Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Bumhead posted:

Living outside the US always adds an interesting "I don't know poo poo about Nabraska but COOL!" dynamic to these updates.

Living inside the US, this is the first time anyone has ever been excited about Nebraska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Deathlove posted:

Living inside the US, this is the first time anyone has ever been excited about Nebraska.

It's a pretty good album :colbert:

…and I'm sure there's something interesting in the state, too. Somewhere.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

These jokes are getting corny

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Zenostein posted:

It's a pretty good album :colbert:

…and I'm sure there's something interesting in the state, too. Somewhere.

College baseball has their championship tournament hosted there in Omaha every year.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

The Union Pacific rail yard in North Platte is neat, if you're into trains.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://blog.scssoft.com/2024/05/trade-connections-switzerland-event.html

ETS2 Switzerland event.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Really liking the new Switzerland and it's nice that it seems to mostly run pretty well even on my crappy little laptop (less so in the cities but nothing major so far). It looks great and is no longer a chore to drive through where you have to keep switching lanes for every junction. Looking forward to checking out the new Rhineland too.

One change I've noticed from the update is that some things - mostly notably road signs - seem a bit blurrier than before. Anyone know what setting might affect this?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Really liking the new Switzerland and it's nice that it seems to mostly run pretty well even on my crappy little laptop (less so in the cities but nothing major so far). It looks great and is no longer a chore to drive through where you have to keep switching lanes for every junction. Looking forward to checking out the new Rhineland too.

One change I've noticed from the update is that some things - mostly notably road signs - seem a bit blurrier than before. Anyone know what setting might affect this?

They changed the anti-alias system, maybe you need to enable it?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

TjyvTompa posted:

They changed the anti-alias system, maybe you need to enable it?

I switched to "Always Sharp" which seems to have helped a bit. Thanks!

I really need to check the distances for this event, I think I've done a bunch that have just fallen short. My fault for having it set to miles I guess, lol.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Small note regarding the event; each of the ten deliveries has to be made to or be from a different country.

That part was different from other events I can recall.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Quill posted:

Small note regarding the event; each of the ten deliveries has to be made to or be from a different country.

That part was different from other events I can recall.

Oooh, this is maybe why mine weren't counting then! Thanks!

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I'm sure Missouri is wonderful, but it tickled me that their latest update for it is essentially "yooooooo we got truck stops, ya'll"

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/270880/view/4151834708389555551

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Eagerly awaiting the Lot Lizards mod.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

The only thing I would do in Missouri is pass through, so they're good to know about.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/227300/view/4169849469478704217

The Electric Renault truck now appears in quick jobs in ETS2.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

#notmywoketruck

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
https://x.com/WorldBollard/status/1798394649591292250

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Is it possible to get numbers for gas rather than a partially filled teeny icon on the 3rd person GPS?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Every truck’s real fuel gauge is operational. Some trucks have multiple screen displays you can cycle through, with better fuel overviews.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Can't be overweight on your axle if you don't have an axle.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
The newest blog post teased Iowa as the next ATS DLC. I guess they're probably going to stick with single-state DLC expansions if that's been working for them so far, though they'll have to give that up once they get to the east coast (or hopefully a lot sooner than that).

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Rust Belt pack..

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If they’re not going to release them in packs, I hope they eventually start selling them like that. Gonna be a lot of DLC to buy individually once they cross the Mississippi

(Have they crossed it already? My geography is a little fuzzy for that part of the country)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ainsley McTree posted:

If they’re not going to release them in packs, I hope they eventually start selling them like that. Gonna be a lot of DLC to buy individually once they cross the Mississippi

(Have they crossed it already? My geography is a little fuzzy for that part of the country)

Kansas & Nebraska only border the Missouri river.

We still need any of Arkansas, Missouri or Iowa to finally reach the banks of the Mississippi.