't loaded with sugar, though.

but it is loaded with carbs which is like p much the same thing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dave Concepcion posted:

it all starts out normal, but in a shocking turn of events that will send chills down your spine, it's actually the guy who doesn't "like" water who's autistic!

all this and more in RL Stine's "the loving retard who only drank pepsi max"
pepsi max is disgusting imo

nomadologique posted:

i have, and while quite tasty, it will never contend with those shining moments of joy that is water at the exact right moment.
admittedly i was a bit retarded earlier with the lemonade/juice thing since i always drink water when playing tennis.

i still don't drink it for the taste though, i drink it because (again) it's the healthiest thing i could have and it's the most readily available.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

If you drink water that ain't at least 20% wine, then I laugh on your barbarian rear end

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

but have you ever had water and it tasted like god's piss?

i don't think this is an uncommon experience, but maybe what you need to do is not drink anything at all until you're just going mad with thirst and then try some water. it might be a revelation. you keep saying it doesn't taste blah blah blah but taste isn't just a result of whatever chemicals are present in the food/drink, it is also a complex nervous event that (although i'm no expert) surely takes things like satiety into account.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

symbolic posted:

i never said water isn't healthy. drat near the healthiest thing you can ingest. it just sucks that it's bland and tasteless. good thing Mio exists.

You are the world's oldest living toddler, congratulations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nomadologique posted:

but have you ever had water and it tasted like god's piss?

i don't think this is an uncommon experience, but maybe what you need to do is not drink anything at all until you're just going mad with thirst and then try some water. it might be a revelation. you keep saying it doesn't taste blah blah blah but taste isn't just a result of whatever chemicals are present in the food/drink, it is also a complex nervous event that (although i'm no expert) surely takes things like satiety into account.
why does it keep coming back to me drinking piss

also i'm not going to dehydrate myself to that point, even if true. i'll take your non-expert word for it and conclude that when you're totally and utterly dehydrated, water tastes good probably.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
There are three things it's good/excusable to drink: water, black coffee, and beer.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

there's a reason that the old prisoner meal was bread and water. give them the blandest things to subsist on as possible.

e: or maybe cheapest. one of the two.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

neonbregna posted:

Um yes it's inferior to water for quenching thirst. Beer tastes like poo poo man i drink it to get a buzz and take the edge off certainly not for refreshment ever. Thats dumb as hell

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
I have an idea for a start up

let's disrupt water

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Also things like fruit juice aren't healthy since they contain lots of sugar without fiber.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lufiron posted:

let's disrupt water

Everyone already 'Thinks outside the box'. What if we think inside the box?

Let's box water.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

thathonkey posted:

Um yes it's inferior to water for quenching thirst. Beer tastes like poo poo man i drink it to get a buzz and take the edge off certainly not for refreshment ever. Thats dumb as hell

I don't think beer "tastes like poo poo" but I do agree that I personally never found it refreshing on a hot day. I mean I'll still drink it every time, but if only refreshment was my goal water is much better for that purpose.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
millenials are cool

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

symbolic posted:

there's a reason that the old prisoner meal was bread and water. give them the blandest things to subsist on as possible.

e: or maybe cheapest. one of the two.

Will you just drink your piss and report back already? Christ.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:byodame: :Sugar is the enemy! Remove all SUgar from diet, now! DO it!
:byodood: :But Some type of sugar is needed to sustain all life as we know it.
:byodame: :Wrong! NO. NO! NO! NO! NONONONONONO DOn't you try to diet shame me!
:byodood: :No I'm not, I'm just trying to have a reasona.....
:byodame: :I'M OFFENDED!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pvt Dancer posted:

Will you just drink your piss and report back already? Christ.
i'd prefer not to

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Not one but now TWO arguments about water in the same thread that has nothing to do with water? OH BOY! :woop:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

symbolic posted:

i'd prefer not to

Oh come on. You don't have to drink everything, just a sip to get the taste.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lufiron posted:

let's disrupt water

A catheter that runs directly into a camelback. Never lose your fluids again, and save so much on $6 box water!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wait are chia seeds really a scam? I put those things in my cereal every morning.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wait are chia seeds really a scam? I put those things in my cereal every morning.

:doh:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wiki: "Although preliminary research indicates potential health benefits from consuming chia seeds, this work remains sparse and inconclusive.[16]"

Given that seeds are designed not to be digested and most of the sites that I see that are hyping the benefits are also the ones selling them I am a bit skeptical

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
80% of things are marketing designed to get you to buy thing because reasons.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

80% of things are marketing designed to get you to buy thing because reasons.

At least most marketing isn't "12 reasons you should be eating Chia seeds, #3 will shock you!"

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

DreamShipWrecked posted:

A catheter that runs directly into a camelback. Never lose your fluids again, and save so much on $6 box water!

Your piss catheter is routed desert-fashion
(He shall take to your ways as if born to them)

A man's body is his own, his water belongs to the tribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Wiki: "Although preliminary research indicates potential health benefits from consuming chia seeds, this work remains sparse and inconclusive.[16]"

Given that seeds are designed not to be digested and most of the sites that I see that are hyping the benefits are also the ones selling them I am a bit skeptical

Seeds are a major food source, so I don't think that automatically discounts anything. Usually we prepare them somehow though by removing the seed coat or cooking them.

I've always been skeptical of the claim that they're some sort of a miracle cure (because nothing ever is), but they are a good source of fiber, and I'm assuming chewing might help with the digestion process. I've never heard of people drinking them in their water though. That sounds dumb.

• Locked thread