Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
tower sshield s are gAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whoa really

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i love the cage dudes in the village

they drop 5 lovely souls because they're just some dudes in a cage and that's a good lore thing

and they're harmless

Soral
May 30, 2009

i really think its super cool how the npc summons behave differently in this game. if you summon eygon of carim for a boss fight he will always turn to face away from you no matter how hard you try to stand in front of him, and if you summon knight albert in the vordt area and then kill emma while he's following you he'll use a black separation crystal to warp out of your world

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

i love the cage dudes in the village

they drop 5 lovely souls because they're just some dudes in a cage and that's a good lore thing

and they're harmless

some of them throw vomit balls that hurt lmao

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
should i make my raw claymore into a fire claymore

idk how effective fire is in general and i dont want to lose a ton of damage

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 26, 2016

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Ludleth is straight up one one of my favorite characters in the game. Dude is just so happy, sitting on his throne turning souls into spells and weapons while everyone who made fun of him is dead.

I also love the little touch where after you place all the embers on the thrones and he goes out in a blaze of glory, his name switches from 'Ludleth the Exiled' to 'Ludleth of Cortland'. Your long exile is over, little buddy. :unsmith:

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

fire seems pretty good in general but there are some areas where using fire damage will massively cripple your dps output.

is there any reason you cant just get another weapon of the same class and make that fire

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the only other 2hander i have available is the bastard sword which is stubbly for a greatsword

i'm gonna make it raw again probably and make a zwei 2hander once it shows up on greirat

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Soral posted:

i really think its super cool how the npc summons behave differently in this game. if you summon eygon of carim for a boss fight he will always turn to face away from you no matter how hard you try to stand in front of him, and if you summon knight albert in the vordt area and then kill emma while he's following you he'll use a black separation crystal to warp out of your world

Huh that second one is cool. Anri does the same thing as Eygon if you summon him for Pontiff apparently

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol knight Albert is like whoa. I'm loving outta here

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Goat posted:

There's a bunch of horrible things in the early-mid part of the game, like dogs, that get hosed up by fire so it's good to infuse it into a quicker backup weapon like a straight sword. Splitting the damage usually lowers the damage because they both have to go through defense separately.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
there might be 3 dlcs happening.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

scary ghost dog posted:

Gonna need a Sauce on that my friend.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

rediscover posted:

Gonna need a Sauce on that my friend.

miyazaki did an interview in taiwan but i cant find the text, only comments

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
could be fake

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

do not do this to me I am in a very emotional state atm

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

miyazaki did an interview in taiwan but i cant find the text, only comments

https://m.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gg3jg/april_23rd_hidetaka_miyazaki_interview_in_taiwan/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Q: What about Armored Core sequel?
A: Personally I want to do it. After all I was involved in three games in the series. Armored Core is one of the pillars of FROM Software's lineup, but I can't reveal anything at the moment.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This has been deleted.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

This has been deleted.

hm.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
In both my playthroughs, after I beat dancer every time I load from a bonfire all my resistances fill up like it's applying my armor or something

Maybe it is more accurate to say they empty out

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
that happens at the grand archives bonfire right after dragonslayer as well. and i think one or two more other places in dark souls 1/2 and i wonder why that happens.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It happens when I wear Bloodring and Shackle at the same time... I think it has to do with negative status resists

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a legend returns (late game spoilers) http://youtu.be/hwV7CAdjY74

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

a legend returns (late game spoilers) http://youtu.be/hwV7CAdjY74

lmao awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love the Great bow.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the part where he fights the guy who doesn't do anything but roll in circles and chug estus.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

This has been deleted.

it was a bad translation. theres only two dlcs......so far
miyazaki: "right now there are only two (that we can tell you about). the first one is 2016 Fall and second one is early 2017"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thats so far away..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope there are 8 DLCs over the next 3 or 4 years.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

it was a bad translation. theres only two dlcs......so far
miyazaki: "right now there are only two (that we can tell you about). the first one is 2016 Fall and second one is early 2017"

Where can I read the un deleted accurate trasnlation?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just thought of something amazing. What if they release 10 DLCs?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i too wish this game didnt have an ending

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Larry Parrish posted:

It happens when I wear Bloodring and Shackle at the same time... I think it has to do with negative status resists

It happens when u cast iron flesh too

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've probably invaded 50 times and been invaded 20 times and I haven't seen a single miracle being used except for heal, and then only once or twice.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

net cafe scandal posted:

Just thought of something amazing. What if they release 10 DLCs?

i'd be entirely ok with them going all out and releasing a custom kit like that king's field game even if it was just a sdk they licensed to smaller companies

net cafe scandal posted:

I've probably invaded 50 times and been invaded 20 times and I haven't seen a single miracle being used except for heal, and then only once or twice.

i think my current character is going faith so i can use darkmoon blade/lighting blade/that magic blade that makes you regen but none of the other miracles i've seen have made me stop and think "wow cool i should deffo use this"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every single miracle in DS3 looks badass... I think a lot of them aren't that good though.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm glad that they finally gave guidance a real use but also i'd still never use it in a million years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Every single miracle in DS3 looks badass... I think a lot of them aren't that good though.

Nope most of them suck balls unfortunately.

• Locked thread